Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

IPL 2019 Discussion Thread

Should the general elections in India be held in 2019, the BCCI is considering multiple options to shift the Indian Premier League next year to a different venue. Reportedly, South Africa, United Arab Emirates and even England are currently on the radar as the potential venues if the need arises.

South Africa hosted the 2009 edition of IPL with elections being held in India. Then, in 2014, UAE hosted the first half of the cash-rich T20 league. So, for BCCI, these two are the preferred venues.

However, in the event of the entire season being shifted to a different country, it is highly likely that South Africa will land the league owing to its infrastructure and past experience of holding big events. UAE, even though its cost-effective, has just three major cricket stadiums [Dubai, Sharjah and Abu Dhabi] which might break the deal.
    “It [the planning] is an ongoing process,” Mumbai Mirror quoted a source as saying on Tuesday.

The eight franchises and the cricket boards of the three nations have been informed about BCCI’s plans.

Apart from the venue, the timing of the IPL 12 is also a big headache. England will host the World Cup next year. The tournament kicks off from May 30 – right after the IPL season ends. So, keeping that in mind, the season might start a bit early in the last week of March, the report claimed. The exact dates and venue of the event will be cleared only after the confirmation of general elections.

The Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators is meeting on Tuesday in Mumbai to discuss the options.

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...-report-744559

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Skip 2019's IPL?

If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just postpone it after the world cup.. Do they want to kill international players?

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same happened in 2009 as well...not big deal...

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I hope they use their brain this time by either cancelling it or shifting it to England.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please cancel it.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    449 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Please cancel it.
    No. Why?

I don't get it why can't they have the IPL concentrated in one region. Like, have all the first round matches in three cities and nothing more.

The I in IPL stands for India and that's how it should remain.

ya aenu chuk lay ya mainu aenu chukkan di taaqat day

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is always talk of this and most of the tournament is still played in India anyway.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Please cancel it.
    $ says no.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please cancel it.
    There are more chances of the BCCI opting out of the 2019 World Cup.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    IPL brings in close to $700mn in revenues. Its easy to say cancel the event.

Wouldnot mind if they hold it in England this season.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it illegal for it to be held during an election year?

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post

That's what I meant to imply.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Is it illegal for it to be held during an election year?
    No. We can't handle election and circus at the same time. So circus always has to make way for something serious like elections.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    No. We can't handle election and circus at the same time. So circus always has to make way for something serious like elections.
    Ok, thanks.

What's the obstacle: Logistics? Security? Or something else entirely?

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post

Is ECB's permission already assumed?

Maybe South Africa but Logard hates BCCI. Is he still the chairman?

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun time for players and punters alike, it's a tournament made for fun not cricket. Unfortunately, it's only going to go bigger esp if India keeps losing abroad series and Kohli's dedication towards test cricket will die down and then we will see IPL-summer and IPL-winter editions.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely no chance of it being cancelled, as some posters are saying. We hear stuff like this all the time but nothing comes of it. At worst, a portion of the tournament may be held in another country, perhaps UAE, like what happened a few seasons ago.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WHy not just cancel and try again in like 20 years when India have better T20 cricketers?

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Ok, thanks.

What's the obstacle: Logistics? Security? Or something else entirely?
    Indian election is biggest Election in world.Takes more than a month to finish(Voting lone,excluding campaign process).So giving security to IPL matches is pretty difficult as Police/Reserved police etc are fully busy with Elections.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good chance this will be shifted to England and give their players a chance to acclimatise to the English wickets in time for the WC.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Good chance this will be shifted to England and give their players a chance to acclimatise to the English wickets in time for the WC.
    Actually I would say no chance as England will be hosting World Cup in June. Can't see ECB agreeing to this. Their whole focus will be on the World Cup.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali_Pakistan View Post
    Actually I would say no chance as England will be hosting World Cup in June. Can't see ECB agreeing to this. Their whole focus will be on the World Cup.
    But money talks. Will be interesting to see what they do.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    J&K to form its own IPL cricket team: Governor Malik

J&K Governor, Satya Pal Malik on Saturday announced that J&K will form its own Indian Premier League (IPL) cricket team and will also hosts its matches.

Governor said this during a function organized by the Department of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj J&K, at Sher-i-Kashmir International Convention Centre (SKICC) Srinagar. The function was organized to declare J&K as Open Defecation Free (ODF) State. Besides Chief Secretary J&K and other officials, brand ambassador of the campaign cricketer Manzoor Pandav was also present on the occasion.

“I got emotional while listening to Manzoor and to know how many hardships he had to face while carrying his dream of playing cricket forward. Even recently I met IPL Chairman, Rajiv Shukla and he told me about Manzoor and his passion for the game,” Malik said.

“While listening to Manzoor, I spoke with Chief Secretary and we have decided to form J&K’s own IPL team. We will also conduct matches of IPL in the State that will give boost to the cricket talent in the State,” he added.

http://www.ksportswatch.com/jk-to-fo...overnor-malik/

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Is ECB's permission already assumed?

Maybe South Africa but Logard hates BCCI. Is he still the chairman?
    No. He was shown the door as a reward for his excellent handling of GlobalT20 and improving CSA's relationship with the BCCI.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    $ says no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Spot on, guys. Absolute reality. There seem to be several posters in fantasy land with wishful thinking!

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sachin Tendulkar disassociates himself with ISL franchise Kerala Blasters.

The former India cricketer, who was one of the co-owners of the franchise, has sold his stakes 13 days prior to the start of the tournament.

Sachin Tendulkar disassociates himself with ISL franchise Kerala Blasters
    Sachin Tendulkar has been part of the franchise since the beginning in 2014.
    When the fifth season of the Indian Super League starts, Sachin Tendulkar will no longer be part of Kerala Blasters. The former India cricketer, who was one of the co-owners of the franchise, has sold his stakes 13 days prior to the start of the tournament.

Tendulkar was one of the owners, along with industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad, producer Allu Arjun, actors Nagarjuna and Chiranjeevi and has been associated with the franchise since the very beginning in 2014. The official statement was made on Sunday with Tendulkar saying that his “heart will always beat” for the franchise.

“In its fifth year, it is important that the club puts the building blocks for the next five years and beyond. It is also a time for me to reflect on the role that I should play. After reflecting and much discussion with my team, I have decided to exit my association with Kerala Blasters as a co-promoter,” Tendulkar said in a statement.

“I strongly believe that Kerala Blasters is in very good shape and on its path to attain many more successes with the backing of its fans offering unconditional support. I am very proud of Kerala Blasters and a piece of my heart will always beat for the club.

“My association with Kerala Blasters was driven with the intent to reignite the passion for the game and give the many fans and the abundant talent in Kerala, a national platform to express themselves. It has been a thrilling experience to chase this pursuit and something which I will always cherish.”

Blasters have finished runner-up in ISL twice – in 2014 and 2016 and their leading scorer is Canada’s Iain Hume with 10 goals. Sandesh Jhingan has played the most number of matches for the club representing the team 59 times as per March. The fifth edition of the ISL begins on September 29.

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...lasters-746026
    Last edited by shaaik; 16th September 2018 at 08:45.

When in Doubt- Act Stupid....... That's Pakistan Cricket for you.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone who has shown liking towards IPL, I am very disapppinted by the fact that IPL tournament is played just before World Cup 2019, which is quite absurd.

I believe IPL 2019 should be postponed and played after the World Cup ends. The players will already be tired and struggle to keep themselves fit for WC because of this IPL schedule.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    As someone who has shown liking towards IPL, I am very disapppinted by the fact that IPL tournament is played just before World Cup 2019, which is quite absurd.

I believe IPL 2019 should be postponed and played after the World Cup ends. The players will already be tired and struggle to keep themselves fit for WC because of this IPL schedule.
    The players of course have the choice to skip the IPL. But we all know that will never happen. Pretty much no one is going to jeopardize their IPL career.

Also, given the $$ involved, the IPL is larger than the world cup. So, that should put to rest any doubts on whether or not the IPL will be played whenever they want to.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    BCCI to recce South Africa as possible IPL 2019 venue

A recce team of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is setting out for South Africa to see the preparedness of the country to host the Indian Premier League (IPL) next year. A two-member team is expected to leave Mumbai in a day or two to explore the hypothetical situation of the league being moved there next year in view of the general elections. The recce is expected to last for about 10 days.

This paper had reported on September 11 about the possibility of the IPL bandwagon moving to South Africa in view of the elections next summer. The team of Hemang Amit and Navneet Kaur will travel to Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban and Port Elizabeth to discuss the requirements for the 45-day tournament.

As per the information provided to Cricket South Africa, the tournament will be held in the first quarter of the year and the two boards want to make sure that the IPL games do not clash with South Africa’s own domestic matches. The understanding is that should there be a necessity to move all the IPL games (like in 2009), South Africa will be the preferred choice.

The UAE, like in 2014, will be chosen if the need is to shift only a part of the tournament. Amin and Kaur are also slated to break journey in Dubai on their return and discuss with the Emirates Cricket Board (ECB) about hosting some IPL matches there.

The final decision on the eventual destination for IPL-12 will be made after the dates of the general elections are announced but the BCCI wants to remain prepared with all the plans. The thinking now is that if the elections are held as in 2014 (from April 15), there may be a chance that the first 20 games will be played in India, the next 20 in the UAE and the business end of the tournament again in India. Should the polls be advanced, as is being speculated in some quarters, the entire league may require a shift and CSA will have to host the tournament.

2nd warm-up game in Aus?

It has been learnt that a recce team, travelling in Australia, has managed to schedule a second warm-up game for the Indian Test squad. It is expected to be around the third-fourth week of November, clashing with the T20Is scheduled on November 21, 23 and 25. BCCI officials could not be contacted to confirm this. India are to play four Tests and three ODIs after the T20Is.

https://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/...w/66300082.cms
    Last edited by MenInG; 21st October 2018 at 09:55.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    De Kock is set to join Mumbai according to rumours. Also read that Dhwaan may join Mumbai as well.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    De Kock is set to join Mumbai according to rumours. Also read that Dhwaan may join Mumbai as well.
    It is not a rumour, De Kock has been transferred from RCB to MI. Check out the story:

"Mumbai Indians have got hold of the services of South Africa's wicketkeeper-batsman Quinton de Kock in an all-money trade with Royal Challengers Bangalore.

De Kock has reportedly been bought for the price of INR. 2.8 Crore by Mumbai Indians, which was the sum paid by Royal Challengers to acquire him during the 2018 IPL auction"

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-new...nsfer-from-rcb

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Smart buy by MI. Next IPL is in SA.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Marcus Stoinis traded by IPL franchise

Virat Kohli, AB de Villiers and Brendon McCullum will team up with allrounder Marcus Stoinis in next year's IPL after the Australian was traded to the Royal Challengers Bangalore franchise.

Stoinis, who is part of Australia's ODI squad that will face South Africa in a three-match Gillette ODI Series starting in Perth on Sunday, was at the centre of the IPL's second ever trade.

The Western Australian was traded by Kings XI Punjab, who received Indian player Mandeep Singh from RCB in return.

Stoinis had played three seasons with Kings XI after he was first bought by them for INR55 lakhs (A$100,000) in 2016.

That price skyrocketed to INR6.2 crore (A$1.2 million) this year when all players returned to the auction following a bidding war with the Bangalore side. Kings XI used their 'right to match' to retain Stoinis, but Bangalore have now secured their man.

Stoinis's new IPL home comes after he signed a long-term deal with the Melbourne Stars in the BBL that will keep him in green until the end of BBL|11 in 2022.

Sandeep was also in the middle of a bidding war between RCB and Kings XI, with the Bangalore side holding onto the player this year for INR1.4 crore (A$270,000).

Trading between IPL franchises is a new concept introduced ahead of the 2019 season. Bangalore were also involved in the league's first trade earlier this month when they shipped South Africa wicketkeeper Quinton de Kock to the Mumbai Indians for cash considerations.

De Kock was bought by RCB for INR2.8 crore (A$535,000) at this year's auction and has been offloaded for that price to Mumbai.

That move freed up an international spot on the RCB roster for Bangalore to secure Stoinis.

In a tough year for Kings XI in which they finished second last, Stoinis scored 99 runs in seven matches, with a top of 29 not out, at a strike rate of 130.26. He also took three wickets at an economy rate of 10.90.

Mandeep, a middle-order batsman, scored 252 runs in 14 matches for a top of 47 not out and strike rate of 135.48, his best season in IPL since 2012. He previously played for Kings XI from 2011 to 2014 before moving to RCB.

The IPL now has two trade windows that run from the end of the season until a month before the next auction, which is expected in mid-December. A second trade window will run after the auction until the start of the next season.

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/marc...019/2018-10-31

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Zealand Cricket to allow players for entire duration of Indian Premier League in 2019

Mumbai: In a significant development, New Zealand Cricket has allowed their players to take part in the entire duration of the next edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL).

An announcement to this effect was made on Monday by James Wear, GM Commercial, New Zealand Cricket, at a special interaction arranged by official broadcasters of IPL, Star Sports.

File image of Kane Williamson. AP
    New Zealand captain Kane Williamson, who also led Sunrisers Hyderabad franchise, finished as top-run scorer. AP

"One of the things New Zealand Cricket has decided is to allow its players to play in the Indian Premier League right till the end of the IPL," Wear told a select group of reporters.

"So we are keen to give our guys as much experience playing all around the world as possible so that they get a great experience by playing in the IPL," explained Wear on the reason behind the Kiwi cricket board's decision even with the ICC World Cup following shortly after the conclusion of the T20 league.

His announcement comes in the wake of reports that the cricket boards of Australia and England are not to allow their players to figure in IPL 12 till its conclusion because of the 2019 ICC World Cup, which is beginning in May-end in England.

"Last season we had 11 players playing in there (IPL), which was great for us and we are keen to continue that," added Wear.

New Zealand skipper Kane Williamson, pacers Tim Southee, Adam Milne, Trent Boult and Mitchell Mclenaghan regularly feature in the cash-rich T20 league.

Meanwhile, New Zealand Cricket is preparing to host the Indian team in the upcoming five-match ODI and best-of- three Twenty 20 International series.

The first ODI is to be held at Napier on 23 January.

"We are working with Star (Sports) to make sure that the timings work as well as possible for the Indian audience," informed Wear, adding the men's T20 matches are scheduled to begin at 12:30 pm IST.

https://www.firstpost.com/firstcrick...mpression=true

When in Doubt- Act Stupid....... That's Pakistan Cricket for you.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ Money talks.

Usually some matches started at either 5PM or 8PM EST time.

But the matches in this next series, they're around 9pm EST.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quality would be better if Pakistani players were involved and the foreign player limit increased from 4 to 6.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Three-time Indian Premier League (IPL) champions Mumbai Indians have released 10 players while retaining 18 ahead of the auction next month. Among those who have been released are South Africa allrounder JP Duminy, Australia’s Pat Cummins, Bangladesh’s Mustafizur Rahman and Sri Lankan Akila Dananjaya.

Among the overseas stars who will continue with the franchise include Kieron Pollard, Ben Cutting, Evin Lewis, Mitchell McClenaghan, Adam Milne and Jason Behrendorff.

Unsurprisingly, MI, who will continue to be captained by Rohit Sharma, have extended their faith in the domestic talents who have played a crucial role in their success over the years. All-rounder Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah, Mayank Markande, Aditya Tare, Ishan Kishan, Rahul Chahar, Anukul Roy and Suryakumar Yadav.

Earlier, MI shored up their batting buying South Africa wicketkeeper-batsman Quinton de Kock from Royal Challengers Bangalore.

Retained players: Rohit Sharma (captain), Hardik Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah, Krunal Pandya, Ishan Kishan (wk), Suryakumar Yadav, Mayank Markande, Rahul Chahar, Anukul Roy, Siddhesh Lad, Aditya Tare, Quinton de Kock, Evin Lewis, Kieron Pollard, Ben Cutting, Mitchell McClenaghan, Adam Milne, Jason Behrendorff.

Released players: Saurabh Tiwary, Pradeep Sangwan, Mohsin Khan, MD Nidheesh, Sharad Lumba, Tajinder Singh Dhillon, JP Duminy, Pat Cummins, Mustafizur Rahman, Akila Dananjaya.

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...auction-765698

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Ahead of the auction for the upcoming season of the Indian Premier League (IPL), few franchises have confirmed the players that they have released while some others are yet to officially release the list of players they do not wish to retain. With Thursday being the last day to come up with the list of released and transferred players, the IPL franchises still have few hours left to take the decision. The tentative dates for the auction has been reported as December 17 and 18. Ahead of the IPL retention ceremony, let us have a look at the players who have released or transferred to other franchises:

Quinton de Kock to Mumbai Indians – The Former Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) wicketkeeper-batsman was snapped by Mumbai Indians in an all-money deal. It means that Rohit Sharma & Co did not exchange a player with RCB to bring add De Kock to their roster. Although, they released the duo of Mustafizur Rahman and Akila Dananjaya.

KXIP exchange Marcus Stoinis for Mandeep Singh – RCB had bought Stoinis in IPL auction 2018 but KXIP used their Right to Match card to get back their former player. Going into the next edition, RCB made sure that they get Stoinis as they exchanged Mandeep Singh for the Australian all-rounder.

Shikhar Dhawan to Delhi Daredevils – The homecoming for Dhawan was the biggest transfer of the season. Sunrisers Hyderabad officially confirmed that the left-handed batsman was unhappy with the amount that he was bought at the IPL auction. A report in The Mumbai Mirror had suggested that Dhawan was in talks with Mumbai Indians and Kings XI Punjab and finally, he signed a deal with Delhi Daredevils, who would have surely given him a big hike. Abhishek Sharma, Vijay Shankar and Shahbaz Nadeem were transferred to Sunrisers Hyderabad for Dhawan.

KKR release Mitchell Starc – The left-arm Australian pacer took the cricket fraternity by surprise as he revealed that he was informed about being released in a text message from the franchise. Well, he is himself to be blamed as Starc has a long list of missing IPL seasons due to one or another injury. He might go unsold in this year’s IPL auction.

CSK retain core, release three players – Mark Wood, Kanishk Seth and Kshitiz Sharma were the three players who were released by CSK. They retained David Willey and Mitchell Santner. Wood’s release did not come as a surprise as he had himself left the CSK camp mid-way IPL to play county cricket and make it to the Test team for Pakistan series.

Coaches -

Apart from players, few changes have been made to the backroom staff of the franchises as well. Virender Sehwag has parted ways with Kings XI Punjab as the team did not need a mentor, Sehwag had revealed. Brad Hodge and Venkatesh Prasad are not a part of KXIP now. Mike Hesson has been appointed as KXIP’s head coach while Sridharan Sriram has also joined the team’s backroom staff. Mohammad Kaif, who has earlier coached Gujarat Lions, has joined Delhi Daredevils' coaching staff.

Australian update –

In the latest update, Cricket Australia has laid few guidelines for its players to participate in IPL. The Aussies will not be playing the full tournament and will only be available for the month of April, partially. A Pre-World Cup camp will also see them returning to their country soon.

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/...to-know/314404

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    The 12th edition of the Indian Premier League officially kicked off today with the announcement of player retention from all franchises.

Rajasthan Royals, the team that made a strong impact by finishing among the top four teams in the league stage and qualifying for the playoffs, have gone ahead and retained 16 of its players ahead of the IPL auctions for 2019 season.

Rajasthan Royals relied on its proven match-winners and young guns who stood up and delivered in the last season. The likes of Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson, Krishnappa Gowtham, Jofra Archer and Shreyas Gopal are some of the names who sparkled and have been retained.

The franchise has therefore decided to retain most of the squad. Rajasthan Royals have made some crucial acquisitions in the previous season and build a young squad around some key players of world cricket.

Zubin Bharucha, Head of Cricket for Rajasthan Royals, commented on the retained players, “The results in the previous season have been impressive and that is why we have decided not to disturb the balance of the squad. We cannot wait for the start of the 2019 season and preparation has already begun.”

With a lot of back and forth and deliberations on the vision ahead for the Royals, the team decided to release Australian batsman D’Arcy Short along with right-arm fast-medium bowler Ben Laughlin and South African Wicketkeeper-Batsman Heinrich Klaasen.

Besides this, the South African fast-medium bowler Dane Paterson and the Chinaman Zahir Khan from Afghanistan along with Dushmantha Chameera from Sri Lanka have also been released.

Speaking of the released players, Lead Owner for Rajasthan Royals, Manoj Badale said, “After analysing our performances of 2018 and plotting our vision for the season ahead, we have decided to release a few players from our squad. We are grateful for their exceptional effort during the tournament last season and wish them success in their future endeavours, whilst they will always continue to be part of the extended Royals family.”

The Indian names released by the team are Jaydev Unadkat, Anureet Singh, Ankit Sharma and Jatin Saxena.

Retained Indian players:
    Ajinkya Rahane
    Krishnappa Gowtham
    Sanju Samson
    Shreyas Gopal
    Aryaman Birla
    Sudhesan Midhun
    Prashant Chopra
    Stuart Binny
    Rahul Tripathi
    Dhawal Kulkarni
    Mahipal Lomror

Retained International players:
    Jos Buttler
    Ben Stokes
    Steve Smith
    Jofra Archer
    Ish Sodhi

https://www.rajasthanroyals.com/raja...in-16-players/

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Thursday, November 15 was the last date for Indian Premier League franchises to release their list of retained and released players for Season 12 next year and ahead of the IPL Auction reportedly in the third week of December.

Tainted Australian cricketers Steve Smith and David Warner, currently serving suspensions for their involvement in the ball-tampering scandal during the Cape Town Test in March this year, will return to the Indian Premier League Season 12, their franchises, Rajasthan Royals and Sunrisers Hyderabad, announced respectively on Thursday.

Kings XI Punjab parted way with 2011 World Cup-winning member Yuvraj Singh, while Delhi Daredevils let go of Gautam Gambhir. The duo have been sent back to the auction pool. Shikhar Dhawan will be playing for Delhi Daredevils after a gap of six seasons.

Here’s the full list of retained and released players ahead of the IPL Auction 2019.

Kings XI Punjab

Traded in: Mandeep Singh

Traded out: Marcus Stoinis

Retained players: Chris Gayle, David Miller, Karun Nair, Mayank Agarwal, KL Rahul, R Ashwin, Ankit Rajpoot, Andrew Tye, Mujeeb ur Rahman

Released players: Axar Patel, Aaron Finch, Mohit Sharma, Barinder Sran, Yuvraj Singh, Ben Dwarshuis, Manoj Tiwary, Akshdeep Nath, Pardeep Sahu, Mayank Dagar, Manzoor Dar

Royal Challengers Bangalore

Traded in: Marcus Stoinis

Traded out: Quinton de Kock, Mandeep Singh

Retained players: Virat Kohli, AB de Villiers, Parthiv Patel, Washington Sundar, Pawan Negi, Moeen Ali, Colin de Grandhomme, Yuzvendra Chahal, Mohammed Siraj, Tim Southee, Umesh Yadav, Navdeep Saini, Kulwant Khejroliya, Nathan Coulter-Nile

Released players: Brendon McCullum, Chris Woakes, Corey Anderson, Sarfraz Khan

Kolkata Knight Riders

Retained players: Dinesh Karthik, Robin Uthappa, Chris Lynn, Shubman Gill, Nitish Rana, Rinku Singh, Andre Russell, Sunil Narine, Shivam Mavi, Kuldeep Yadav, Piyush Chawla, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Prasidh Krishna

Released players: Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Johnson, Tom Curran, Cameron Delport, Javon Searles, Ishank Jaggi, Apoorv Wankhade, Vinay Kumar

Delhi Daredevils

Traded in: Shikhar Dhawan

Traded out: Vijay Shankar, Abhishek Sharma, Shahbaz Nadeem

Retained players: Shreyas Iyer, Prithvi Shaw, Rishabh Pant, Manjot Kalra, Colin Munro, Chris Morris, Jayant Yadav, Rahul Tewatia, Harshal Patel, Amit Mishra, Kagiso Rabada, Trent Boult, Sandeep Lamichhane, Avesh Khan

Released players: Gautam Gambhir, Jason Roy, Gurkeerat Mann, Glenn Maxwell, Mohammad Shami, Dan Christian, Sayan Ghosh, Liam Plunkett, Junior Dala, Naman Ojha

Chennai Super Kings

Retained players: MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina, Faf du Plessis, M Vijay, Shane Watson, Ravindra Jadeja, Mitchell Santner, David Willey, Dwayne Bravo, Kedar Jadhav, Ambati Rayudu, Sam Billings, Harbhajan Singh, Deepak Chahar, KM Asif, Lungi Ngidi, Imran Tahir, Karn Sharma, Dhruv Shorey, N Jagadeesan, Shardul Thakur, Monu Kumar, Chaitanya Bishnoi.

Released players: Mark Wood, Kanishk Seth, Kshitiz Sharma

Sunrisers Hyderabad

Traded in: Vijay Shankar, Abhishek Sharma, Shahbaz Nadeem

Traded out: Shikhar Dhawan

Retained players: David Warner, Yusuf Pathan, Rashid Khan, Shakib Al Hasan, Billy Stanlake, Kane Williamson, Mohammad Nabi, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Manish Pandey, T Natarajan, Ricky Bhui, Sandeep Sharma, Shreevats Goswami, Siddarth Kaul, Khaleel Ahmed, Basil Thampi, Deepak Hooda.

Released players: Sachin Baby, Tanmay Agarwal, Wriddhiman Saha, Chris Jordan, Carlos Brathwaite, Alex Hales, Bipul Sharma, Syed Mehdi Hasan

Rajasthan Royals

Retained players: Ajinkya Rahane, Krishnappa Gowtham, Sanju Samson, Shreyas Gopal, Aryaman Birla, S Midhun, Prashant Chopra, Stuart Binny, Rahul Tripathi, Dhawal Kulkarni, Mahipal Lomror, Jos Buttler, Ben Stokes, Steve Smith, Jofra Archer and Ish Sodhi

Released players: D’Arcy Short, Ben Laughlin, Heinrich Klaasen, Dane Paterson, Zahir Khan, Dushmantha Chameera, Jaydev Unadkat, Anureet Singh, Ankit Sharma and Jatin Saxena

Mumbai Indians

Traded in: Quinton de Kock

Retained players: Rohit Sharma (captain), Hardik Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah, Krunal Pandya, Ishan Kishan, Suryakumar Yadav, Mayank Markande, Rahul Chahar, Anukul Roy, Siddhesh Lad, Aditya Tare, Quinton de Kock, Kieron Pollard, Ben Cutting, Mitchell McClenaghan, Adam Milne, Jason Behrendorff.

Released players: Saurabh Tiwary, Pradeep Sangwan, Mohsin Khan, MD Nidheesh, Sharad Lumba, Tajinder Singh Dhillon, JP Duminy, Pat Cummins, Mustafizur Rahman, Akila Dananjaya

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...ason-12-765911