Instagram

SportsFever360

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 42 of 42
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    24,732
    Mentioned
    1163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    [VIDEO] Virat Kohli gets irked by reporter asking if this Indian team is the best of the last 15 yrs


    Last edited by Abdullah719; 12th September 2018 at 19:02.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    92,494
    Mentioned
    1682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Almost sounds like some of his 'avid' fans on the forum.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  3. #3
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    1,199
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Fab 4 side was miles above this one

    If that team played today, they'd be winning home and away.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    207
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli has absolutely lost the plot here. Asked whether India is best and he instead questions the reporter back. A reporters job is to question and if you can't answer move on to the next Q. Don't try to be clever by asking the same question back. He just sounds like a salty and arrogant guy.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    207
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The interviewer was spot on India has underperformed. Kohli deserves such questions as he's the captain and entirely responsible for this series loss due to his poor captaincy.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    69,063
    Mentioned
    1441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Seems tense and irritated.

    Lot of pressure on him after the 4 1 hammering.



  7. #7
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    207
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Seems tense and irritated.

    Lot of pressure on him after the 4 1 hammering.
    Shows that perhaps he isn't always good under pressure. Sometimes he can lose the plot a bit both on and off the field. This interview is a classic example.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,981
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli has the hump no doubt about it!! The reporter should not be asking insensitive questions after the beating India have just taken in England


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,576
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He just asked a question. Why can't our King reply or, just ignore. Acting so childish.,😢

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    69,063
    Mentioned
    1441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The interesting thing is that only media that is known to the Indian press officer are allowed to ask questions at Virat Kohli press conferences.
    Last edited by Saj; 12th September 2018 at 20:43.



  11. #11
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    554
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Seems tense and irritated.

    Lot of pressure on him after the 4 1 hammering.
    Infact its exactly the opposite...there is no pressure on Kohli at all, hence the audacity. From whom the pressure will come anyway? There is no BCCI anymore, CAC (comittee of Ganguly,Sachin &VVS) is redundant, COA (who replaced BCCI) are cricket illetrates and dont interfere with players matter. There is absolutely no one with authority in Indian set up that can question Kohli/Shastri. He knows it well and hence no pressure. What ex cricketers say on tv dont make an inch of difference to Kohli.

    Its a sad state of affairs but its the reality.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,981
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    He just asked a question. Why can't our King reply or, just ignore. Acting so childish.,��
    What do you want Kohli to say to such a stupid question of "is this the best Indian team in 15 years?" Most likely not seeing the great Indian batting side when the likes of Teenda, Dravid and Sehwag were playing. Reporters do often ask stupid questions.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,576
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    What do you want Kohli to say to such a stupid question of "is this the best Indian team in 15 years?" Most likely not seeing the great Indian batting side when the likes of Teenda, Dravid and Sehwag were playing. Reporters do often ask stupid questions.
    Lol this was the statement by the Indian coach cum Cheerleader Shashtri. Reporter just wanted to get clarification of the statement.

    I think you don't know the whole story. Shastri said this Indian team is the best touring team in 15 to 20 years

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    554
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    What do you want Kohli to say to such a stupid question of "is this the best Indian team in 15 years?" Most likely not seeing the great Indian batting side when the likes of Teenda, Dravid and Sehwag were playing. Reporters do often ask stupid questions.
    It was said by Shastri that this is the best Indian touring team for last 15 years. Media was just confirming that with skipper whether agrees with his coach. Obviously he couldnt deny it in open but couldnt answer it diplomatically either.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    22,312
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Infact its exactly the opposite...there is no pressure on Kohli at all, hence the audacity. From whom the pressure will come anyway? There is no BCCI anymore, CAC (comittee of Ganguly,Sachin &VVS) is redundant, COA (who replaced BCCI) are cricket illetrates and dont interfere with players matter. There is absolutely no one with authority in Indian set up that can question Kohli/Shastri. He knows it well and hence no pressure. What ex cricketers say on tv dont make an inch of difference to Kohli.

    Its a sad state of affairs but its the reality.
    Kohli is among the top cricketers and is going to end up as an ATG. There’s his personal and cricketing pride which is more important to him than anything and is why there will be More pressure on him


    #MPGA

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,286
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Lol this was the statement by the Indian coach cum Cheerleader Shashtri. Reporter just wanted to get clarification of the statement.

    I think you don't know the whole story. Shastri said this Indian team is the best touring team in 15 to 20 years
    Let's assume Kohli does not agree with Shastri's statement.

    Do you think he would publicly admit that 5 days later and say "no our coach is wrong"?

    He can't do that. So whether he shares that opinion or not he has to now stick to it in public. No other choice.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    12,845
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember after the CT Final someone asked him a stupid question about the Jasprit Bumrah no ball being a 'pleasant moment' and Virat Kohli also got angry, rightly so, as that was a very stupid question.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    27,205
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Great individual players seldom make excellent captains. SRT was found wanting and i suspect Kohli will suffer the same fate.
    Last edited by MenInG; 13th September 2018 at 05:43.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,576
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    Let's assume Kohli does not agree with Shastri's statement.

    Do you think he would publicly admit that 5 days later and say "no our coach is wrong"?

    He can't do that. So whether he shares that opinion or not he has to now stick to it in public. No other choice.
    There is choice. There were many ways this could've been answered.

    1.He should've said the truth "No this is not the best team in 15 years"

    2.If he didn't have the same opinion as Shastri and neither did he want to say straight forward, then he should've been diplomatic and said, "There are many parameters to compare a team's performance, this can't be answered in yes / no"

    3. If he didn't want to go against Shastri/ if he felt the same "Yes, this is the best team

    4.Atleast he should/ could have said, "No comments"

    All these answers atleast look professional. I understand he's frustrated with his team's performance but, he can't take it on journalists. Again, this is not the first time he's having a go at the journalists.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    978
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! A sportsperson getting irked after a defeat at a journalist.Must be the first incident in the world.

    Here is, the king of cool,Dhoni treating a poor journalist who dared to ask when he would retire:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqjr2pV3swQ

  21. #21
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    6,368
    Mentioned
    1257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    There is choice. There were many ways this could've been answered.

    1.He should've said the truth "No this is not the best team in 15 years"

    2.If he didn't have the same opinion as Shastri and neither did he want to say straight forward, then he should've been diplomatic and said, "There are many parameters to compare a team's performance, this can't be answered in yes / no"

    3. If he didn't want to go against Shastri/ if he felt the same "Yes, this is the best team

    4.Atleast he should/ could have said, "No comments"

    All these answers atleast look professional. I understand he's frustrated with his team's performance but, he can't take it on journalists. Again, this is not the first time he's having a go at the journalists.
    To be frank, the comment was given by the coach of the team. No point in asking that to the captain. The right thing for the journalist would have been to ask Ravi Shastri whenever he gets to interview him again. I am not supporting Kohli here as he should maintain his composure as the captain of the team but again the Indian journalists aren't angels either. If he had said, "No we are not" there would have been some creatively titled articles on the web spreading rumours about disagreement between coach and captain. Kohli could have handled it better though, I agree.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    22,296
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    Wow! A sportsperson getting irked after a defeat at a journalist.Must be the first incident in the world.

    Here is, the king of cool,Dhoni treating a poor journalist who dared to ask when he would retire:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqjr2pV3swQ
    First of all two wrongs dont make a right. Secondly, Questions about retirement are actually stupid because it has nothing to do with the match.

    This question to Kohli was 100% spot on and justified. And the reporter put it across in a humble way not in a derogatory manner. Kohli was unprofessional there reacting the way he did.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    10,812
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lol, best side in the last 15 years? This is why I love to see kohli fail.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    450
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Delusional is the word.

    While I agree that this side has the best attitude and fight till the end, but on skill level they are so ordinary that attitude doesn't matter. Any which way, Shastri uncle has cleverly changed the goalpost from being current no:1 team to the no:1 Indian team of last 15 years.. What a joke!

  25. #25
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,576
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    To be frank, the comment was given by the coach of the team. No point in asking that to the captain. The right thing for the journalist would have been to ask Ravi Shastri whenever he gets to interview him again. I am not supporting Kohli here as he should maintain his composure as the captain of the team but again the Indian journalists aren't angels either. If he had said, "No we are not" there would have been some creatively titled articles on the web spreading rumours about disagreement between coach and captain. Kohli could have handled it better though, I agree.
    That's what my point is. Kohli SHOULD have handled it better, rather than acting like an insecure person.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    1,771
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't all the above posters miss that first initial response was of course we believe we are the best team.

    Talk about arrogance and getting annoyed that the reporter doesn't believe it.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    22,715
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziRules View Post
    The Fab 4 side was miles above this one

    If that team played today, they'd be winning home and away.
    Lol no they weren't. They would have got smashed in england too..like they did continuously when they toured..Hell we beat them too with a rubbish bowling attack..the fab four were not as great as some think..

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    1,373
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli taking a leaf out of Dhoni's book and being arrogant and evasive,

  29. #29
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    22,715
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Seems tense and irritated.

    Lot of pressure on him after the 4 1 hammering.
    true. That was a pathetic response..he's all talk in his angreezi but when it comes to delivering he's knowhere. MSD was a way better captain and delivered when needed.

    Kohli sahib needs to sit down and learn some humility after that battering. If this was a pakistani team the captain would not be reacitng like that and we would be ripping chunks out of our team. Especially if it was hyped.

    And we may get a chance if our guys lose to the aussies in the UAE which is a distinct possibility!!

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,010
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    true. That was a pathetic response..he's all talk in his angreezi but when it comes to delivering he's knowhere. MSD was a way better captain and delivered when needed.

    Kohli sahib needs to sit down and learn some humility after that battering. If this was a pakistani team the captain would not be reacitng like that and we would be ripping chunks out of our team. Especially if it was hyped.

    And we may get a chance if our guys lose to the aussies in the UAE which is a distinct possibility!!
    LOL MS India got smashed as a captain in ENG as well!

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    34,640
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Easy to run mouth in the press conference..... where was this lip when his side was being dished out a 4-1 phainti


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    1,309
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Virat looked like he really didn't want to be in that room at that time answering questions about India's loss. I'll give Virat the benefit of the doubt here. He's lost two series (SA and England) which many thought they had a great chance of winning. Having not won those two series, the pressure sometimes gets to you. And believe me, it's not easy sitting there and give an on-point answer at that very moment when your head is clouded with a million things. From my personal experience, I've given some terrible answers in my job interview and coming out of it, suddenly I get the best answer in my head and I regret saying what I did in the interview. It happens. Sometimes you get flustered and give the wrong answer. It's ok.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    1,199
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    Lol no they weren't. They would have got smashed in england too..like they did continuously when they toured..Hell we beat them too with a rubbish bowling attack..the fab four were not as great as some think..
    This is the worst England team in 20 years. Our 90's and early 00's team would smash it 5-0 in a five match series, and I suspect India's would too

  34. #34
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    2,005
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    Virat looked like he really didn't want to be in that room at that time answering questions about India's loss. I'll give Virat the benefit of the doubt here. He's lost two series (SA and England) which many thought they had a great chance of winning. Having not won those two series, the pressure sometimes gets to you. And believe me, it's not easy sitting there and give an on-point answer at that very moment when your head is clouded with a million things. From my personal experience, I've given some terrible answers in my job interview and coming out of it, suddenly I get the best answer in my head and I regret saying what I did in the interview. It happens. Sometimes you get flustered and give the wrong answer. It's ok.
    It happens to all of us .

  35. #35
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    22,715
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziRules View Post
    This is the worst England team in 20 years. Our 90's and early 00's team would smash it 5-0 in a five match series, and I suspect India's would too
    err I doubt it..Anderson and Broad are by far better bowlers than anything the big four faced in England. They would have destroyed them..The big four were overhyped as much as this lot..A bit of movement outside the offstump and it was curtain for the lot of them. Just watch the karachi test of 2006..

  36. #36
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,677
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You have to believe you are the best if you want to win. India did compete very well in the series in spite of what the score line looks like. Better than the 2011, 2014 tours where we were getting massacred left and right to innings defeats.

    Nothing wrong in what Kohli said. He clearly said, he believes this is the best team in the last 15yrs. Then he asked what the reporter believes. When the reporter said he does not believe, Kohli said it is his opinion.

    As usual some read too much into it.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    11,910
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the second time Kohli has lost his calm on two separate tours. What's going on?

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,534
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have replied .... it's the best bowling team in last 15 years.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    480
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His team just played an Ashes series, I think he's just tired. Nothing much to see here.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    978
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    First of all two wrongs dont make a right. Secondly, Questions about retirement are actually stupid because it has nothing to do with the match.

    This question to Kohli was 100% spot on and justified. And the reporter put it across in a humble way not in a derogatory manner. Kohli was unprofessional there reacting the way he did.
    The comment was made by Shastri not Kohli.So he should have asked him. And dont make this some big thing like Kohli gave some MC-BC or even punched the reporter.It is just an irritating response which is pretty common with sportspeople across the world.I live in US and could show you an umpteen number of clips of sports superstars here blowing their steam off to journalists way worse than this.Just an ordinary irked response like many others and that is the end of story.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    30,097
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Childish response. He should have just said no, the 2007 team was better which won the series 1-0 in England. I dont get the love between him and Shastri.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    322
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stupid question, equally immature response.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •