Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 161 to 240 of 314
  1. #161
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    1,444
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shaheen's stats may prove that he is better at this stage but we can't say much as of now.
    Khaleel is bowling on pattas, while shaheen is playing on low scoring uae pitches.
    Secondly
    Our U19 guys were able to thrash shaheen so i reserve my statement until shaheen plays outside UAE. As much as i have seen he doesn't move the ball much. He relies on pace variation.

  2. #162
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    25,106
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    You mean height?

    Khaleel is decent at this point. He needs to bulk up a little and add increase the pace. Shaheen is bowling at 140k consistently.

    At this point, Khaleel has a lot of catching up to do if he wants to be compared to Shaheen.
    Both height and body mass. Shaheen looks stronger.

    But disagree on the pace part. Khaleel has shown higher peak pace than Shaheen at the moment. But to be honest i dont know about the average pace comparison of these two.

  3. #163
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    1,586
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khaleel is another name in the long list of trundlers we have produced, why is he bowling so slow? It is not like he is incapable of bowling 140+, his current style of bowling may pay dividends in SC but not in England where the WC will be played.

  4. #164
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,150
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaheen will fade away like Amir and Khaleel will rise like Zaheer.

  5. #165
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    8,973
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Khaleel is another name in the long list of trundlers we have produced, why is he bowling so slow? It is not like he is incapable of bowling 140+, his current style of bowling may pay dividends in SC but not in England where the WC will be played.
    May be Venkatesh Prasad paid a visit to Khaleel and taught him the advantages of bowling slow

  6. #166
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    8,973
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Both height and body mass. Shaheen looks stronger.

    But disagree on the pace part. Khaleel has shown higher peak pace than Shaheen at the moment. But to be honest i dont know about the average pace comparison of these two.
    Khaleel has world class facilities available now and diet will not be an issue. There should be no excuses for not bulking up a bit.
    Shaheen looked very frail during the U19 WC last year. But he surely has worked hard in the gym and you can see how his body responded.

  7. #167
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    7,724
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Shaheen will fade away like Amir and Khaleel will rise like Zaheer.
    How? Can you explain the similarities bw the two. I think both have bright careers ahead.

  8. #168
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,150
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    How? Can you explain the similarities bw the two. I think both have bright careers ahead.
    Bro, chill It's just a tactic to increase the number of pages.

    Speak something controversial and escape, the thread will change into Faheem vs Pandya.

    Speaking the truth, both are really good but, we'll see their worth at the world cup.

  9. #169
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    7,305
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shaheen looks physically stronger. Khaleel is a wiry kid who need to develop his upper body strength a bit more.It helps you when you want to push yousrelf.

  10. #170
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    27,884
    Mentioned
    1489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Let them play 18 months.

  11. #171
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    7,920
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    At this point it feels like Shaheen is thrown into the deep end and he is coming up aces. Khaleel has been a support bowler and has been doing a decent job. Shaheen is leading at this point

  12. #172
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    26,136
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shaheen looks good. Want to see more of Khaleel.

  13. #173
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,197
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Shaheen looks good. Want to see more of Khaleel.
    At this point, Shaheen seems to have greater potential. He is taking bucket loads of wickets on UAE pitches.

    Khaleel is a decent bowler who has potential. Can develop into a very good bowler if nurtured properly.

  14. #174
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    63
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shaheen is far ahead at the moment. He is on his way on becoming the bowling leader of the ODI side

  15. #175
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    8,908
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'd like to judge Shaheen once he has bowled in non-sub continent pitches. Need to see if he has the ability to swing which will truly make him a dangerous bowler in ODI and Test cricket. If he offers no swing then like Junaid and Aamir, he will eventually fade.


    Alexis Sanchez. Theo Walcott. Azhar Ali. Haris Sohail. Fawad Alam. Orochimaru.

  16. #176
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    4,768
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theo_14 View Post
    I'd like to judge Shaheen once he has bowled in non-sub continent pitches. Need to see if he has the ability to swing which will truly make him a dangerous bowler in ODI and Test cricket. If he offers no swing then like Junaid and Aamir, he will eventually fade.
    There will no be worse conditions for fast bowling than the UAE.

    He has exceptional height (Hasan lacks it), game awareness (Wahab never had), and the variation of the left-arm angle (always an added bonus because it is equally effective from either side of the wicket).

    The kid has followed his predecessors with a great start but it remains to be seen if he can maintain his initial burst.

  17. #177
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    4,173
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way too early to judge.

  18. #178
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,658
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Shaheen's stats may prove that he is better at this stage but we can't say much as of now.
    Khaleel is bowling on pattas, while shaheen is playing on low scoring uae pitches.
    Secondly
    Our U19 guys were able to thrash shaheen so i reserve my statement until shaheen plays outside UAE. As much as i have seen he doesn't move the ball much. He relies on pace variation.
    Hasan Ali and Trent Boult went at 7 an over today. They bowled on the same pitch.

  19. #179
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    8,908
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    There will no be worse conditions for fast bowling than the UAE.
    I know but if there is one thing I learned then its to take my time in judging players. We've had likes of Umar Akmal, Amir who made one hell of a impact but fell off dramatically - at one point they were potential world class. Hasan and Fakhar going through similar 'phase' too. We haven't had a consistent youngster come through the ranks in over a decade IMO.

    Shaheen just needs to do what he is doing now but for sure look to develop. His PR team seem on their game - hopefully a county contract can be secured.


    Alexis Sanchez. Theo Walcott. Azhar Ali. Haris Sohail. Fawad Alam. Orochimaru.

  20. #180
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,150
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khaleel bowling well at the death.

  21. #181
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    364
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khaleel is bowling beautifully, far ahead of Shaheen. He swings the ball and has a great Yorker.

  22. #182
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,150
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Khaleel bowling well at the death.
    Oops. Sorry

  23. #183
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    643
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mastersaan10 View Post
    Khaleel is bowling beautifully, far ahead of Shaheen. He swings the ball and has a great Yorker.
    And he gets tonked rofl

  24. #184
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    5,277
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mastersaan10 View Post
    Khaleel is bowling beautifully, far ahead of Shaheen. He swings the ball and has a great Yorker.
    may khaleel continue with the same form

    smash by newbie

  25. #185
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    7,920
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Gave away 23 runs in the last over

  26. #186
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,150
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fluke wicket for Afridi.

  27. #187
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    79
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Fluke wicket for Afridi.
    you are not watching the match boy

  28. #188
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    643
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Fluke wicket for Afridi.
    Not happening for this thread so far is it. I think our fans love fighting over mediocre cricketer's. Shaheen is ahead atm but let's see what future holds. By the way what's happening to those india u19 bowlers who outbowled Shaheen in world cup?? Looked great mavi and nagarkoti but have since dissapeared.

  29. #189
    Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    2,098
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Fluke wicket for Afridi.
    3rd rate bowlers like Afridi can not possibly keep the standard as high...Wutt a boller this Indian kiddo


    Best of The Best : Tendulkar - Wasim - Gilchrist

  30. #190
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    653
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmirilion View Post
    Not happening for this thread so far is it. I think our fans love fighting over mediocre cricketer's. Shaheen is ahead atm but let's see what future holds. By the way what's happening to those india u19 bowlers who outbowled Shaheen in world cup?? Looked great mavi and nagarkoti but have since dissapeared.
    Indian selection panel is one of the worst in history at the moment, they are sticking with only seniors, thankfully these young bowlers have IPL to perform and multi-crore salaries to fall back on. The World Cup 2019 team should have been filled with youngsters like Mavi, Nagarkoti and Batsmen like Shaw, Ishan Kishan, Sanju Samson etc.

  31. #191
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I can say with certainty at this point is that both these lads are growing far quicker than I expected them to. It's mighty impressive to see how much they have grown as bowlers in the handful of matches they have played so far.

  32. #192
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,150
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excited to see these two opening the bowling at the world cup, for their respective teams.

    This thread is going to be bumped a lot. Exciting times really, for the players and the fans.

  33. #193
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,150
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stats after both have played 6 ODIs.

    Wkts:
    KA: 11
    SA: 13

    Avg:
    KA: 24.00
    SA: 17.61

    Eco:
    KA: 5.07
    SA: 4.88

    SR:
    KA: 28.3
    SA: 21.6

    4fer/5fer:
    KA: 0/0
    SA: 2/0

  34. #194
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    4,173
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Stats after both have played 6 ODIs.

    Wkts:
    KA: 11
    SA: 13

    Avg:
    KA: 24.00
    SA: 17.61

    Eco:
    KA: 5.07
    SA: 4.88

    SR:
    KA: 28.3
    SA: 21.6

    4fer/5fer:
    KA: 0/0
    SA: 2/0
    Keep in mind the opposition so far as well:

    SSA: Afg, Bang, Ind, NZ, NZ, NZ (6 matches total)

    KA: HK, Afg, Wi, WI, WI, WI, WI (6 matches total)

    This makes SSA's start look even better compared to KA's.

    However it is early days, should reserve judgement until after the world cup. KA may well pull ahead.

  35. #195
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    599
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackanhyellow View Post
    Keep in mind the opposition so far as well:

    SSA: Afg, Bang, Ind, NZ, NZ, NZ (6 matches total)

    KA: HK, Afg, Wi, WI, WI, WI, WI (6 matches total)

    This makes SSA's start look even better compared to KA's.

    However it is early days, should reserve judgement until after the world cup. KA may well pull ahead.
    Need to also remember I think it was 5 or 6 dropped catches already off Afridi’s bowling.

  36. #196
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    7,920
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iPakistani View Post
    Need to also remember I think it was 5 or 6 dropped catches already off Afridi’s bowling.
    That didn't help Amir's case did it? If only Shadab caught that low catch of Rohit...

  37. #197
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    2,674
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    That didn't help Amir's case did it? If only Shadab caught that low catch of Rohit...
    He's talking about potential wickets for SA that were lost due to missed catches. Not crying over lost games.

  38. #198
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    13,761
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khaleel doesn't look anything special. Shaheen is much better at this stage, although we have to give them enough of a sample size to properly judge.

  39. #199
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,805
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you analyse the U19 WC game last year, Mavi, Porel and Nagarkotti outbowled Afridi who went for 61 runs in 10 overs. So we hv better bowlers than Afridi in domestics but selectors decided to give Khaleel a go who is clearly an inferior bowler.

    Reason - Well, we know why.

  40. #200
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    2,922
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    If you analyse the U19 WC game last year, Mavi, Porel and Nagarkotti outbowled Afridi who went for 61 runs in 10 overs. So we hv better bowlers than Afridi in domestics but selectors decided to give Khaleel a go who is clearly an inferior bowler.

    Reason - Well, we know why.
    Excellent logic. So Shaheen gave runs in one game make them other bowlers better then him. They say you learn something new everyday.


  41. #201
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    11,318
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    If you analyse the U19 WC game last year, Mavi, Porel and Nagarkotti outbowled Afridi who went for 61 runs in 10 overs. So we hv better bowlers than Afridi in domestics but selectors decided to give Khaleel a go who is clearly an inferior bowler.

    Reason - Well, we know why.
    Shaheen is playing for his national team whereas guys like Porel, Nagarkotti and Mavi are not even in team management's plans thanks to IPL legends like Thakur and Kaul who keep getting selected.

    In my opinion Shaheen is a better bowler at the moment. Also I don't know why Khaleel is bowling at 130-135k range. He used to bowl above 140k in domestic cricket.

  42. #202
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    11,318
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Excellent logic. So Shaheen gave runs in one game make them other bowlers better then him. They say you learn something new everyday.
    That logic also makes Anwar Ali the best bowler to set foot on earth.

  43. #203
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,244
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    If you analyse the U19 WC game last year, Mavi, Porel and Nagarkotti outbowled Afridi who went for 61 runs in 10 overs. So we hv better bowlers than Afridi in domestics but selectors decided to give Khaleel a go who is clearly an inferior bowler.

    Reason - Well, we know why.
    You can’t judge a player by his performance in one match. No doubt the Indian pacers are talented but you can’t say they are better than Shaheen based on one match.

  44. #204
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,805
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Shaheen is playing for his national team whereas guys like Porel, Nagarkotti and Mavi are not even in team management's plans thanks to IPL legends like Thakur and Kaul who keep getting selected.

    In my opinion Shaheen is a better bowler at the moment. Also I don't know why Khaleel is bowling at 130-135k range. He used to bowl above 140k in domestic cricket.
    Even Shaheen will play in PSL...that has nothing to do with the topic we are discussing here. Issue is not premier leagues, even Khaleel played for Delhi Daredevills. The problem is our national selectors are ignorant.

  45. #205
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    7,519
    Mentioned
    1275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    India have found the next Zaheer Khan in Khaleel Ahmed: Karsan Ghavri

    Aggression, guile and raw pace coupled with variety has made Khaleel Ahmed tick all the right boxes required for a genuine fast bowler. Ever since India sprung a surprise by introducing the prodigious left-arm pacer from the small town of Tonk in Rajasthan at the Asia Cup this year, Khaleel has shown good promise.

    In the Asia Cup this year, Khaleel snapped three wickets in his debut ODI against Hong Kong and added one more against Afghanistan in the Super Four stage. In six ODIs – two in the Asia Cup and four versus West Indies – he has claimed 11 wickets, while in the recently-concluded T20Is against the 20-year-old took three wickets.

    Being fast-tracked into the senior Indian side after impressing in white-ball cricket for India A speaks of Khaleel’s skill, believes former India left-arm pace bowler Karsan Ghavri.

    “Khaleel Ahmed is a bright prospect for India. He’s got good control of his line, length and has good accuracy. He’s been able to swing the ball with that kind of speed which is very important because pace is not everything. If Khaleel can generate speed and swing consistently, he’s even more dangerous,” Ghavri told CricketCountry. “He has got the ability to swing the ball both ways – the in-swinger, out-swinger – and he’s got a good bouncer and generates good speed. He’s a very versatile bowler and can do well for India provided he looks after his body and stays away from injuries.”

    India have been on the lookout for a genuine left-arm quick ever since Zaheer Khan retired in 2012. There have been a fe who have auditioned for the role – the likes of Saurashtra’s Jaydev Unadkat and Punjab’s Barinder Sran, mainly – but none could impress the way Khaleel has since since he marked his run-up in Dubai.

    With the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup next year, Khaleel looks to have entered the big stage at the right time and with his strong showing in the sub-continent, he looks an asset for next summer’s showpiece event in England.

    Ghavri, who bagged 109 wickets in 39 Tests, reckons India have found the next Zaheer. “Yes, to a certain extent. Zaheer Khan was a very good fast bowler for India. If somebody has taken more than 200 wickets [Zaheer took 282 wickets in 200 ODIs], he has to be good. After a long time after Zaheer Khan, India has found another good left-handed fast bowler,” the 67-year-old said.

    Khaleel’s next assignment is the series against Australia where he has been named in the T20I squad. Ghavri feels the move will not help the bowler flourish.

    “The T20 format is a totally different format altogether because the bowlers or the batsmen hardly get any time to settle down. For Khaleel, the real format for him is Test cricket or may be, even a 50-over game because there, you have a good chance of settling down,” he said.

    “In a T20 match, you just bowl four overs and hardly get time to settle down. If he gets himself in for a 50-over match or in Tests, it will be better for him. I am sure he will eventually get that spot, but he should be playing in the longer version of the game. Khaleel should have been named in the ODI squad and Test squad, rather than the T20I series. The team management should watch Khaleel perform in the 50-over game and if his performances are good, then automatically he graduates to Test cricket.”

    https://www.cricketcountry.com/artic...-ghavri-764630

  46. #206
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    793
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty even ATM.
    But shaheen will end up far better bowler than khaleel.
    Due to bowling culture in Pakistan

  47. #207
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    7,519
    Mentioned
    1275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Had I not played for India now, it would have been very late: Khaleel Ahmed

    Khaleel Ahmed the left-arm pacer, feels it has taken him longer than expected to live his dream of playing for India. As part of India’s 2016 Under-19 World Cup squad, the 20-year-old fast bowler from Tonk, Rajasthan had to wait over two years to be rewarded an India berth. In between, he was part of IPL franchise Delhi Daredevils but never played a game. Even for his state team of Rajasthan, Khaleel wasn’t a top preference.

    Finally, it was during the 2017-18 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy where Khaleel made a big impact, taking 17 wickets in ten games at an impressive economy rate of 6.76 runs per over and was subsequently named in India’s Asia Cup squad earlier in September.

    “If I had not played for India now, then it would have been very late. I fear at an older age, my body wouldn’t have been able to exert as much as I can now,” Khaleel told Times of India in an interview. “I couldn’t sleep during the Syed Mushtaq Ali tournament. I would check the clock all night and waited to get back on the field, bowling fast and taking wickets. I couldn’t let this opportunity go like I did in Ranji Trophy.”

    Known for working closely with former India fast bowler Zaheer Khan, Khaleel revealed watching his idol bowl in the nets for a big source of inspiration. “I worked on my bowling. I went to the NCA but there were no specialist bowling coaches. I had chats with Zaheer Khan at Daredevils but felt I shouldn’t be calling all the time. I observed him in the nets and tried to copy things in my hometown,” Khaleel said.

    Khaleel has since come a long way. Making his India debut during the Asia Cup, Khaleel picked up 3 for 48 against Hong Kong in a game where India were almost given a scare by the Associate nation. Then, in the final two ODIs against West Indies, Khaleel bowled two fabulous spells of 3 for 13 and 2 for 29. The kind of potential he has shown in such short time, Khaleel might as well have ended India’s search for the next premier left-arm seamer.

    Khaleel has received plenty of thoughts and advices, one of them coming from former Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar, who asked him to reduce his jump. “I did reduce my jump earlier to get the ball swinging in to the batsman. But Bharat Arun (India bowling coach) doesn’t force me to do things. He only works on those things which would suit my physique and ability. I am happy with that. I figured I had to increase my body mass to bowl consistently at pace, Khaleel said.

    “I bowled well during my U-19 days and even after that, I wasn’t getting wickets. I couldn’t figure out the right length. In my head, I marked the lengths Zaheer used to bowl and worked on it.”

    https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...l-ahmed-765015

  48. #208
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    2,674
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shaheen Shah has only played 2 FC matches so far. he'll be sitting on a bench in the nzl test series and will play in South Africa test series. But I fear he may get bogged down like Shadab because lack of 4 day cricket experience


    If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

  49. #209
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    11,318
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Finally, it was during the 2017-18 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy where Khaleel made a big impact, taking 17 wickets in ten games at an impressive economy rate of 6.76 runs per over and was subsequently named in India’s Asia Cup squad earlier in September.
    Contrary to what some fans here believe Khaeel is in the team because of his performances in domestic cricket.

  50. #210
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,805
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Contrary to what some fans here believe Khaeel is in the team because of his performances in domestic cricket.
    Mustaq Ali is a domestic T20 tournament and not first class/list A. IPL is 100 times better in quality than Mustaq Ali trophy. Hence he couldnt replicate his good Mustaq Ali form in IPL where he went for plenty.

  51. #211
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    7,920
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Mustaq Ali is a domestic T20 tournament and not first class/list A. IPL is 100 times better in quality than Mustaq Ali trophy. Hence he couldnt replicate his good Mustaq Ali form in IPL where he went for plenty.
    He keeps cribbing but it doesn't change the fact that IPL revolutionized Indian LOI teams

    "The focus on the New Zealand tour is more about four-day cricket and I think we are playing really good white ball cricket. I have seen this on the A tour over the last two-and-a-half years. We have been really competitive and building a very good bench strength. The IPL really helps in that department."

    The above comments are from Rahul Dravid of all people. And arm chair oldies think they know better.

    https://www.firstpost.com/firstcrick...a-5537821.html

  52. #212
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    11,318
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Mustaq Ali is a domestic T20 tournament and not first class/list A. IPL is 100 times better in quality than Mustaq Ali trophy. Hence he couldnt replicate his good Mustaq Ali form in IPL where he went for plenty.
    Last time I checked his stats he had only played 1 IPL match. So on what basis he became the product of IPL?

  53. #213
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    11,318
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    He keeps cribbing but it doesn't change the fact that IPL revolutionized Indian LOI teams
    Really? Aren't you the same guy who was blaming CSK and Mumbai Mafia for the current selection blunders in Indian LOI teams? Why is it so hard for some of you to remain consistent with your views?

  54. #214
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    7,920
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Really? Aren't you the same guy who was blaming CSK and Mumbai Mafia for the current selection blunders in Indian LOI teams? Why is it so hard for some of you to remain consistent with your views?
    Calling what it is is not changing views. IPL has changed the face of Indian cricket and I have always maintained that. The side affects are the cliques and gangs but it doesn't change the fact that Indian cricket went to the next level because of IPL.

  55. #215
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    11,318
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    Calling what it is is not changing views. IPL has changed the face of Indian cricket and I have always maintained that. The side affects are the cliques and gangs but it doesn't change the fact that Indian cricket went to the next level because of IPL.
    Read your post again and tell me where are you making any sense. The side effects you have mentioned are actually affecting the team balance and can cost India the world cup. It seems you are feeling like a rabbit caught in the headlights. On one hand you want to criticise mafia gangs that came into existence because of IPL on the other hand you also want to defend your beloved IPL.

    So when you criticise IPL gangs you are calling what it is but when others do it you have problems with it. Lol. Make up your mind.

  56. #216
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    7,920
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Read your post again and tell me where are you making any sense. The side effects you have mentioned are actually affecting the team balance and can cost India the world cup. It seems you are feeling like a rabbit caught in the headlights. On one hand you want to criticise mafia gangs that came into existence because of IPL on the other hand you also want to defend your beloved IPL.

    So when you criticise IPL gangs you are calling what it is but when others do it you have problems with it. Lol. Make up your mind.
    It's similar to this. We all love your countries but we criticize the things that aren't good in your country. I don't know how many posts I've written about the way IPL changed Indian teams. I had a few debates with you too about how players like Bumrah, Pandya were picked out of IPL without many domestic performances. And I remember one debate especially where I argued how IPL is the ultimate step for anyone trying to get into India LOI teams. We can criticize how the way it functions but we cannot deny the impact it had on LOI teams. You have always maintained that it's a pyjama league with no real benefits. I don't agree with that view.

  57. #217
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Last time I checked his stats he had only played 1 IPL match. So on what basis he became the product of IPL?
    Technically you are right. Khaleel has only played 1 IPL game so he shouldn't be considered an IPL product. But he also had not played enough domestic cricket in any format to be called up to the national side either.

    But the fact is also that Khaleel would never have been fast-tracked in the India A side if the DD scouts and (by extension) Zaheer Khan had not spotted him. So one can say that Khaleel wouldn't be in the Indian team today if it wasn't for the IPL. He might have gotten there 2-3 years later. But not this quickly.

    So there is some truth to what @Canford Cliffs is saying but I am of the opinion that the truth lies somewhere between.

    I believe what we are seeing today is a new process of talent management and succession where players with little FC experience are being fast-tracked to the national side but under the "A Team banner".

    So players like the Pandya bothers, Bumrah, Khaleel, Siraj are the first generation of "India A products".
    Last edited by the_outsider; 15th November 2018 at 22:03.

  58. #218
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    1,650
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    Khaleel seems like that Abu Hider kid from BD.
    Brother Khaleel has been trundling in both bowling and fielding today against Aus in 1st T20 match.

  59. #219
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    393
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khaleel is pretty average to be honest. No pace no exceptional height. The only reason he is getting the hype is because he is a left arm seamer and india did not had a left arm seamer for a long time.
    When you see Afridi bowling . You can see he has got the skills. He has pace , swing, height , yorker , slow ball and more importantly he is a very smart bowler

  60. #220
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,150
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KA showing SA as to how it's done.

  61. #221
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    2,482
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sweet lord! Is this thread going to be bumped every time one of them plays?

  62. #222
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    5,277
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    KA showing SA as to how it's done.
    17.6
    6
    Ahmed to McDermott, SIX runs, shot! High and long over deep midwicket. McDermott swung hard at a length ball and made great contact, there's a fielder on the boundary but the ball clears him easily
    17.5
    1b
    Ahmed to Tye, 1 bye, whoops! Pant lets it go through his legs to concede a bye, Bumrah mops up behind him. Tye had swung hard at a full ball and missed
    17.4
    2
    Ahmed to Tye, 2 runs, full and straight from Khaleel, Tye lines it up and lofts back over the bowler's head, the fielder on the straight boundary runs across to cut it off
    17.3
    4
    Ahmed to Tye, FOUR runs, edged and the ball beats the fielder at short third man for another boundary! Tye stayed back in his crease and drove at a full ball, Kohli watches with hands on hips
    17.2
    4
    Ahmed to Tye, FOUR runs, width outside off, on a short length, and Tye has room to free his arms and slap the ball off the back foot to the extra cover boundary
    17.2
    1w
    Ahmed to Tye, 1 wide, a bouncer that flies high above Tye's attempted hook, that's a wide for height because it's over the batsman's head
    17.1
    1
    Ahmed to McDermott, 1 run, a slower ball, forced through the leg side for a single

  63. #223
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,150
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khaleel shouldn't bowl at the death.

  64. #224
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    13,761
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khaleel looks really average. Shaheen himself needs to work on a few aspects of his bowling, but right now he looks far ahead of this Khaleel.

  65. #225
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    2,987
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khaleel was bowling with decent pace in Asia cup. Now posters are saying that his pace has gone down. Happens with too many Indian bowlers.

  66. #226
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    7,920
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    Khaleel was bowling with decent pace in Asia cup. Now posters are saying that his pace has gone down. Happens with too many Indian bowlers.
    We heard he was 145+. In Asia cup he was 135. In this series he is at 130. That's quite a steep fall.

  67. #227
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,197
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    17.6
    6
    Ahmed to McDermott, SIX runs, shot! High and long over deep midwicket. McDermott swung hard at a length ball and made great contact, there's a fielder on the boundary but the ball clears him easily
    17.5
    1b
    Ahmed to Tye, 1 bye, whoops! Pant lets it go through his legs to concede a bye, Bumrah mops up behind him. Tye had swung hard at a full ball and missed
    17.4
    2
    Ahmed to Tye, 2 runs, full and straight from Khaleel, Tye lines it up and lofts back over the bowler's head, the fielder on the straight boundary runs across to cut it off
    17.3
    4
    Ahmed to Tye, FOUR runs, edged and the ball beats the fielder at short third man for another boundary! Tye stayed back in his crease and drove at a full ball, Kohli watches with hands on hips
    17.2
    4
    Ahmed to Tye, FOUR runs, width outside off, on a short length, and Tye has room to free his arms and slap the ball off the back foot to the extra cover boundary
    17.2
    1w
    Ahmed to Tye, 1 wide, a bouncer that flies high above Tye's attempted hook, that's a wide for height because it's over the batsman's head
    17.1
    1
    Ahmed to McDermott, 1 run, a slower ball, forced through the leg side for a single
    That over was bowled with a wet ball when it was pouring at MCG.

  68. #228
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    7,724
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks like kid bowl well,he has to bowl in middle overs.

  69. #229
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    580
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Khaleed Ahmad has to learn a lot, and learn that fast, otherwise his international career will be over soon.

  70. #230
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    2,793
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread needs to be removed and thrown in the bad comparisons bin.

  71. #231
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    599
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khaleel would have got 0 wickets in this SA series. Delete this thread.

  72. #232
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    2,793
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iPakistani View Post
    Khaleel would have got 0 wickets in this SA series. Delete this thread.
    I think you are being too harsh.

  73. #233
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    599
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    I think you are being too harsh.
    Genuinely when he bowled the other day there wasn't pace, there wasn't the height factor there was no threat from him. Kind of like Amir, except Amir actually makes things happen sometimes.

  74. #234
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    11,318
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    What has happened to khaleel's speed?

  75. #235
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    2,679
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    What has happened to khaleel's speed?
    As slow as Dhoni. Add to that pathetic fielding and non existent batting. Makes Unadkat look like an AR

  76. #236
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    9,927
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaheen is too good a bowler and a well preserved fluke talent to have come from Pakistan in international cricket.

  77. #237
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    8,973
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Close this thread.

    Khaleel is not ready for international cricket. His bowling is mediocre. His batting is deplorable and fielding is even worse. I would rather have Siraj. He can at least smack a few big shots if needed and he can bowl in excess of 135k's.

    Khaleel is not good enough to be compared to Shaheen in any angle. Back to domestics.

    Avesh Khan is much better than Khaleel. Even Shivam Mavi is better than him.

  78. #238
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,150
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afridi getting fluke wickets. One umpires call and other down the leg side.

  79. #239
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,282
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think this comparison is as good as Rahul vs Babar

  80. #240
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    3,015
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is like Umar AKmal Vs Kohli thread...


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •