Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    Shaun Pollock is one of the greatest ODI bowlers of all time, Bhuvaneshwar won't even make Bangladesh squad. Great comparison
    Also it's funny that you highlighted one name from my post and ignored the 7 other names?

Why? Please answer the actual point of my post rather than trying to distract everybody with your Shaun Pollock nonsense post.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post
    Lol this guy is pure troll. Bhuvi with his pathetic stats wouldn't get selected even in current zimbawe side. It's same give runs with ball and then make 10 - 12 runs with bat to cover it lol. Let's see how he helps to win worldcup when top order will get out early and middle order will be under pressure.
    You're the guy who thinks that we can win a WC with 4 tailenders in the side.

Seeing you take about cricket is like watching a monkey trying to talk.

It's funny to watch but at the end of the day it's a complete waste of time.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well he is definitely worth his place in the team in the squad for the WC if not in the team because sometime it get cloudy in England and then he can be useful. However he gets a little exposed on flat wickets against power full batsmen because simple line bowling doesn't work then as it worked against Pakistan (Asia Cup). I also have a feeling that India will play most of their matches on flat wickets where Kuldeep and Chahal will not come in to play all that much. England would be watching very carefully how India is relying on two spinners only in the middle overs so they would be mad if they haven't noticed that yet and instructed the groundsmen already.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    And just as a reference point, Shaun Pollock's batting average was 26 and he batted at no 7 most of the time.
    Shaun Pollock had almost twice batting average in an era when 250-260 was a winning score. His SR was 87. Bhuvi in this era has an SR of ~70 with an average of 14. LMAO. What's your point?

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You're the guy who thinks that we can win a WC with 4 tailenders in the side.

Seeing you take about cricket is like watching a monkey trying to talk.

It's funny to watch but at the end of the day it's a complete waste of time.
    Let's see how your bhuvi sobers kumar wins match when there is pressure of worldcup. This would get smashed all around corner against good batsman.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Shaun Pollock had almost twice batting average in an era when 250-260 was a winning score. His SR was 87. Bhuvi in this era has an SR of ~70 with an average of 14. LMAO. What's your point?
    Read all my posts and you'll understand my point.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also it's funny that you highlighted one name from my post and ignored the 7 other names?

Why? Please answer the actual point of my post rather than trying to distract everybody with your Shaun Pollock nonsense post.
    Dude you should feel ashamed if you are even mentioning that overrated trundler with pollock's class. This guy isn't even in pandya's class as bowler and batsman it's difference of miles. you should seriously stop trolling now.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude you should feel ashamed if you are even mentioning that overrated trundler with pollock's class. This guy isn't even in pandya's class as bowler and batsman it's difference of miles. you should seriously stop trolling now.
    Dear Lord....

This is why I drew the talking-monkey parallel. Everything just goes over your head.

Read the entire post again. Try to understand how @Joseph Gomes was mentioning Bhuvi's batting avg to suggest that he isn't useful with the bat.

And if this hurts your brain too much, then forget that I mentioned Pollock. Look at the other 7 names in that post. And this time try really hard to understand the line of argument.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What nonsense? The only nonsense is you spouting that Bhuvaneshwar is not mediocre in ODIs. He absolutely is.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What nonsense? The only nonsense is you spouting that Bhuvaneshwar is not mediocre in ODIs. He absolutely is.
    You were talking about his batting average and how it shows that he is no better than Shami because their averages are similar.

Don't try to shift the goalpost. Answer the particular question.

PS: idk about mediocre/genius but what I have said is that Bhuvi is the only player who has all the skills to fill the no 8 role. I've not said Bhuvi is some amazing player.

If you're struggling to understand the nuances of that argument then tell me and I'll explain it to you again.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were talking about his batting average and how it shows that he is no better than Shami because their averages are similar.

Don't try to shift the goalpost. Answer the particular question.

PS: idk about mediocre/genius but what I have said is that Bhuvi is the only player who has all the skills to fill the no 8 role. I've not said Bhuvi is some amazing player.

If you're struggling to understand the nuances of that argument then tell me and I'll explain it to you again.
    If a bowler (let's not kid ourselves, Bhuvaneshwar is as much allrounder as Mashrafe Mortaza) does not make the XI on bowling alone, he should not be playing in the first place. Bhuvaneshwar inclusion shows India's lack in reserve for bowlers and actual allrounders. He is neither a good ODI bowler nor an allrounder. About his roles, you do realize how bad he is in fulfilling them right? He gets smashed in death over every 3 match out of 4.

You should never have mentioned Pollock in the first place, Pollock is top 10 greatest ODI cricketer of all time.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a bowler (let's not kid ourselves, Bhuvaneshwar is as much allrounder as Mashrafe Mortaza) does not make the XI on bowling alone, he should not be playing in the first place. Bhuvaneshwar inclusion shows India's lack in reserve for bowlers and actual allrounders. He is neither a good ODI bowler nor an allrounder. About his roles, you do realize how bad he is in fulfilling them right? He gets smashed in death over every 3 match out of 4.

You should never have mentioned Pollock in the first place, Pollock is top 10 greatest ODI cricketer of all time.
    A simple question, who will be the bowlers for India?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the thing. I understand that he isn't performing his bowling role every time. You're right.

But who is the alternative? Shami will probably give me 1-2 more wickets than Bhuvi but he also gets smashed. He is a terrible death bowler. And he doesn't have a single variation. And on top of that, he will be your no 8 batsman. I'm sure you've seen him bat Do you really think Shami can bat?

Do you think if instead of Bhuvi it was Shami playing the Asia Cup final, we would have been able to chase down the total?

Same problem with Umesh as well. Even he gets more wickets than Bhuvi but he's also a poor death bowler and cannot contribute with the bat.

This is why, much to the dismay of many people here including @Bhaag Viru Bhaag India had to test out "trundlers" like Shardul and Chahar. Because unfortunately, apart from Bhuvi, they are the only 2 pacers in India right now who can hold a bat.

If you want to be angry with someone be angry with Shami. Bhuvi's has worked on himself and developed tremendously. He came in 2012 as just a swing bowler. Since then he's developed his yorkers, cutters, knuckle ball and even improved his batting. On the other hand Shami is at the same level as he was in 2013. He still hasn't developed a single slower ball and he's still as poor with the bat today as he was in his debut match.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here's the thing. I understand that he isn't performing his bowling role every time. You're right.

But who is the alternative? Shami will probably give me 1-2 more wickets than Bhuvi but he also gets smashed. He is a terrible death bowler. And he doesn't have a single variation. And on top of that, he will be your no 8 batsman. I'm sure you've seen him bat Do you really think Shami can bat?

Do you think if instead of Bhuvi it was Shami playing the Asia Cup final, we would have been able to chase down the total?

Same problem with Umesh as well. Even he gets more wickets than Bhuvi but he's also a poor death bowler and cannot contribute with the bat.

This is why, much to the dismay of many people here including @Bhaag Viru Bhaag India had to test out "trundlers" like Shardul and Chahar. Because unfortunately, apart from Bhuvi, they are the only 2 pacers in India right now who can hold a bat.

If you want to be angry with someone be angry with Shami. Bhuvi's has worked on himself and developed tremendously. He came in 2012 as just a swing bowler. Since then he's developed his yorkers, cutters, knuckle ball and even improved his batting. On the other hand Shami is at the same level as he was in 2013. He still hasn't developed a single slower ball and he's still as poor with the bat today as he was in his debut match.
    Yep you are right your point is perfectly valid, we do not have any other options. Bhuvi is needed in the lower order, our tail is too weak.
    But please don't say bhuvi has developed even after developing yorker, cutters etc he is ineffective.
    Andhon me kaane raja type situation.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Yep you are right your point is perfectly valid, we do not have any other options. Bhuvi is needed in the lower order, our tail is too weak.
    But please don't say bhuvi has developed even after developing yorker, cutters etc he is ineffective.
    Andhon me kaane raja type situation.
    We can't blame Bhuvi if the rest of the bowlers are andha.

It's true that Bhuvi fails to deliver every now and then. But he has certainly developed.

When he debuted in 2012 the captain couldn't even bowl him at the death. I remember Dhoni had to finish his overs in the first 40.

From then if you look at where he is today, then definitely he has developed a lot.

But even that is not my point. My point is that at least he has tried to become more useful to the team. Shami looks like he hasn't even tried. He still has the same limited skillset today that he had 5 years ago.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Checked this thread after 24 hours and like it usually happens, reason for Bhuvi's inclusion has moved from him being a great bowler to he's there to 'provide balance'. Same how it happened in Dhoni's thread where discussion evolved from him being the best keeper batsman to him being a God who knows when to retire to finally Dhoni provides balance. Some intellectual mind!

Anyone who thinks that with these so called balancing acts team becomes stronger then he's delusional. If it gets to a game thsr Bhuvi's batting skills are needed to win a match, then in 9 out of 10 cases you will anyway loose that match. A tailender who averages 14 with the bat don't win you an important match. And if he ever done then it's an aberration and not a norm.

Reminds me of haryana police kids' joke who when sent to arrest a lion, arrest a sheep and beats him to pulp to force it to admit that its not a sheep but lion. Delusions.
    Last edited by happydavy; 15th November 2018 at 01:11.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happydavy View Post
    Checked this thread after 24 hours and like it usually happens, reason for Bhuvi's inclusion has moved from him being a great bowler to he's there to 'provide balance'. Same how it happened in Dhoni's thread where discussion evolved from him being the best keeper batsman to him being a God who knows when to retire to finally Dhoni provides balance. Some intellectual mind!

Anyone who thinks that with these so called balancing acts team becomes stronger then he's delusional. If it gets to a game thsr Bhuvi's batting skills are needed to win a match, then in 9 out of 10 cases you will anyway loose that match. A tailender who averages 14 with the bat don't win you an important match. And if he ever done then it's an aberration and not a norm.

Reminds me of haryana police kids' joke who when sent to arrest a lion, arrest a sheep and beats him to pulp to force it to admit that its not a sheep but lion. Delusions.
    It happened in the Asia Cup final. Should tell you who is the delusional one.

I'd also love it if you name a single WC winning team that had 4 tailenders. Give it a go. We've got time.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pandya
    Chahal/Jadeja
    Kuldeep
    Khaleel
    Bumrah

That looks like a solid bowling lineup. Bhuvi is not that great as a LOI player. Think Khaleel would have a better impact.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It happened in the Asia Cup final. Should tell you who is the delusional one.

I'd also love it if you name a single WC winning team that had 4 tailenders. Give it a go. We've got time.
    How about you tell us how many world cup winning teams have an opening bowler averaging 38+ overall and 50+ against the 3 most likely semi final opponents?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about you tell us how many world cup winning teams have an opening bowler averaging 38+ overall and 50+ against the 3 most likely semi final opponents?
    Munaf Patel averaged 51 against Australia, 45 against NZ and 35 against NZ.

Now you answer my question.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll give you another one. Sri Lanka's Wicramasinghe averaged 40 with the ball.

40 vs Australia, 75 vs England, 53 vs NZ and50 vs PAK.

Your turn.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bhuvi vs Same side you mentioned.

Name:  bhuvi.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  12.2 KB

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're comparing 2011 bowling stats with 2018. Munaf's numbers are just as bad if not worse.

And either way I don't care. @happydavy asked. I answered. Now let's see what he comes up with.
    Last edited by the_outsider; 15th November 2018 at 12:44.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still waiting on this @happydavy

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Pathetic numbers. What are Shami's numbers in comparison?

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    502 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We can't blame Bhuvi if the rest of the bowlers are andha.

It's true that Bhuvi fails to deliver every now and then. But he has certainly developed.

When he debuted in 2012 the captain couldn't even bowl him at the death. I remember Dhoni had to finish his overs in the first 40.

From then if you look at where he is today, then definitely he has developed a lot.

But even that is not my point. My point is that at least he has tried to become more useful to the team. Shami looks like he hasn't even tried. He still has the same limited skillset today that he had 5 years ago.
    The skillset that meant he always had far better average than Bhuvi and performed in 2015 WC?I'd take that even today

The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Pathetic numbers. What are Shami's numbers in comparison?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    These stats mean nothing anymore. Shami didn't play in 2016. And in 2017 and 2018, he played 5 games, picked 7 wickets at 40 avg and 5.66 SR. He gets tonked in death overs and can't bat. Bhuvi may have lost his zip in the last few games but at this point there is no alternative. Khaleel has been decent but he doesn't have death bowling credentials yet. Bhuvi will be part of the team atleast until there is an alternative. Until then, he will remain as he performs multiple roles in the team. Also, teams won't drop a regular for one bad series. WI was bad for him but he did well in the Asia cup and he will be given chances to regain his form
    Last edited by rhony; 15th November 2018 at 20:52.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    These stats mean nothing anymore. Shami didn't play in 2016. And in 2017 and 2018, he played 5 games, picked 7 wickets at 40 avg and 5.66 SR. He gets tonked in death overs and can't bat. Bhuvi may have lost his zip in the last few games but at this point there is no alternative. Khaleel has been decent but he doesn't have death bowling credentials yet. Bhuvi will be part of the team atleast until there is an alternative. Until then, he will remain as he performs multiple roles in the team. Also, teams won't drop a regular for one bad series. WI was bad for him but he did well in the Asia cup and he will be given chances to regain his form
    How many back to back matches have you given to shami? Do you expect any bowler to come after year and be back to best in that format? He never played with Bumrah who puts more pressure than Umesh and that helps both bowler. Bhuvi gets alot benefits of playing Bumrah.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    502 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shami hasn't played much mysteriously after 2015 but by then he had already shown what he can do.As for these 5 games,he has a 4fer in it and 5.66 ER isnt bad at all.If he plays more he'll find his rythm back.Certainly can;t be judged on 5 games given his earlier record

Bhuvi's problem is not just WI series.He's been averaging 41 since 2016.Infact Asia Cup was a good one for him after a long time and he was back to poor vs WI.

Khaleel does have death bowling potential with his cutters etc.And can crank it up when required along with giving left arm variety.

The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Shami hasn't played much mysteriously after 2015 but by then he had already shown what he can do.As for these 5 games,he has a 4fer in it and 5.66 ER isnt bad at all.If he plays more he'll find his rythm back.Certainly can;t be judged on 5 games given his earlier record

Bhuvi's problem is not just WI series.He's been averaging 41 since 2016.Infact Asia Cup was a good one for him after a long time and he was back to poor vs WI.

Khaleel does have death bowling potential with his cutters etc.And can crank it up when required along with giving left arm variety.
    I watched a domestic game that Shami played on willow. He was tonked all over the park by domestic teams. It was the same game during which his wife alleged domestic abuse. He is a decent test bowler but gives away a lot of runs and is definitely not a death bowler. It's still early days for Khaleel and he has the potential but he is terrible with bat too. There is no mystery is Shami's absence. He was injured, then lost his form in LOIs.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    How many back to back matches have you given to shami? Do you expect any bowler to come after year and be back to best in that format? He never played with Bumrah who puts more pressure than Umesh and that helps both bowler. Bhuvi gets alot benefits of playing Bumrah.
    You gave the answer yourself. Indian team feels Bhuvi and Bumrah complement well. They give little in the first 10 and are designated death bowlers. Yes, Bhuvi seems to have lost his form after Asia cup but the team invested a lot in him. They will give him chances to prove himself again

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Shami hasn't played much mysteriously after 2015 but by then he had already shown what he can do. As for these 5 games,he has a 4fer in it and 5.66 ER isnt bad at all. If he plays more he'll find his rythm back.Certainly can;t be judged on 5 games given his earlier record

There's no mystery to it. He was out for over a year with a knee injury. He wasn't in the test team till mid-2016 either.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You gave the answer yourself. Indian team feels Bhuvi and Bumrah complement well. They give little in the first 10 and are designated death bowlers. Yes, Bhuvi seems to have lost his form after Asia cup but the team invested a lot in him. They will give him chances to prove himself again
    Well fine then loose worldcup till he proves you his worth.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still waiting on this @happydavy
    Dude I give it to you for the sheer effort you put in to actually extract Wicramasinghe's numbers!! It takes some doing so great work. Having said that let's keep the context in plauy. If Munaf or Wicramasinghe had equally bad averages as Bhuvi, then they weren't in the team because they could bat a bit and hence they provided balance. They were in the team because they were the best fast bowlers available to the captain, which is different to the argument you had been defending. Today Shami, Umesh and even Ishant are much better options than bhuvi, who's basically a nothing bowler. Atleast Shami, Umesh, Ishant get you wickets, Bhuvi does nothing. A trade off has to be worth something. Bhuvi as a bowler + bit of batsman is a nothing trade off for one of those 3 as bowlers. 0.4 + 0.1 would always be less than 1.0 + 0.05.
    Last edited by happydavy; 16th November 2018 at 00:28.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude I give it to you for the sheer effort you put in to actually extract Wicramasinghe's numbers!! It takes some doing so great work. Having said that let's keep the context in plauy. If Munaf or Wicramasinghe had equally bad averages as Bhuvi, then they weren't in the team because they could bat a bit and hence they provided balance. They were in the team because they were the best fast bowlers available to the captain, which is different to the argument you had been defending. Today Shami, Umesh and even Ishant are much better options than bhuvi, who's basically a nothing bowler. Atleast Shami, Umesh, Ishant get you wickets, Bhuvi does nothing. A trade off has to be worth something. Bhuvi as a bowler + bit of batsman is a nothing trade off for one of those 3 as bowlers. 0.4 + 0.1 would always be less than 1.0 + 0.05.
    Shami doesn't take wickets anymore. And it shouldn't surprise anybody either. He simply doesn't have the skills that ODI cricket has required in the last 2-3 years. The back end of ODIs are now basically T20s.

And I know Umesh takes more wickets than Bhuvi. Frankly I would have loved to have Umesh or Khaleel in the side of they could bat better.

But I hope you realise now that teams simply don't win long tournaments with a tail that is 4 batsmen long.

You look at the top teams around the globe - AUS, SA, NZ and they all have batting down to number 9. England basically have batting down to number 11. Even WI has Nurse coming in at 8/9 and BD has Mehdi Hasan at 8/9. No matter how good your bowlers are at taking wickets, they will still go for plenty everytime because the opposition simply have too many batsmen. So they don't fear losing wickets and just keep going for it.

Like it or not, Bhuvi is needed in this team. If you have to be frustrated with somebody be frustrated with Umesh because he gives away too many runs. Or be frustrated with Bumrah and Chahal that despite playing international cricket for 2+ years they are still so bad with the bat. If either of those things weren't so crippling, Bhuvi might not have been in the team today.
    Last edited by the_outsider; 16th November 2018 at 00:49.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Surely he won't start in the WC. Shami should start ahead of Bhuvi.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I am not sure why the question mark on Bhuvanesh. A full fit Bhuvanesh is very lethal. He swings the new ball far more than any other of the Indian bowlers.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put it simply Bhuvneshwar is a player that relies heavily on the players around him. Because he is playing for India he has the luxury of Bumrah, Yadav around him which are wicket- taking bowlers. However if we put this same Bhuvneshwar in the Pakistan set up he would most likely be dropped after a couple games.

He bounces off well with Bumrah that's why he is a good bowler for India.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bhuvaneshwar will get annihilated if he plays WC in England.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The speed demon showed his skills again. He should lead India's bowling attack in the world cup

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shami is a better bet in both ODIs and Tests imo

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bhuvnesh Kumar will be an asset in English swinging conditions. Those those who say that Bhuvnesh Kumar will not make Bangladesh team, even Bradman will not make Bangladesh team, so let us not go there.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by latecut View Post
    Bhuvnesh Kumar will be an asset in English swinging conditions. Those those who say that Bhuvnesh Kumar will not make Bangladesh team, even Bradman will not make Bangladesh team, so let us not go there.
    if you are talking about test than you are right he is very good in that format but if you are talking about odis than england is not the same place it was 5 years ago now a days they prepare flattest pitches where 300 is under par score

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As an Indian I can tell you that win or lose I will stick with Bhuvi. Loyalty is permanent, victory is fleeting.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Average of 38 after playing 95 matches, terrible bowler.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Today's figures 8-1-28-2. Gets the openers out and then Chahal runs wild, setting up an Indian ODI series victory in Australia if the batsmen can deliver.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8 wickets in 3 matches ... very good series for him. His only problem offlate is bowling death overs where he goes for plenty otherwise he's a must in India's ODI side not just for his bowling but for his handy batting down the order as well.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has moved from yorkers to slower balls at death. I mean the knuckle ball is like Kumble's wrongun, only the bowler believes it deceives the batsman.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have come to accept that he isn't going anywhere.

In fact, with his potential replacement being Jaydev Unadkat, I am happy to have him in the team

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joginder_Sharma View Post
    8 wickets in 3 matches ... very good series for him. His only problem offlate is bowling death overs where he goes for plenty otherwise he's a must in India's ODI side not just for his bowling but for his handy batting down the order as well.
    Maybe the team needs to think out of the box. Let Bhuvi bowl his ten overs at the beginning, and Bumrah and Shami can both the death overs.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Maybe the team needs to think out of the box. Let Bhuvi bowl his ten overs at the beginning, and Bumrah and Shami can both the death overs.
    Do you think shami is a good death overs bowler?
    He gets spanked in death overs.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    4 overs 55 today. Samson scored 30 runs in 8 balls against him. Last match Russell obliterated him. Most recently he got smashed by Turner. Post injury his death bowling has taken a huge hit. He should finish all his quota upfront or else he could lose matches

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    4 overs 55 today. Samson scored 30 runs in 8 balls against him. Last match Russell obliterated him. Most recently he got smashed by Turner. Post injury his death bowling has taken a huge hit. He should finish all his quota upfront or else he could lose matches
    Is he taking wickets these days or he doesn't believe in this moh maya?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    He is good with new ball. When he comes back he bowls these predictable knuckleballs which batsmen have a feast with

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    I don't know, he still seems to be way doing better than **** phaasss bowling trundlers.