Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"I would like to take five wickets in the match against India" : Usman Khan Shinwari

Usman Khan Shinwari at a presser:

"There is no problem with my fitness, my toe was bleeding a bit so I came off the field. Alhamdulillah I am fit"

"If you look at our bowling lineup, all the bowlers are top bowlers and the competition is tough. It's enjoyable and we need to perform in every match. I am giving my best effort"

"Today's wicket was a very slow wicket, the ball wasn't going through. I was trying to bowl with pace, with the new ball I tried to pick up wickets but I couldn't. However, in the second spell the ball had deteriorated quite a bit and it was aiding reverse swing which helped me to pick up wickets"

"India's team is the number one team. They have a lot of good players. When there's an India-Pakistan match, it's not just the players but the whole crowd is very excited. It's a big match and we will prepare well for it"

"It's the first time I've seen such a pitch at Dubai, it was very slow and bowling on it is difficult. You have to hit a hard length to get help from it"

"Our preparation is 100%, we had a camp in Lahore also and here as well. The Indian team has also been preparing for the past few days so it will be a good match"

"The weather was relatively good today. Last time we played against SL in October, I was seriously thinking it's so hot in October so what will it be like in September but the weather was better than I expected it to be"

"Performing in an India-Pakistan match can take one's career to the next level. Every player wishes to perform in this fixture. My goal is that too, if I got three out today then I would like to take five wickets in the match against India"

"Amir bowled very well, sometimes wickets depend on luck as you can get many wickets with normal bowling or no wickets with good bowling. I think he is bowling well and I think insha'Allah he will do well in the next match"

"Pakistan has become quite used to the Dubai grounds and pitches, it's a plus point for us as it's like our home ground, so I think we'll have this advantage"
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 16th September 2018 at 17:55.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Set bigger goals for yourself young man. With all your talent and such a promising start, think of winning a WC, taking 100-200 ODI/Test wickets, becoming the best ODI/Test bowler.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    Set bigger goals for yourself young man. With all your talent and such a promising start, think of winning a WC, taking 100-200 ODI/Test wickets, becoming the best ODI/Test bowler.
    He was specifically asked about his goals for this match.

I'm sure he isn't thinking of that being the final point of his career, or the pinnacle.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not just take all ten including a hat trick!?

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1616 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Why not just take all ten including a hat trick!?
    Aglay bhi khelnay aye hain

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Facepalm.

The butter truth is he's not that good of a bowler.

We have others who have a better chance.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Facepalm.

The butter truth is he's not that good of a bowler.

We have others who have a better chance.
    Stop being ridiculous.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usman Khan is one of the best talents we have. I firmly believe in him. I can see the Indian batsmen dancing already when he bowls.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Might achieve this goal as well as Indian batting isn't that great this time.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahson8 View Post
    Stop being ridiculous.
    That's why I said bitter. He's just not good enough, another Junaid and Umar Gul.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That's why I said bitter. He's just not good enough, another Junaid and Umar Gul.
    At the end of the day it’s the amount of wickets he takes that matters. Shinwari has been constantly taking wickets since his comeback, especially in the powerplay overs.

He has been the paciest bowler in the tournament so far.

The only thing that seems bitter here is you.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Newcastle
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No you said butter lol

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post

Isn't it pretty obvious that he was specifically asked about this match?