Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

"India and Pakistan should play more matches" : Shoaib Malik

Shoaib Malik speaking to the media:

"We are all sportsmen but humans too, so management have decided to keep practice hours which are sensible and we are able to play with same intensity in the Asia Cup"

"This is not my domain, but when I become a selector I will respond to this [Hafeez non-selection]"

"Every player, whether new or old, tries to fulfill the tasks that he is given, I cannot say more as I am also contracted and this is not my domain"

"I have not heard Mohammad Hafeez say anything about him having any reservations [about the PCB]; In the last statement that he made, he said that every cricketer who is dropped has a platform in domestic cricket where he can perform well and impress selectors again"

"To be given respect or not by others is not in your own hands, and I do not accept the senior/junior thing [ in terms of respect]"

"You need to have inner satisfaction with your self and no one can hand you respect; it comes from the Almighty"

"There will always be times when you have problems as a cricketer, but the way to deal with that is by having a table talk [coming to the table] so that all decisions are made via mutual understanding"

"If a cricketer has a problem, its his responsibility to not go to other people but instead to speak to selectors and team management and to solve the problems"

"The India-Pakistan match in the Asia Cup is just another game for me"

"If you think too much about the India-Pakistan game then you create pressure for yourself"

"I would say that we should consider this just another game and would say the same to my team-mates"

"This is the kind of a game which is watched with great interest in India, Pakistan and abroad"

"This is a big opportunity for players as the one who performs in such a game becomes a hero"

"To be a father is a big thing and I am very excited and I would ask all to pray that all goes well" [ baby due in October]

"The management have given me a clear message that I can leave when I have to for the delivery as family comes first"

"The nationality of the baby will be of a third country and not Pakistani or Indian"

"I have said this before on many occasions that the 2019 50 Over World Cup will be my last World Cup, Inshallah"

"My goal is also to play World T20 and end my T20 career after that but that depends on my fitness and will be based on discussions with the PCB as I believe honesty is important as a cricketer; if you feel that another player can come in place of you and play better than he should be given a chance"

"My goal is to play these 2 World Cups but it will depend on my fitness and if I feel that the time has come to take retirement, I will definitely take that option"

"We have always played Test cricket well in UAE but in ODIs it is tougher to play there under lights"

"You cannot underestimate any team in ODIs as in my view, just like in T20 cricket, the momentum that the openers create takes you all the way to the 50th over"

"You must have 2-3 wicket taking bowlers in your line-up and a lot depends on your top 3 batsmen too"

"India and Pakistan should play more matches"

"Because people from both countries travel between the countries when bi-lateral series happens, it helps in uniting the people"

"Both team's players are professionals and they know how to behave on the field and off the field"

"When we are not playing against each other, we are having meals together and that is how it should be, not only with India-Pakistan but with other teams also"
    Last edited by MenInG; 7th September 2018 at 08:50.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Some interesting messages for Hafeez in there

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It looks like a few players aren’t happy with the hafeez situation with the way they are giving these statements.

Even Fakhar Zaman said something similar.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How come we never hear or see any such comments from 🇮🇳S players why do our players have to go along these roads oh we should play them more often and all that **. Just talk about the game and do your job simple.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by j_kazmi View Post
    It looks like a few players aren’t happy with the hafeez situation with the way they are giving these statements.

Even Fakhar Zaman said something similar.
    Fakhar Zaman did not say anything at all - he made light of it.

Malik probably delivering a message from management to Hafeez

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson on View Post
    How come we never hear or see any such comments from 🇮🇳S players why do our players have to go along these roads oh we should play them more often and all that **. Just talk about the game and do your job simple.
    Coz pak players know a performance against India will make them heroes and also playing against India means more money. India doesn’t need pakistan while Pakistan desperately needs India.

It’s the money

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Best player of spin in the world. MOTS incoming.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Fakhar Zaman did not say anything at all - he made light of it.

Malik probably delivering a message from management to Hafeez
    Did I miss something here? I felt Malik is being at his diplomatic best which he should be. I didn't see any message there from the management to Hafeez...

Unless, if you can please elaborate?

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Somewhere in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good sensible comments from Malik.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree we should.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Somewhere in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asia Cup 2018: Shoaib Malik Key For Pakistan, Says VVS Laxman

Former India batting legend VVS Laxman has backed Pakistan batsman Shoaib Malik to perform well against India during the upcoming Asia Cup cricket tournament. "Yeah, the reason he does well against India is his experience, he is a good player of spin bowling because in the middle invariably India will look to attack with the spinners and they've got two quality risk spinners now in, Chahal and Kuldeep while Pakistan is evidently dependent on their opener Fakhar Zaman and Babar Azam at number 3," Laxman was quoted as saying by Star Sports. Laxman also asserted that Malik will need to play a major role with the bat if Pakistan are to do well in the tournament. "Shoaib Malik is someone who would look to play the anchor role because he has got ability to rotate the strike, play down the ground, taking easy singles," he said.

"But at the same time when he presses the accelerator, he can play the big shots and he has got abundance of experience and he is a champion as far as the wide ball is concerned," he added.

The six participating nations are divided into two groups, A and B. Group A consists of India, Pakistan and Hong Kong while Group B includes Afghanistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. The top two nations from each group will enter the Super Four stage of the tournament. Top two teams in the super four section will advance to the final.

India begin their Asia Cup campaign against Hong Kong on September 18 in their Group A fixture at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium. India will play Pakistan the next day at the same venue.

The final of the Asia Cup will be played on Friday, September 28.

https://sports.ndtv.com/asia-cup-201...laxman-1915672

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I think with Pandya playing, India will have three fast bowlers in the line up and they will deploy him in the middle overs to reign in Malik