Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Pakistan, Saudi Arabia strike $10 billion deal, claims PTI leader Usman Dar

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Central Deputy Secretary General Usman Dar has claimed that Prime Minister Imran Khan’s government has struck $10 billion deal with Saudi Arabia.

He took to Twitter to make tall claim, saying, “Owing to vigorous policies of PM Imran Khan and his team, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia struck an agreement worth $10 billion one month after forming the government.”

He was optimistic that Pakistan will be pulled out of worst economic crisis very soon.

Earlier, Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry said that Saudi Arabia will be joining China Pakistan Economic Corridor as third ‘Strategic Partner’.

He said Pakistan has invited Saudi Arabia to join CPEC as the 3rd strategic partner. “Saudi Arabia is the third country which has been invited to join CPEC.”

He said Saudi participation in this mega project will ensure huge investment in Pakistan through this platform.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/37...ader-usman-dar

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Faisal Vawda was saying the exact same thing on the Hamid Mir Show. Apparantly the Saudis will give Pakistan $10 billion interest free to store in their account. The catch is that Pakistan can't spend that money, and the sole purpose is to boost the forex reserves, and get the economy running again.

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and in return Nawaz Sharif gets released? I hope those rumours aren’t true.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boi View Post
    and in return Nawaz Sharif gets released? I hope those rumours aren’t true.
    On the contrary, it shows the self confidence of the mighty Khan. He doesn't fear the release of Sharif and has secured an interest free loan from a long standing and trustworthy ally in the process.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    in exchange for Saudi investing in Gwadar and help in diversifiying their economy by concentrating on refining and other downstream industries. Also we will continue to provide cover for the country by stationing our troops there and continuing our nuclear umbrella support. They will also look to support us behind the scenes with their other allies.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stunning deal.

Imran Khan Zindabad.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KSA setting up an oil refinery at Gwadar. Amazing if this could actually happen.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaaik View Post
    KSA setting up an oil refinery at Gwadar. Amazing if this could actually happen.
    Where's this new from? I don't see it anywhere online and sounds too good to be true tbh.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fawad Chaudry said Saudi Arab & UAE delegation will visit Pakistan in October to make strategic partnership deals.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pak is bringing Saudi in the CPEC team that will further light a fire under we know who . It is a good and clever movie. More important then anything is to bring back Sharif's wealth. It'll be good if we have done a $10 billion deal with them.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsha View Post
    Where's this new from? I don't see it anywhere online and sounds too good to be true tbh.
    I read it in one of the main newspapers yesterday, can't remember which. I will put it here if I find it.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a developing story and would come out soon In sha Allah. I know it's too good to be true but I m hoping it turns out to be true ..

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribune...rabia/%3famp=1

It’s a work in process thing. Not finalized yet.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent, showing how it's done.

Debut
    May 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did IK talk about the plight of the Yemenies and their suffuring. Yea real good job give some of CPEC away for $$$

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willegg View Post
    Did IK talk about the plight of the Yemenies and their suffuring. Yea real good job give some of CPEC away for $$$
    So does America talk to China about suffering of Chinese in Western China? I am not a fan of Saudi but Pak needs to make deals that benefit them not play world police

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope this does not mean we will be pressurised into officially joining coalition v Yemen.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loralai View Post
    I hope this does not mean we will be pressurised into officially joining coalition v Yemen.
    Hugely unlikely. 1) Aren't really required. 2) If Houthi's attack Saudi, then we may possibly see Pakistani involvement.

Gonna look on the bright side and hope this means we won't require another IMF bailout.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loralai View Post
    I highly doubt Pakistan will be joining the anti-Yemen coalition, we simply can't afford to alienate Iran. It is not like this is a one sided deal either, Saudi Arabia are seriously looking for ways to diversify their economy away from oil, so they have something to gain out of this too.

In any case, there are going to be moral issues when we take loans from ANYONE:

-Saudi Arabia and their inhumane war against Yemen, their sponsoring of extremism all over the world, proxy war with Iran that has destabilized the Middle East.

-IMF/US and their policy of worldwide wars, regime changes, and imperialism.

-China and their inhumane treatment of Uighurs, and their policy of being "loan sharks".

-EU, and their sucking up to America, being a part of NATO, which attacks Syria every now and then.

-Iran and their proxy war with Saudi Arabia that has destabilized the Middle East, their borderline imperialist policies in Iraq, and even in other neighbouring countries like Lebanon, Armenia, Yemen, and Syria. (not that they can give loans, but hypothetically speaking).

If we rule out every country which we have moral problems with, then the only countries left will be the likes of New Zealand, Scandinavian countries, and even Canada. None of these countries would give us loans, nor are they in the position to.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    May 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    I highly doubt Pakistan will be joining the anti-Yemen coalition, we simply can't afford to alienate Iran. It is not like this is a one sided deal either, Saudi Arabia are seriously looking for ways to diversify their economy away from oil, so they have something to gain out of this too.

In any case, there are going to be moral issues when we take loans from ANYONE:

-Saudi Arabia and their inhumane war against Yemen, their sponsoring of extremism all over the world, proxy war with Iran that has destabilized the Middle East.

-IMF/US and their policy of worldwide wars, regime changes, and imperialism.

-China and their inhumane treatment of Uighurs, and their policy of being "loan sharks".

-EU, and their sucking up to America, being a part of NATO, which attacks Syria every now and then.

-Iran and their proxy war with Saudi Arabia that has destabilized the Middle East, their borderline imperialist policies in Iraq, and even in other neighbouring countries like Lebanon, Armenia, Yemen, and Syria. (not that they can give loans, but hypothetically speaking).

If we rule out every country which we have moral problems with, then the only countries left will be the likes of New Zealand, Scandinavian countries, and even Canada. None of these countries would give us loans, nor are they in the position to.
    So it's all about money. That's sad. Lets forget about the human suffering (muslim). But his more than happy to present the Pakistan Army to defend the Saudies. If he had even mentioned Yemen, the Saudi's would have booted him out that is the reality. People say its politics. No way Islam is a way of life and politics fits within Islam not the other way round.

Anyway today, "Minister for Finance, Revenue and Economic Affairs Asad Umar has rebuffed PTI leader Usman Dar’s claim that Pakistan and Saudi Arabia struck a $10 billion deal during Prime Minister Imran Khan’s recent trip to the Kingdom." Read more here "https://arynews.tv/en/asad-umar-10bn-deal-saudi-arabia/"

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it's all about money. That's sad. Lets forget about the human suffering (muslim). But his more than happy to present the Pakistan Army to defend the Saudies. If he had even mentioned Yemen, the Saudi's would have booted him out that is the reality. People say its politics. No way Islam is a way of life and politics fits within Islam not the other way round.

Anyway today, "Minister for Finance, Revenue and Economic Affairs Asad Umar has rebuffed PTI leader Usman Dar’s claim that Pakistan and Saudi Arabia struck a $10 billion deal during Prime Minister Imran Khan’s recent trip to the Kingdom." Read more here "https://arynews.tv/en/asad-umar-10bn-deal-saudi-arabia/"
    He rebuffed that $10 billion figures as nothing has been signed yet. He did say Saudis will make massive investments.