Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

[VIDEO] Adil Rashid to KL Rahul - Ball of the century?

BOTC 2.0

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Somewhere in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    BOTC 2.0

Terrific Delivery and what a moment to bowl that kind of delivery. Out of Nowhere he produced an absolute beauty.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Somewhere in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The replay of warne's BOTC.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion, this is better than Warne’s delivery to Gatting.

Gatting was on 4, KL Rahul on 149.

Rashid’s pitched on the outer part of the pitch (leg-side) and spun to hit off-stump whereas Warne’s just pitched marginally outside leg and hit off.

Rashid has outdone himself and practically won the match when it was just looking like India might sneak home with a draw.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    In my opinion, this is better than Warne’s delivery to Gatting.

Gatting was on 4, KL Rahul on 149.

Rashid’s pitched on the outer part of the pitch (leg-side) and spun to hit off-stump whereas Warne’s just pitched marginally outside leg and hit off.

Rashid has outdone himself and practically won the match when it was just looking like India might sneak home with a draw.
    Cannot dispute this. Rashid always looks mediocre but does produce that special magic delivery

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to play a cricket game (inbuilt) in my LG TV(people from 90's will know).

The ball used to swing from leg side to off stump(like in carrom, coin moving square after hitting a side) and, stumps get broken into pieces. This wicket reminded me of that LG cricket game.

Kudos to Rashid, didn't do anything(apart from fielding) the whole series but, showed today when it mattered the most.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A set Rahul on 149 had no clue. That won the match for England.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like every ball Adil Rashid bowls becomes the ball of the century.

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    MCG - Mera Chota Ghar, SE England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Technically speaking both Warne and this can be ball of the century.

IMHO, Warne's was better. More qualified people than myself can better explain the reasoning.

Frank Skinner: Pakistan looked better than this when they were trying to lose.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not even close to Warne's.

I'll give the reasons.

First, fifth day pitch with huge amounts of rough to spin from.

Second, the angle. Rashid bowled around the wicket, Warne bowled over the wicket, so Warne spun it more, Rashid had the angle helping him too.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Ashwin's delivery to Amla also has to be there. Anyone remember?

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Warne's was better but Rashid produced a magical delivery out of nowhere. Rahul was well set and only an exceptional delivery could get him out.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was Gatting's ball 2.0.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 12th September 2018 at 10:28.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    I used to play a cricket game (inbuilt) in my LG TV(people from 90's will know).

The ball used to swing from leg side to off stump(like in carrom, coin moving square after hitting a side) and, stumps get broken into pieces. This wicket reminded me of that LG cricket game.

Kudos to Rashid, didn't do anything(apart from fielding) the whole series but, showed today when it mattered the most.
    Hahah I remember that game. I hated the annoying sound of boundaries and wickets falling

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Humble pie for Rashid haters

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Warne delivery was better as it was bowled from over the wicket. That meant that the ball had to drift towards the legside and spin a long way. Rashid's one was brilliant as well but Warne's was just better.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fantastic delivery. Won the match for England.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rashid had the angle helping him. Warne delivery was simply a magic.

Nevertheless, a great great delivery. You gotta love these leg spinners for producing such stuffs.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warne's delivery was better. Rashid had the angle on his side. Where as Warne turned it opposite to the angle of the ball.

But what a delivery that was from Rashid. Absolute joy!!

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    863 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    No doubt among top 5 of the century specially considering it was a well set batsman.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Uh, that clearly hit the rough patch on a day 5 pitch... how is this even close to the ball of the century...
    Last edited by Aman; 12th September 2018 at 11:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Just got lucky. Any legspinner could have done that from the rough.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good delivery but not ball of the century.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warne's Gatting ball was last century just FYI

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know if people missed this or are deliberately ignoring it but the ball clearly hit a huge patch of rough which caused it to turn so viciously.

Nowhere near Warne's delivery skill-wise.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Great delivery but warnes from over the wicket was something else

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    930 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Fantastic delivery by Rashid. Not sure about Warne but there is no current spinner who bowls these magical deliveries with such frequency.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that was amazing just amazing

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bowler with an average of 40+ cannot bowl the ball of the century. period.

Pakistani batsmen - An endangered species?

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah nah....I don't have any qualms with Rashid, but he had no role in that delivery. Seeing the replay, I would assure you all that he did was bowled an ordinary ball to hit the rough patch of the pitch and pitch did the rest. It was rather Rahul's mistake that he didn't care the particular patch even after standing in front of it for quite a long time. He should have cared that patch and jumped to block it for the ball to die there. Imagine either Kohli or Dravid was there facing the delivery! !

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Adil Rashid still England's best spin option, says Shane Warne

Shane Warne has asked England to stick with Adil Rashid as their No.1 spinner when they tour to Sri Lanka in October-November.

Rashid got a surprise call-up to England's Test side for the recent series against India, which Joe Root's boys won 4-1. He picked up only three wickets in the first Test, and achieved a rare feat at Lord's by becoming the 14th player ever to go through a Test without batting, bowling or being involved in a dismissal on the field.

In the remaining three Tests, he could only manage seven more wickets and also remained wicket-less at Ageas Bowl where his spin partner Moeen Ali, on his return to the Test side, snared nine wickets.

Warne feels Root needs to show confidence in Rashid. "It's very important that the captain backs you," he told ESPNcricinfo at an event at The Oval.

"Early on in the series, Joe Root needs to throw the ball to Rashid. Bowl him first change, or even open the bowling with him if the conditions suit in the second innings. Let him know he's the No.1 spinner and that he's got all the support of the captain. That is crucial."

Rashid's brilliant delivery to dismiss KL Rahul on the final day of the fifth Test at The Oval had drawn comparisons with Warne's own "ball of the century".

Good at that delivery was, "I don't think one ball justified the whole selection," said Warne. "It's about what impact you have through the series. Does the captain have confidence to bowl you when it's tough, or when the conditions suit, or as a change-up when nothing's happening? Because a leg-spinner makes something happen.

"Even when he doesn't bowl well, he can still make something happen. I hope they stick with him because all his wickets were invaluable through the series.

"England have got so many all-rounders in their side. People say England don't need six bowlers, but I like having Moeen Ali in the top six. He's a batsman who plays as a second spinner, so you've really got five bowlers plus Moeen. And that gives you the flexibility to keep Rashid, because I still think he's the best option."

Bowling to prive his worth will put Rashid in a difficult state of mind, according to Warne. "You can't explain to someone what it's like when you know you're playing in the next game.

"If you are playing for your spot all the time it's very, very difficult. You are bowling to not make mistakes. And you're bowling to stay in the team, not do a bad job, to keep it tight. If you know you are playing in the next game you have a bit more leeway. You can get a bit more experimental, you'll try a few more things, you'll get a bit more aggressive.

"I think that's what Rashid needs to do. Going to Sri Lanka, he knows he'll play in that next game, which is so important. He's got his confidence up, he got a couple of great wickets in this last Test match to help England win. So I'm looking forward to some big things. Hopefully he'll go on and on from here."

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/851243

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marikar View Post
    Nah nah....I don't have any qualms with Rashid, but he had no role in that delivery. Seeing the replay, I would assure you all that he did was bowled an ordinary ball to hit the rough patch of the pitch and pitch did the rest. It was rather Rahul's mistake that he didn't care the particular patch even after standing in front of it for quite a long time. He should have cared that patch and jumped to block it for the ball to die there. Imagine either Kohli or Dravid was there facing the delivery! !
    Yep, seems pretty obvious. People need to watch it closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?