Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamPak95 View Post
    Just saw the highlights for SL vs AFG, Rashid and Mujeeb . Gettin kinda nervous about Kuldeep and Chahal not gonna lie.
    Less worried about Chahal but Kuldeep could be dangerous. Here's hoping Pakistan have adequately prepared.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lots of big words been said before the CT final. Seems like Ind fans/ex cricketers have learned the lesson of being humble and not to look down upon other teams.

Ind Fans are waiting for a win and they 'll come out in numbers....

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    London, United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to call. Pak just edges it but Ind batting even without Kohli is strong as always. Pak bowling is excellent. I reckon team who bats first will win!

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    Quite astonishing to see the Indian fans and even the media, pundits, etc are already making excuses galore, I think it would be best if we lose the first game (as then India can then have their very own "fluke") and then beat India in the remaining two encounters as we tend to perform better when we come back from behind and don't have the pressure of the favorites tag.
    No, i want us to win all 3 matches. No fun in losing to India.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If India bat first, I'm backing them 10 out of 10 times in these conditions. I don't expect anyone apart from Shadab and Shinwari to really trouble any of the batsmen. Malik is gonna get whacked as will Faheem. But I'm excited to see how Babar and Fakhar does.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This indian team is still good, and i still think they have a chance to win, i do not know why people think its 100 percent guranteed Pakistan will win, this Indian team can and will compete.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Sarcasm?
    Nope, not at all. The Team has a pretty weak middle order which the selectors are hell bent on not fixing. So I don't see us winning or even reaching the finals of the Asia cup. Thank god for Hong Kong, we will at least make the next round.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    Nope, not at all. The Team has a pretty weak middle order which the selectors are hell bent on not fixing. So I don't see us winning or even reaching the finals of the Asia cup. Thank god for Hong Kong, we will at least make the next round.
    I think you are being overly pessimistic. Yes, there are weaknesses which might be exploited down the line in WC19 but for now I think UAE conditions will help India.

The par score is lower in the UAE which means so as long as you are to able to post around 250 then your spinners will make it difficult for the opposition (especially Kuldeep).

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought tomorrow game is Ind vs Pak..wait it's IND vs HK instead

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    I think you are being overly pessimistic. Yes, there are weaknesses which might be exploited down the line in WC19 but for now I think UAE conditions will help India.

The par score is lower in the UAE which means so as long as you are to able to post around 250 then your spinners will make it difficult for the opposition (especially Kuldeep).
    I am not being pessimistic, I am just being realistic. The Indian team needs to bat first and put up a good score which heavily relies on Rohit and Dhawan and to an extent Rahul (Depending on which one turns up). If they fail, we might struggle to reach even 200. If top order fires, we have a chance to post 250+. Without Kohli, the batting looks thin. Dhoni might eke out a 75 ball 50, if we have a poor start.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan looks more settled a side, as far as this match is concerned. India on the other hand, well don't know what to say.

A middle order comprising on Rayadu-Karthik-Jadhav-Dhoni are as devastating as the teletubbies. Compare this Indian batting line up having Sehwag-Ganguly/Gambhir-SRT-UV-Raina-MSD(in his prime), & it's hard to believe the regression.

Anyways hope it's a close match & not a one sided one, & whichever team plays well, wins.

The day d last tree died, d last river poisond & d last fish caught,we'll realize we can't eat money

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fakhar
    Sarfraz
    Babar
    Haris
    Malik
    Asif
    Faheem
    Shadab
    Hasan
    Amir
    Junaid

Junaid in for usman (the guy averages 21 with the ball in uae)
    Haris in for imam

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Fakhar
    Sarfraz
    Babar
    Haris
    Malik
    Asif
    Faheem
    Shadab
    Hasan
    Amir
    Junaid

Haris in for imam
    Better to bring in Junaid for Amir. Shinwari looks far more threatening than Amir.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    He's not anything special but he's also not mediocre by any means.

Why do you feel he is so bad?
    What a breathtaking innings by Rayudu against the legendary hong kong team. @the_outsider

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    People overrating Pakistan and underrating India. Should be a good contest but I'm genuinely worried about Chahal/Yadav. If India bats first them I'd give them the edge

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    I am both shocked and speechless to know that all tickets have been sold. May be all those tickets were bought by Pakistani fans?
    True... today’s game also pak fans supporting Ind against HK... More Ind crowd today than pak vs hk...

#AsiaCupDontMatter

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by style_guru View Post
    Pakistan looks more settled a side, as far as this match is concerned. India on the other hand, well don't know what to say.

A middle order comprising on Rayadu-Karthik-Jadhav-Dhoni are as devastating as the teletubbies. Compare this Indian batting line up having Sehwag-Ganguly/Gambhir-SRT-UV-Raina-MSD(in his prime), & it's hard to believe the regression.

Anyways hope it's a close match & not a one sided one, & whichever team plays well, wins.
    The regression didn't happen overnight... any team that keeps playing the same players will eventually regress. Open up scorecard from a random match from 3-4 years ago and you will find most names there that are still part of the Indian side. For any team to progress you need to continuously have new players coming in with a core group of elite players remaining the same.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    I am both shocked and speechless to know that all tickets have been sold. May be all those tickets were bought by Pakistani fans?
    Viru bhai how do you feel that players like Sharma, Dhawan, Dhoni, Bumrah, Kuldeep are part of India's second eleven now. If this is the second eleven I shudder to think what is the first choice eleven. With such a team India would win the match before even stepping on the field.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmadharis1 View Post
    People overrating Pakistan and underrating India. Should be a good contest but I'm genuinely worried about Chahal/Yadav. If India bats first them I'd give them the edge
    I m also genuinely worried about Shinwari and shaheen afridi. How long will Indian top order hold themselves before getting LBW.😂

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Indian odi side looks so bad.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli is the only classy player in the whole Indian lineup.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have heard that Indian team won't travel to Abu Dhabi, irrespective of their group position. Is this true?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARK Rafay View Post
    Have heard that Indian team won't travel to Abu Dhabi, irrespective of them group position. Is this true?
    I think the victor of the Ind-Pak match won't travel to Abu Dhabi (provided India beat HK which obviously there is no doubt about)

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Broadcasters showing clips of MSD batting against HK in the Asia Cup 2008 in Karachi.

How I wish those days would return when top cricketers playing in Pakistan was the norm.Hope we see India VS Pak in Karachi again 9ne day.
    Last edited by Arham_PakFan; 18th September 2018 at 14:41.

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARK Rafay View Post
    Have heard that Indian team won't travel to Abu Dhabi, irrespective of their group position. Is this true?
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    I think the victor of the Ind-Pak match won't travel to Abu Dhabi (provided India beat HK which obviously there is no doubt about)
    India is playing all their matches in Dubai.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should Pak play Haris Sohail ahead of Asif Ali to counter Kuldeep Yadav?

Looking at the HK match, the left hander is reading yadav of the palms while nizakat os struggling. Do you think as hitting in this tournament would be diffcult and you need players who are compact against spin, Harris should be played in the middle order to tackle the indian spinners. Asif Ali is good but see him struggling against yadav and chahal as they flight the ball and have variations. Plus he gives us a bowing option?

What do you guys think?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    I like Haris, but I don't see him scoring more than his usual 20-30 in this Dubai heat with his fitness. Asif Ali might end up scoring the same amount of runs, but there is a possibility that he might consume 10-15 balls less.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No, Kuldeep doesn't look anything special. Hong Kong openers milking him for fun. Only Pak woeful batting errors will give him wickets.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    986 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Asif is one of the cleanest hitters of the ball we have especially against spin

He has performed on UAE wickets in PSL so wouldn't drop him.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harris can only play in place of either Faheem or Imam in this Asia cup.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. Asif should play. He is dangerous when set.

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Haris isn't exactly a great player of spin.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imam
    Fakhar
    Babar
    Malik
    Asif
    Sarfraz
    Faheem
    Shadab
    Hassan
    Junaid
    Usman

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We will get smashed tomorrow.

Our trundlers and middle order will ensure that it will be an easy win for Pak.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    advance congratulations to Pakistan

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fakhar
    Sarfraz
    Babar
    Haris
    Malik
    Asif
    Faheem
    Shadab
    Hasan
    Amir
    Junaid

Haris in for imam
    good team, lets drop the best 2 performers from the first game.

Maybe they should drop Sarfraz while their at it, and fire Mickey

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul1 View Post
    What a breathtaking innings by Rayudu against the legendary hong kong team. @the_outsider
    Rayudu isn't mediocre, and I'm not talking about hs ODI average here.

He gets a lot of bad press by a certain section of the Indian population - a section better known for being opinionated and biased in equal measure.

What Rayudu lacks by way of flamboyance, he makes up for by building innings in a grinding sort of fashion. Such people are not popular but are very much needed.

I hope he gets a decent run in the team, till the WC.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If India bat first, I'm backing them 10 out of 10 times in these conditions. I don't expect anyone apart from Shadab and Shinwari to really trouble any of the batsmen. Malik is gonna get whacked as will Faheem. But I'm excited to see how Babar and Fakhar does.
    And Amir, actually against India is the only time nowadays where he brings his A game. I am fully expecting that tomorrow as well. Against the rest he doesn't look arsed.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rohit
    Dhawan
    Rahul
    Rayudu
    Dhoni
    Kedar
    Pandya
    Khaleel
    Bumrah
    Chahal
    Kuldeep

..Spin twins to run through pakistan.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't tell about the matches of India in super four but they will lose tomorrow against Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does tomorrow's match have any bearing on the rest of the tournament i.e. do point carry over to the next round?

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Importance of Tomorrow's India vs. Pakistan match. Points system?

Does tomorrow's match have any bearing on the rest of the tournament i.e. do point carry over to the next round?

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by salman24 View Post
    no the points do not carry over, rather top 2 teams advance to super 4 stage and they play 1 game each, against each other

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just hope our boys don’t start underestimating after watching what was on display tonight start taking things lightly 🙄

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You are forgetting Hasan Ali.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way india is playing, am expecting a PAK v BD final. This is a joke from the indian team. Barely scrapped a victory from HonkKong.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want Pakistani team to expose the Indian team for the course of the tournament and beat them in all 3 matches.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Massive overhyping of Pakistan going on.This is a squad that was drubbed 5-0 by NZ while we won 5-1 in SA.It will be competitive as India Pak matches always are,but people thinking pakistan will walk over us are in for a surprise.Today we took the game very lightly and almost paid the price.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by austerlitz View Post
    Massive overhyping of Pakistan going on.This is a squad that was drubbed 5-0 by NZ while we won 5-1 in SA.It will be competitive as India Pak matches always are,but people thinking pakistan will walk over us are in for a surprise.Today we took the game very lightly and almost paid the price.
    Pakistan wont take India lightly, i would say Pak are slight favorites but the over hyping is something else, but Indians are doing it as well, the reality is with India vs Pakistan its almost 50-50 , really depends on the day, which team plays better, sometimes its an individual performance that makes the difference, regardless should be a cracker of a match.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Hermanus, South Africa
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Go Pakistan! I'll definitely be watching.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistan should win all games against this India side in UAE.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be embarrassment for Pakistan if they dont beat "disinterested" India tomorrow.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boom Boom Bumrah and Hardik 'Kapil Dev' Pandya will destroy us tomorrow

Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Damn, I'm going to miss the game due to an appointment. Thankfully it's not the WC or the CT

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    It will be embarrassment for Pakistan if they dont beat "disinterested" India tomorrow.
    Is that the new excuse now?

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Is that the new excuse now?
    No, I think you guys are favourites and should be winning it quite easily.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gani999 View Post
    Rayudu isn't mediocre, and I'm not talking about hs ODI average here.

He gets a lot of bad press by a certain section of the Indian population - a section better known for being opinionated and biased in equal measure.

What Rayudu lacks by way of flamboyance, he makes up for by building innings in a grinding sort of fashion. Such people are not popular but are very much needed.

I hope he gets a decent run in the team, till the WC.
    So you're from the Misbah school of thought?

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    No, I think you guys are favourites and should be winning it quite easily.
    True. Will be very disappointing if Pakistan fails to beat this Indian side.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With so much experience in the Indian ranks if its still not favourite than its a shame. As stated earlier Pakistan’s top 3 are yet to play 100 matches, Indian openers let alone have played almost 300 matches.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    good team, lets drop the best 2 performers from the first game.

Maybe they should drop Sarfraz while their at it, and fire Mickey
    2 best performers? You clearly didn’t watch the game, did you? Imam made it look like ground was shaking compared to how babar was playing!

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to seeing the young crop of Pakistani batsmen, especially Faheem, Asif Ali and Shadab.

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    UK England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which channel will this match be shown on in the UK?

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adzzy786 View Post
    Which channel will this match be shown on in the UK?
    assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh, brother adil - how was mars innit?

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    2 best performers? You clearly didn’t watch the game, did you? Imam made it look like ground was shaking compared to how babar was playing!
    Fact = Imam got a 50 and was the top scorer

Everything else = your opinion

Unfortunately the world works on facts not on random people’s opinions

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    You are forgetting Hasan Ali.
    Hassan Ali went for 70 runs in 10 overs in the CT group game where we scored 300 plus. I don't think he can be a threat to our batsmen on these pitches while batting first.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I don't think any Indian fan is expecting a win this time. I have seen in Twitter as well where the overall mood among Indian fans is glum. A decent performance should make us happy.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan usually crumble under favorites tag pressure. I won’t be surprised if we lose and lose badly.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is easily gonna crush them aside today. I am thinking of watching a repeat of Pak vs Hong kong match. Pakistan might not lose more than two wickets against this team who cant take 10 wickets against Hong Kong

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imam
    Zaman
    Babar
    Haris bat/bowl
    Sarfraz(C)(WK)