User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1718 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

[PICTURES] Captains of the six participating teams in the Asia Cup pose with the trophy at the DSC

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-14 at 16.03.32.jpg
Views: 1299
Size:  52.0 KB

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-14 at 16.03.37.jpg
Views: 1177
Size:  47.4 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 14th September 2018 at 14:13.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1648 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Only green and blue

Edit: I missed Hong Kong. I thought that was umpire

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nike is pretty lazy with the indian kit. Quality wise it definitely looks the best out of all but the design is so boring.

Our kit looks so lame especially with the dull color redesign. I cannot for the life of it understand why we do away with kits after every other series. Someone needs to knock some sense in the marketing department of PCB.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Only green and blue

Hong Kong used to have an black with red stripes kit, i dont know why they decided to wear the ICC umpire's uniform all of sudden...

Looks like this is the tournament of horrible cricketing kits all around, designer hell!

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1648 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Also people who keep harping about Saifi's fitness need to focus their eyes on Sharma's bulging belly which is even apparent with a loose shirt

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Not a single captain looks like he wants to be there. Very dour and uninspiring pictures, but that is what the Asia Cup has become. A tournament with immense potential has been reduced to something completely irrelevant.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Not a single captain looks like he wants to be there. Very dour and uninspiring pictures, but that is what the Asia Cup has become. A tournament with immense potential has been reduced to something completely irrelevant.
    Should have been held in India

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also people who keep harping about Saifi's fitness need to focus their eyes on Sharma's bulging belly which is even apparent with a loose shirt
    Or check his rotund face, he seems pretty unfit but that doesnt mean people cannot question Sarfraz on his fitness. Two wrongs dont make a right.

Why do you think that has happened?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1648 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Or check his rotund face, he seems pretty unfit but that doesnt mean people cannot question Sarfraz on his fitness. Two wrongs dont make a right.

Bhai Sarfaraz smashed the yo-yo test with flying colors still people kept running mouth about fitness.

I don't know why people hide behind other reasons and not come out and say it explicitly why they hate Sarfaraz.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post

Multiple reasons. It hasn't been marketed properly which is largely down to the incompetence of the ACC, and of course the rocky relationships between the Asian boards, especially the BCCI-PCB-BCB nexus has not helped matters either.

Also, Pakistan's fledging status as an ODI team has played a part as well, which is why this time there is somewhat more hype than usual. For the first time in many years, our fans think that we can topple India and go onto win the tournament. The expectations from the previous few editions were quite low.

Furthermore, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka have been hosting the tournament for far too long now and both are boring venues. Since Pakistan cannot host it due to obvious reasons, India needs to be given hosting rights. They have the best stadiums in Asia, produce the best Limited Overs pitches and the atmosphere and production quality is always top notch.

The Asia Cup can become the most popular Limited Overs tournament outside the ICC events if it is done right.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I ask how old are you? so you judge the importance of the tournament by how captains look in the pics?? It was never a big tournament its what it always was.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rohit Sharma's belly is embarrasing

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakhs View Post
    Can I ask how old are you? so you judge the importance of the tournament by how captains look in the pics?? It was never a big tournament its what it always was.
    No, you cannot ask how old I am.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They all look forced to have been standing up there.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, you cannot ask how old I am.
    Okay but please think before you write, While your points regarding Asia Cup might be valid but how captains look on the picture is no way to judge a tournament importance.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1718 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Name:  IMG-20180914-WA0006.jpg
Views: 1079
Size:  182.4 KBName:  IMG-20180914-WA0005.jpg
Views: 1064
Size:  97.5 KBName:  IMG-20180914-WA0007.jpg
Views: 1068
Size:  206.2 KBName:  IMG-20180914-WA0004.jpg
Views: 1330
Size:  142.3 KB

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana Mastana View Post
    They all look forced to have been standing up there.
    Thats because they are, Its very hard to stand up in 40 degrees heat and look happy.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LOL it doesn't matter how they stand or if they are dull. What matters is how tournament goes. I have feeling that this will be very close contest and in end what matters is how competitive tournament is.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine Kohli in that picture, he does not fit there.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All look happy when sitting in the press conference. But standing outside, they look they want to get the hell out of there

Rohit is chubby as usual. Sarfaraz has definitely lost a lot of weight. His head looks even more huge now :p

Hongkong Captain looks the fittest of all. Matthews looks chubby too.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dude talking about other dude looks when it has nothing to do with the tournament.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Only green and blue

i thought it was an umpire until i saw your post.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bhai Sarfaraz smashed the yo-yo test with flying colors still people kept running mouth about fitness.

I don't know why people hide behind other reasons and not come out and say it explicitly why they hate Sarfaraz.
    I was speaking generally, there might be few who have malicious intent when they question his fitness. For me he seems fine, not ideal but fine and he does seems to be working towards getting fit. Since last year, he does seems to have dropped weight.

Multiple reasons. It hasn't been marketed properly which is largely down to the incompetence of the ACC, and of course the rocky relationships between the Asian boards, especially the BCCI-PCB-BCB nexus has not helped matters either.

Also, Pakistan's fledging status as an ODI team has played a part as well, which is why this time there is somewhat more hype than usual. For the first time in many years, our fans think that we can topple India and go onto win the tournament. The expectations from the previous few editions were quite low.

Furthermore, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka have been hosting the tournament for far too long now and both are boring venues. Since Pakistan cannot host it due to obvious reasons, India needs to be given hosting rights. They have the best stadiums in Asia, produce the best Limited Overs pitches and the atmosphere and production quality is always top notch.

The Asia Cup can become the most popular Limited Overs tournament outside the ICC events if it is done right.
    I do agree that the tournament has not been marketed properly but when was cricket ever marketed properly? Heck, look at our kit, it looks shambolic even though we our previous kit was superb yet someone decided to make our training kit as our playing kit LOL

If there were proper people working in marketing they would have never approved this disaster of a kit.

Overall, yes, i do see your point, provided that especially after CT as the avenues for Indo-Pak matches have even gotten lesser, this tournament's importance has grown more and should be marketed and positioned by ACC properly.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakhs View Post
    Thats because they are, Its very hard to stand up in 40 degrees heat and look happy.
    So by that logic does it mean that in 2 days time when they'll be out there playing, they will be forced to do so as they would rather sit in jaccuzi's and chilling.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana Mastana View Post
    So by that logic does it mean that in 2 days time when they'll be out there playing, they will be forced to do so as they would rather sit in jaccuzi's and chilling.
    Playing cricket and waiting around in hot weather under the sun for photographers are two different things! We all love to play cricket regardless to the weather not too sure about getting our pictures taken under UAE sun.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rohit's been enjoying the briyahni's and parattahs while Kohli and co were being destroyed in England.

Huge target for lbw

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only green and blue

Wow it really does look like an umpire to be fair!

These captains don't look too happy to be there but I'm sure when the cricket starts they'll be doing everything they can to win the tournament for their nation!

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched the pre-conference. Loved the way how Rohit, Sarfraz, Mashrafe, and others also exchange words and laughing. Asia Cup can really be a big tournament as Asian fans love and live for cricket. Just need to organise and market it properly not poorly.

If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a miserable looking bunch, guess they would have preferred touring a place like Australia or the Caribbean.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    971 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-14 at 16.03.37.jpg
Views: 1177
Size:  47.4 KB
    I find this amusing for some reason.

The captains seem to be struggling whether to have hands behind back, in front or to the sides.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    971 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon - I don't think having the Asia Cup every two years helps. Didn't this competition used to be every four years ?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    @Mamoon - I don't think having the Asia Cup every two years helps. Didn't this competition used to be every four years ?
    I think it has always been held every two years, except for 2002 and 2006. We had Asia Cups in 2000, 2004 and 2008.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree it should be held in India. Got a feeling the atmosphere is gonna be dull in UAE.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Man no Kohli really hurts the fun in this tournament, idk if he’s in the Pak game, if he isn’t then it’s not gonna have the same spark. He’s the face of Pakistan and India clashes since 2012.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  IMG-20180914-WA0006.jpg
Views: 1079
Size:  182.4 KBName:  IMG-20180914-WA0005.jpg
Views: 1064
Size:  97.5 KBName:  IMG-20180914-WA0007.jpg
Views: 1068
Size:  206.2 KBName:  IMG-20180914-WA0004.jpg
Views: 1330
Size:  142.3 KB
    At first, I thought the hong kong player was an umpire.

The Pakistan Kit looks a bit better when you look at it from a far distance but the colour looks more blue than green

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hong Kong may aswell participate as umpires...

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Super Over introduced in the Asia Cup

Dubai, Sept 14: A tie-breaking Super Over is introduced in the Asia Cup and therefore the trophy in the final will not be shared between the two teams, it is learnt here.

A Super Over,also called a one-over eliminator in the event of a match being tie, is a tie-breaking method, which was initially used in T-20 formats. It is a reduced version of the match that consists only of one over (six balls) and two wickets for each team.

According to the Playing Conditions released to all participating teams in the Asia Cup, which kick off on Saturday, the official result of the match would be a "tie" but within the context of the tournament the winning team of the "Super Over" will be declared the winner of the match and the victory is seen as equivalent of "one earned in a regular match".

Runs scored in super overs do not count towards a player's statistical record.
    Like all ICC events, where the Super Over is introduced, this will be the first time the Asia Cup will be played with the Super Over provision.

http://observerbd.com/details.php?id=158453

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Absolutely agree with this. Asia Cup has immense potential, and it could be the UEFA Euro type tournament for cricket. If the ACC were a more competent board, Asia Cup would surely be able to get better sponsorship, better broadcasting, and generate a lot more hype, interest, and money too. It is just sad that it's not really even taken that seriously, with India even resting Kohli.

IMO, they need to revamp the format too. I think they could learn from Euro, and maybe not have the whole thing in one country? Having
    a whole tournament in places like Bangladesh and Sri Lanka is a bad idea, both are by far the most boring venues. Perhaps each team in the round robin could play each other twice, home and away?

The group stages part can have each group playing in a different location. There should be two groups, top six Asian sides automatically get through, the rest play the qualifier, with two teams getting to the group stage from there. The top two from each group can go to the round robin, while the best third ranked team also goes through. We would maybe see this format (based on this year's qualifier)?

Group A (country bids for group stages)
    Pakistan
    India
    UAE
    Oman

Group B (country bids for group stages)
    Sri Lanka
    Bangladesh
    Afghanistan
    Hong Kong

Super Five (Home/Away - stadiums in each country bid, can host up to one game each - neutral games in UAE for Afghanistan and maybe Pakistan)

Final (each stadium bids individually)

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    Man no Kohli really hurts the fun in this tournament, idk if he’s in the Pak game, if he isn’t then it’s not gonna have the same spark. He’s the face of Pakistan and India clashes since 2012.
    He's earned deserving rest. He literally scored 1/3+ runs for team India after all

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So based on the template provided by @ansarfraz on heights of the players through his keen observation and knowledge-based analysis over six years, these are the heights of all the players excluding the hong kong and afghanistan player

Rohit - 5.5'
    Mashrafe - 5.6'
    Mathews - 5.6'

ya aenu chuk lay ya mainu aenu chukkan di taaqat day