User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

"Every Pakistani player has dreams and hopes of playing against India" : Faheem Ashraf

Faheem Ashraf speaking to the media in Dubai:

"Before the Lahore training camp, we also trained hard in Abbottabad with the Army"

"We trained in hot weather in Lahore so that it would be easier to adjust to the head of Dubai"

"We are trying to get used to the conditions here as soon as possible so that we don't have problems in our first match"

"My job is to work hard and perform well, its the job of the coaches etc to pick me for the playing XI"

"Every Pakistani player has dreams and hopes of playing against India and to perform well in that match"

"Even without Virat Kohli, India are a world-class team and no one can take them lightly"

"As a player, I always want to take 5 wickets but it depends on my performance on that day"

"We have been playing all our home series in the UAE so we will have an advantage"

"But still, this is a big event so we will try our best to make use of home advantage and also give it 100% effort"

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    If there is one player I want to see succeed, Faheem is that guy - so mild mannered and a real gentleman!

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Before the Lahore training camp, we also trained hard in Abbottabad with the Army"

"We trained in hot weather in Lahore so that it would be easier to adjust to the head of Dubai"
    Man,Pakistan team is surely on the rise,the commitment and passion is tremendous ,compare this to our
    stars going on a outing instead of grinding in the nets

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pak players and its obsession with india 🙄

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hoping to see some impactful performances from Faheem. Don't expect consistency yet as he is still learning about international cricket but a match winning performance with bat or ball shouldn't be too much to ask in this series. Certainly has the talent.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MachoKhan View Post
    Pak players and its obsession with india 🙄
    The reporters ask them about playing against India, they don’t just go up to the podium and start randomly talking about India.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4841 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    I want Pakistan to reach a level where it stops taking irrelevant tournaments like Asia Cup seriously - pretty much like India, who are comfortable with resting the best player in the world.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4841 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anis10 View Post
    The reporters ask them about playing against India, they don’t just go up to the podium and start randomly talking about India.
    True, but there are other ways of deflecting the question without sounding obsessed with India. However, that would require some media and PR training, something that our players desperately lack.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Faheem vs Pandya

Coming Soon!

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I want Pakistan to reach a level where it stops taking irrelevant tournaments like Asia Cup seriously - pretty much like India, who are comfortable with resting the best player in the world.
    You allow yourself to be defined by what India is doing right now.
    The one thing I would note is that this current lot really hasnt faced the pressure that comes with playing and losing against India. I know a lot of folks here make the right noises about how its important to be India to ready for their reciprocal spanking in australia, and how the indian fans no longer care about playing Pakistan etc etc, but they delude themselves, since it shows up in the viewership numbers when India play Pakistan.

The internet is a poor representation of what the average Pakistani or Indian fan feels about playing against each other.
    Their media is the same as ours. Lots of potshots at 'spoiled cricketers'. This criticism will reach fever pitch if India lose to Pakistan again...on the back of a poor tour to england

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4841 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    The one thing I would note is that this current lot really hasnt faced the pressure that comes with playing and losing against India. I know a lot of folks here make the right noises about how its important to be India to ready for their reciprocal spanking in australia, and how the indian fans no longer care about playing Pakistan etc etc, but they delude themselves, since it shows up in the viewership numbers when India play Pakistan.

The internet is a poor representation of what the average Pakistani or Indian fan feels about playing against each other.
    Their media is the same as ours. Lots of potshots at 'spoiled cricketers'. This criticism will reach fever pitch if India lose to Pakistan again...on the back of a poor tour to england
    I am referring to the mentality of BCCI/the Indian team. They are happy to rest Kohli because they don't view this tournament with the same lens as PCB/the Pakistani team does.

Of course the average fan in India cares about this tournament and playing against Pakistan. A series like the Asia Cup is a dream for the casual fan either side of the border.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I am referring to the mentality of BCCI/the Indian team. They are happy to rest Kohli because they don't view this tournament with the same lens as PCB/the Pakistani team does.

Of course the average fan in India cares about this tournament and playing against Pakistan. A series like the Asia Cup is a dream for the casual fan either side of the border.
    The BCCI mentality is neither here or there. They want to troll the ACC but they’ve pretty much sent their first team barring Kohli.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian players wish they can also make money giving interviews. I do not see any Indian player giving interviews except captain sporadically.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kuskash View Post
    Indian players wish they can also make money giving interviews. I do not see any Indian player giving interviews except captain sporadically.
    Depends on board policy

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on board policy
    Right. I saw on youtube, lots of players gave interviews. FZ, Hassan, FA, SA.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It was a media talk, not an interview.

It's common to have media talks after training sessions in the build up to a series or tournament.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hope Faheem has been working on his batting in the nets. I would really like to see him be utilised for his batting more in the upcoming tournament.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure why. His dream should be to play against Australia at the MCG and do well there.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Not sure why. His dream should be to play against Australia at the MCG and do well there.
    Bro, at least let him decide his own dreams!!!

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    It was a media talk, not an interview.

It's common to have media talks after training sessions in the build up to a series or tournament.
    Why not other nations’ players do the same frequently, that was the question.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro, at least let him decide his own dreams!!!
    Quite a mediocre dream this.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite a mediocre dream this.

He knows better about his own dreams, if he thinks that where is the optimum pleasure he gets then its his desired dream. He should not decide his dreams depending what you or I think about. Let’s respect his respect towards Indian team.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    IND is the best LOI team right now, richest board, one of the top in Tests, and has always beaten us when it matters (world cups).

So, any player, of any country would love to play against them. Ours even more so.

Perfectly valid dream by Faheem.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 14th September 2018 at 00:14.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s not an irrelevant tournament. It’s a multi-nation tournament happening only months before the World Cup. Excellent preparation for getting the team combinations right and playing under pressure situations. It’s India’s choice that they rested Kohli- who they obviously thought was much needed in helping India thrash England.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The BCCI mentality is neither here or there. They want to troll the ACC but they’ve pretty much sent their first team barring Kohli.
    Agree with @Pete Rose here.

Some parosi posters here tried to give an impression (because of superiority complex maybe?) that Asia Cup is irrelevant in Ind or considered irrelevant by the players.

That's not the case. The fact is it's a multi nation tournament and far better than bilaterals.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's sweet. They know this Indian team is the best in the world and who doesn't like to play against the best. They want to see where they stand as a team and as individuals when come up against very best in the business. Good luck to him and his career.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are resting Kholi because they must, he really has played a lot of cricket recently and at the age of 30 already developing back issues. Pakistan currently have no such issues even Amir has not played for last 2 months.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
    That's sweet. They know this Indian team is the best in the world and who doesn't like to play against the best. They want to see where they stand as a team and as individuals when come up against very best in the business. Good luck to him and his career.
    Not sure best in the World but definitely best opposition in Asia Cup and Pakistan biggest threat.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want Pakistan to reach a level where they win match they play.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Agree with @Pete Rose here.

Some parosi posters here tried to give an impression (because of superiority complex maybe?) that Asia Cup is irrelevant in Ind or considered irrelevant by the players.

That's not the case. The fact is it's a multi nation tournament and far better than bilaterals.
    Actually it's not. Matches with Pakistan do not generate nearly as much interest as they used to in the 90's or until 2007 even. The casual fan gets a lot of cricket because of a long IPL. But to be fair it's not just Pakistan, bilaterals with other countries also are not generating interest as they used to. Only when we meet in world cups, world T20 or maybe if you tour here will there be significant interest.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Actually it's not. Matches with Pakistan do not generate nearly as much interest as they used to in the 90's or until 2007 even. The casual fan gets a lot of cricket because of a long IPL. But to be fair it's not just Pakistan, bilaterals with other countries also are not generating interest as they used to. Only when we meet in world cups, world T20 or maybe if you tour here will there be significant interest.
    While I agree with Asia Cup being not so important, specially since Pakistan is playing some heavy-weights in the next year or so. Pakistan v India has generated a crazy amount of hype with the Indians here in the UAE. Its surreal, trust me. All tickets for the match on 19th Sept were sold out 2.5 weeks back, with the General Admissions and International stands getting sold out before that. Your media is creating the right kind of hype. This particular match doesn't deserve the hype its getting, but hell yeah its getting some.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    While I agree with Asia Cup being not so important, specially since Pakistan is playing some heavy-weights in the next year or so. Pakistan v India has generated a crazy amount of hype with the Indians here in the UAE. Its surreal, trust me. All tickets for the match on 19th Sept were sold out 2.5 weeks back, with the General Admissions and International stands getting sold out before that. Your media is creating the right kind of hype. This particular match doesn't deserve the hype its getting, but hell yeah its getting some.
    Indians abroad will obviously get hyped for matches held there since they rarely get to see their favourite cricketers play which is not the case over here. Besides i have already stated that this would have created a lot of interest if it was played in India instead like it was originally supposed to.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Mamoon bhai has a fair point at the diminishing status of the Asia cup from the heydays of the Asian Test Championship. Having said that he is being a little disingenuous here, and possibly a little cheeky too. Why would Pakistan want to rest players when they've all been already resting for months? It's about the calendar rather than taking the tournament any more or less seriously than India.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Pakistan should look to win all tournaments they play in. The younger players need confidence of wins and nothing succeeds like success. Instead of looking at ways to diminish the younger players achievements, we should look to cheer them on as they add more wins to their record.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope Faheem kills it this Asia Cup. Regarding his India comment, the way I see it is that players around his age don't get to play India much due to political tensions and hence his excitement; aside from that, I agree with kukash's posts here.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Faheem vs Pandya

Coming Soon!
    The calm before the storm..

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I am pretty confident I will once again see empty roads and people glued to their TV sets on 19th September. You can have 300 IPL matches in a year on one side and 3 matches between Pak and India on the other side. People will remember only those 3 matches.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indians abroad will obviously get hyped for matches held there since they rarely get to see their favourite cricketers play which is not the case over here. Besides i have already stated that this would have created a lot of interest if it was played in India instead like it was originally supposed to.
    Nah. The average Indian will definitely be excited by the prospect of Pakistan facing India, specially after what happened at the CT. India v Pakistan matches will always generate tremendous amount of interest, which will definitely be proved by the numbers if you can pull them up for the recent encounters.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    I am pretty confident I will once again see empty roads and people glued to their TV sets on 19th September. You can have 300 IPL matches in a year on one side and 3 matches between Pak and India on the other side. People will remember only those 3 matches.
    Empty roads?? Bro looks like you are still living in 90s. No such hype for Ind-Pak game anymore. I was in India during T20 WC game between Ind and Pak. Hardly any hype, let alone road closures. Moderization and in this internet era, people have moved on from them long long time ago.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Empty roads?? Bro looks like you are still living in 90s. No such hype for Ind-Pak game anymore. I was in India during T20 WC game between Ind and Pak. Hardly any hype, let alone road closures. Moderization and in this internet era, people have moved on from them long long time ago.
    CC bhai I am talking about India not Uganda. I know it hurts your ego that people still care about Ind vs Pak matches but that is the truth. Deal with it.

Also stop lying about T20 WC game. All channels, media, fans were going gaga over that match.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nah. The average Indian will definitely be excited by the prospect of Pakistan facing India, specially after what happened at the CT. India v Pakistan matches will always generate tremendous amount of interest, which will definitely be proved by the numbers if you can pull them up for the recent encounters.
    There's not much buzz over here about Asia cup or the prospect of facing Pakistan. After England tour debacle, most of the fans have simply lost interest.
    Last edited by Balthazar; 13th September 2018 at 18:10.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Which part of India do you live in may I ask? That would explain a lot.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's not much buzz over here about Asia cup or the prospect of facing Pakistan. After England tour debacle, most of the fans have simply lost interest.
    Yet, the ratings for this match on 19th will be better than all the five tests combined

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You are judging by TV ratings. That's not a very good way to measure interest. A lot of people will time in to watch the match but it's just not the same.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are judging by TV ratings. That's not a very good way to measure interest. A lot of people will time in to watch the match but it's just not the same.
    Then what's the way to measure interest? You cannot expect people in the 21st century, specially this last decade, to dance on the streets, tearing their shirts apart Salman Khan style and beating their chests for a cricket match. But whenever this match is on, people get revved up and tune into watch the biggest blockbuster in the cricket world right now.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yet, the ratings for this match on 19th will be better than all the five tests combined
    Ofcourse the ratings will be better as it's a one day match. It will be the same as England ODI series, but nothing tops the IPL matches or the ICC tournament.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ofcourse the ratings will be better as it's a one day match. It will be the same as England ODI series, but nothing tops the IPL matches or the ICC tournament.
    Lets discuss the ratings after the match, shall we? This thread is about Faheem Ashraf's mediocre dream.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am 100% sure that ind vs pak matches will top the tv rating for indian cricket this year.
    Yes, the days of empty roads are gone, but still an avg indian will prefer ind vs pak over anything in cricket.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 3 match odi series btw ind and pak any day over a whole season of ipl.
    There is no emotion involved in ipl, the players don't even play for their own state, what makes anyone so interested about it, i don't know.
    I only watch ipl when yuvi bats or when some new young talent is playing.