Wisden Cricket Monthly

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is Shan Masood's selection in the Test squad justified?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    11 12.64%
  • No!

    76 87.36%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 97
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    132,837
    Mentioned
    2564 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

    Is Shan Masood's selection in the Test squad justified?

    Amongst all selections, his name does stand out as strange but was there another choice?


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    6,896
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Terrible decision to select him to be honest. He is technically poor as an opener and wouldn't make club sides let alone the national team. We do have other choices - Sami Aslam and Azhar! If you need a third opener in the squad then even Ahmed Shehzad is a far superior choice. It's even worth going with a gamble with Fakhur rather than picking no hope Shan.
    Last edited by Usman; 23rd September 2017 at 13:43.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    1,327
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    Terrible decision to select him to be honest. He is technically poor as an opener and wouldn't make club sides let alone the national team. We do have other choices - Sami Aslam and Azhar! If you need a third opener in the squad then even Ahmed Shehzad is a far superior choice. It's even worth going with a gamble with Fakhur rather than picking no hope Shan.
    A test average of 23 and a FC average of 34 how many other countries would pick him in their squad?

  4. #4
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    National Stadium Karachi
    Runs
    12,856
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In no way do Shan's stats or his performances justify his selection.I agree with @Usman that even Shehzad would be a superior choice.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    132,837
    Mentioned
    2564 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    wonder if opinions will change if he was to score a hundred in the 1st Test?


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    3,539
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His father is an influential person

  7. #7
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    11,489
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mansoor Masood Khan zindabad!!!

  8. #8
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    11,489
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    wonder if opinions will change if he was to score a hundred in the 1st Test?
    He's still in the side for a 175 he scored 2 years ago against the same opposition

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    14,996
    Mentioned
    2347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    wonder if opinions will change if he was to score a hundred in the 1st Test?
    Mine won't.

    Sri Lanka has a schoolboy quality pace attack.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    21,199
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is no cricketing reason to justify his selection

    He may scrape a few scores against arguably the weakest Sri Lankan team of all time but regardless Shan's selection epitomises one of the worst things about pak cricket


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  11. #11
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    1,340
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shan Masood and Arsal Sheikh - future of Pakistan cricket

    This is sarcasm btw.

  12. #12
    Debut
    May 2005
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    637
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Papa kehte hain bara naan kare ga, behta humara bara kaam kare ga.

    Disgusting

  13. #13
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    7,400
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    He's still in the side for a 175 he scored 2 years ago against the same opposition
    175 was scored by MYK not Shan... Shan scored his maiden hundred and the only hundred in 20 inns so far...But that was gutsy knock indeed with a match winning partnership

  14. #14
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    11,489
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    175 was scored by MYK not Shan... Shan scored his maiden hundred and the only hundred in 20 inns so far...But that was gutsy knock indeed with a match winning partnership
    Yes I'm sorry, don't remember Shan's score. It was a gutsy knock but again it happened 2 years ago, how long will he survive on it?

  15. #15
    Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    2,094
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The only justification for his selection is his temperament and application. He really has nothing else. His technique isn't anything great and his stats are terrible. I'd rather have Ahmad shahzad over him.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    4,138
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    Yes I'm sorry, don't remember Shan's score. It was a gutsy knock but again it happened 2 years ago, how long will he survive on it?
    He scored 124 odd.. it was younus who scored 171.


    Meri Barbaadiyan Durust Magar...
    Too Bata Kya Tujhe Sawaab Mila...

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    4,957
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mr. Masood ( Shaan's father ) has been "playing" very well on selectors mind, hence his selection is on merit.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    8,363
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    wonder if opinions will change if he was to score a hundred in the 1st Test?
    That is a big IF don't you think?

  19. #19
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    8,363
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shehzad is a far superior Test opener to Masood...

  20. #20
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    30,303
    Mentioned
    1027 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Just because he isn't a Pakpassion darling does not mean that he isn't entitled to a fair chance. Like Inzi said, he was given a single game against the Windies and deserves a couple more innings to show what he has.

    I personally think he's a poor batsman but everyone deserves a fair shot.


  21. #21
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    21,199
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Just because he isn't a Pakpassion darling does not mean that he isn't entitled to a fair chance. Like Inzi said, he was given a single game against the Windies and deserves a couple more innings to show what he has.

    I personally think he's a poor batsman but everyone deserves a fair shot.
    think he got plenty of chances prior to that, he was recalled because he probably ran marathorn or bench pressed more than the Rock or won the nobel prize of literature


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  22. #22
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    1,327
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Just because he isn't a Pakpassion darling does not mean that he isn't entitled to a fair chance. Like Inzi said, he was given a single game against the Windies and deserves a couple more innings to show what he has.

    I personally think he's a poor batsman but everyone deserves a fair shot.
    On merit he should be nowhere near the team how many batsmen from other countries are selected with a first class average of under 35?

  23. #23
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    NY
    Runs
    2,322
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Mr. Masood ( Shaan's father ) has been "playing" very well on selectors mind, hence his selection is on merit.
    shan's father works for or have worked in PCB which tells the story of him getting more chances. He will be out of the team in no time with his poor technique.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    5,601
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    More shocking concern than his selection is that people believe it is justified.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    5,601
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakCricket View Post
    shan's father works for or have worked in PCB which tells the story of him getting more chances. He will be out of the team in no time with his poor technique.
    We have said this multiple times that he will be out of the team in no time, yet he returns again not because of his performances but due to his connections.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    493
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He works hard in fitness but cricket doesn't seem to be his piece of cake. However now that he's been selected I will support him and hope he performs. If not, hopefully he will never be selected again. At the end of the day he's still only played a handful of test matches.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Yonge-Dundas
    Runs
    9,217
    Mentioned
    1064 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anything to keep narcissistic Shehzad out.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    32,666
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Everything apart from his batting is likeable about him. He has been given enough chances and he hasn't proven himself. Hope he proves me wrong but don't see it.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    5,851
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Everything apart from his batting is likeable about him. He has been given enough chances and he hasn't proven himself. Hope he proves me wrong but don't see it.
    I dont mind nepotism as long it reaps a positive result. Masood's case is unfortunately not one of those.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    11,489
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by htariq25 View Post
    He works hard in fitness but cricket doesn't seem to be his piece of cake. However now that he's been selected I will support him and hope he performs. If not, hopefully he will never be selected again. At the end of the day he's still only played a handful of test matches.
    What's the point of fitness when your front foot is as stiff as plywood?

  31. #31
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    3,163
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Speaks good English and captaincy material so lets give him a run /


    Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

  32. #32
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    7,201
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Club level batsman

  33. #33
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    464
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still prefer him over Shehzad. Unless Micky sorts out Shehzad's attitude, i'd keep him out of the side.
    I think this selection isn't justified. But it is still good to see someone given an extended run. If he fails in this series then he should be dropped.
    He has played 10 Tests, and batted in 20 innings. That is a good enough run in the side for any player. This should be his last chance saloon.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    14,996
    Mentioned
    2347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    What more could Shan Masood have done?

    After his home and away failures v Anderson and Broad he was told to win back his place in the team through sheer weight of runs.

    And he has.

    Shan Masood has roared back with 1 century in 18 innings, and an awe-inspiring average of 31 in First Class cricket.

    He has made a quarter of as many centuries in First Class cricket since the England tour as Salman Butt. Of course he should be next in line.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    522
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good selection. If he fails in this series he should be dropped for good. He has been working hard on his fitness...lets see if it improves his shortcomings as a batsman.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    East Coast, US.
    Runs
    667
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cric1234 View Post
    On merit he should be nowhere near the team how many batsmen from other countries are selected with a first class average of under 35?


    The closest in recent memory (and they're saying he's about to be recalled for the Ashes):

    http://m.espncricinfo.com/england/co...er/296597.html
    Last edited by Lefthanded; 25th September 2017 at 20:46.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    1,165
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thing is he's already been given 10 tests without merit - he's more than had his fun. So why can't the selectors resist being leant on by his father already?

  38. #38
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    105,269
    Mentioned
    669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    wonder if opinions will change if he was to score a hundred in the 1st Test?
    Not really, hes been exposed already in conditions away from home and also in UAE as being technically inept, A hundred against a Weak SL side wont prove anything.

    Everyone knows his selection is not based on cricket merit!

  39. #39
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    105,269
    Mentioned
    669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Jimmy Anderson will be only person wanting shan masood back in pakistan side, he will be licking his lips are 4 free bonus wickets when pakistan tour england next summer.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    3,163
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Can Shan Masood hold his place in Tests for Pakistan?

    Whislt other test nations of cooks, elgars, warners, vijays, we are stuck with an opener who plays at a 30 strike rate.

    How can one expect to win matches when youre playing for a draw. No wonder tests are dying out!

    Discss


    Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

  41. #41
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    522
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Our whole top order bats the same way Shan does. No need to single him out. He played well today. Both Shan and Sami got out to soft dismissals and should have carried on.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    132,837
    Mentioned
    2564 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Don't see him being dropped for 2nd Test. SO he gets another chance to prove himself


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  43. #43
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    14,005
    Mentioned
    660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Don't see him being dropped for 2nd Test. SO he gets another chance to prove himself
    Better turn up in this match especially in the first innings tomorrow. Otherwise should be dropped.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    43,633
    Mentioned
    2033 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Another one of those spectacular selections from Inzi the revolutionary


    Mein inko rolaonga

  45. #45
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    86,891
    Mentioned
    6645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    While the frustrations are understandable, it is also pertinent to think of it from Mickey's perspective.

    He is hard working, dedicated, polite, eager to improve and possesses good communication skills. These are the traits that a coach values. Yes he seems to lack the natural ability that is necessary to excel at the top level, but coaches generally do not put much emphasis on the talent factor, since that is something beyond their realm.

    A coach would back himself to help Masood take his game to the next level. He is the type of person every coach would love to take under his wings.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    24,652
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll be back to square one come next June when he's caught nicking off twice in a row to Jimmy in the 1st Test and then Azhar will be shifted back up to open again. Maybe then Mickey will learn.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    7,741
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    ^Exactly, he'll be okay in the UAE, but there is no way he will last against Broad, Anderson, Rabada or Morkel in England or SA who we'll be facing next year.


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  48. #48
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    522
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And exactly which openers other than Shan Masood do we have who will take the likes of Anderson, Rabada to the cleaners in England or South Africa?

    Some people hate on Shan as if he is blocking the way for a Saeed Anwar in the making.

    Our choices are limited. I agree with Mamoom, at this point it seems like our choice is either Salman Butt or Shan Masood...and I will pick Shan over Butt any day of the week.

    Having said that, no amount of hard work and dedication can overcome lack of performance. Shan has put in the hard yards, worked hard in the gym, his technique seems to have tightned up a little bit as well, now it's time for him to let the bat do the talking.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    3,172
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaasir View Post
    And exactly which openers other than Shan Masood do we have who will take the likes of Anderson, Rabada to the cleaners in England or South Africa?

    Some people hate on Shan as if he is blocking the way for a Saeed Anwar in the making.

    Our choices are limited. I agree with Mamoom, at this point it seems like our choice is either Salman Butt or Shan Masood...and I will pick Shan over Butt any day of the week.

    Having said that, no amount of hard work and dedication can overcome lack of performance. Shan has put in the hard yards, worked hard in the gym, his technique seems to have tightned up a little bit as well, now it's time for him to let the bat do the talking.
    Azhar Ali + Sami Aslam, Imam ul Haq, Fakhar Zaman...all doing very well in FC cricket as openers. Azhar and Aslam did an excellent job in England last time over. Shan was awful as we know, fiddling around off. Just as he fiddled around off in the beginning of this Test.

    It's pretty clear you don't put much stock in your own argument. "Seems to have tightened up a little bit." is about the saddest endorsement one could give to someone so completely at sea. And he's 27. He's not going to evolve into anything other than a Daddy's Dream. Aslam is 21.

    We actually have one excellent opener and one reasonably promising one who has shown he can get the job done when the ball is moving around, in England and NZ. It is ridiculous to abandon that combination to protect Azhar. I personally wonder if it does not have something to do with pressure to find a place for Masood.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    3,172
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Which is probably true, but Mickey isn't responsible for that. He has to work with what he is given and it is easy to see why he rates Masood highly. Anyhow, it is either Masood or Salman Butt. Folks should be careful what they wish for.
    It's clearly not. Aslam and Azhar did a good job England last time over. If not Aslam, Imam, if not Imam whoever tops the FC charts as an opener this season. This is not rocket science

  51. #51
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    42,631
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    average of 34 in FC cricket and average of 24 in tests , he would have never made the test team if wasnt for his dad and thats the truth.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    24,652
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is awful.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    32,666
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should be dropped for Imam Ul Haq.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    132,837
    Mentioned
    2564 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Not looking good for him


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  55. #55
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    15,898
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Worst opener in recent years

  56. #56
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    6,549
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am not buying this good guy thing anymore. If he is that good, just retire for the sake of Pakistan team. He is not international level.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  57. #57
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    21,199
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Classy dismissal

    Looked really fit as he got out, even think I heard some good English as he walked off


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    14,819
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Im baffled to his selection and how mickey can justify it

    Azhars had immense success over the last 18 months as opener And after many years we seemed to have found a genuine world class opener in a position which has been a problem seemingly for ever

    Now Why would you move him down and select someone like masood who has neither the stats fc wise or the technique and replace him?

  59. #59
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    15,269
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khuda ka waasta hai retire ho ja bhai. Tang kar rakkha hai. Nepotism should have its limitations. Talented players used to come through before, even through nepotism. This is just zyadti on a different level.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    15,898
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Im baffled to his selection and how mickey can justify it

    Azhars had immense success over the last 18 months as opener And after many years we seemed to have found a genuine world class opener in a position which has been a problem seemingly for ever

    Now Why would you move him down and select someone like masood who has neither the stats fc wise or the technique and replace him?
    Micky is a joke in test cricket

  61. #61
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    1,327
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    16 of 72 a nice innngs to justify his selection.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Runs
    313
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably the worst player to have played for Pakistan for over 10 tests; even worse than Faisal Iqbal.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    28,281
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Has the worst average of openers in last 5 years, around 23. How on earth can you select such a guy???? Looking fit is not everything, you should also be able to hold a bat!


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  64. #64
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    4,602
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaf348 View Post
    Probably the worst player to have played for Pakistan for over 10 tests; even worse than Faisal Iqbal.
    True , worst than any pakistani openers and we have seen a worst lot


    Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

  65. #65
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    393
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope we are seeing the last of him.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    43,040
    Mentioned
    2254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    Has the worst average of openers in last 5 years, around 23. How on earth can you select such a guy???? Looking fit is not everything, you should also be able to hold a bat!
    Yeah but has he gotten enough of a chance to prove himself


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  67. #67
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    86,891
    Mentioned
    6645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Yorker View Post
    It's clearly not. Aslam and Azhar did a good job England last time over. If not Aslam, Imam, if not Imam whoever tops the FC charts as an opener this season. This is not rocket science
    That is what you or me think, but that does not really matter. What matters is that the selectors have given enough indication that Salman Butt is on the brink of selection.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Yonge-Dundas
    Runs
    9,217
    Mentioned
    1064 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What's appalling about Masood is that he can't even score runs in the UAE (that's a blessing). Most batsmen like him just score massive runs in places like UAE against weaker opponents like Sri Lanka, then start failing when taken overseas.

    He's so bad that can't score runs anywhere.


    You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan, designed and directed by his red right hand.

  69. #69
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    14,005
    Mentioned
    660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not sure if he will be dropped as he scored a fifty in the previous match and they can use the: "Only one bad game" excuse.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    393
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    Classy dismissal

    Looked really fit as he got out, even think I heard some good English as he walked off
    You have a great sense of humour. Really hilarious

  71. #71
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    8,829
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There's no justification for him playing international cricket.

    Azhar, Sami, Shehzad, Butt, Imam, Hafeez, and Fakhar are all better openers.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    132,837
    Mentioned
    2564 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Singlehandedly accounted for 2 reviews


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  73. #73
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,091
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes because he plays fearlessly

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    5,210
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10 runs of 61 balls. An extremely low strike rate should be a clue for a Chief Selector if he were perceptive enough.


    Pakistani batsmen - An endangered species?

  75. #75
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    19,529
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No need to worry about strike rate when we still have four and a half sessions left. Shan will still be out there tomorrow evening having led us to victory with a marathon 23* to prove the doubters wrong.

  76. #76
    Debut
    May 2005
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    637
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can there ever be justification for this kind of innings? Its shameful for us, him and papa

  77. #77
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    14,005
    Mentioned
    660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Might just lose the game for us with this innings.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    21,199
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    No need to worry about strike rate when we still have four and a half sessions left. Shan will still be out there tomorrow evening having led us to victory with a marathon 23* to prove the doubters wrong.
    I won't lie , you first sentence got me so angry that I was preparing a full broadside reminiscent of my Younis in odis rants, before noticing the rest of your sarcasm


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  79. #79
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    19,529
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    I won't lie , you first sentence got me so angry that I was preparing a full broadside reminiscent of my Younis in odis rants, before noticing the rest of your sarcasm
    I do kinda feel bad for Shan, he's not in good form and he's really digging in and showing a lot of guts in trying to fight his way into some form.

    Of course, this being Pakistan it means that the guy who batted ages will get cussed out more than the other batsmen who were dismissed quickly

  80. #80
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,395
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If this isn't his last test match for Pakistan, then I don't know when sense will prevail.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •