User Tag List

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

How would you rate India's tour of of England 2018?

T20s: 2-1 to India
    ODIs: 2-1 to England
    Tests: 4-1 to England

India dominated the T20 series and the first ODI. They were very poor in the last 2 games.

In tests they were competitive at the Lord's and dominating at Nottingham.

How would you rate the overall performance? Who do you think were the top 3 performers from India?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6/10

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post

India dominated the T20 series and the first ODI. They were very poor in the last 2 games.

In tests they were competitive at the Edgbaston and dominating at Nottingham.

How would you rate the overall performance? Who do you think were the top 3 performers from India?
    Not Lord's.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lost ODI series
    Lost test series

Who cares about T20, lol?

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    5.5/10.

Top performers.

Kohli
    Ishant
    Bumrah

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    5.5/10.

Top performers.

Kohli
    Ishant
    Bumrah
    Rohit also had a pretty good time in the LOIs.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top performers:-

Tests:-

Kohli
    Ishant
    Bumrah

Odis/t20s(dont remember, I think Sharma got back to back hundreds and Rahul was a top performer in T20 as well).

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same as previous tours of England. No difference. Just more hyped probably by the indian side, other than same results, same moral victories.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very happy and a much better tour than 2011, 2014. As Cook mentioned, he has never seen ball swung so much in Eng. Considering such conditions, kudos to our players not falling apart and giving fight until the last session of 5th test match. Also very happy to see youngsters like Pant, Pandya, Vihari and Rahul...all doing good. Bowlers like Shami, Ishant, Bumrah did a fantastic job as well. We just need to remove few dead woods like Dhawan, Rahane, Ashwin etc and replace them with Pant, Gill, Chahal. And then we will be all set to create history in Australia this year end.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Very happy and a much better tour than 2011, 2014. As Cook mentioned, he has never seen ball swung so much in Eng. Considering such conditions, kudos to our players not falling apart and giving fight until the last session of 5th test match. Also very happy to see youngsters like Pant, Pandya, Vihari and Rahul...all doing good. Bowlers like Shami, Ishant, Bumrah did a fantastic job as well. We just need to remove few dead woods like Dhawan, Rahane, Ashwin etc and replace them with Pant, Gill, Chahal. And then we will be all set to create history in Australia this year end.
    You have a real shot at beating Australia, provided your bowlers maintain their form and you can get at least two batsmen to support Kohli

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Indian batsmen will fare a lot better in Australia than they have in South Africa and England this year. Simply because the pitches served up by the curators will be the flattest imaginable. There is no pink ball test either, so India won't have to contend with any seam or swing whatsoever. It will be a relatively boring series in comparison. Honestly, Australia is the worst advert for test cricket going.

In any event, since the turn of the century, India have tended to be more competitive in Australia than England (despite a fluke series win in 2007) or South Africa. Sans Warner and Smith, the Australian team is pretty vulnerable so India should really be winning this time around.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No matter what Kohli says no one will remember the margin by which England won the four Tests. Priority is to always win the Tests, one days and T20'S are always a bonus. They will be 3/10 satisfied.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post

In tests they were competitive at the Lord's and dominating at Nottingham.

I am mainly interested in Test cricket and I have to say it has been very disappointing.

Given the batting resources, for the batsmen to fail repeatedly isn't expected. We can surely find another opener like Gavaskar who averaged 50+ in the SENAW countries. Replace just one player Dhawan with his 17 avg with Gavaskar and India would have won the series 3-2.

I have to question whether IPL is taking the motivation away from the players. There seems to be a lack of application. Maybe IPL is now the real thing for them, and Test cricket is secondary. If that is there choice, one can't blame them. Everybody gets to decide for themselves what is important in life.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    3/10

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    I am mainly interested in Test cricket and I have to say it has been very disappointing.

Given the batting resources, for the batsmen to fail repeatedly isn't expected. We can surely find another opener like Gavaskar who averaged 50+ in the SENAW countries. Replace just one player Dhawan with his 17 avg with Gavaskar and India would have won the series 3-2.

I have to question whether IPL is taking the motivation away from the players. There seems to be a lack of application. Maybe IPL is now the real thing for them, and Test cricket is secondary. If that is there choice, one can't blame them. Everybody gets to decide for themselves what is important in life.
    England can also replace Jennings with Atherton as well Yeah the IPL is effecting India's Test side. Now some Indian is gonna say Pak's are jealous of the IPL!!

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    7/10
    The white ball phase of the tour was more interesting than the test cricket.

From an Indian POV, I would permanently drop Dhawan and Pandya from the test team and launch the test careers of youngsters Prithvi Shaw, Shubman Gill and Vihari in the Australia series.

John 3:16

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4/10

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    England can also replace Jennings with Atherton as well Yeah the IPL is effecting India's Test side. Now some Indian is gonna say Pak's are jealous of the IPL!!
    Obviously there are many many people who are interested in the IPL, which is why it makes so much money.

I am more interested in Test cricket than IPL, but in a free market system the money will flow to those parts of cricket which generate the greatest public interest. I can't expect that other people will live their lives according to my preferences.

*"If that is their choice, one can't blame them."

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    3/10, very poor. Losing 4-1, no matter how close the games were is extremely poor. So we played 3 series on this tour, lost two and won 1. Overall a very poor tour for India. The SA tour was way better. It seems like the selectors did not learn anything and picked a horrible squad for Asia cup as well.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4/10 because they wasted a very good opportunity by keep repeating their mistakes.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India is a pathetic team, disgusting.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty poor,but with some encouraging signs.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Batting 4/10: VK and some fight back in last game made things interesting.

Bowling 7/10: Pacers did their job and bowled their heart out. Ashwin was exposed big time; not surprised there tho.

Fielding 6/10: They did drop some dollies but there were a couple of athletic run outs. Also contrary to popular opinion I like the new keeper.

Captaincy 2/10: Meme moments whenever I watched the game. One can debate that bad captaincy and team selection lost this series.

Coaching 0/10: The guy was on a paid vacation

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4755 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    3/10 - lost the test series in convincing fashion. Lost an evenly contested ODI series, but lost nonetheless.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    3/10

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A young superstar unleashed in a foreign tour: Pant (checked)

A slightly older player having a career-defining moment: Rahul in last test (checked)

A young all-rounder to bank on in case there's need in the future: Pandya (check)

A change in selection policy with chances for debutants for future: Vihari (check) opens up the road for Gill, Shaw, and other talented batsmen

A team playing the right brand of cricket where they are risking to lose it in order to win: Check

Solid competitive cricket taking even the 5th test match to the final afternoon - team spirit: Check

If the media pressure doesn't really make the selectors make blunders, India has got a team for the future. If they remain together, and fit, this is a team right here. Better captaincy, better input from the coaching team, a few youngsters to replace the two real duds in batting and this is a winning team. A lot can change in a couple of years but this is going to be the team to beat home and away.

And thats why despite losing the tour in the way that they did, this is definitely a 6-7/10 tour. Which basically means that the positives easily outweigh the negatives.

ya aenu chuk lay ya mainu aenu chukkan di taaqat day

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Obviously there are many many people who are interested in the IPL, which is why it makes so much money.

I am more interested in Test cricket than IPL, but in a free market system the money will flow to those parts of cricket which generate the greatest public interest. I can't expect that other people will live their lives according to my preferences.

*"If that is their choice, one can't blame them."
    Yeah I agree that Test's will always be the real or "mature Cricket" as I call it. Money talks, IPL is a cash cow although India's Test team will suffer as a result of IPL's domination. Perhaps one day the BCCI will reconsider their priorities.