Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

"I am hopeful that more teams will come and play in Pakistan" : Haroon Lorgat

The former Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the International Cricket Council (ICC), Haroon Lorgat believes that the Pakistan Super League (PSL) has done a great job to revolutionize cricket in Pakistan.

Lorgat in a press conference in Lahore said that the PSL is has been the game changer for Pakistan cricket, which set new cultures within no time.

“Sport is something really unites you and this is what PSL has done for cricket enthusiastic fans in the country,” he said.

He said that the league has also paved the way for the revival of cricket in Pakistan which was the prior target to achieve by the board.

“The revival of International cricket was a tough task for the PCB but I think after PSL this issue has started to resolve,” he said.

He was quick to add that more high-profile teams would travel to Pakistan if the PCB keep their hard work continue on the issue.

“I am hopeful that more teams will come and play in Pakistan to further strengthen their grip on this matter,” he added.

He also praised the youngsters like Hasan Ali and Shadab Khan of for their contribution in bringing a huge difference in their Pakistan team’s performance in recent times.

“The youngsters like Hassan Ali, Shadab Khan and others have played a mind-blowing role to bring Pakistan back on track,” he stated.

Haroon Lorgat served as the CEO of ICC from 2008 to 2012. He also provided his services as a consultant to PCB and Sri Lanka Cricket.

In 2016, he became the CEO of Cricket South Africa (CSA) but due to getting bad relations with the board in 2017, he had to resign from his post immediately.

https://arysports.tv/psl-revive-inte...mpression=true

Name:  unnamed-1.jpg
Views: 8078
Size:  44.9 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 13th September 2018 at 09:33.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But but what did Najam Sethi achieve other than PSL?

But but domestic cricket?

Cannot wait to hear these comments^

What is Lorgat doing in Pakistan btw?

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    But but what did Najam Sethi achieve other than PSL?

But but domestic cricket?

Cannot wait to hear these comments^

What is Lorgat doing in Pakistan btw?
    Are you for or against Najam?

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is his purpose of visiting Pakistan? I am feeling he's getting a role in PSL...

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Haroon Lorgat in Pakistan???

Holyshoot, lets hope he gets hired in PCB or PSL. THis guy is great.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mani said he would be differentiating between the roles of CEO and Chairman. So may be he came to interview for the CEO position

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope he isn't here to poach a senior role in the PCB. The guy wrecked South African cricket with his hare-brained scheme to launch the Global T20 tournament and his previous dealings with the BCCI showed a blatant disregard for diplomacy (not that it matters much for the PCB). I suspect he is mates with Mani from their time together at the ICC.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correction: Lorgat only joined the ICC in 2008, a full two years after Mani had left. He has however served as a consultant to the PCB while Zaka Ashraf was PCB chairman in 2012.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoeyfactor View Post
    What is his purpose of visiting Pakistan? I am feeling he's getting a role in PSL...
    Appears to be involved with the LQ Player Development Programme.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    CSA hasn't still recovered from his exemplary services for Global League T20. Perfect person to have in PCB.