Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He has good temperament which must be appreciated but he has a glaring flaw; he can be bogged down. All good teams will exploit this, even Bangladesh is exploiting it right now. The pressure has just resulted in him attempting 2 high risk shots

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    He is holding the innings together at the moment and has given his team a chance when all seemed lost and when the other so-called big names in our batting line-up had failed.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Kagiso Rabada bowls 148 kph fastest ball of the match and Imam ul Haq played an Aesthetic cover drive for four.

@Amjid Javed you liked it ?

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Like I said in other threads, people are calling for his head too early.

And guess what, that too after he posted probably the best ever figures by any opener in his first few matches. Hahaha.

People think we have a 50+ averaging opener in domestics who can strike at above 100.

Nope.

Currently he's the best we have and he will improve with time. Can work on his strike rate.

There are some really, really horrible viewpoints expressed here that are based purely on hatred.

Imam is not the next Sachin, but he's certainly better than a lot of duds we have, like Fawad Alam et al.

What's up @Syed1 , had enough hating?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    744 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    This innings has saved his spot IMO as he was that close to being dropped but he's played fantastically well today, partially due to the early luck of the dropped catch and he's put Pakistan into a position where they can conceivably win a rare test match in South Africa.

Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Stockholm
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mentally a very strong player

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    Offenbach am Main, Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1048 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Why does Imam-ul-Haq get so much criticism?

I´m still not convinced that Imam is a world-beater in T20 cricket, but the consistency with which he makes his scores really, really impresses me. He has rarely gotten out for a low score this PSL. Really like him for this. Also, consistency is one trait that goes a long way in defining the career and the future of a player, and it is something that batsmen sometimes carry to all formats of the game. So I really think that Pakistan have found something in him.

As for his batting in T20 cricket, lest I sound too harsh here, he isn´t someone like Salman Butt etc. He gets his runs at an affordable strike-rate. Just that he may not be able to turn a game on its head like for example how Fakhar can.

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PZ and KK were probably the only sides that used their 21st pick well i.e. to address issues with their squad.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The thing I love about him is his hunger for runs. Something most young Pakistani batsmen don't have. His always eager to help his team by scoring big runs-like kohli.

However, yes their are some flaws in his game. But if it's one guy that can fix those and come better it's him. He looks very eager to do well.

But I have some advice for him not to worry about what people think about him. He should be his own man.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hey, look Mickey. Young player developing, when you actually give them chances.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've said this before and il say it again, I'm really impressed by imam. As a loi player he is terrific. Real grit and determination to score runs and get them big. Pakistan have to persist and help him.

That means possibly not playing him in tests.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Imam-ul-Haq picked as the 21st pick, almost as an afterthought and has been the top scorer for Peshawar Zalmi so far.....

Name:  PSL_PZ_21st_pick_14_Mar_2019.jpg
Views: 1103
Size:  29.3 KB

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Hey, look Mickey. Young player developing, when you actually give them chances.
    TBF, it's Mickey who has backed Imam and invested in him so not the best example :p.

In all honesty, it's a little unclear what Mickey meant. He didn't say there was a lack of batting talent, just that they weren't developing. If he means that to be a criticism of domestic cricket then it's a valid point.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5998 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    I hope we see more nepotistic selections like Imam and less meritorious selections like Farhan.

His development is so good to see. He has been coached very well and has fully grabbed his opportunities by working hard instead of getting lazy in the limelight.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Delight to watch him play

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I swear if anyone calls him a ****** again, will be triggered.

You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I hope we see more nepotistic selections like Imam and less meritorious selections like Farhan.

His development is so good to see. He has been coached very well and has fully grabbed his opportunities by working hard instead of getting lazy in the limelight.
    He is so far behind Babar in terms of ability and talent, but in terms of attitude/conviction to win, he is far ahead.

He might still be a proper LBW candidate, his handling of the short pitched stuff still may seem somewhat dangerous and uncanny, but his killer attitude and ability to improve is so refreshing to see.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Want to see him bat exactly like this in ODI cricket and we are on course to become an ODI powerhouse InshAllah

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'll admit he has exceeded my expectations @Chokli. His development has been phenomenal and his 3 x 50s in the PSL (including the one today) prove he has a long future ahead for Pakistan in ODI cricket (and eventually in T20Is).

His development as a batsman has accelerated in the past 4-6 months and all credit to him for working on his game. It seems he's a lot better at playing the short ball.

He has a good cricketing brain and is also a Pakistan captain in the making. Hopefully in the WC we will see him bat with consistent returns at a healthy strike rate.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awesome performances from imam .he looks better than babar azam in this year psl.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Imam's development has been amazing. I will take him over Babar any day of the week who is turning out to be a king of soft runs.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He's learning to accelerate, which will come in handy during ODIs.

He's still not great at being able to hit boundaries, today was an exception because of really bad bowling, all in his zone.

Bad T20 player.

But this practice will make him better in ODIs for us. Hoping to see him play at 90+ strike rate now.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    TBF, it's Mickey who has backed Imam and invested in him so not the best example :p.

In all honesty, it's a little unclear what Mickey meant. He didn't say there was a lack of batting talent, just that they weren't developing. If he means that to be a criticism of domestic cricket then it's a valid point.
    I don't blame Mickey but his comments were ignorant and uninformed. The reason they aren't developing because they aren't given chances. Why the hell is Saud still on the bench when he's one of our most polished prospects? He's the most ready out of all the young batsmen. He should have played last PSL and debuted for Pakistan by now, developing under Mickey and Flower.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    I don't blame Mickey but his comments were ignorant and uninformed. The reason they aren't developing because they aren't given chances. Why the hell is Saud still on the bench when he's one of our most polished prospects? He's the most ready out of all the young batsmen. He should have played last PSL and debuted for Pakistan by now, developing under Mickey and Flower.
    PSL has been pathetic in terms of giving young batsman a chance. Nasir Nawaz only got one game. Rizwan Hussain has a few but got injured and then when back got only one game as a middle order batsman. Nabi Gul today didn’t get a chance to bat.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You have to respect him. He is getting plenty of hate yet he is still performing and showing desire to improve.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He has been brilliant. He has improved leaps and bounds to where he was.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post

With continued work, who knows, could surpass Babar, who still has to work on that next gear, instead of staying in that Amla mould.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Has looked and played better than Babar in this PSL. I'm a fan now.

Imam might be the key batsman for Pakistan in this World Cup.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Looking at Imam, you can see a guy who is putting in the work behind the scenes.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's learning to accelerate, which will come in handy during ODIs.

He's still not great at being able to hit boundaries, today was an exception because of really bad bowling, all in his zone.

Bad T20 player.

But this practice will make him better in ODIs for us. Hoping to see him play at 90+ strike rate now.
    Credit where it's due. Imam was instrumental in unsettling the United pacers yesterday. He used the crease well and basically forced young Musa to have doubts pitching it full. Something Kamran at the other end took full toll of.

Imam is more impressive than Babar right now. That's a fact.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post

Yeah if World Cup was being play in 1983.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Credit where it's due. Imam was instrumental in unsettling the United pacers yesterday. He used the crease well and basically forced young Musa to have doubts pitching it full. Something Kamran at the other end took full toll of.

Imam is more impressive than Babar right now. That's a fact.
    Imam isn't more impressive than Babar and this is also PSL.

International cricket is different.

Let's not get carried away.

Big difference in strokeplay, shot range, etc.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    What some of our so called fans don't realise is that they put ridiculous amount of unnecessary pressure on this guy when they label his selection as nepotistic etc. Easily one of the most promising young batsmen we've produced in recent years. He's shown tremendous character and mental toughness to keep performing despite all that extra pressure.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Brisbane, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going from strength to strength. Hope he keeps working hard - we're gonna need him and Babar to fire in the WC to have any chance.

'We know which Pakistan has turned up today...'

'It's the one to be afraid of.'

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said it during the SA series, that Imam will be a batsman to watch out for in the WC amongst Pakistani players.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much I wish we can add Sharjeel back in our lineup...

1) Imam
    2) Fakhar
    3) Babar
    4) Haris
    5) Sharjeel
    6) Umar Akmal / Hafeez
    7) Sarfraz
    8) Shadab / Faheem
    9) Hasan
    10) Amir / Hasnain
    11) Shaheen

Now this would be my ideal lineup for the WC.

A loads of firepower in the batting with enough stability.

Fast-bowling unit is top notch, Fakhar/Haris/Hafeez can chip in with their spin.

And the all-rounder spot also fine, if you are playing non-Asian side, play Shadab and if you are playing an Asian side then Faheem can replace Shadab.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    U.K
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He just needs to stop coming down the pitch to fast bowlers so often. It's really predictable. He should learn another way of attacking the ball.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a_tahir View Post
    He just needs to stop coming down the pitch to fast bowlers so often. It's really predictable. He should learn another way of attacking the ball.
    Yes, and it doesn't work in international cricket.

Unless you're batting against some really clueless team and bowlers.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He has shown some improvement. Lets wait for international matches before passing final judgements.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Imam isn't more impressive than Babar and this is also PSL.

International cricket is different.

Let's not get carried away.

Big difference in strokeplay, shot range, etc.
    In this PSL, he has comfortably outbatted Babar.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smart guy. Has got brains to play international cricket.

Attitude is his strongest suite. Keep it up Imam!

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In this PSL, he has comfortably outbatted Babar.
    Doesn't matter and doesn't prove he's a better batsman.

Internationals are very different and competitiveness is also several levels higher.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    I'll admit he has exceeded my expectations @Chokli. His development has been phenomenal and his 3 x 50s in the PSL (including the one today) prove he has a long future ahead for Pakistan in ODI cricket (and eventually in T20Is).

His development as a batsman has accelerated in the past 4-6 months and all credit to him for working on his game. It seems he's a lot better at playing the short ball.

He has a good cricketing brain and is also a Pakistan captain in the making. Hopefully in the WC we will see him bat with consistent returns at a healthy strike rate.
    definitely.

i wasn't a fan of him initially either but after the south african series i became a fan

he's putting in the hard work and it's showing

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Doesn't matter and doesn't prove he's a better batsman.

Internationals are very different and competitiveness is also several levels higher.
    You're right but the statement still holds true.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You're right but the statement still holds true.
    Right, the same as saying Kamran Akmal has outbatted Babar in this PSL.

No weight.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Right, the same as saying Kamran Akmal has outbatted Babar in this PSL.

No weight.
    Still holds weight because we know the worth of Kamran whereas Imam is a young player with time on his side.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Very consistent and playing at a very good strike rate. Been the signing of the season for me. Considering he already played International cricket, I am surprised others didn’t have a look at him.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imam and Babar are the least concern for Pakistan right now. Pak should focus on getting good middle order batsmen and decent spinners. Mickey Arthur has destroyed Pakistan's spin stock.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    Imam and Babar are the least concern for Pakistan right now. Pak should focus on getting good middle order batsmen and decent spinners. Mickey Arthur has destroyed Pakistan's spin stock.
    No. There is only one decent finger spinner in Pakistan, and he is inconsistent. PCB has destroyed Pakistan's spin stock.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Lol at Tanvir Ahmed firemouth nature, was seeing a recent interview where he kept going on and on that it doesn't matter to him if Imam ul Haq becomes a legend and scores 10,000 runs for Pakistan, the way he got into the team was incorrect, what is the fault of all the other deserving domestic performers who don't get that opportunity to play for Pakistan on a consistent basis?

I personally think Tanvir Ahmed should shut it, some domestic players did get a chance to play for Pakistan but if they don't make the most of the chances they get then who is to blame? Fawad Alam has gotten decent chances for Pakistan, there was a reason why he was dropped and his lack of power hitting got exposed when the Australians bought fielders in the ring to cut out his singles and he didn't have the power hitting abilities to force the fielders back.

Aamir Sohail made an interesting observation that one of the reasons for the downfall of Pakistan Cricket was this media culture of criticizing nepotism where family cricketing legacies are no longer encouraged and now many cricketers are hessitant to back their children to become cricketers compared to early on.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope he continues his form and keeps that fire to improve and prove his critics & haters wrong burning bright. Love to see how he has been regularly silencing some of his critics since his selection first came to light. Man, if he can carry this PSL form into WC then boy do we have a better chance. Furthermore, good to see that in PSL he hasn't gotten too bogged down in some of his innings like he used to in 50 over games but he still values classic shots. His innings in the eliminator saw a few boundaries from relatively orthodox shots through the covers. Can become a really good player if he keeps improving.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Lol at Tanvir Ahmed firemouth nature, was seeing a recent interview where he kept going on and on that it doesn't matter to him if Imam ul Haq becomes a legend and scores 10,000 runs for Pakistan, the way he got into the team was incorrect, what is the fault of all the other deserving domestic performers who don't get that opportunity to play for Pakistan on a consistent basis?

I personally think Tanvir Ahmed should shut it, some domestic players did get a chance to play for Pakistan but if they don't make the most of the chances they get then who is to blame? Fawad Alam has gotten decent chances for Pakistan, there was a reason why he was dropped and his lack of power hitting got exposed when the Australians bought fielders in the ring to cut out his singles and he didn't have the power hitting abilities to force the fielders back.

Aamir Sohail made an interesting observation that one of the reasons for the downfall of Pakistan Cricket was this media culture of criticizing nepotism where family cricketing legacies are no longer encouraged and now many cricketers are hessitant to back their children to become cricketers compared to early on.
    The sad part is the cricketers these back to make the national team are TTFs. Pretty much all cricketers. Khurram Manzoor before, now Wahab Riaz. They don't realize their opinion automatically becomes invalid as soon as they take these names.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    Offenbach am Main, Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1048 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Why does Imam-ul-Haq get so much criticism?

In terms of class, elegance and stylish stroke-play, Imam-ul-Haq played one of the best PSL innings ever in the Eliminator on Friday. I seriously felt like clapping for some of his strokes, especially a couple of drives. All good so far, but I also agree with those who´re asking for us to wait before passing too favourable judgments until he has played more of some international cricket.

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    U.K
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    INSHA ALLAH he'll play good today.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best performance by Imam today by getting early.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

"Sometimes criticism helps me become stronger" : Imam-ul-Haq

Pakistan’s left-handed opener Imam-ul-Haq believes that criticism is part of a cricketer’s career and he always tries to make people fans of him by his performance.

“I always look forward to playing my natural game and perform according to my strength. Sometimes criticism helps me become stronger,” said Imam while talking to a presser at UBL Sports Complex, Karachi when day 3 play between Sindh and Baluchistan of Quaid-e-Azam Trophy ends.

Imam, when asked about the aftermath of his uncle Inzamam’s departure as national team’s chief selector, said that he made his place by his performance and not due to his uncle’s influence.

“I have proved things with my performance and I will keep on doing so,” he said. “I can’t stop people calling me whatever,” he added.

Talking about his century knock in the first match of Quaid-e-Azam Trophy, Imam said the pitch was good to bat on. To a query about his strike rate as he made century off 235 balls, he blamed negative approach of opponents’ bowlers after the tea.

“Their [Opponents] bowlers started bowling negatively and also took a negative field which means that a single bad shot would have cost me my wicket. I tried to stick to the plan and play as long as I can,” Imam clarified.

“We have tomorrow’s day and we will try to get a good score on the board,” he concluded.

It is pertinent to mention here that Baluchistan closed day 3 at 191-3 against Sindh. They are 284 runs behind and will resume the play on day 4 with Imam (111*) and Imran Farhat (16*).

https://arysports.tv/criticism-makes...s-imam-ul-haq/

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Always seems to have chip on his shoulder - should move on and so should the questions from our journalists.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imam gets a lot of criticism because of the exceptionally high standards of batting and prolific run scoring set by his predecessor as Pakistan’s premier opening batsman over the last 15 years. It is always going to be a tough ask for any youngster to emulate a batsman of the calibre of Viv, Hafeez or Kohli. Such players are not born everyday and it’s unfair to compare novices like Imam against such heavyweights as Hafeez who have piled up match winning double centuries all around the cricketing world.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Didn't like his selection at first but I think he's justified it. Still has plenty to work on

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imam didn't do too bad. He often gets unwarranted criticisms due to being related to Inzamam.

BANGLADESH FAN
    RAPTORS FAN
    LIVERPOOL FAN

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Imam.

Good lad, I hope he focuses on the right thing and keep his tummy hungry for success.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Falls over against the incoming delivery. The bowlers on show at the moment in Asia Cup don’t have the same skill, but Boult ruthlessly exposed Imam’s technique. Watch those 6-7 balls he faced and you will know why a high quality quick will trouble Imam.

Also he unnecessarily puts himself under pressure by premeditating what he will be doing. Rotation of strike against good bowling is an issue because of no proper release shot.
    boult is a another conditions based fodder bowler that can only bowl well in n.z and England. Otherwise he is useless.s The most overrated bowler ever in the current era.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imam played very well in ODIs and WC in England.He got a lot of praise from English spectators.He is vulnerable against the short ball.He still has some technical issues but he will improve.He is way better than Hafeez who used to get out very cheaply

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Would walk into any team due to his consistency, but he needs to improve his SR in ODI's.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    When will this guy shut up. If it wasn't for his uncle the kid wouldn't even have been selected.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    The 6ix
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    When will this guy shut up. If it wasn't for his uncle the kid wouldn't even have been selected.
    Man go stuff yourself with some more aloo ke paronthey honestly I don’t like the guy either but name someone better in Pakistan. Exactly that’s what I thought

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean&Green View Post
    Man go stuff yourself with some more aloo ke paronthey honestly I don’t like the guy either but name someone better in Pakistan. Exactly that’s what I thought
    He's on par with Azhar Ali, Ahmed Shehzad, not better nor worse. It's not that I think he's really bad, he's okay, but it's his attitude that pissses me off, he acts he's conquered the world by scoring some hundreds against Lanka, Zimbabwe and Bangladesh. Man needs to shut up and start improving batting, especially his strike rate in ODIs.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Sindh coach Azam Khan has advised him to concentrate more on his batting... says they weren't being 'negative' but those were tactics as the match required. Journalists quite desperate for some controversy over this issue with a few in the media trying to create and Imam vs Sarfaraz situation.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy is very very talented with a very strong temperament, slowly becoming one of my favourites in this Pakistan team.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    A lot of the Karachi media don't like him and never will.

He needs to look the other way, let his bat do the talking.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    He's on par with Azhar Ali, Ahmed Shehzad, not better nor worse. It's not that I think he's really bad, he's okay, but it's his attitude that pissses me off, he acts he's conquered the world by scoring some hundreds against Lanka, Zimbabwe and Bangladesh. Man needs to shut up and start improving batting, especially his strike rate in ODIs.
    Love his attitude. Plays his own game. Believes 100% in himself in er...all fields. Is successful for the most part and is constantly learning. Has already won matches for Pakistan.

There is nothing to not like in Imam. And if his attitudes pisses off people, he is doing something right.

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    only in pakistan would people supports a batsman who;

1) starts every match 2 off 12 balls putting unnecessary pressure on his partner and team

2) cant play a cover drive

3) cant play any bowler above 141 kph

4) has a domestic one day strike rate of 75

5) has no second gear

he should stick to test cricket and try to build himself there but limited overs is not for such a slow player who has such a limited game

if you are not attacking you are defending. And if you are defending you are losing.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he is the best opener we have had since the days of amir-anwar. .... we dnt have any better option.. scores runs... is learning.. will improve .... wat else we want

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4652 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IM NOT YOU View Post
    only in pakistan would people supports a batsman who;

1) starts every match 2 off 12 balls putting unnecessary pressure on his partner and team

2) cant play a cover drive

3) cant play any bowler above 141 kph

4) has a domestic one day strike rate of 75

5) has no second gear

he should stick to test cricket and try to build himself there but limited overs is not for such a slow player who has such a limited game
    If anything he doesn't have as much support precisely due to his surname

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellu_Katta View Post
    he is the best opener we have had since the days of amir-anwar. .... we dnt have any better option.. scores runs... is learning.. will improve .... wat else we want
    Is that so?

On what basis do you suggest "we dont have any better option"?

Are you telling me that there is no batsman in Pakistan who has a domestic one day average of more than 43 and strike rate higher than 75?

Because I can list at least 10

if you are not attacking you are defending. And if you are defending you are losing.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that so?

On what basis do you suggest "we dont have any better option"?

Are you telling me that there is no batsman in Pakistan who has a domestic one day average of more than 43 and strike rate higher than 75?

Because I can list at least 10
    an avg of more than 43? try 53.... anyone with 100z in any WC? away in Eng ?

m not saying he is a Warner/Sharma but he is much better than Nasir Jamshed's haffez and ahmad shahzads and salmn buttz and xyz we have had for last few year

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellu_Katta View Post
    an avg of more than 43? try 53.... anyone with 100z in any WC? away in Eng ?

m not saying he is a Warner/Sharma but he is much better than Nasir Jamshed's haffez and ahmad shahzads and salmn buttz and xyz we have had for last few year
    Yes, he is better than Nasir Jamshed and Ahmed Shehzad and Salman Butt. What is your point?

The sky is blue.

The point I was making which you didn't seem to understand is that; there are several batsman in the domestic system who have better domestic numbers than Imam Ul Haq.

So why are you comparing him with failures such as Ahmed Shehzad and Nasir Jamshed? Why are the standards to evaluate our batsman this low?

Shouldn't we be comparing him to the batsman that have performed better than him in the domestic system? If there are batsman in the domestic system who have better domestic numbers than him, is it not reasonable to hypothesize that they might perform better than Imam Ul Haq IF GIVEN the opportunity?

So why settle for a player like Imam Ul Haq who we all know is limited in his striking ability and his ability to rotate strike? Why not give chances to others?

Why are we so afraid of giving domestic batsman chances when every other country does it?

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, he is better than Nasir Jamshed and Ahmed Shehzad and Salman Butt. What is your point?

The sky is blue.

The point I was making which you didn't seem to understand is that; there are several batsman in the domestic system who have better domestic numbers than Imam Ul Haq.

So why are you comparing him with failures such as Ahmed Shehzad and Nasir Jamshed? Why are the standards to evaluate our batsman this low?

Shouldn't we be comparing him to the batsman that have performed better than him in the domestic system? If there are batsman in the domestic system who have better domestic numbers than him, is it not reasonable to hypothesize that they might perform better than Imam Ul Haq IF GIVEN the opportunity?

So why settle for a player like Imam Ul Haq who we all know is limited in his striking ability and his ability to rotate strike? Why not give chances to others?

Why are we so afraid of giving domestic batsman chances when every other country does it?
    Because he is young and have strong head on his shoulder. Other domestic performers or either aged or too meek. We have all seen how sami aslam had performed apart from England tests.
    Abid ali is older than him so, no point of investing in him.
    Imam has very strong head. In all criticism over him he had won us his very first match against ireland and save us from humility.
    And if you have any other replacements who have better record than him please name them
    Last edited by Sunny_majoka; 18th September 2019 at 07:50.

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny_majoka View Post
    Because he is young and have strong head on his shoulder. Other domestic performers or either aged or too meek. We have all seen how sami aslam had performed apart from England tests.
    Abid ali is older than him so, no point of investing in him.
    Imam has very strong head. In all criticism over him he had won us his very first match against ireland and save us from humility.
    And if you have any other replacements who have better record than him please name them
    yes a couple of matches 3 years ago when sami aslam was just 20 years old is enough to not give sami aslam a chance to compete for opener even though his domestic statistics are superior to imam ul haq.

good logic