Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1663 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    on serious note beyond these hacks what do you want to be done for number 4,number 6 ?i think Saud can come at 4 but at 6?hussain Talat may be but i am not confident about his fast bowling ability and finishing touch.And Zafar gohar is not playing Thid round of QEA trophy so i think he is going to dubai??
    Not sure if Ul Haq knows about new players or not - I rather believe MoHa'll come back at 4, Imad as well and may be, they'll try Yasir Shah in LO

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Not sure if Ul Haq knows about new players or not - I rather believe MoHa'll come back at 4, Imad as well and may be, they'll try Yasir Shah in LO
    Yea and the savior has scored 213.he has booked place in tests far sure.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Madison, Wi ,US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already ****** off on Pakistan`s performance and then this type of thread, seriously?

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He needs to score a couple of hundreds in the ongoing List A tournament to get the selectors attention he should be played at no 3 position if he's selected Babar should move down to no 4.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cric1234 View Post
    He needs to score a couple of hundreds in the ongoing List A tournament to get the selectors attention he should be played at no 3 position if he's selected Babar should move down to no 4.
    Finally someone who sees the light

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    HBL 333 all out in 50 overs: (Umer Akmal 92, 85 balls, 6x4s, 4x6s,

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im also in favor of UA to be back in the side.
    But the issue is he is parasite in the team + ongoing investigation against him for fixing claims will also hinder his comeback.

I think, best for him is to target comeback after 2019 world cup, and in the meantime improve himself as a player and sensible individual.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring him back as T20 & ODI wicket keeper.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShahidDar08 View Post
    Bring him back as T20 & ODI wicket keeper.
    Can't be worse than Kami and Sarfi.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Flanders View Post
    Can't be worse than Kami and Sarfi.
    At least he can clear the fence easily rather than a blocker like Sarfaraz. Sarfaraz finds it difficult to clear 30 yard circle.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate this guyís attitude towards just about everything related to professional cricket never mind international cricket!! We need to develop the pool we have Asif,Talat, Shadab & a few more , this guy is history, reminds me of the Urdu saying about a dogs tale..

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But .. it a huge but if he has a cracking seasons , loads of runs ..I mean loads along with improved attitude then hell yes give me that brash green lipstick wala , why need ..as the no6 spot is still there to be taken

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    Yea and the savior has scored 213.he has booked place in tests far sure.
    And if he can get these Aussies twisting and turning with the ball he'll find a way in the ODI team.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Say whatever but this guy was way better than some of the T20 hacks in the Oak team currently.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan are better off without umar akmal

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the PP arm chair critics and blind haters could open their eyes.

Theyíd see we ainít produced a number 6 batsman or late hitter and batsman like Umar Akmal since his debut or since his omission from the side. People lie numbers donít.

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In his last few years Umar akmal was just as bad as the current lot.

Plus he had a terrible PSL last year where he get out to the most harmless deliveries.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by j_kazmi View Post
    In his last few years Umar akmal was just as bad as the current lot.

Plus he had a terrible PSL last year where he get out to the most harmless deliveries.
    Bad patch comes to all players but the important thing is a player must have potential. Guys like Asif or Talat do not have that unfortunately.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can all deny this as much as we like but he should be in this T20 side at least.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    Bad patch comes to all players but the important thing is a player must have potential. Guys like Asif or Talat do not have that unfortunately.
    How long should we be willing to wait for this potential to materialize?

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wake up please.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would take UA at 6 after Malik.

Tbh, Umar Akmal>>>>Sarfaraz as WK batsman

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What we need is a Pakistani journalist to ask AB about his views in regards to Umar Akmal. Iím telling you players like him know and rate dynamic players

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Milton, Ontario
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After his last week 129 runs innings today Umar Akmal scored a qucik 84 runs again against NBP. he is in form now. Cant wait to see him in PSL from LQ

Plz donít bring politics into sports!

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hailian View Post
    After his last week 129 runs innings today Umar Akmal scored a qucik 84 runs again against NBP. he is in form now. Cant wait to see him in PSL from LQ
    Picking people after a few good performances is only going to make more failures. I think if anything we should select him after the World Cup at the very least.

He may be in good form but it will be better for Akmal himself and Pakistan cricket if he shows consistent performances over a long period of time before getting picked again.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    Asif and Talat make up for it by showing heart. Umar Akmal is arguably one of the worst investments ever done by a cricket board. The guy is struggling to score big in domestic cricket FGS.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Asif and Talat make up for it by showing heart. Umar Akmal is arguably one of the worst investments ever done by a cricket board. The guy is struggling to score big in domestic cricket FGS.
    Lol asif and Talat have nothing statistically on Umar Akmal so youíve had to turn to something as stupid and ambiguous as heart haha.

Face it pot belly Akmal is better then asif and Talat even with his chest sagging.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will be some, well maybe quite a few that will hope he remains missing.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketDon View Post
    Lol asif and Talat have nothing statistically on Umar Akmal so youíve had to turn to something as stupid and ambiguous as heart haha.

Face it pot belly Akmal is better then asif and Talat even with his chest sagging.
    How many games have Asif and Talat played as compared to Akmal? It's about time Pakistan fans realize Umar Akmal's career is more or less over now. It will take a miracle for him to turn his career around.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would take Talat, Asif or any other youngster over UA.

People that support him don’t know cricket and/or have extremely short memories.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many games have Asif and Talat played as compared to Akmal? It's about time Pakistan fans realize Umar Akmal's career is more or less over now. It will take a miracle for him to turn his career around.
    and a catastrophe of epic proportions for him to be back in the side.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Well he has this 'on his plate' at the moment.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    There will be some, well maybe quite a few that will hope he remains missing.

I hope you are one of them?

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post

People that support him don’t know cricket and/or have extremely short memories.
    People that support him have their own agendas. They don't care about how the PCT does.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People that support him have their own agendas. They don't care about how the PCT does.
    I do agree with you.
    90pct of them have an agenda and 10pct get fooled into through naivety

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you are one of them?
    Don't think anything's going to change my mind on that.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My latest memory was watching our middle order lose 4 wickets in 15 balls. And could you explain what you know of cricket? Ever held a bat?

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    My latest memory was watching our middle order lose 4 wickets in 15 balls. And could you explain what you know of cricket? Ever held a bat?
    Umar Akmal would have been dismissed on that hat-trick ball by Tye, going for a wild slog. Thatís how bad he is.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar Akmal would have been dismissed on that hat-trick ball by Tye, going for a wild slog. Thatís how bad he is.
    Why do you care if he got out? Showing heart is what matters, no?

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you care if he got out? Showing heart is what matters, no?
    Getting out to numerous wild slogs over a eight year career is not showing heart

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting out to numerous wild slogs over a five year career is not showing heart
    Better to show intent rather than tapping one like a wuss to mid off!

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Youíre a ticking like he didnít average 38-40 a few years ago and that top batting at 6,7,8.

Asif and Talat consider going past 10 runs in a game a achievement. Asif canít bat. He has power yes and once every few games heíd hit a six and thatís it. Heís not a batsman. Heís nothing.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better to show intent rather than tapping one like a wuss to mid off!
    Yes we have all seen enough of Umar Akmalís misguided intent to suggest he never graces the green shirt ever again. Will be a sad day if it happens, unless he turns his career around by some miracle.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Youíre a ticking like he didnít average 38-40 a few years ago and that top batting at 6,7,8.

Asif and Talat consider going past 10 runs in a game a achievement. Asif canít bat. He has power yes and once every few games heíd hit a six and thatís it. Heís not a batsman. Heís nothing.
    How long will we hold on to this 38-40 average during a purple patch? How long will we hold on to this Ďpotentialí tag this rubbish player apparently has? He was awful in the few years before he was dropped for good. Asif and Talat might turn out to be worse than Akmal (which will difficult to achieve tbh), but we need to give them enough chances to prove their worth. Running back to this joke of a cricketer, who continues to make a mockery of himself and Pakistan cricket, will be unfair to the hundreds toiling away in domestic cricket right now. What has Akmal done to deserve a recall? Has he scored big runs in domestic cricket? Has he scored big in PSL? Or should we select him based on Ďtalentí once again?

What a waste of a thread. Someone as mediocre as Umar Akmal doesnít deserve a thread to his name.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Milton, Ontario
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar Akmal is way better than Hafeez, Asif or Hussain Talat. A good domestic form should bring him back into the team.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This poster who has started this thread...are you for real?
    Please.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes we lost quick wickets, and I would refer you to my post on the match thread when it was all unfolding.
    Far too many novices just like yourself who don’t understand the game.

I would prescribe the same treatment to all of his fans and that is to get some psychological help.

That’s all I have to say because you can’t debate with someone who has such issues.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long will we hold on to this 38-40 average during a purple patch? How long will we hold on to this Ďpotentialí tag this rubbish player apparently has? He was awful in the few years before he was dropped for good. Asif and Talat might turn out to be worse than Akmal (which will difficult to achieve tbh), but we need to give them enough chances to prove their worth. Running back to this joke of a cricketer, who continues to make a mockery of himself and Pakistan cricket, will be unfair to the hundreds toiling away in domestic cricket right now. What has Akmal done to deserve a recall? Has he scored big runs in domestic cricket? Has he scored big in PSL? Or should we select him based on Ďtalentí once again?

What a waste of a thread. Someone as mediocre as Umar Akmal doesnít deserve a thread to his name.
    What have we seen from Talat and asif huh? They can barely hold a bat. Two duds. Umar Akmal was batsman of the PSL 1 edition. Scored well in domestically an scored 129 last week and 84 today. At least he can play strokes unlike Talat and asif. They canít bat on a dead track let alone a sea among wicket. Umar Akmal can. Hard to be any worse then him? Iím just gonna end this debate here as you have no regard or respect for quantitive statistics.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What have we seen from Talat and asif huh? They can barely hold a bat. Two duds. Umar Akmal was batsman of the PSL 1 edition. Scored well in domestically an scored 129 last week and 84 today. At least he can play strokes unlike Talat and asif. They canít bat on a dead track let alone a sea among wicket. Umar Akmal can. Hard to be any worse then him? Iím just gonna end this debate here as you have no regard or respect for quantitive statistics.
    Alright. What were Akmalís stats before he got dropped from the team? What were Akmalís stats in the last two PSL editions? Letís see you talk quantitative statistics now.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright. What were Akmalís stats before he got dropped from the team? What were Akmalís stats in the last two PSL editions? Letís see you talk quantitative statistics now.
    Why last 2 PSL editions? Why not last 3? Averaged 83 in the first edition, nearest pak batsman was maqsood averaging 39.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why last 2 PSL editions? Why not last 3? Averaged 83 in the first edition, nearest pak batsman was maqsood averaging 39.
    Because we are in 2018, not 2016. And this hero of yours lost us an important match against New Zealand in the T20WC that same year, right after the PSL.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because we are in 2018, not 2016. And this hero of yours lost us an important match against New Zealand in the T20WC that same year, right after the PSL.
    Averaged 30 in 2016 at 122 strike rate, including 56 not out off 27 balls in NEW ZEALAND, on the kind of pitches where our kind of people bat as though theyíve had their feet glued to the god damn surface

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Averaged 30 in 2016 at 122 strike rate, including 56 not out off 27 balls in NEW ZEALAND, on the kind of pitches where our kind of people bat as though theyíve had their feet glued to the god damn surface
    New Zealand. T20WC. In India. Got dropped after that debacle.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Zealand. T20WC. In India. Got dropped after that debacle.
    *coughs* Amir *coughs* 40 runs no wickets!!! Usually when you post a total of 180+ you expect to defend it on sub continent pitches!

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My daadi is better at cricket than umar akmal.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For T20s he isn't the worst opition. But in ODIs and tests he will need to score heavily in domestics for a while to have a chance of a recall.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Umar Akmal can prove fitness and continue to perform in domestics, he deserves a recall in LOIs especially given the fact that our ODI and T20I batting line ups are swarmed with accumulators.

I don't like the guy and find him an embarrassment to our country with his cringe worthy stuff he puts up on social media however we have to put our cricket hat on and accept he is by far the most gifted batsman and the best player of pace in Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar Akmal has cost us many games in the past. He is not even a reliable hitter of the ball.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Umar guy must be better than Kohli, must be a legend, wow.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's almost done with his career now. Having talent isn't enough you have to work hard and work on your game.

'Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard'

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Umar has been playing well, but he needs to work on his fitness.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think we went wrong handling Umar Akmal. Focused on his weaknesses rather than his strengths. He hits the ball well, and effortlessly rotates strike. I remember when he was in his prime and considered our best T20 bat, no one else reliably hit like he did in the team. Embrace that he was a slogger, not bash him for it. If he can't handle the pressure of forging out long innings, let him focus on shorter innings where he can go for it. Too many people were worried that he'd be ruined playing like that, but better in the team as a hitter/slogger than not at all. It's really sad such a big talent was lost.

I would have liked to see him open (which is unlikely now), or given a go at 7. And just told to go all out. Especially been watching some of the lower order batsmen we've tried, and I really don't think they're anywhere on the same level as Umar Akmal in terms of hitting ability. Looks like either wild swings, they just dead bat like a tailender, or one dimensional, they're completely deficient in either one of pace or spin.

I'd have him back for the T20 squad if he's back in form and his fitness is good. But he has to be fully fit, part of his game was taking quick singles and if he can't do that, he's not going to be worth it. I would disregard him entirely for tests for now and just focus on making him a limited overs players who's worth is getting quick scores.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    I think we went wrong handling Umar Akmal. Focused on his weaknesses rather than his strengths. He hits the ball well, and effortlessly rotates strike. I remember when he was in his prime and considered our best T20 bat, no one else reliably hit like he did in the team. Embrace that he was a slogger, not bash him for it. If he can't handle the pressure of forging out long innings, let him focus on shorter innings where he can go for it. Too many people were worried that he'd be ruined playing like that, but better in the team as a hitter/slogger than not at all. It's really sad such a big talent was lost.

I would have liked to see him open (which is unlikely now), or given a go at 7. And just told to go all out. Especially been watching some of the lower order batsmen we've tried, and I really don't think they're anywhere on the same level as Umar Akmal in terms of hitting ability. Looks like either wild swings, they just dead bat like a tailender, or one dimensional, they're completely deficient in either one of pace or spin.

I'd have him back for the T20 squad if he's back in form and his fitness is good. But he has to be fully fit, part of his game was taking quick singles and if he can't do that, he's not going to be worth it. I would disregard him entirely for tests for now and just focus on making him a limited overs players who's worth is getting quick scores.
    Open to play a similar role like Buttler in T20s? Not comparison. Just my two cents

If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARK Rafay View Post
    Open to play a similar role like Buttler in T20s? Not comparison. Just my two cents
    But yeah a bit like Butler. If we go by less lofty comparisons, Kamran used to open for Pakistan and wasn't great, but was at least average in T20s and looked pretty good until he got out. I think Umar could have been a superior version of Kamran. Umar in a lot of ways bats like Kamran, but is a better version of him, and at least did rotate strike far better (which Kamran didn't). And one of the better hitters of pace from Pakistan.

The sad thing is both of the brothers should have really been top players, more so Umar than Kamran but still Kamran had the ability. It is rather irritating that now Kamran for the last few years has been one of the best if not the best domestic batsmen. Which kind of shows if he'd have been dropped for long periods earlier and forced to work on his game, maybe he could have returned at a younger age and had more success in international cricket. At least for Umar it's not too late technically.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Milton, Ontario
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another quick 50 by the champion the other day, below are his scores in last 8 matches showing up on cricinfo. Looks like he is regaining back his form. Cant wait to see him back in green.

56 v Sui Sthn Gas
    84 v National Bnk
    129 v National Bnk
    32 v Sui Northern
    55 v Sui Northern
    19 v Khan RL
    33 v Khan RL
    92 v FATA

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if Umar Akmal was in the T20 side then we would have won this series 4 nil even though there were only 3 games. Thats what he brings with him.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think if Umar Akmal was in the T20 side then we would have won this series 4 nil even though there were only 3 games. Thats what he brings with him.
    Not only that NZ would have forfeited their tour in fear of the great tubby

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at all the UA threads being reopened, it certainly feels like Umar Akmal season is back

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Another quick 50 by the champion the other day, below are his scores in last 8 matches showing up on cricinfo. Looks like he is regaining back his form. Cant wait to see him back in green.

56 v Sui Sthn Gas
    84 v National Bnk
    129 v National Bnk
    32 v Sui Northern
    55 v Sui Northern
    19 v Khan RL
    33 v Khan RL
    92 v FATA
    Unless he scores a min of 6-7 centuries in a season, I don't think the selectors or Micky Arthur will be interested

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good string of scores. Bring him back for ODI and T20 cricket.

Throw away trash like asif, Rizwan and co.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Milton, Ontario
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good string of scores. Bring him back for ODI and T20 cricket.

Throw away trash like asif, Rizwan and co.
    Yes and now a quick 49 by him yesterday to help his team (HBL) won the QEA One day cup. he hot the most number of sixes in the tournament.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peoples expectations are too high with him.

He needs to be utilized as an opener.

He'd be the perfect person to take the pressure off of Fakhar.

Umar
    Fakhar
    Babar
    Hafeez
    Sarfraz
    Malik

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    Umar Akmal has cost us many games in the past. He is not even a reliable hitter of the ball.
    So has Afridi

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokli View Post
    So has Afridi
    At least Afridi has his bowling to support his selection. He ran through teams. They may have been weaker teams but at least he was an impact player. I am not completely against Akmal returning but that is due to our lack of dynamic batsmen. But to stand a chance Umar needs to perform in PSL and work on his fitness. He has huge problems against spin also. So I am questioning how much better he is than Asif Ali at the moment.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Milton, Ontario
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QAE Cup 2018 One Day Most Sixes

22- Umar Akmal (HBL)
    18- Asif Afridi (FATA)
    17- Khushdil Shah (FATA)
    14- Mukhtar Ahmad (Rwp)
    13- Zeeshan Malik (Rwp)

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    At least Afridi has his bowling to support his selection. He ran through teams. They may have been weaker teams but at least he was an impact player. I am not completely against Akmal returning but that is due to our lack of dynamic batsmen. But to stand a chance Umar needs to perform in PSL and work on his fitness. He has huge problems against spin also. So I am questioning how much better he is than Asif Ali at the moment.
    Yes but he still lost us numerous matches with his brainless batting.

We need to lower the expectations, he's not going to be a Virat Kohli or a Rohit Sharma but he can certainly play his role as a Suresh Raina etc.

He's one of best we have and it's better for Pakistan if we use him as best as we can.

It's a huge travesty that we had Asif Ali batting at 6 and not Umar Akmal.

But I think Umar could do better as an opener, Imam isn't the right fit and we need someone other than Fakhar to take the game to the opposition.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Milton, Ontario
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar Akmal last 10 domestic matches run count

49 v WAPDA
    39 v Pakistan TV
    56 v Sui Sthn Gas
    84 v National Bnk
    129, 0 v National Bnk
    32 v Sui Northern
    55, 2 v Sui Northern
    19 v Khan RL
    33, 4 v Khan RL
    92 v FATA

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokli View Post
    Yes but he still lost us numerous matches with his brainless batting.

We need to lower the expectations, he's not going to be a Virat Kohli or a Rohit Sharma but he can certainly play his role as a Suresh Raina etc.

He's one of best we have and it's better for Pakistan if we use him as best as we can.

It's a huge travesty that we had Asif Ali batting at 6 and not Umar Akmal.

But I think Umar could do better as an opener, Imam isn't the right fit and we need someone other than Fakhar to take the game to the opposition.
    If he returns I would put him at 6. Imam gets too much hate. I think he is a prolific run scorer who does bat a bit slow but has compliments Fakhar perfectly. Umar needs to play as a lower order hitter. The restrictions might favour him as a opener but I feel it is harsh on Imam.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar Akmal last 10 domestic matches run count

49 v WAPDA
    39 v Pakistan TV
    56 v Sui Sthn Gas
    84 v National Bnk
    129, 0 v National Bnk
    32 v Sui Northern
    55, 2 v Sui Northern
    19 v Khan RL
    33, 4 v Khan RL
    92 v FATA
    Umar Akmal's second and last international ODI century was in 2014 against Afghanistan. These were his miserable scores thereafter

4 - v India Dhaka 2 Mar 2014 ODI # 3479
    14* - v Bangladesh Dhaka 4 Mar 2014 ODI # 3482
    59 - v Sri Lanka Dhaka 8 Mar 2014 ODI # 3486
    15 - v Sri Lanka Hambantota 23 Aug 2014 ODI # 3512
    1 - v Sri Lanka Hambantota 26 Aug 2014 ODI # 3515
    7 - v Sri Lanka Dambulla 30 Aug 2014 ODI # 3519
    46 - v Australia Sharjah 7 Oct 2014 ODI # 3530
    5 - v Australia Dubai (DSC) 10 Oct 2014 ODI # 3532
    0 - v New Zealand Sharjah 14 Dec 2014 ODI # 3568
    29 - v New Zealand Abu Dhabi 17 Dec 2014 ODI # 3570
    6 - v New Zealand Abu Dhabi 19 Dec 2014 ODI # 3571
    13 - v New Zealand Wellington 31 Jan 2015 ODI # 3596
    4 - v New Zealand Napier 3 Feb 2015 ODI # 3598
    0 - v India Adelaide 15 Feb 2015 ODI # 3602
    59 - v West Indies Christchurch 21 Feb 2015 ODI # 3608
    33 - v Zimbabwe Brisbane 1 Mar 2015 ODI # 3620
    19 - v U.A.E. Napier 4 Mar 2015 ODI # 3622
    13 - v South Africa Auckland 7 Mar 2015 ODI # 3626
    20* - v Ireland Adelaide 15 Mar 2015 ODI # 3639
    20 - v Australia Adelaide 20 Mar 2015 ODI # 3642
    17 - v Australia Brisbane 13 Jan 2017 ODI # 3817
    18* - v Australia Melbourne 15 Jan 2017 ODI # 3818
    39 - v Australia Perth 19 Jan 2017 ODI # 3820
    11 - v Australia Sydney 22 Jan 2017 ODI # 3822
    46 - v Australia Adelaide 26 Jan 2017 ODI # 3826

Never want to see this guy play for Pakistan again.
    Mentally weak and unreliable.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Yorker View Post
    Umar Akmal's second and last international ODI century was in 2014 against Afghanistan. These were his miserable scores thereafter

4 - v India Dhaka 2 Mar 2014 ODI # 3479
    14* - v Bangladesh Dhaka 4 Mar 2014 ODI # 3482
    59 - v Sri Lanka Dhaka 8 Mar 2014 ODI # 3486
    15 - v Sri Lanka Hambantota 23 Aug 2014 ODI # 3512
    1 - v Sri Lanka Hambantota 26 Aug 2014 ODI # 3515
    7 - v Sri Lanka Dambulla 30 Aug 2014 ODI # 3519
    46 - v Australia Sharjah 7 Oct 2014 ODI # 3530
    5 - v Australia Dubai (DSC) 10 Oct 2014 ODI # 3532
    0 - v New Zealand Sharjah 14 Dec 2014 ODI # 3568
    29 - v New Zealand Abu Dhabi 17 Dec 2014 ODI # 3570
    6 - v New Zealand Abu Dhabi 19 Dec 2014 ODI # 3571
    13 - v New Zealand Wellington 31 Jan 2015 ODI # 3596
    4 - v New Zealand Napier 3 Feb 2015 ODI # 3598
    0 - v India Adelaide 15 Feb 2015 ODI # 3602
    59 - v West Indies Christchurch 21 Feb 2015 ODI # 3608
    33 - v Zimbabwe Brisbane 1 Mar 2015 ODI # 3620
    19 - v U.A.E. Napier 4 Mar 2015 ODI # 3622
    13 - v South Africa Auckland 7 Mar 2015 ODI # 3626
    20* - v Ireland Adelaide 15 Mar 2015 ODI # 3639
    20 - v Australia Adelaide 20 Mar 2015 ODI # 3642
    17 - v Australia Brisbane 13 Jan 2017 ODI # 3817
    18* - v Australia Melbourne 15 Jan 2017 ODI # 3818
    39 - v Australia Perth 19 Jan 2017 ODI # 3820
    11 - v Australia Sydney 22 Jan 2017 ODI # 3822
    46 - v Australia Adelaide 26 Jan 2017 ODI # 3826

Never want to see this guy play for Pakistan again.
    Mentally weak and unreliable.
    Those aren't horrible numbers but he was rightfully dropped and after scoring runs in domestic he should be brought back.

You don't shun out players of his calibre, you need to back them and use them properly.