User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1993 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Mushtaq Ahmed takes credit for turning Shadab Khan from a batsman to a successful leg-spinner

LAHORE: National cricket team bowling coach Mushtaq Ahmed on Wednesday said that he is eyeing other options as he has not yet received a renewal offer from the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).

“My contract with the PCB ends next month and none of the officials have reached out with a renewal offer yet. Of course, I have to look into other offers and I have a couple of them,” Mushtaq Ahmed said while speaking to the media.

The former Pakistan leg-spinner added that he “is disappointed with PCB” for not reaching out to him despite contract period nearing an end. Mushtaq also revealed that his agent has held talks with the Sri Lanka cricket board – which quite possibly could be his next destination.

He, however, reiterated his loyalties to the country saying that if the PCB officials decide to renew his contract, he would be more than willing to serve the nation.

Responding to claims that he failed to produce enough quality spinners during his time in-charge, Mushtaq said that he has, in fact, produced four to five quality spinners who have went on to represent the national team.

Mushtaq continued that “Shadab Khan came in a training camp as a batsman” and that it was him who transformed Shadab into a successful leg spinner. “I also taught Yasir Shah to efficiently bowl from around the wicket,” he added.

The 47-year-old also urged to respect those who do their work with utmost honesty, adding that “I do not like to boast about my services to Pakistan cricket, but as a coach, I have performed well.”

https://dailytimes.com.pk/229655/mus...iod-nears-end/

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i wish waqar younis should replace him as a fast bowling coach who is very good with that and saqlain

With the spin bowling coach

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure how this NCA(batting,bowling,fielding) coaches contract works, there should be a clause in their contract where coaches of
    NCA have to find/coach/prepare minimum 3 batsmen/bowler for national team within a year. This should be the criteria of renewal of contract.

Not that someone comes and starts taking credit for all the good that has been happening to pak cricket.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I personally feel we need a spin bowling coach to be with the national team

I have also noticed that Tauseef Ahmed has been hanging around the squad a fair bit recently

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He did good work with Yasir, who's not been the same bowler since Mushy left the spin bowling coach job.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2086 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    I am not sure how this NCA(batting,bowling,fielding) coaches contract works, there should be a clause in their contract where coaches of
    NCA have to find/coach/prepare minimum 3 batsmen/bowler for national team within a year. This should be the criteria of renewal of contract.

Not that someone comes and starts taking credit for all the good that has been happening to pak cricket.
    Can't happen - unless both NCA Coach & National Selector are aligned (report to same guy).

What you are telling actually soccer world runs that way, at least club soccer. Academy directors/coaches and scouts report to Manager, at least dotted reporting with Director Football. That's how Liverpool FC operates and I am sure most clubs are similar in structure.

Cricket administration is obsolete - responsibility without authority doesn't work. NCA coaches can prepare the best talents, but then CS has to pick them, Coach has to play them and Captain has to back them on field.

Then you have tools like Abdul Qadir telling that Head Coach won't have dared to question him, had he selected his son in law for PAK team as CS

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Mushy's a good coach. He helped get the best out of Swann when he was here with England.

He should have his contract renewed, or be our full time spin coach with the national team.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mushy should be with the national team full time and Saqlain should be hired for NCA if possible.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure one can shout from the rooftops about Shadab's success as a leg spinner. He is very early in his career and has not done big things especially in test cricket.

The future is bright for sure.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post
    Not sure one can shout from the rooftops about Shadab's success as a leg spinner. He is very early in his career and has not done big things especially in test cricket.

The future is bright for sure.
    God forbid, if things go south will any one take blame from support stop.

Success has many fathers, while failure is an orphan

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1025 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    The PCB should utilize both Saqlain and Mushtaq. They're well-respected coaches and have done good work with world class and mediocre spinners alike. Should also get Waqar on board again.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    One thing I don’t understand why every cricketer start critisizing PCB at the end of their contracts. It’s up to the Employer to decide if they want you or not, you are mot working there for free.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sri Lanka seeks a wrist spinning coach

Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) will shortly bring down former Australian leg-spinner Peter Sleep for a two-week training session to see whether the 61-year-old fits the bill for a longer stint.

At present SLC is head-hunting for a coach to help overall development of spin-bowling skills of the players in Sri Lanka and head coach Chandika Hathurusingha has recommended Sleep for a pre-assessment. He is expected to arrive on May 7.

“We will have few sessions with him to see whether he meets our expectations,” a highly placed cricket source said.

“We are looking at a wrist-spinner and if Sleep can meet our expectations we may consider him for a full-time position.”

Sleep, who currently works as the spin bowling coach of the Darren Lehmann Cricket Academy in South Australia, has played 14 Test matches for Australia and taken 31 wickets.

He has more than 300 first class wickets under his belt.

He has rarely played two games in succession in his career.

However, after taking ten wickets in the 1986-87 Ashes, he was retained for the next four Tests following the series before falling out of favour again.

Reports earlier suggested that several overseas candidates had applied for the spin bowling coach position including former Pakistan skipper Mushtaq Ahmed. SLC confirmed of receiving four applications for the post.

Ahmed whose contracts with the Pakistan Cricket Boards ends later this month is reportedly keen to join ranks with Sri Lanka cricket.

Mushy Management Company on Saturday (21) confirmed that Mushtaq who has vast experienced in coaching having coached England, Pakistan and several other franchise teams (IPL and PSL) has been approached by Sri Lanka and West Indies.

“He has not decided anything yet but he believes in the potential of Sri Lanka bowlers and the team. He believe he can make a strong difference with a such a young team,” a source from the Mushy Management Company said.

It was also reported that former Sri Lanka all-rounder Ruwan Kalpage is front-runner for the position.

However, with SLC looking for a wrist spinner, the chances of former off-spinning all-rounder landing the job remains doubtful.

Kalpage has previously functioned in many different roles such as fielding coach, spin bowling coach and computer analyst of the Sri Lanka national team.

He was also the assistant coach of the Bangladesh national team under Hathurusingha.

Meanwhile, SLC will appoint a lead fast bowling coach and a head coach for the national Under-19 team shortly.

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/article/10...spinning-coach

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    868 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Saqlain would be a good choice to replace him

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1993 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Maybe Shadab needs to go back to his Master and rediscover himself.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter