Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaheen's stats may prove that he is better at this stage but we can't say much as of now.
    Khaleel is bowling on pattas, while shaheen is playing on low scoring uae pitches.
    Secondly
    Our U19 guys were able to thrash shaheen so i reserve my statement until shaheen plays outside UAE. As much as i have seen he doesn't move the ball much. He relies on pace variation.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    You mean height?

Khaleel is decent at this point. He needs to bulk up a little and add increase the pace. Shaheen is bowling at 140k consistently.

At this point, Khaleel has a lot of catching up to do if he wants to be compared to Shaheen.
    Both height and body mass. Shaheen looks stronger.

But disagree on the pace part. Khaleel has shown higher peak pace than Shaheen at the moment. But to be honest i dont know about the average pace comparison of these two.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khaleel is another name in the long list of trundlers we have produced, why is he bowling so slow? It is not like he is incapable of bowling 140+, his current style of bowling may pay dividends in SC but not in England where the WC will be played.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaheen will fade away like Amir and Khaleel will rise like Zaheer.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Khaleel is another name in the long list of trundlers we have produced, why is he bowling so slow? It is not like he is incapable of bowling 140+, his current style of bowling may pay dividends in SC but not in England where the WC will be played.
    May be Venkatesh Prasad paid a visit to Khaleel and taught him the advantages of bowling slow

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Both height and body mass. Shaheen looks stronger.

But disagree on the pace part. Khaleel has shown higher peak pace than Shaheen at the moment. But to be honest i dont know about the average pace comparison of these two.
    Khaleel has world class facilities available now and diet will not be an issue. There should be no excuses for not bulking up a bit.
    Shaheen looked very frail during the U19 WC last year. But he surely has worked hard in the gym and you can see how his body responded.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Shaheen will fade away like Amir and Khaleel will rise like Zaheer.
    How? Can you explain the similarities bw the two. I think both have bright careers ahead.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    How? Can you explain the similarities bw the two. I think both have bright careers ahead.
    Bro, chill It's just a tactic to increase the number of pages.

Speak something controversial and escape, the thread will change into Faheem vs Pandya.

Speaking the truth, both are really good but, we'll see their worth at the world cup.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro, chill It's just a tactic to increase the number of pages.

Speak something controversial and escape, the thread will change into Faheem vs Pandya.

Speaking the truth, both are really good but, we'll see their worth at the world cup.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaheen looks physically stronger. Khaleel is a wiry kid who need to develop his upper body strength a bit more.It helps you when you want to push yousrelf.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Let them play 18 months.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At this point it feels like Shaheen is thrown into the deep end and he is coming up aces. Khaleel has been a support bowler and has been doing a decent job. Shaheen is leading at this point

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shaheen looks good. Want to see more of Khaleel.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Shaheen looks good. Want to see more of Khaleel.
    At this point, Shaheen seems to have greater potential. He is taking bucket loads of wickets on UAE pitches.

Khaleel is a decent bowler who has potential. Can develop into a very good bowler if nurtured properly.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaheen is far ahead at the moment. He is on his way on becoming the bowling leader of the ODI side

Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'd like to judge Shaheen once he has bowled in non-sub continent pitches. Need to see if he has the ability to swing which will truly make him a dangerous bowler in ODI and Test cricket. If he offers no swing then like Junaid and Aamir, he will eventually fade.

Alexis Sanchez. Theo Walcott. Azhar Ali. Haris Sohail. Fawad Alam. Orochimaru.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theo_14 View Post
    I'd like to judge Shaheen once he has bowled in non-sub continent pitches. Need to see if he has the ability to swing which will truly make him a dangerous bowler in ODI and Test cricket. If he offers no swing then like Junaid and Aamir, he will eventually fade.
    There will no be worse conditions for fast bowling than the UAE.

He has exceptional height (Hasan lacks it), game awareness (Wahab never had), and the variation of the left-arm angle (always an added bonus because it is equally effective from either side of the wicket).

The kid has followed his predecessors with a great start but it remains to be seen if he can maintain his initial burst.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way too early to judge.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Shaheen's stats may prove that he is better at this stage but we can't say much as of now.
    Khaleel is bowling on pattas, while shaheen is playing on low scoring uae pitches.
    Secondly
    Our U19 guys were able to thrash shaheen so i reserve my statement until shaheen plays outside UAE. As much as i have seen he doesn't move the ball much. He relies on pace variation.
    Hasan Ali and Trent Boult went at 7 an over today. They bowled on the same pitch.

Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    There will no be worse conditions for fast bowling than the UAE.
    I know but if there is one thing I learned then its to take my time in judging players. We've had likes of Umar Akmal, Amir who made one hell of a impact but fell off dramatically - at one point they were potential world class. Hasan and Fakhar going through similar 'phase' too. We haven't had a consistent youngster come through the ranks in over a decade IMO.

Shaheen just needs to do what he is doing now but for sure look to develop. His PR team seem on their game - hopefully a county contract can be secured.

Alexis Sanchez. Theo Walcott. Azhar Ali. Haris Sohail. Fawad Alam. Orochimaru.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khaleel bowling well at the death.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khaleel is bowling beautifully, far ahead of Shaheen. He swings the ball and has a great Yorker.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khaleel bowling well at the death.
    Oops. Sorry

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mastersaan10 View Post
    Khaleel is bowling beautifully, far ahead of Shaheen. He swings the ball and has a great Yorker.
    And he gets tonked rofl

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mastersaan10 View Post
    may khaleel continue with the same form

smash by newbie

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gave away 23 runs in the last over

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amazing...So far ahead of Afridi kid...Afridi can't even dream of such bowling with so much to give to opposition.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Best of The Best : Tendulkar - Wasim - Gilchrist

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fluke wicket for Afridi.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fluke wicket for Afridi.
    you are not watching the match boy

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fluke wicket for Afridi.
    Not happening for this thread so far is it. I think our fans love fighting over mediocre cricketer's. Shaheen is ahead atm but let's see what future holds. By the way what's happening to those india u19 bowlers who outbowled Shaheen in world cup?? Looked great mavi and nagarkoti but have since dissapeared.

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fluke wicket for Afridi.
    3rd rate bowlers like Afridi can not possibly keep the standard as high...Wutt a boller this Indian kiddo

Best of The Best : Tendulkar - Wasim - Gilchrist

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmirilion View Post
    Not happening for this thread so far is it. I think our fans love fighting over mediocre cricketer's. Shaheen is ahead atm but let's see what future holds. By the way what's happening to those india u19 bowlers who outbowled Shaheen in world cup?? Looked great mavi and nagarkoti but have since dissapeared.
    Indian selection panel is one of the worst in history at the moment, they are sticking with only seniors, thankfully these young bowlers have IPL to perform and multi-crore salaries to fall back on. The World Cup 2019 team should have been filled with youngsters like Mavi, Nagarkoti and Batsmen like Shaw, Ishan Kishan, Sanju Samson etc.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I can say with certainty at this point is that both these lads are growing far quicker than I expected them to. It's mighty impressive to see how much they have grown as bowlers in the handful of matches they have played so far.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excited to see these two opening the bowling at the world cup, for their respective teams.

This thread is going to be bumped a lot. Exciting times really, for the players and the fans.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stats after both have played 6 ODIs.

Wkts:
    KA: 11
    SA: 13

Avg:
    KA: 24.00
    SA: 17.61

Eco:
    KA: 5.07
    SA: 4.88

SR:
    KA: 28.3
    SA: 21.6

4fer/5fer:
    KA: 0/0
    SA: 2/0

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stats after both have played 6 ODIs.

Wkts:
    KA: 11
    SA: 13

Avg:
    KA: 24.00
    SA: 17.61

Eco:
    KA: 5.07
    SA: 4.88

SR:
    KA: 28.3
    SA: 21.6

4fer/5fer:
    KA: 0/0
    SA: 2/0
    Keep in mind the opposition so far as well:

SSA: Afg, Bang, Ind, NZ, NZ, NZ (6 matches total)

KA: HK, Afg, Wi, WI, WI, WI, WI (6 matches total)

This makes SSA's start look even better compared to KA's.

However it is early days, should reserve judgement until after the world cup. KA may well pull ahead.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackanhyellow View Post
    Keep in mind the opposition so far as well:

SSA: Afg, Bang, Ind, NZ, NZ, NZ (6 matches total)

KA: HK, Afg, Wi, WI, WI, WI, WI (6 matches total)

This makes SSA's start look even better compared to KA's.

However it is early days, should reserve judgement until after the world cup. KA may well pull ahead.
    Need to also remember I think it was 5 or 6 dropped catches already off Afridi’s bowling.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iPakistani View Post
    Need to also remember I think it was 5 or 6 dropped catches already off Afridi’s bowling.
    That didn't help Amir's case did it? If only Shadab caught that low catch of Rohit...

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    That didn't help Amir's case did it? If only Shadab caught that low catch of Rohit...
    He's talking about potential wickets for SA that were lost due to missed catches. Not crying over lost games.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khaleel doesn't look anything special. Shaheen is much better at this stage, although we have to give them enough of a sample size to properly judge.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you analyse the U19 WC game last year, Mavi, Porel and Nagarkotti outbowled Afridi who went for 61 runs in 10 overs. So we hv better bowlers than Afridi in domestics but selectors decided to give Khaleel a go who is clearly an inferior bowler.

Reason - Well, we know why.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    If you analyse the U19 WC game last year, Mavi, Porel and Nagarkotti outbowled Afridi who went for 61 runs in 10 overs. So we hv better bowlers than Afridi in domestics but selectors decided to give Khaleel a go who is clearly an inferior bowler.

Excellent logic. So Shaheen gave runs in one game make them other bowlers better then him. They say you learn something new everyday.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Shaheen is playing for his national team whereas guys like Porel, Nagarkotti and Mavi are not even in team management's plans thanks to IPL legends like Thakur and Kaul who keep getting selected.

In my opinion Shaheen is a better bowler at the moment. Also I don't know why Khaleel is bowling at 130-135k range. He used to bowl above 140k in domestic cricket.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Excellent logic. So Shaheen gave runs in one game make them other bowlers better then him. They say you learn something new everyday.
    That logic also makes Anwar Ali the best bowler to set foot on earth.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can’t judge a player by his performance in one match. No doubt the Indian pacers are talented but you can’t say they are better than Shaheen based on one match.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Shaheen is playing for his national team whereas guys like Porel, Nagarkotti and Mavi are not even in team management's plans thanks to IPL legends like Thakur and Kaul who keep getting selected.

In my opinion Shaheen is a better bowler at the moment. Also I don't know why Khaleel is bowling at 130-135k range. He used to bowl above 140k in domestic cricket.
    Even Shaheen will play in PSL...that has nothing to do with the topic we are discussing here. Issue is not premier leagues, even Khaleel played for Delhi Daredevills. The problem is our national selectors are ignorant.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

India have found the next Zaheer Khan in Khaleel Ahmed: Karsan Ghavri

Aggression, guile and raw pace coupled with variety has made Khaleel Ahmed tick all the right boxes required for a genuine fast bowler. Ever since India sprung a surprise by introducing the prodigious left-arm pacer from the small town of Tonk in Rajasthan at the Asia Cup this year, Khaleel has shown good promise.

In the Asia Cup this year, Khaleel snapped three wickets in his debut ODI against Hong Kong and added one more against Afghanistan in the Super Four stage. In six ODIs – two in the Asia Cup and four versus West Indies – he has claimed 11 wickets, while in the recently-concluded T20Is against the 20-year-old took three wickets.

Being fast-tracked into the senior Indian side after impressing in white-ball cricket for India A speaks of Khaleel’s skill, believes former India left-arm pace bowler Karsan Ghavri.

“Khaleel Ahmed is a bright prospect for India. He’s got good control of his line, length and has good accuracy. He’s been able to swing the ball with that kind of speed which is very important because pace is not everything. If Khaleel can generate speed and swing consistently, he’s even more dangerous,” Ghavri told CricketCountry. “He has got the ability to swing the ball both ways – the in-swinger, out-swinger – and he’s got a good bouncer and generates good speed. He’s a very versatile bowler and can do well for India provided he looks after his body and stays away from injuries.”

India have been on the lookout for a genuine left-arm quick ever since Zaheer Khan retired in 2012. There have been a fe who have auditioned for the role – the likes of Saurashtra’s Jaydev Unadkat and Punjab’s Barinder Sran, mainly – but none could impress the way Khaleel has since since he marked his run-up in Dubai.

With the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup next year, Khaleel looks to have entered the big stage at the right time and with his strong showing in the sub-continent, he looks an asset for next summer’s showpiece event in England.

Ghavri, who bagged 109 wickets in 39 Tests, reckons India have found the next Zaheer. “Yes, to a certain extent. Zaheer Khan was a very good fast bowler for India. If somebody has taken more than 200 wickets [Zaheer took 282 wickets in 200 ODIs], he has to be good. After a long time after Zaheer Khan, India has found another good left-handed fast bowler,” the 67-year-old said.

Khaleel’s next assignment is the series against Australia where he has been named in the T20I squad. Ghavri feels the move will not help the bowler flourish.

“The T20 format is a totally different format altogether because the bowlers or the batsmen hardly get any time to settle down. For Khaleel, the real format for him is Test cricket or may be, even a 50-over game because there, you have a good chance of settling down,” he said.

“In a T20 match, you just bowl four overs and hardly get time to settle down. If he gets himself in for a 50-over match or in Tests, it will be better for him. I am sure he will eventually get that spot, but he should be playing in the longer version of the game. Khaleel should have been named in the ODI squad and Test squad, rather than the T20I series. The team management should watch Khaleel perform in the 50-over game and if his performances are good, then automatically he graduates to Test cricket.”

https://www.cricketcountry.com/artic...-ghavri-764630

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty even ATM.
    But shaheen will end up far better bowler than khaleel.
    Due to bowling culture in Pakistan

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Had I not played for India now, it would have been very late: Khaleel Ahmed

Khaleel Ahmed the left-arm pacer, feels it has taken him longer than expected to live his dream of playing for India. As part of India’s 2016 Under-19 World Cup squad, the 20-year-old fast bowler from Tonk, Rajasthan had to wait over two years to be rewarded an India berth. In between, he was part of IPL franchise Delhi Daredevils but never played a game. Even for his state team of Rajasthan, Khaleel wasn’t a top preference.

Finally, it was during the 2017-18 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy where Khaleel made a big impact, taking 17 wickets in ten games at an impressive economy rate of 6.76 runs per over and was subsequently named in India’s Asia Cup squad earlier in September.

“If I had not played for India now, then it would have been very late. I fear at an older age, my body wouldn’t have been able to exert as much as I can now,” Khaleel told Times of India in an interview. “I couldn’t sleep during the Syed Mushtaq Ali tournament. I would check the clock all night and waited to get back on the field, bowling fast and taking wickets. I couldn’t let this opportunity go like I did in Ranji Trophy.”

Known for working closely with former India fast bowler Zaheer Khan, Khaleel revealed watching his idol bowl in the nets for a big source of inspiration. “I worked on my bowling. I went to the NCA but there were no specialist bowling coaches. I had chats with Zaheer Khan at Daredevils but felt I shouldn’t be calling all the time. I observed him in the nets and tried to copy things in my hometown,” Khaleel said.

Khaleel has since come a long way. Making his India debut during the Asia Cup, Khaleel picked up 3 for 48 against Hong Kong in a game where India were almost given a scare by the Associate nation. Then, in the final two ODIs against West Indies, Khaleel bowled two fabulous spells of 3 for 13 and 2 for 29. The kind of potential he has shown in such short time, Khaleel might as well have ended India’s search for the next premier left-arm seamer.

Khaleel has received plenty of thoughts and advices, one of them coming from former Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar, who asked him to reduce his jump. “I did reduce my jump earlier to get the ball swinging in to the batsman. But Bharat Arun (India bowling coach) doesn’t force me to do things. He only works on those things which would suit my physique and ability. I am happy with that. I figured I had to increase my body mass to bowl consistently at pace, Khaleel said.

“I bowled well during my U-19 days and even after that, I wasn’t getting wickets. I couldn’t figure out the right length. In my head, I marked the lengths Zaheer used to bowl and worked on it.”

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...l-ahmed-765015