Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 1610
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    6,806
    Mentioned
    1265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    India vs Pakistan | 5th match | Asia Cup | Dubai | Sep 19, 2018 | Pakistan Innings

    India and Pakistan take on each other in the high voltage Group A clash later today. Both the teams have already played a game each against Hong Kong and by winning the same have qualified for the super 4 stage. The Asian cricket council has already announced the schedule of the Super 4 stage, so this game in the context of the tournament isn't of any bearing for both the teams.

    When India and Pakistan clash though, no game is a dead rubber and there is lots to play for both the sides. Pakistan would want to keep the advantage intact which they had gained with that stupendous Champions Trophy win last year and India would want to bury the ghost of that loss by beating the former. All in all this should be a cracker of a game and the fans would be thronging the stadium to catch a glimpse of their stars.

    Overview
    India v Pakistan
    Asia Cup, Group A
    Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
    Wednesday, 19 September, 3.30pm local time, 11.30am GMT


    Pakistan kept it straight and simple against Hong Kong, strolling to an eight-wicket win after bowling the opposition out for 116. India, on the other hand, had to battle hard against the same opponents before pulling off a 26-run victory. Passage to the Super Four secured, the two teams now face off at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium for points, bragging rights, and more in a rare fixture.

    With games on back-to-back days, India didn't play Hardik Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah and KL Rahul in the Hong Kong game, and will be tempted to draft them in against Pakistan. Who goes out, though, will be a tricky call to make, as Ambati Rayudu scored 60 in 70 balls from No.3, Dinesh Karthik hit 33 in 38, and Khaleel Ahmed, the debutant, was the best of the bowlers, returning 3/48. Shardul Thakur, perhaps, might have to make way after poor returns of none for 41 from four overs.

    Pakistan, meanwhile, seem to have all their bases covered. Their bowling attack looks outstanding with the likes of Usman Shinwari, who returned a three-wicket haul against Hong Kong, Mohammad Amir, Hasan Ali and Faheem Ashraf the fast men, and Shadab Khan handling the spin department. Their top order looks well-settled with the combination of exuberance and experience in Imam-ul-Haq, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam and Shoaib Malik.

    The last time these two sides met was in the final of the ICC Champions Trophy 2017 in England, where Pakistan stunned India by 180 runs. Zaman, who scored a century for Pakistan then, led the batting effort, and Amir then broke the spine of the Indian batting with a fiery spell early on. They are both very much in the mix, while India could well end up missing the rested Virat Kohli, in this game more than any other.

    From the Indian point of view, with his 120-ball 126 against Hong Kong, Shikhar Dhawan looks in fine form at the top of the batting order. The wrist-spin duo of Kuldeep Yadav and Yuzvendra Chahal, proven match-winners in the shorter formats of the game, will be vital to India's chances, while Rayudu, Karthik and Kedar Jadhav, if they play the game, will back themselves to score important runs.

    Key players

    Shikhar Dhawan (India): The left-hander has begun the Asia Cup with a century and has a reputation of coming good in multi-nation tournaments. With Sharma's tentative dismissals against the likes of Amir in the last few years, Dhawan will be vital to neutralising Pakistan's pace battery up front.

    Shoaib Malik (Pakistan): As opposed to his career average of 35.12 in one-day international cricket, Malik's performance rises significantly against India, with a batting average of 47.45, including four centuries. He will be the anchor of Pakistan's middle order and his calm will be crucial against the likes of Chahal and Yadav.

    Conditions

    The weather is expected to be hot and dry as usual through the day, with temperatures expected to be at around 37°C at the start of the match. The dry and slow pitch in Dubai will bring the spinners from both the sides into play.



    Teams:

    Pakistan (From): Imam-ul-Haq, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik, Sarfraz Ahmed(w/c), Asif Ali, Shadab Khan, Faheem Ashraf, Mohammad Amir, Hasan Ali, Usman Khan, Shan Masood, Haris Sohail, Mohammad Nawaz, Junaid Khan, Shaheen Afridi

    India (From): Rohit Sharma(c), Shikhar Dhawan, Ambati Rayudu, Dinesh Karthik, MS Dhoni(w), Kedar Jadhav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, K Khaleel Ahmed, Yuzvendra Chahal, Lokesh Rahul, Manish Pandey, Hardik Pandya, Axar Patel, Jasprit Bumrah
    Last edited by giri26; 19th September 2018 at 06:14.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    India and Pakistan take on each other in the high voltage Group A clash later today. Both the teams have already played a game each against Hong Kong and by winning the same have qualified for the super 4 stage. The Asian cricket council has already announced the schedule of the Super 4 stage, so this game in the context of the tournament isn't of any bearing for both the teams.

    When India and Pakistan clash though, no game is a dead rubber and there is lots to play for both the sides. Pakistan would want to keep the advantage intact which they had gained with that stupendous Champions Trophy win last year and India would want to bury the ghost of that loss by beating the former. All in all this should be a cracker of a game and the fans would be thronging the stadium to catch a glimpse of their stars.

    Teams:

    Pakistan (From): Imam-ul-Haq, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik, Sarfraz Ahmed(w/c), Asif Ali, Shadab Khan, Faheem Ashraf, Mohammad Amir, Hasan Ali, Usman Khan, Shan Masood, Haris Sohail, Mohammad Nawaz, Junaid Khan, Shaheen Afridi

    India (From): Rohit Sharma(c), Shikhar Dhawan, Ambati Rayudu, Dinesh Karthik, MS Dhoni(w), Kedar Jadhav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, K Khaleel Ahmed, Yuzvendra Chahal, Lokesh Rahul, Manish Pandey, Hardik Pandya, Axar Patel, Jasprit Bumrah
    congrats pak on winning . As an indian fan i feel this is worst one day batting team ever .

  3. #3
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    22,289
    Mentioned
    2547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to this one. Should be good.

  4. #4
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    18,287
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Let’s go


    "Our business is our business. None of your business" - Race 3

  5. #5
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    311
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pumped up for this one.Bring it on India

  6. #6
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    1,842
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's go Boys!!

  7. #7
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,680
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya Allah madad. Best of luck team Pakistan.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    23,251
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Can someone post India vs Pakistan head to head ODI results for :

    1) last 15 years

    2) last 10 years

    3) last 5 years.

    Just to put things into perspective of how poor Pakistan's record has been.

    Thanks

  9. #9
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    10,264
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to this. I really want to see Shaheen in action. Seeing it's a dead rubber, they should definitively play him.


    “It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

  10. #10
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    6,806
    Mentioned
    1265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    India v Pakistan ‘hype has an impact’ – Sarfraz Ahmed

    The players have been told to take the big-ticket fixture normally, but the buzz around it does have an effect, concedes Sarfraz Ahmed ahead of the game against India.

    Four matches are done at the Asia Cup 2018. In Group A, Pakistan first – comprehensively – and India then – less convincingly – have beaten Hong Kong to qualify for the Super Four stage.

    Next up is the big game: India v Pakistan. They haven’t played each other since the final of the ICC Champions Trophy 2017, which Pakistan won by a whopping 180 runs, and the sense of anticipation around this game, to be played in Dubai on Wednesday, 19 September, is immense.

    “There's always pressure in India-Pakistan games. We've told our players, not just this game, consider every match as an India-Pakistan game if you want to win the event,” said Ahmed, the Pakistan captain.

    “There's pressure, but we're trying to not let it affect us, and perform well.”

    Try as they might, the Pakistan players – and the Indians too, of course – can’t escape the hype around the game.

    “As players, we take India-Pakistan match very normally, but when the match comes up, the sort of hype that's created – TV channels discuss it, there are small programmes on social media – so the hype has an impact,” conceded Ahmed.

    “But the players are told that whenever there's an India-Pakistan match, you will try and play like you play any other game.”

    Despite all the talk of keeping things balanced and normal, the players do feel that extra something when they come up against the traditional rivals, Ahmed admitted.

    https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/853304

  11. #11
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    1,842
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    Looking forward to this. I really want to see Shaheen in action. Seeing it's a dead rubber, they should definitively play him.
    Can Admins please delete such posts?

    Dead rubber.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    14,701
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan will trounce all over India.

    If India can't even beat Hong Kong easily, what in the God's good world they have a chance of beating Pakistan, the hands on favorite to win the Asia Cup?

    Barring a miracle from Hindu God Shiva, Pakistan to win.


    And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

  13. #13
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    18,287
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Only gonna get 5 hours of sleep. It’s at 7 30 am


    "Our business is our business. None of your business" - Race 3

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    14,254
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Can someone post India vs Pakistan head to head ODI results for :

    1) last 15 years

    2) last 10 years

    3) last 5 years.

    Just to put things into perspective of how poor Pakistan's record has been.

    Thanks
    1) last 15 years

    Pakistan 21
    India 22

    2) last 10 years

    Pakistan 7
    India 9

    3) last 5 years.

    Pakistan 2
    India 3

  15. #15
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    23,251
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Cronie View Post
    1) last 15 years

    Pakistan 21
    India 22

    2) last 10 years

    Pakistan 7
    India 9

    3) last 5 years.

    Pakistan 2
    India 3
    Thank you so much.

    I cant see India's domination of Pakistan here who everyone seems to talk about. Its pretty much even stevens. Does this "domination" mean that India has (for the first time in its history) competed well against Pakistan on an equal footing?

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    798
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Thank you so much.

    I cant see India's domination of Pakistan here who everyone seems to talk about. Its pretty much even stevens. Does this "domination" mean that India has (for the first time in its history) competed well against Pakistan on an equal footing?
    Savage!

  17. #17
    Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    U.K
    Runs
    273
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What channel is it being broadcasted in u.k?

  18. #18
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    11,915
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck to the boys in green.

    Pakistan will win today,Sunday and next Friday too,if India reaches the final iA

  19. #19
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    225
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Cronie View Post
    1) last 15 years

    Pakistan 21
    India 22

    2) last 10 years

    Pakistan 7
    India 9

    3) last 5 years.

    Pakistan 2
    India 3
    It has seemed a lot more one sided in recent years in favour of India. Really surprised how close it is considering we’ve been the worst we’ve ever been in our history and India supposedly the best they’ve ever been.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    12,737
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The vibe in the UAE is crazy. It seems this match up defines the Asia Cup, and the other teams are here to twiddle thumbs.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    1,059
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a chance to measure how they gonna perform without Kohli in this tournment. But from yesterday's match it seems India are to dependent on Kohli. If anything happens to him ahead of WC then India will be in a trouble. For today's match there will be 65-35 chance of loosing India against Pak.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    18,587
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sunday there is another Pakistan India game . 2 clashes in one week hmmmm


    New Era of Team Pakistan

  23. #23
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    2,502
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Thank you so much.

    I cant see India's domination of Pakistan here who everyone seems to talk about. Its pretty much even stevens. Does this "domination" mean that India has (for the first time in its history) competed well against Pakistan on an equal footing?
    Remember Sourav Ganguly braggibg about it before the champions trophy final that India Pakistan rivalry has lost its sheen in the last couple of years and how pakistan is no match to India currently, "India Pakistan is not even a competition now" he said..


    When in Doubt- Act Stupid....... That's Pakistan Cricket for you.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    2,550
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Thank you so much.

    I cant see India's domination of Pakistan here who everyone seems to talk about. Its pretty much even stevens. Does this "domination" mean that India has (for the first time in its history) competed well against Pakistan on an equal footing?
    It is bilaterals where you can rack up stats with more margins! Not with occasional meeting where either team not knowing much about each other's strengths & weaknesses! If these two teams played continuous bilaterals during this period, I am sure you would got the evidence of dominance! Hence the more significant analysis which comes into picture here is their overall record against all teams during this period assuming that both teams played equal share of strong & weaker opponents (I know Pakistan have preferred more weaker opponents & played their full strength team in those!)

    If you are still bothered about dominance, then you have the famous overall World Cup streak which shows whats your score! I know you will take up the stats according to your convenience and do the chest-thumping!

  25. #25
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    10,264
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendAli View Post
    Can Admins please delete such posts?

    Dead rubber.
    Well, what else is it? Just stating the facts, we are already through to the next round, this game has no consequence on anything apart from confidence and momentum. I am not saying this game isn't important, but we can still afford to give someone like Shaheen.


    “It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

  26. #26
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    23,251
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    It is bilaterals where you can rack up stats with more margins! Not with occasional meeting where either team not knowing much about each other's strengths & weaknesses! If these two teams played continuous bilaterals during this period, I am sure you would got the evidence of dominance! Hence the more significant analysis which comes into picture here is their overall record against all teams during this period assuming that both teams played equal share of strong & weaker opponents (I know Pakistan have preferred more weaker opponents & played their full strength team in those!)

    If you are still bothered about dominance, then you have the famous overall World Cup streak which shows whats your score! I know you will take up the stats according to your convenience and do the chest-thumping!
    Yes and we should also look at what the direction of wind and position of stars was in previous 10 years. Because the head to head stats between 2 teams arent enough to tell us that there was nothing like domination. Yes India has had a slight upper hand as the H2H stats suggest but thats about it. What do we have to do with how India and Pakistan fared against other teams in this period? Thats just clutching af straws to prove something that isnt there. The only thing this record tells any sane person is that Pakistan has not dominated India like it traditionally has. Thats about it.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    23,211
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    It is bilaterals where you can rack up stats with more margins! Not with occasional meeting where either team not knowing much about each other's strengths & weaknesses! If these two teams played continuous bilaterals during this period, I am sure you would got the evidence of dominance! Hence the more significant analysis which comes into picture here is their overall record against all teams during this period assuming that both teams played equal share of strong & weaker opponents (I know Pakistan have preferred more weaker opponents & played their full strength team in those!)

    If you are still bothered about dominance, then you have the famous overall World Cup streak which shows whats your score! I know you will take up the stats according to your convenience and do the chest-thumping!
    75-53? isn't that what you call dominance? as for the world cup lol , only two matches mattered, the rest can be classed as meaningless in the wider scheme of things..

    by the way how many finals have India won against Pakistan? I mean surely a final is a meaningful match?

  28. #28
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    23,251
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaaik View Post
    Remember Sourav Ganguly braggibg about it before the champions trophy final that India Pakistan rivalry has lost its sheen in the last couple of years and how pakistan is no match to India currently, "India Pakistan is not even a competition now" he said..
    Ganguly likes to elevate Indian teams to the level of great Aussies. I remember once he was trying to cook up some imaginary rivalry between Indians and Aussies few years ago.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    23,211
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ik92yk09sa17 View Post
    It has seemed a lot more one sided in recent years in favour of India. Really surprised how close it is considering we’ve been the worst we’ve ever been in our history and India supposedly the best they’ve ever been.
    when our team is on, they are no match for us..its simply historical fact..their best team in a generation got hammered at home (4-1) by a not so great Pakistan 11 that had rana naveed, sami and rana iftikhar in the attack..

  30. #30
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,680
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Thank you so much.

    I cant see India's domination of Pakistan here who everyone seems to talk about. Its pretty much even stevens. Does this "domination" mean that India has (for the first time in its history) competed well against Pakistan on an equal footing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ik92yk09sa17 View Post
    It has seemed a lot more one sided in recent years in favour of India. Really surprised how close it is considering we’ve been the worst we’ve ever been in our history and India supposedly the best they’ve ever been.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaaik View Post
    Remember Sourav Ganguly braggibg about it before the champions trophy final that India Pakistan rivalry has lost its sheen in the last couple of years and how pakistan is no match to India currently, "India Pakistan is not even a competition now" he said..
    You my friends are witnessing the power of the Indian propaganda machine and their online army! If one does not looks at the stats, the poor souls would be thinking that Indian has dominated Pakistan. It kills them to know that even in their so called golden period, they have not been able to dominate Pakistan where Pakistan has dominated them their whole cricketing life. Its a matter of embarrassment for them which they try to hide by never mentioning or discounting the H2H record using frivolous reasoning and have stopped mentioning the since 2000 filter as well.

    That is what happens when you make such big claims but the reality is different.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    1,915
    Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope India plays Khaleel in place of Kumar because Fakhar is generally more comfortable against left arm bowlers.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    803
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  33. #33
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    803
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't happen often, but Indian bowling looks more potent than Indian batting!

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    1,167
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan has to win this game. Even though they are not strong in spin department. Pakistan have much more advantages than India.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,945
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir 10-0-77-0
    Usman 10-0-81-0
    Faheem 10-0-99-0
    Hassan 10-0-87-1
    Shadab 10-0-91-2

    India

    447-4

    Rohit 237*
    Pandya 121*

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    1,167
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Amir 10-0-77-0
    Usman 10-0-81-0
    Faheem 10-0-99-0
    Hassan 10-0-87-1
    Shadab 10-0-91-2

    India

    447-4

    Rohit 237*
    Pandya 121*
    Always love these fictional scorecards

  37. #37
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    23,211
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Amir 10-0-77-0
    Usman 10-0-81-0
    Faheem 10-0-99-0
    Hassan 10-0-87-1
    Shadab 10-0-91-2

    India

    447-4

    Rohit 237*
    Pandya 121*
    thats the spirit..tired of indian fans downplaying their team..

    on another note I'm treating this like a fun bilateral match..the outcome is not that important but the performance is..

  38. #38
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,680
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on BLUE ARMYYY!!! @Varun @freelance_cricketer @Mamoon @cricketjoshila @the_outsider @Itachi @Balthazar @Mr Q. @AmachiMumbaikar @TM Riddle etc.

    Time to show your support to the Australia of 2000s, KL Rahul the next Bradman, best ODI bowling line up, and the best batsmen in the world.

    COME ON LADS!

  39. #39
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    12,737
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Come on BLUE ARMYYY!!! @Varun @freelance_cricketer @Mamoon @cricketjoshila @the_outsider @Itachi @Balthazar @Mr Q. @AmachiMumbaikar @TM Riddle etc.

    Time to show your support to the Australia of 2000s, KL Rahul the next Bradman, best ODI bowling line up, and the best batsmen in the world.

    COME ON LADS!
    The support will be shown after the match, if India somehow manages to beat Pakistan tonight. These lads don’t have the heart to stick around when the going is tough.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    2,550
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    75-53? isn't that what you call dominance? as for the world cup lol , only two matches mattered, the rest can be classed as meaningless in the wider scheme of things..

    by the way how many finals have India won against Pakistan? I mean surely a final is a meaningful match?
    You didn't read the post clearly. It is the dominance (or rather record) against other teams in the same period (last 15 years).

    Meaningful games are finals of 6 Asia Cups, 2 World Cups, 2+ CT triumps, 1 T20 WC... Meaningful doesn't mean victory against a certain team (Pakistan in this case!)

    Regarding 75-53, you have booked a ticket to train that WI have passed half the voyage! Future doesn't look too bright, while you dream of the past glory!

  41. #41
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    2,550
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Yes and we should also look at what the direction of wind and position of stars was in previous 10 years. Because the head to head stats between 2 teams arent enough to tell us that there was nothing like domination. Yes India has had a slight upper hand as the H2H stats suggest but thats about it. What do we have to do with how India and Pakistan fared against other teams in this period? Thats just clutching af straws to prove something that isnt there. The only thing this record tells any sane person is that Pakistan has not dominated India like it traditionally has. Thats about it.
    If Australia & NZ had only faced in ICC matches or other rare matches and not played any bilaterals, you would have seen same kind of equilibrium! It is easier to work out & prepare on a particular match (like NZ won against Australia in WC league match!) It is the bilaterals which will expose the overall team! And yes you will bring up some odd series that Pak won in India last time at home!

  42. #42
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    225
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    You didn't read the post clearly. It is the dominance (or rather record) against other teams in the same period (last 15 years).

    Meaningful games are finals of 6 Asia Cups, 2 World Cups, 2+ CT triumps, 1 T20 WC... Meaningful doesn't mean victory against a certain team (Pakistan in this case!)

    Regarding 75-53, you have booked a ticket to train that WI have passed half the voyage! Future doesn't look too bright, while you dream of the past glory!
    Every Pak v India is important so to disregard the head to head is nonsense.

    Its not our fault we haven’t played, we’ve invited you to play but your team has been to scared to play.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    225
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    If Australia & NZ had only faced in ICC matches or other rare matches and not played any bilaterals, you would have seen same kind of equilibrium! It is easier to work out & prepare on a particular match (like NZ won against Australia in WC league match!) It is the bilaterals which will expose the overall team! And yes you will bring up some odd series that Pak won in India last time at home!
    Finally an Indian that values h2h over one off matches like ICC events - We know we’ve dominated you throughout cricketing history

  44. #44
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    23,251
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    If Australia & NZ had only faced in ICC matches or other rare matches and not played any bilaterals, you would have seen same kind of equilibrium! It is easier to work out & prepare on a particular match (like NZ won against Australia in WC league match!) It is the bilaterals which will expose the overall team! And yes you will bring up some odd series that Pak won in India last time at home!
    Okay. Just what i thought. Even you agree that there was no domination (whatever the reasons).

    Basically your points :

    1) H2H records are misleading because India and Pakistan have not played enough bilaterals.

    2) If Pakistan and India have played a bilateral ODI series which Pakistan had won, then it should be ignored because its just an "odd series" which doesnt prove anything.

    3) we shouldnt see how India and Pakistan fared against each other. Rather we should see how they fared against other teams in this period so that we get an idea of how India dominated Pakistan.

    4) but no, only India's record against other teams should be seen because Pakistan has mostly played against minnows and their record doesnt count.

    Uhmmm okay.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,680
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Okay. Just what i thought. Even you agree that there was no domination (whatever the reasons).

    Basically your points :

    1) H2H records are misleading because India and Pakistan have not played enough bilaterals.

    2) If Pakistan and India have played a bilateral ODI series which Pakistan had won, then it should be ignored because its just an "odd series" which doesnt prove anything.

    3) we shouldnt see how India and Pakistan fared against each other. Rather we should see how they fared against other teams in this period so that we get an idea of how India dominated Pakistan.

    4) but no, only India's record against other teams should be seen because Pakistan has mostly played against minnows and their record doesnt count.

    Uhmmm okay.
    Dude what did you eat for lunch? You are crushing them. Ouch.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Sep 2009
    Venue
    Great Pakistan
    Runs
    20,129
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Amir 10-0-77-0
    Usman 10-0-81-0
    Faheem 10-0-99-0
    Hassan 10-0-87-1
    Shadab 10-0-91-2

    India

    447-4

    Rohit 237*
    Pandya 121*
    Pakistan 450-0

    Fakhar 400*
    Imam 50*

  47. #47
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    2,550
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    If Australia & NZ had only faced in ICC matches or other rare matches and not played any bilaterals, you would have seen same kind of equilibrium! It is easier to work out & prepare on a particular match (like NZ won against Australia in WC league match!) It is the bilaterals which will expose the overall team! And yes you will bring up some odd series that Pak won in India last time at home!
    See now again Pakistan are encountering a relatively weaker Indian team. If India had to play Pakistan in a proper bilateral series, I am sure they would planned a proper team regardless of the outcome. I won't say they would have beaten Pakistan comprehensively, but at least it would have gone according to merits! Like how India is doing better against WI (lesser ranked team like Pak) both home & away but lost to them in T20 WC semis!

  48. #48
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    1,883
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Amir 10-0-77-0
    Usman 10-0-81-0
    Faheem 10-0-99-0
    Hassan 10-0-87-1
    Shadab 10-0-91-2

    India

    447-4

    Rohit 237*
    Pandya 121*

    Kumar 10-0-89-0
    Bumrah 10-0-107-1
    Pandya 4-0-123-0
    Chahal 6-0-38-0
    Kuldeep 10-0-88-0
    Jadhav 2-0-5-0


    Fakhar 250*
    Babar 200*

    Pakistan 450/1 (42 overs)

  49. #49
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    1,883
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imshally81 View Post
    Pakistan 450-0

    Fakhar 400*
    Imam 50*
    That would be legendary if it happened

    Justified selection

  50. #50
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    5,102
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I the only one tempted to play Nawaz today?

    On non-spinning tracks he is a dud, but UAE tracks tend to suit quicker spinners (like him) and he has a good record in the UAE.

    I just wish we had Zafar...

  51. #51
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    225
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you cast Hotstar to the TV through android or iPhone? Really appreciate a quick response before I subscribe...

  52. #52
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,680
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ik92yk09sa17 View Post
    Can you cast Hotstar to the TV through android or iPhone? Really appreciate a quick response before I subscribe...
    Using chrome cast, yes, apparently.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    225
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Using chrome cast, yes, apparently.
    Cheers bro - both iPhone and android?

  54. #54
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    2,550
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ik92yk09sa17 View Post
    Finally an Indian that values h2h over one off matches like ICC events - We know we’ve dominated you throughout cricketing history
    Hahaha, you can't relate Pakistan to Australia like that! Pakistan has not dominated ICC trophies like Australia, it is India who has done better in that! While I agree India has not dominated bilaterals like Australia! So you can't make absolute comparisons like that, it is just selective comparisons like I have made! Too much chest-thumping takes you nowhere, as I have said time and again, the future looks bleak like WI... Nobody apart from Indian PP'ers see this chest-thumping of Pakistanis!

  55. #55
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,680
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ik92yk09sa17 View Post
    Cheers bro - both iPhone and android?
    Might want to read this link: https://www.quora.com/Will-hotstar-a...ort-chromecast

  56. #56
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,090
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hyped as hell


  57. #57
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    225
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers bro - I’m going to give it a ago

  58. #58
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    5,102
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ik92yk09sa17 View Post
    Can you cast Hotstar to the TV through android or iPhone? Really appreciate a quick response before I subscribe...
    Cast it through your laptop using a chromecast.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    225
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Cast it through your laptop using a chromecast.
    Cheers brother

  60. #60
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    delhi
    Runs
    280
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only rain can save us ! Stupid selectors and their obsession with Jurassic Players

  61. #61
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,680
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dhawan is the cringiest Indian player.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,680
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaheen shah is going to be a marketing blockbuster once he establishes himself in the team. He is a marketer's dream!

  63. #63
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    8,722
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have a feeling Nawaz may play.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    14,701
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Asia Cup is a useless tournament.

    But if Pakistan and India both somehow make the final, it would make the final more thrilling than Bangladesh vs PK.

    I don't have much hope from India though.

    They look like they are just here to make up numbers and that they are sorry for having to play because BCCI wanted them to show up.


    And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

  65. #65
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    23,251
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Dhawan is the cringiest Indian player.
    Yes. But i fear only one player from this Indian line up. KL Rahul. He is the only one with the ability to score a 50 ball 100. Hope today isnt the day when he gets going.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    531
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is hyp that dhoni might be rested

  67. #67
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    8,722
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    The Asia Cup is a useless tournament.

    But if Pakistan and India both somehow make the final, it would make the final more thrilling than Bangladesh vs PK.

    I don't have much hope from India though.

    They look like they are just here to make up numbers and that they are sorry for having to play because BCCI wanted them to show up.
    Good to see you still posting doc.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    23,251
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    The Asia Cup is a useless tournament.

    But if Pakistan and India both somehow make the final, it would make the final more thrilling than Bangladesh vs PK.

    I don't have much hope from India though.

    They look like they are just here to make up numbers and that they are sorry for having to play because BCCI wanted them to show up.
    You seem optimistic today.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,680
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theo_14 View Post
    Have a feeling Nawaz may play.
    May Allah prove your feeling wrong. Ameen.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,680
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    The Asia Cup is a useless tournament.

    But if Pakistan and India both somehow make the final, it would make the final more thrilling than Bangladesh vs PK.

    I don't have much hope from India though.

    They look like they are just here to make up numbers and that they are sorry for having to play because BCCI wanted them to show up.
    Stop with the hyperbole please.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    14,701
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    You seem optimistic today.
    Our team is good and that's why I am fine.

    When our team was awful and people wanted me to paint pictures like Picasso, I would refuse to paint them.

    Which is why I often got called out for being pessimistic.

    People like to believe good things can happen even though it's impossible to polish a **** into a diamond no matter how many times you polish it.


    And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

  72. #72
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    23,251
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    Our team is good and that's why I am fine.

    When our team was awful and people wanted me to paint pictures like Picasso, I would refuse to paint them.

    Which is why I often got called out for being pessimistic.

    People like to believe good things can happen even though it's impossible to polish a **** into a diamond no matter how many times you polish it.
    Niceeeee. Feeling confident myself today. Weird feeling. Pehli baar hai na

  73. #73
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    1,167
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkyawar View Post
    there is hyp that dhoni might be rested
    Hmm. Will be quite a match without Kohli and Dhoni.


    If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    1,596
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Thank you so much.

    I cant see India's domination of Pakistan here who everyone seems to talk about. Its pretty much even stevens. Does this "domination" mean that India has (for the first time in its history) competed well against Pakistan on an equal footing?
    LOL wow....you pretty much burnt them down.

    But anyway, this rivalry requires each match to be taken on its own rivalry and India have some real fire power with Dhawan, Rohit and Pandya.

    I believe Pak need to bat first if they win the toss, set a score of between 240-280 (300+ scores dont happen often in the UAE) and then bowl out of their skins.

    The side Id pick:

    Zaman
    Imam
    Babar
    Malik
    Asif Ali
    Sarfraz wk/c
    Shadab
    Faheem
    Nawaz
    Hasan
    Junaid

    Amir can be afforded a rest, I think goin in with Nawaz and Shadab bowling 10 each with Malik doing his share adds some balance.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    14,701
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Niceeeee. Feeling confident myself today. Weird feeling. Pehli baar hai na
    Yes its quite surprising.

    I think the last time I felt this confident was way back when Nasir Jamshed was discovered (we all know that his fluke with the bat did not last long).

    But our Malik seems to love playing India so it gives us hope.


    And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

  76. #76
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,680
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    Yes its quite surprising.

    I think the last time I felt this confident was way back when Nasir Jamshed was discovered (we all know that his fluke with the bat did not last long).

    But our Malik seems to love playing India so it gives us hope.
    Have your predictions ever come right?

  77. #77
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    11,915
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toss time!

  78. #78
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    9,198
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello guys, with the match about to begin, I am pumped up as well with drinks and chips besides my corner.

    A humiliation on the corner for Pakistan now. No two-faces anymore, let us come to real deal.

    Expecting Sharmaji to Smash Amir all round the ground. The first one sailing all the way to Sydney, the other one sailing to Lords. And if somehow Amir shows guts to bowl the third one, then there is a catching to be done for guys in Johannesburg as well. However, expect the winning six to sail all the way to Sharma's hometown Mumbai.

    Bring it on!

  79. #79
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    14,701
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cricinfo saying Amir has an average of 40 since Champions Trophy.

    But I like to think "he creates pressure so that other bowlers can wickets."


    And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

  80. #80
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    11,915
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan have won the toss and elected to bat first.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •