Instagram

SportsFever360

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    16,353
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Why has India not been as successful as Pakistan in Tests?

    Why India has not been as successful as Pakistan in Tests? Some stats to ponder:

    Total Tests Played:

    From independence (15 Aug, 1947) India has played 517 test matches: won 146, lost 157, tied 1 and draw 212 tests. So they have lost more matches than won and their win/loss ratio is 0.929.

    On the other hand Pakistan has played 415 test matches: won 134, lost 123, and draw 158 tests. So they have won more matches than lost and their win/loss ratio is 1.089.

    Advantage: Pakistan

    Head to Head:

    India and Pakistan has played 59 tests against each other: India won 9, lost 12 and draw 38 tests.

    Advantage: Pakistan

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    582
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Few people here would want ball by ball, run by run and which cities the matches were played analysis to support their ridiculous thinking, it's embarrassing
    Simple answer, better bowlers.

    If anyone here were to tell you that bowlers do not win test match are probably either Indian or do not know what Test cricket is about.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    583
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indians do not have good performances, the good performances come in patches, not consistent enough

  4. #4
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,465
    Mentioned
    930 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Add in the the stats from earlier and it is a truly mediocre story. The answer, like someone said, is a lack of great bowlers, especially fast bowlers.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    875
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simple,pakistan HAD many great fast bowlers we have none

  6. #6
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    18,831
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Any analysis, that looks to equate records from dawn of time is flawed. It has to be done by era

  7. #7
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,918
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't have the bowlers to dismiss teams cheaply. Teams regularly get high scores versus India.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    3,792
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add the Indian's great home record to the picture and it boils down to them being awful away

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    1,409
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India has a total of zero ATG fast bowlers in their entire history (sorry Kapil). You need fast bowlers to win matches outside Asia. Unfortunately for India, their numerous ATG batsmen can't win matches since tests are won by bowlers by taking 20 wickets, especially outside Asia.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    294
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pak bowlers > Ind bowlers. In ODI cricket, more often than not, batsmen wins you matches. However in test, if you are not taking that 20 wickets, good luck winning a test match. This is why India shines in ODI/T20 quite often but struggles in test.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    1,091
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    Pak bowlers > Ind bowlers. In ODI cricket, more often than not, batsmen wins you matches. However in test, if you are not taking that 20 wickets, good luck winning a test match. This is why India shines in ODI/T20 quite often but struggles in test.
    Its other way round now, bowlers taking wickets, batsmen not scoring enough in Tests.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The head to head between India and Pakistan would have been much different if there was no cancellation of test series (well ..any series) since 2007. If we would've played more tests in the last decade ( 2007 - 2018), be it in UAE or in India, I think india would've been infront. Not because we became a world class team in that period , but because of the decline of Pak test team .

  13. #13
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    1,053
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Add in the the stats from earlier and it is a truly mediocre story. The answer, like someone said, is a lack of great bowlers, especially fast bowlers.
    Exactly, and they should be added. Because of Congress sponsored Apartheid, there was a dearth of Pakistani (Muslim) players so those are India stats, not ours

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    381
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziRules View Post
    Exactly, and they should be added. Because of Congress sponsored Apartheid, there was a dearth of Pakistani (Muslim) players so those are India stats, not ours
    What a joke. Pre-independance Indian teams used to have 3-5 Muslim players in most playing XIs. Check out Indian tours to England and other countries in 30s, the teams used to be basically a mix of Lahore and Mumbai players.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    1,340
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalin View Post
    The head to head between India and Pakistan would have been much different if there was no cancellation of test series (well ..any series) since 2007. If we would've played more tests in the last decade ( 2007 - 2018), be it in UAE or in India, I think india would've been infront. Not because we became a world class team in that period , but because of the decline of Pak test team .
    I don't think so. If there were test series between the two in that period, India would have had to contend with Ajmal and late Shah and the likes of Rehman playing alongside Ajmal. Asif, Amir, now Abbas and Hasan, all very tough.

    I think Pak can likely draw in India but I don't think India can win often enough in the UAE. YK probably would have 2-3 more centuries too.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    875
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post Misyou we would have whitewashed you in uae. Srl whitewashed pakistan, so surely we would have done that easily.
    During Misyou it would have been a tough series.
    Our players are not excellent against spin but same with your players.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,980
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Inffective fast bowling.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    I don't think so. If there were test series between the two in that period, India would have had to contend with Ajmal and late Shah and the likes of Rehman playing alongside Ajmal. Asif, Amir, now Abbas and Hasan, all very tough.

    I think Pak can likely draw in India but I don't think India can win often enough in the UAE. YK probably would have 2-3 more centuries too.
    Ajmal was never as effective against India as he was against most other teams ...only noteworthy performance of him would be a fifer in the third odi of the aane do Series which ended up inconsequential. So I don't think he' d have caused a lot of concern to the Indian batsmen and the same applies to Yasir and Rehman as well. And the faster bowlers are basically neutralised on UAE and indian pitches.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    3,408
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    Why India has not been as successful as Pakistan in Tests? Some stats to ponder:

    Total Tests Played:

    From independence (15 Aug, 1947) India has played 517 test matches: won 146, lost 157, tied 1 and draw 212 tests. So they have lost more matches than won and their win/loss ratio is 0.929.

    On the other hand Pakistan has played 415 test matches: won 134, lost 123, and draw 158 tests. So they have won more matches than lost and their win/loss ratio is 1.089.

    Advantage: Pakistan

    Head to Head:

    India and Pakistan has played 59 tests against each other: India won 9, lost 12 and draw 38 tests.

    Advantage: Pakistan
    it's all in the meat man (sab gosht hai dost). Nothing else.


    it's written. an akmal will never be a hero.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    18,831
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pakistan has a higher bowling average in Australia vs. India and lower batting average as well.
    Comparison between India and Pakistan always flatter Pakistan because (a) they take in to account that we were a historically better team and (b) we played better in NZ in the past vs India and we continue to play England decently even now.
    So the only question worth asking (and its been asked in other forums already) is why does England have a psychological hold on India in tests.

    From Pakistan's perspective, history changes quite a bit if you group Pakistan's odi and test performances by era.
    pre-wasim-waqar
    during - wasim-waqar era
    post wasim-waqar era.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,094
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    Why India has not been as successful as Pakistan in Tests? Some stats to ponder:

    Total Tests Played:

    From independence (15 Aug, 1947) India has played 517 test matches: won 146, lost 157, tied 1 and draw 212 tests. So they have lost more matches than won and their win/loss ratio is 0.929.

    On the other hand Pakistan has played 415 test matches: won 134, lost 123, and draw 158 tests. So they have won more matches than lost and their win/loss ratio is 1.089.

    Advantage: Pakistan

    Head to Head:

    India and Pakistan has played 59 tests against each other: India won 9, lost 12 and draw 38 tests.

    Advantage: Pakistan
    What is the conclusion you are drawing from these stats given that we are now in the year 2018 ?


    Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,094
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And predictably there was silence


    Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

  23. #23
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,465
    Mentioned
    930 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusker View Post
    And predictably there was silence
    Awkward silence because India just got thrashed 4-1 by England right after Pakistan drew a series against them...

    Don't expect a response from me if your post is filled with emojis and mindless babbling. I don't care if you bump this thread five times over the next three days writing about silence.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    12,200
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Pakistan has a higher bowling average in Australia vs. India and lower batting average as well.
    Comparison between India and Pakistan always flatter Pakistan because (a) they take in to account that we were a historically better team and (b) we played better in NZ in the past vs India and we continue to play England decently even now.
    So the only question worth asking (and its been asked in other forums already) is why does England have a psychological hold on India in tests.

    From Pakistan's perspective, history changes quite a bit if you group Pakistan's odi and test performances by era.
    pre-wasim-waqar
    during - wasim-waqar era
    post wasim-waqar era.
    The psychological edge that England had over India is over. The 2016 tour showed how England were destroyed despite winning 4 out of 5 tosses. This series India were simply not good enough. Batsmen could not adjust to the conditions and bowlers did not keep it tight enough. England have simply been the better team man for man .

  25. #25
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    18,831
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    The psychological edge that England had over India is over. The 2016 tour showed how England were destroyed despite winning 4 out of 5 tosses. This series India were simply not good enough. Batsmen could not adjust to the conditions and bowlers did not keep it tight enough. England have simply been the better team man for man .
    I am not sure. This England team has lost to West Indies and Pakistan (who recently lost to Sri Lanka) at home. England is a weak test team. It’s definitely good to take heart in how awesome the Indian bowling has been on this tour, but then your batsmen didn’t show up. I use the term psychological hold loosely.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •