Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pakistan's tour of England vs India's tour of England

There is an ongoing comparison between how well Pakistan toured England as compared to India. Thought I'd put that debate to rest today.

Sadly, Indian cricket is mired with "yes man"; all hail IPL, all hail Kohli, all hail aggression, bow down to **** legends that play in the IPL, and damn pakistani cricket mentality that will bring their cricket backwards by decades.

Although India is still ranked number #1, and rightfully so, just thought Id add my own input that I think Pakistna have performed much better in England, and the scorelines show that there is not much of a comparison, with us getting 3 victories in our last two tours. Yes, India is ranked number one, and are the best team currently. However, I definitely feel that it is a farcical accolade. They can't be compared to the australian or west indian teams of the past, or even the pakistani team of the 80s, or the indian team of the 00s.

We live in an era of cricketing mediocrity in terms of test matches. Quality is low all around. Even when pakistan was ranked #1 briefly, I was proud of our achievements, but felt that it was not where our team should strive to be. Both India and Pakistan, or any team that sits at number one should strive for GREATNESS, not to be a number one team. I wish Misbah had taken that number one test mace, and told everyone that #1 is meaningless until they achieve series victories against all teams in all conditions. Wish he said that his team was hungry, and his team wanted more. Wish Virat Kohli would do the same. Sadly, mediocrity is what we deserve if teams take pride in reaching #1, and gloat amongst themselves and others. Mediocrity is what teams strive for. The days of hardened competitors are long gone.

Over the last 10 years, the greatest team to play the game has been South Africa in the Test arena. Not India, not Pakistan, not Australia. By far, South Africa.
    Last edited by giri26; 11th September 2018 at 06:03.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those asterisks are meant to say "white players" lol

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli made the runs this series, and his own performance in both South Africa and England is certainly laudable. However, Kohli as a leader was the only one who could have made his team a winning team. His stubborness in selection, field placement, and bowling changes is what separates him from ATG captains. He makes runs and sets a fitness standard because those are two skills that he values. His arrogance and unwillingness to learn from past mistakes is something he does not value. I think in his mind, if he makes a selection in one test match, it would be a personal affront if he changed his selection in the next test match. lack of flexibility. Would love to see him gain some humility in the next few years. That in itself would change the Indian team from a good one, to a great one.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nfc120 View Post
    There is an ongoing comparison between how well Pakistan toured England as compared to India. Thought I'd put that debate to rest today.

Sadly, Indian cricket is mired with "yes man"; all hail IPL, all hail Kohli, all hail aggression, bow down to **** legends that play in the IPL, and damn pakistani cricket mentality that will bring their cricket backwards by decades.

Although India is still ranked number #1, and rightfully so, just thought Id add my own input that I think Pakistna have performed much better in England, and the scorelines show that there is not much of a comparison, with us getting 3 victories in our last two tours. Yes, India is ranked number one, and are the best team currently. However, I definitely feel that it is a farcical accolade. They can't be compared to the australian or west indian teams of the past, or even the pakistani team of the 80s, or the indian team of the 00s.

We live in an era of cricketing mediocrity in terms of test matches. Quality is low all around. Even when pakistan was ranked #1 briefly, I was proud of our achievements, but felt that it was not where our team should strive to be. Both India and Pakistan, or any team that sits at number one should strive for GREATNESS, not to be a number one team. I wish Misbah had taken that number one test mace, and told everyone that #1 is meaningless until they achieve series victories against all teams in all conditions. Wish he said that his team was hungry, and his team wanted more. Wish Virat Kohli would do the same. Sadly, mediocrity is what we deserve if teams take pride in reaching #1, and gloat amongst themselves and others. Mediocrity is what teams strive for. The days of hardened competitors are long gone.

Over the last 10 years, the greatest team to play the game has been South Africa in the Test arena. Not India, not Pakistan, not Australia. By far, South Africa.
    Firmly agree with most of these. But one point I'd like to add is that , in test cricket the no.1 rank is all that matters as this is the only format that doesn't have an ICC tournament. So the rankings are the criteria that decides which team is the best. And yes , south Africa is the best test team since like forever. Dominant at home and spirited performances even in the alien subcontinent conditions.