Instagram

An evening with Shahid Afridi and Younis Khan

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 45 of 45
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    13,063
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Pakistan vs Hong Kong | 2nd Match | Asia Cup | Dubai | September 16, 2018 | Pre-Match Thread

    Not as excited for this tournament anymore as I won't be able to watch it as no one is showing it here in UK but nonetheless I am excited. Although, maybe not as much for this match. Let's hope we don't get beaten by Hong Kong. Surely not.

    My team would be this

    1) Fakhar Zaman
    2) Imam-ul-Haq
    3) Babar Azam
    4) Shoaib Malik
    5) Sarfaraz Ahmed (C) (WK)
    6) Asif Ali
    7) Faheem Ashraf
    8) Shadab Khan
    9) Mohammad Amir
    10) Hasan Ali
    11) Usman Shinwari

    I guess the only question is which pacers will play as we have quite a few in our squad but the rest of the team picks itself.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    935
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fakhar Zaman
    Haris Sohail
    Babar
    Shoaib Malik
    Shadab
    Asif Ali
    Faheem
    Sarfraz (c,wk) - He's a rubbish batsman now and only warrants a place in the side as captain and keeper
    Hasan Ali
    Amir
    Shaheen

  3. #3
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,944
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Not as excited for this tournament anymore as I won't be able to watch it as no one is showing it here in UK but nonetheless I am excited. Although, maybe not as much for this match. Let's hope we don't get beaten by Hong Kong. Surely not.

    My team would be this

    1) Fakhar Zaman
    2) Imam-ul-Haq
    3) Babar Azam
    4) Shoaib Malik
    5) Sarfaraz Ahmed (C) (WK)
    6) Asif Ali
    7) Faheem Ashraf
    8) Shadab Khan
    9) Mohammad Amir
    10) Hasan Ali
    11) Usman Shinwari

    I guess the only question is which pacers will play as we have quite a few in our squad but the rest of the team picks itself.
    Bowling looks class. Especially the Pace bowling options. Batting looks a bit weak. Outside of Fakhar and may be Babar, nobody really stands out in that team.

    Pak will choke all opponents including India with tight bowling. Then their batting have to chase mediocre targets which they can do comfortably. The team to beat I say.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    19,242
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    another century for fakhar and imam unless we bowl first

  5. #5
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    22,170
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would go with OPs 11 too and like him I also disappointed that UK has no broadcasting rights . Because of this I will be unable to watch the tournament and will have to relay on highlights.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    20,908
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Going in with one spinner will be risky later on

    I’d swap Faheem for Nawaz

    Or to give him a reality check, swap Amir for Nawaz


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    298
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should absolutely trash them. I won't be satisfied unless we win by 200+ runs or atleast 8 wickets (if chasing)

  8. #8
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    6,396
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big question is what the Hong Kong side will be!! Really, such teams like Hong Kong should not be in the competition instead the top sides should play each other twice. The two finishing the highest after the round robin should go to the final.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,843
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit off topic, Hong Kong team has 8 Muslims and 1 Hindu (not being racist) in playing 11, yes playing 11, not just squad. How can cricket develop in those countries when only the immigrants from India and Pakistan are playing?

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    29,813
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Play Imam and Shan and watch both getting a century.

    Meanwhile if Fakhar plays; could be another chance to get a double hundred or even a triple if he plays exceptionally well.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    29,813
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rest Amir and play Shaheen for this game.

    Let Amir come in fresh for the India game.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    1,705
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Play full strength team team for match practice before the main event.
    Also, I hope Pak take the game seriously.


    Best of The Best : Tendulkar - Wasim - Gilchrist

  13. #13
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    10,222
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We should use this game to somewhat test our bench strength:

    1.)Fakhar Zaman
    2.)Shan Masood
    3.)Babar Azam
    4.)Sarfraz Ahmed+*
    5.)Haris Sohail
    6.)Asif Ali
    7.)Shadab Khan
    8.)Mohammad Nawaz
    9.)Usman Khan
    10.)Junaid Khan
    11.)Shaheen Shah Afridi

    For the India game:

    1.)Fakhar Zaman
    2.)Shan Masood (if he does well vs HK)/Babar Azam
    3.)Babar Azam/Haris Sohail (if Babar opens in place of Shan)
    4.)Sarfraz Ahmed+*
    5.)Shoaib Malik
    6.)Asif Ali
    7.)Shadab Khan
    8.)Mohammad Nawaz
    9.)Hasan Ali
    10.)Mohammad Amir
    11.)Shaheen Shah Afridi/Usman Khan


    “It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

  14. #14
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    13,063
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    We should use this game to somewhat test our bench strength:

    1.)Fakhar Zaman
    2.)Shan Masood
    3.)Babar Azam
    4.)Sarfraz Ahmed+*
    5.)Haris Sohail
    6.)Asif Ali
    7.)Shadab Khan
    8.)Mohammad Nawaz
    9.)Usman Khan
    10.)Junaid Khan
    11.)Shaheen Shah Afridi

    For the India game:

    1.)Fakhar Zaman
    2.)Shan Masood (if he does well vs HK)/Babar Azam
    3.)Babar Azam/Haris Sohail (if Babar opens in place of Shan)
    4.)Sarfraz Ahmed+*
    5.)Shoaib Malik
    6.)Asif Ali
    7.)Shadab Khan
    8.)Mohammad Nawaz
    9.)Hasan Ali
    10.)Mohammad Amir
    11.)Shaheen Shah Afridi/Usman Khan
    Why not Imam-ul-Haq? Not impressed with his performance against Zimbabwe?

  15. #15
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    10,222
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Why not Imam-ul-Haq? Not impressed with his performance against Zimbabwe?
    I personally wasn't impressed by the way he paced and built his innings, but I don't mind if they give him a chance over Shan Masood. I just think that Shan is in good form, and if he clicks for us during the Asia Cup, it could be very rewarding to play him.


    “It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    5,540
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Bit off topic, Hong Kong team has 8 Muslims and 1 Hindu (not being racist) in playing 11, yes playing 11, not just squad. How can cricket develop in those countries when only the immigrants from India and Pakistan are playing?
    Well the interest has to start somewhere. Historically, cricket was spread by immigrants. One can only hope that the natives catch on.


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    914
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here I've watched some matches that were telecast on YouTube by PTV's Official channel. If PTV broadcast this tournament. You can easily watch it on YouTube. If not available, you can use a VPN.
    Last edited by MenInG; 13th September 2018 at 07:10.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    94,489
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Do not discuss or ask for illegal streams anywhere on PP


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  19. #19
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    1,670
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    I would go with OPs 11 too and like him I also disappointed that UK has no broadcasting rights . Because of this I will be unable to watch the tournament and will have to relay on highlights.
    You can watch live streaming on YT.


    140 characters from Lala's keyboard, it’s as if he’s launched 140 nuclear missiles on India.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    88,110
    Mentioned
    865 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pakistan will miss a second specialist spinner. Mark my words.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    12,454
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    Pakistan will miss a second specialist spinner. Mark my words.
    Pakistan won’t miss anyone against Hong Kong.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    3,505
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How's the weather and the forecast in UAE for Asian cup?

    Also I've waited so long for this. Why do we have such an imbalanced schedule?


    ya aenu chuk lay ya mainu aenu chukkan di taaqat day

  23. #23
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,682
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Junaid Khan plays. We need to make sure we choose players based on performance and not just on their names.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,443
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan really should have gone with 2 spinners.

    Every other team will have at least 2 front line spinners in their XI.

    And the batting is a bit light otherwise they have a good LOI team.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    288
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shaheen should debut in this match. He should play ahead of usman.Nawaz has to be there in place of faheem.Zafar would have been great though instead of mediocre nawaz.

  26. #26
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,006
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This would be my XI:
    1. Imam ul-Haq
    2. Fakhar Zaman
    3. Babar Azam
    4. Shoaib Malik
    5. Sarfraz Ahmed
    6. Asif Ali
    7. Shadab Khan
    8. Faheem Ashraf
    9. Mohammad Nawaz
    10. Hasan Ali
    11. Mohammad Amir

  27. #27
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    621
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Fakhar Zaman
    2) Imam-ul-Haq
    3) Babar Azam
    4) Shoaib Malik
    5) Sarfaraz Ahmed (C) (WK)
    6) Asif Ali
    7) Muhammad Nawaz
    8) Shadab Khan
    9) Junaid Khan
    10) Shaheen Shah Afridi
    11) Usman Shinwari

    The best pacer gets to play against India alongside Amir

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    35,662
    Mentioned
    1650 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Anything less than a 200 run defeat would be a disgrace.


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    4,737
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoUgandaCranes View Post
    How's the weather and the forecast in UAE for Asian cup?

    Also I've waited so long for this. Why do we have such an imbalanced schedule?
    it will be around 38-44 (Realfeel can even go upto 46-47)degrees with around 70 to 80 percent humidity. Basically will be like playing in hell on earth. Was very dumb to play in the UAE in mid September. Hopefully players don't get injured or just plain and simple fall down due to exhaustion given the hectic schedule of playing on alternative days with India even playing on consecutive days. Players should be rotated and rested, especially against the weaker teams.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    1,854
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope we bat first and break the 500 barrier

  31. #31
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    94,489
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Looking at training pics of Pak players, you can tell that the humidity is really high.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    1,778
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Looking at training pics of Pak players, you can tell that the humidity is really high.
    Yes it is I live in Dubai

  33. #33
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    3,505
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    it will be around 38-44 (Realfeel can even go upto 46-47)degrees with around 70 to 80 percent humidity. Basically will be like playing in hell on earth. Was very dumb to play in the UAE in mid September. Hopefully players don't get injured or just plain and simple fall down due to exhaustion given the hectic schedule of playing on alternative days with India even playing on consecutive days. Players should be rotated and rested, especially against the weaker teams.
    Man looking out of the window and seeing 18 C this feels extra hot.


    ya aenu chuk lay ya mainu aenu chukkan di taaqat day

  34. #34
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    4,642
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So I heard Malik is our vice captain till world cup on insistence of Mickey. Kia bat hai aik bnda jiski team mai jaga bank bnti usay vice captain bna dia.. First he said Haris will be in our playing x1 and then dropped him and now this..
    Karachi Kings Mai bhi aisi he chawal maari hai isne

  35. #35
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    4,011
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    9 of the playing 11 are pretty much locked in (Fakhar, Imam, Babar, Sarfaraz, Malik, Shadab, Faheem, Amir, Hassan)

    it will be between Asif Ali, Nawaz, Shaheen and Usman for the last 2 spots. I think one of the fast bowlers will likely get picked (probably Usman), but the last spot is the really tough one.

    I like Asif Ali a lot, but I would be strongly inclined to pick Nawaz and have an extra bowling option. Particularly against the strong teams.

    HK match should be used a practice match to experiment

  36. #36
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    692
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Big question is what the Hong Kong side will be!! Really, such teams like Hong Kong should not be in the competition instead the top sides should play each other twice. The two finishing the highest after the round robin should go to the final.
    HK should be given 100 overs and Pak should be 25 overs, still no competition

  37. #37
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    8,632
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hope we had Sharjeel ahead of Imam.
    Our batting is a real concern!!!!

  38. #38
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    1,119
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My uncle had a dream that hong kong won......i hope this does not come true lol

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    255
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Third peacer should be faheem that way nawaz can play also so more batting and two spinners shadab and nawaz

  40. #40
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    88,110
    Mentioned
    865 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pakistan need to fit in two spinners in the XI.

    Malik , fakhar can be part timer . Imam should be dropped and faheem Ashraf should open , that will fit in Nawaz.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    1,273
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its only one position where Pakistan are currently debating and that's whether to add a pacer or add another spinner. I personally think it will depend of the pitch. It's basically between Usman Khan or Mohammad Nawaz. Personally would another out and out spinner in the team such as Zafar Gohar.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    1,091
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The second match should been India vs Pakistan.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    602
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bold prediction: Pakistan will win in the same fashion as they did vs Canada in 2011 WC.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    825
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamPak95 View Post
    Bold prediction: Pakistan will win in the same fashion as they did vs Canada in 2011 WC.
    I am putting my money on your prediction.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    19,242
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    We should open the batting with aamir and shaheen afridi


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •