Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did you choose " tiger zinda hai" at first place?
    In today's time we get basic idea about what kind audience movie gonna cater from the trailer. So always watch trailer before watching full movie.
    " Tiger zinda hai " looks unapologetic commercial masala action movie from the trailer itself.
    It's like a school picks their dumbest student to participate in state level competition instead of brightest one.

Bollywood & Indian cinema in general doesn't have good visionary directors who can make technically brilliant sci-fi,fantasy or hardcore action genre movies.
    Audience's taste is also big problem they want songs,masala,social commentary etc in the movie.
    higher Budget is also big problem for this genre of movies.

Stick to Korean & Hollywood movies in action genre.

From Bollywood you can try baby, don 1& 2, fan, bhavesh joshi,airlift, phantom, agent vinod. All these movies treatment wise are not a typical Bollywood movies.

There are plethora of quality movies in other genres which you can find through internet.

I will also advise to explore malyalam cinema. They make the best story driven content based movies from what I read on internet.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just caught the Saif Ali Khan movie Kaalakaandi last night and I thought the movie was brilliant barring a couple of minor flaws and a plot convenience at the very end. It made me laugh like crazy and it keeps you on you’re toes to want to know what happens next. It reminded me of Guy Ritchie movies. When I went online to understand how the movie did in India since it came this year, I was shocked that it only made a couple of crore and it flopped. I just couldn’t understand it.

But it comes down to this, Bollywood is basically made for the common man who lives on 1 rupee a day and also for mass global appeal. There are movies like Kahaani, Shor in the City, Pink that is content driven , but the average movie goer does not want to think and watch this. And when these movies don’t do well, producer sticks to movies like Race 3 which is pretty much a “leave you’re brains” at home type of movie.
    It’s going to take a couple of decades before Bollywood changes.

But if you want to see true content driven movies which makes you think, watch movies that come from the Malayalam movie industry who does no marketing and does not want to cater to the whole world and mostly makes movies with good content like “ Drishyam” ( this was remade in Hindi and it flopped, go figure ) Mumbai Police, Memories, Iyobinte Pusthakam, Bangalore Days, Diamond Necklace, to name a few..

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snak3eye5 View Post
    I just caught the Saif Ali Khan movie Kaalakaandi last night and I thought the movie was brilliant barring a couple of minor flaws and a plot convenience at the very end. It made me laugh like crazy and it keeps you on you’re toes to want to know what happens next. It reminded me of Guy Ritchie movies. When I went online to understand how the movie did in India since it came this year, I was shocked that it only made a couple of crore and it flopped. I just couldn’t understand it.

But it comes down to this, Bollywood is basically made for the common man who lives on 1 rupee a day and also for mass global appeal. There are movies like Kahaani, Shor in the City, Pink that is content driven , but the average movie goer does not want to think and watch this. And when these movies don’t do well, producer sticks to movies like Race 3 which is pretty much a “leave you’re brains” at home type of movie.
    It’s going to take a couple of decades before Bollywood changes.

But if you want to see true content driven movies which makes you think, watch movies that come from the Malayalam movie industry who does no marketing and does not want to cater to the whole world and mostly makes movies with good content like “ Drishyam” ( this was remade in Hindi and it flopped, go figure ) Mumbai Police, Memories, Iyobinte Pusthakam, Bangalore Days, Diamond Necklace, to name a few..
    I get tired of people recommending me to go watch Malayalam movies or something produced in Bihar or whatever. No one else watches these movies, why would I? They are of no relevance to me no matter how many Indian movie connoisseurs might rate them. Even the vast majority of Indians won't watch them.

You are right in that the common Indian is very basic and uneducated, and not that sophisticated, and thus the majority of Bollywood mega hits are made with them in mind. Nothing wrong with that, but of course, Hollywood audiences are a bit more advanced, so even the so called brainless Marvel superhero movies need some character development and plot. Western audiences are a lot more discerning, and that is because they are richer and generally far better read. Take it from me, as a British Pakistani coconut I have a very good understanding of the differences.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Choosing Tiger Zinda Hai to judge Bollywood for quality is like choosing Fawad Alam for the super over in T20s ......

Not saying that Bollywood has lots of classy films, but TZH is the ultimate "Masala" movie