Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 72 of 72
  1. #1
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    496
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Has Sarfaraz Ahmed lost confidence in his batting abilities?

    For a captain and a specialist wicket keeper batsman, one would expect him to take charge of situation when chips are down and strike the hammer when team is in good position.

    However here is a batsman clearly short of confidence and coming down at the fall if seventh wicket. Clearly everything is not right with Sarfaraz the batsman. Though the team is currently on a winning streak, this kind of gesture from the captain does not inspire confidence for the team.

    Should there be a word from the coach or the team management to rethink his position such that the team is not negatively impacted by this attitude.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    14,856
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What? He is honest with himself and knows his limitations as a batsman. Faheem, Asif and Hasan can hit a few, and were the right choice at the time.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    1,409
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    What? He is honest with himself and knows his limitations as a batsman. Faheem, Asif and Hasan can hit a few, and were the right choice at the time.
    So he's not a better batsmen than bits and pieces batsmen?

    What a captain.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    17,382
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    What? He is honest with himself and knows his limitations as a batsman. Faheem, Asif and Hasan can hit a few, and were the right choice at the time.
    Why is he playing ODIs if he is not a good batsman?

  5. #5
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    520
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He knows that he is a mediocre batsman who also lacks hitting ability so he sent the tailenders above him

    it's not lack of confidence,it's just lack of ability and he is aware of it

  6. #6
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    8,885
    Mentioned
    2200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    He batted below Hasan Ali, that's poor tbh..


    ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪُﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَ ﻻ ﺍِﻟﻪَ ﺍِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﻭَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﺍَﻛْﺒَﺮُ
    PCL 3 FC CHAMPIONS | Loose Cannons CC | #CannonsFire

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    198
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Master stroke from Sarfaraz. Hassan Ali is a very capable hitter and can use his long handle and can tonk the leather to a fair distance. You have to be unconventional at times.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    20,530
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    With 4 to 6 overs and allrounders hitters still in hunt why will he come to bat?
    He isn’t that situation player . Right call not to bat and send hitters up


    New Era of Team Pakistan

  9. #9
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    2,146
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly no need for sarfaraz to come out in the last few overs, it's hitters we need in the last few overs. Anyone sane wil know this.

    Had he come out earlier the same people would be saying he's not giving youngsters a chance

  10. #10
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    164
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On contrary it was quite unselfish of him . Knowing what was the need of the hour he sent Hassan Ali Ahead of him . He should have sent Asif Ali Ahead of Shoaib Malik

  11. #11
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    14,856
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Bluestone View Post
    So he's not a better batsmen than bits and pieces batsmen?

    What a captain.
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    Why is he playing ODIs if he is not a good batsman?
    He is a better batsman, but more of an accumulator rather than the big hitter that Faheem, Asif and Hasan apparently are. Not sure why the rona gaana. It's like a bunch of over-excited female teenagers here

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    17,107
    Mentioned
    783 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Never had proper batting ability.

    What do you define batting as? He can accumulate some runs against the spinners. Not always though.

    And that's all.

    It's not batting! No team, especially in LOI cricket can accommodate such a player.

    We're the only odd one out and that shows in our poor overall batting strength.

    We lose matches because of our batting. Sarfraz is a significant contributor to that. Not the only one though. We have Malik, Shadab, Imad, sometimes Hafeez too.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can understand promoting Faheem and Asif in the death overs because they are known to be better power-hitters.

    But to promote a bowler (Hasan) above himself was rather odd.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,350
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another Sarfraz bashing thread. With few overs remaining why would u not send your long handle batsmen. It has nothing to do With his ability as a batsman. Sarfraz is the most selfless player I have seen the batting in UAE is easy enough for someone like him to come in middle at bat at good strike rate. Yet he does not try to bat ahead of those Who are specifically chosen in team as batsmen. Those who are complain g about his form should look at his recent contributions. Last match he did not have any bowls left so had to give his wicket away for the team's cause.
    Now he is doing well as a captain he is being criticised for being selfless as a batsman.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    496
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    I can understand promoting Faheem and Asif in the death overs because they are known to be better power-hitters.

    But to promote a bowler (Hasan) above himself was rather odd.
    Exactly my point ... It's a point of concern when the captain who apparently is also a specialist bat comes below a No. 9 or 10 tail ender. It's not test match where there is a specific need of a night watchman to preserve crucial wickets for the next day.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    17,107
    Mentioned
    783 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I do agree with @PakPremi that Sarfraz isn't selfish.

    He did it today for the team. We wanted runs on the board and Sarfraz definitely wasn't the right choice.

    It's good that he realizes his limitations. Even better will once he realizes that he doesn't deserve to play LOis.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    36,233
    Mentioned
    1608 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    I can understand promoting Faheem and Asif in the death overs because they are known to be better power-hitters.

    But to promote a bowler (Hasan) above himself was rather odd.
    Hasan is far more capable of big hits than Sarfaraz will ever be.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  18. #18
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    26,888
    Mentioned
    2168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Today, not only Sarfraz, Hasan could have batted even ahead of Malik. When Haris was out, it was confirmed that PAK wonít get all-out and Babar was set at other end to rotate strike. Asif, Hasan/Shadab, Fahim would have been my order.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    83,391
    Mentioned
    6213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    How embarrassing is it for him to be worse than a tail-ender at hitting big shots? How long before Mr. Selfless turns up at number 11?

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,350
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I do agree with @PakPremi that Sarfraz isn't selfish.

    He did it today for the team. We wanted runs on the board and Sarfraz definitely wasn't the right choice.

    It's good that he realizes his limitations. Even better will once he realizes that he doesn't deserve to play LOis.
    True Pak would have scored 300 had Sarfraz was not selfish and came to bat at 9 in the first ODI. Some people and their personal agendas.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    14,186
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Did i miss something? Sarfraz isnt a hitter so did the right thing sending players that can use the long handle

    If anything its selfless and putting the team first


    If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,350
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Did i miss something? Sarfraz isnt a hitter so did the right thing sending players that can use the long handle


    If anything its selfless and putting the team first
    Some people are worried he is not giving Karthik competition.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    83,391
    Mentioned
    6213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Misbah didn't hide behind tail-enders either. I felt a new level of embarrassment today when Captain Fantastic batted below Hasan.

    The explanation? Hasan is a better hitter. Even more embarrassing. What kind of a batsman is he if he cannot even outpour tail-enders when it comes to big shots?

    I feel more embarrassed now than I did when I started typing this post. Oh dear.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,350
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Misbah didn't hide behind tail-enders either. I felt a new level of embarrassment today when Captain Fantastic batted below Hasan.

    The explanation? Hasan is a better hitter. Even more embarrassing. What kind of a batsman is he if he cannot even outpour tail-enders when it comes to big shots?

    I feel more embarrassed now than I did when I started typing this post. Oh dear.
    So all those team that send their pinch hitters up the order before proper batsmen must have cowards in their team. If I am not wrong even dear India has sent likes of fake all rounder Pandaya before batsmen. Sarfraz has already shown in theODI and the first ODIhe is capable of playing at good strike rate but to be a good ODI you do not need to be six hitter.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    83,391
    Mentioned
    6213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    So all those team that send their pinch hitters up the order before proper batsmen must have cowards in their team. If I am not wrong even dear India has sent likes of fake all rounder Pandaya before batsmen. Sarfraz has already shown in theODI and the first ODIhe is capable of playing at good strike rate but to be a good ODI you do not need to be six hitter.
    Hasan is a not a pinch-hitter; he is a tail-ender. These days, very few tail-enders are genuine bunnies like Walsh, McGrath or Chris Martins. They all can hold their own with the bat, but that does not make them "pinch hitters" or "fake all-rounders". They are still tail-enders.

    Pandya is a not a fake all-rounder, he is a genuine all-rounder, and the best young prospect in the game today. Perhaps Sarfraz fans of all people ought to respect him a bit more because he beat the living daylights out of our fake all-rounders in the match you folks milk to date and cannot move on from.

    I thought we were just going to stop at embarrassment here, but today, a new level of desperation has been reached as well - it is okay for Sarfraz to bat below Hasan Ali, because India has also promoted Pandya up the order many times.

    Wow. Sarfraz Fan Club in a nutshell - nothing more needs to be said.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Rawalakot, Kashmir
    Runs
    552
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    we know he is not capable of power hitting / slogging & we don't expect / demand 150 SR innings from him.

    His role (according to his fans) is of an accumulator. If so, then he should be play at number 3/4 rather than 6/7.

    IMO his captaincy is alright (if not marvelous) but remove the captain's tag & he is yet to justify his place in the team as a batsman.

    Some people are arguing here that it's his selflessness, as if he was reaching some milestone & he dropped himself. It's not selflessness it's called hiding behind others or lack of confidence/ability.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,350
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Hasan is a not a pinch-hitter; he is a tail-ender. These days, very few tail-enders are genuine bunnies like Walsh, McGrath or Chris Martins. They all can hold their own with the bat, but that does not make them "pinch hitters" or "fake all-rounders". They are still tail-enders.

    Pandya is a not a fake all-rounder, he is a genuine all-rounder, and the best young prospect in the game today. Perhaps Sarfraz fans of all people ought to respect him a bit more because he beat the living daylights out of our fake all-rounders in the match you folks milk to date and cannot move on from.

    I thought we were just going to stop at embarrassment here, but today, a new level of desperation has been reached as well - it is okay for Sarfraz to bat below Hasan Ali, because India has also promoted Pandya up the order many times.

    Wow. Sarfraz Fan Club in a nutshell - nothing more needs to be said.
    Even likes of Wahab and Amir have made 50s that does not make them all rounder. Pandaya performances thus far confirm he is as fake as it gets. He could well improve. Do you think Sarfraz was scared to bat last over no team management must have thought Hasan Ali had a better chance at blind slogging a six than Sarfaz did. And if it is good enough for India promoting slogger Pandaya then why is not for Pakistan. I have seen Hasan slog effectively many times.
    Last edited by PakPremi; 12th November 2018 at 02:01.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    26,888
    Mentioned
    2168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Did i miss something? Sarfraz isnt a hitter so did the right thing sending players that can use the long handle

    If anything its selfless and putting the team first
    Nice logic, agreed.

    But bro, what is his purpose in the team then? Canít bat in top 3 because he wonít last long against new ball, canít bat at 4-5 because there are few better than him there, canít bat at 6-7-8 because he canít blast instantly.... left is no. 9. Obviously, with gloves he is not the best guy in country.

    Haters can whin as much as they wish, but Sarfraz has big heart and heart always wins over head or muscle - Sarfraz wins there hands down; even Imran was selfish to steal the limelight - batted at 3 in WC final, which happens to be his last game.

    You see, there is a reason I always say as Captain, FaF, Kohli, Smith, Root/Morgan or Will are no match for him - that earns him an inherited right to be PAK Captain for 3 formats as long as he wishes (deserving as well - 2017 CT is the last edition - forever that name is engraved there)........... and this minnow leader Mashrafe shouldnít even sit by his side in press conference.
    Last edited by MMHS; 12th November 2018 at 02:12.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    36,233
    Mentioned
    1608 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    How embarrassing is it for him to be worse than a tail-ender at hitting big shots? How long before Mr. Selfless turns up at number 11?
    It's not Sarfaraz's job to be worried about keyboard warriors.

    Performed just fine the last time the team really needed him in a crunch situation.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  30. #30
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    6,819
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Hasan is a not a pinch-hitter; he is a tail-ender. These days, very few tail-enders are genuine bunnies like Walsh, McGrath or Chris Martins. They all can hold their own with the bat, but that does not make them "pinch hitters" or "fake all-rounders". They are still tail-enders.

    Pandya is a not a fake all-rounder, he is a genuine all-rounder, and the best young prospect in the game today. Perhaps Sarfraz fans of all people ought to respect him a bit more because he beat the living daylights out of our fake all-rounders in the match you folks milk to date and cannot move on from.

    I thought we were just going to stop at embarrassment here, but today, a new level of desperation has been reached as well - it is okay for Sarfraz to bat below Hasan Ali, because India has also promoted Pandya up the order many times.

    Wow. Sarfraz Fan Club in a nutshell - nothing more needs to be said.
    You are being silly. For the requirement of facing two balls, Hasan is a better striker off the ball than even the great Rahul dravid


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    5,070
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Obviously, with gloves he is not the best guy in country.
    .
    I actually think he is. There is no Rashid Latif waiting in the wings anyways. There may be wicketkeepers in domestic circuit who are tiny bit better than Sarfaraz but thats it really.

    Sarfarazís role in the team is unique. He can bat at no.5/6 in ODIs (though I would always bat him at 8/9).
    Believe it or not but Sarfaraz does bring a lot to the table. Decent keeper, an ever improving captain which the whole team respects, and obviously he chips in with the bat on more then enough occassions.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    2,015
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nothing wrong here.,
    Who will u send in the last over:
    Rahul dravid or harbhajan singh:
    Surely bhajji and it doesn't mean that rahul dravid isn't a quality batsman in odis.
    Some people are just Making a mountain out of a molehill.

  33. #33
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    13,533
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz is a actually decent hitter when there is pace on the pitch (SENA & WI). Only in UAE, his batting is pretty useless unless there is a collapse.


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  34. #34
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    36,233
    Mentioned
    1608 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Nothing wrong here.,
    Who will u send in the last over:
    Rahul dravid or harbhajan singh:
    Surely bhajji and it doesn't mean that rahul dravid isn't a quality batsman in odis.
    Some people are just Making a mountain out of a molehill.
    Exactly. Basic common sense stuff.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  35. #35
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    36,233
    Mentioned
    1608 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Sarfraz is a actually decent hitter when there is pace on the pitch (SENA & WI). Only in UAE, his batting is pretty useless unless there is a collapse.
    If the ball is coming onto the bat really well, and the boundaries are quite short, then yes.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  36. #36
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Rawalakot, Kashmir
    Runs
    552
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Sarfraz is a actually decent hitter when there is pace on the pitch (SENA & WI). Only in UAE, his batting is pretty useless unless there is a collapse.
    when there is pace on pitch the opposite team doesn't play 2-3 spinners & sarfu can't deal with pace bowlers

  37. #37
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    13,533
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadozai View Post
    when there is pace on pitch the opposite team doesn't play 2-3 spinners & sarfu can't deal with pace bowlers
    He can't hit big sixes, but he hits the gaps well and improvises for boundaries.


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    915
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the comment section of this thread were a song, it'd be Hot and Cold by Katy Perry. Some questioning Sarfraz the batsman, some praising his innings awareness of the game.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    6,544
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Keyboard warriors at it again. Oh my God does these guys are so desperate!

    Sarfraz did great when last time the team needed at 85-6 him but like always self hating agenda driven Pakistanis and some non-Pakistanis have issues with him.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  40. #40
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    14,186
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This thread seems to be one of those created because there is nothing to criticise the team about today

    The poster probably thought Pakistan would fold and be humiliated today and when the opposite happened letís nit pick about Sarfis batting

    Criticism just for the sake of it


    If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back


  41. #41
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,350
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I over estimated Mamoon I thought someone with his experience of watching matches would have match awareness. So when in a test match a night watchman is sent with only few overs left to face does it mean that like of Anderson has better technique to survivet han a proper batsman like Root. It's done for tactical reason. The issue is not Sarfraz but any thing Pak does is wrong plucky or freakish. I used freakish to define Boult's hat trick only because Mamoon was alluding to Shadab's hat trick as fortunate. Yet Shadab has out bowled Boult in the series. Alag alag peymaney naapney key liyeh.
    Last edited by PakPremi; 12th November 2018 at 03:50.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,958
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    stop running scared.... Hassan ali seriously?

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    41,476
    Mentioned
    1937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Couldn't criticize his captaincy, keeping or batting in this series so picking up on the fact that he sent bigger hitters ahead of him in the dying stages of the match. These same teenage girls would have criticized him had he sent himself ahead of the likes of Fahim and Hasan. Basically the goal is to bash Sarfaraz no matter what. These "fans" are lucky this forum is heavily moderated otherwise I would have let them know what I really feel about them.


    Mein inko rolaonga

  44. #44
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    4,781
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    no he hasn't, if anything he sacrifices a consistent batting spot for himself and comes to bat according to the situation

    promoting Asif, Fahlem, Imad (even Hassan Ali) above himself when there are less than 5 over left is a selfless move, not a sign of lacking confidence

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,543
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Couldn't criticize his captaincy, keeping or batting in this series so picking up on the fact that he sent bigger hitters ahead of him in the dying stages of the match. These same teenage girls would have criticized him had he sent himself ahead of the likes of Fahim and Hasan. Basically the goal is to bash Sarfaraz no matter what. These "fans" are lucky this forum is heavily moderated otherwise I would have let them know what I really feel about them.
    Lol thatís so true. People ll criticize Sarfi no matter what. He thinks(rightly so) that others are better hitters so sent them. Thatís not called ďhiding behind playersĒ thats called ďselfless behaviorĒ which most here donít understand.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    6,544
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    no he hasn't, if anything he sacrifices a consistent batting spot for himself and comes to bat according to the situation

    promoting Asif, Fahlem, Imad (even Hassan Ali) above himself when there are less than 5 over left is a selfless move, not a sign of lacking confidence
    Agreed, he is starting to get back in good form with scores of 94 and 81 (test), 34 off 26 in only t20 he batted, and 66 in 1st odi and i thought in 2nd odi he should have promoted himself up over likes of Malik and Hafeez to get some more runs under his belt before the test series but once again he didnt want to score cheap runs and let Malik and Hafeez score runs after their failure in 1st odi. Selfless player!


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,958
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hassan ali is a hitter? He might connect with one after missing 6 balls. He's more likely to lose his wicket or stall an innings than propell it.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,958
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This also shows.... take Sarfraz out, makes no difference to team. They win inspite of him, not because of him.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    6,544
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    He batted below Hasan Ali, that's poor tbh..
    Hasan Ali is a better hitter than Sarfraz and Sarfraz's fans and he himself admits this. Nothing wrong in acknowledging your limitations.

    Hasan is considered as a hitter by the management for some time now thats why he is promoted often over Shadab and Imad too and not just Sarfraz in the death overs.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  50. #50
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    6,086
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent bowling by @PakPremi.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    6,086
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Couldn't criticize his captaincy, keeping or batting in this series so picking up on the fact that he sent bigger hitters ahead of him in the dying stages of the match. These same teenage girls would have criticized him had he sent himself ahead of the likes of Fahim and Hasan. Basically the goal is to bash Sarfaraz no matter what. These "fans" are lucky this forum is heavily moderated otherwise I would have let them know what I really feel about them.
    Sums it up beautifully.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,350
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Hassan ali is a hitter? He might connect with one after missing 6 balls. He's more likely to lose his wicket or stall an innings than propell it.
    In ODI not everyone gets to bat but if team collapsing like the first ODI you will find the use of Sarfraz. His captaincy and wicket keep was up to mark which contributed in no small measure to good team perfrmances in the series, with Sarfraz contributing in many matches where he had sufficient time to bat. Stop the blind and bias hate., unless you can introduce a Dhoni or Gilchrist support the team.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    198
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Hassan ali is a hitter? He might connect with one after missing 6 balls. He's more likely to lose his wicket or stall an innings than propell it.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 12th November 2018 at 15:03.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    17,107
    Mentioned
    783 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Hasan Ali is a better hitter than Sarfraz and Sarfraz's fans and he himself admits this. Nothing wrong in acknowledging your limitations.

    Hasan is considered as a hitter by the management for some time now thats why he is promoted often over Shadab and Imad too and not just Sarfraz in the death overs.
    You should honestly also realize that Sarfraz's game of accumulation that too against the spinners has no place in LOI cricket.

    You're partly accepting one thing but not ready to accept the root cause, the bitter reality.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    2,146
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    You should honestly also realize that Sarfraz's game of accumulation that too against the spinners has no place in LOI cricket.

    You're partly accepting one thing but not ready to accept the root cause, the bitter reality.
    Going by your theory misbah is the worst player to ever played for Pakistan and should have never ever played for Pakistan

    Finally you agree

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,958
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay View Post
    Now put your nuanced hat on and watch it again.

    Vast Majority of his shots are against spinners on the baby kiwi boundaries. He could only strike one or maybe two (one of those was an attempted slower one I think) against seamers. Some attempted "strikes" went over slips and keeper.....

    Were the spinners on when he was sent in yesterday?

  57. #57
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    12,757
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hassan Ali is a far more capable hitter than Sarfaraz. There were only 2 overs left at that point, not quite sure what the issue is.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,350
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    You should honestly also realize that Sarfraz's game of accumulation that too against the spinners has no place in LOI cricket.

    You're partly accepting one thing but not ready to accept the root cause, the bitter reality.
    I think we should go the way of successful teams like India and look for wicket keeper batsmen with Karthik or Pants ability of playing destructive innings.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    6,414
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He was always a mediocre batsmen who was a good strike rotater specially against spinners. His game against pace has always been average. He is a liability in the current team, Pakistan can't afford to carry him with Hafeez and Malik in the playing 11.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Muscat,Oman
    Runs
    1,249
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are being harsh on Sarfaraz!He was never a player who could just come on to the crease and dispatch bowlers for fun.He batted quite well in the first ODI during a crisis which restored my faith in his batting capacity.However,the people who frequently take digs at Misbah with the aim to defend Sarfaraz should have some shame.This can be done without involving a player who has always backed Sarfaraz despite all the criticism!

  61. #61
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    2,146
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Now put your nuanced hat on and watch it again.

    Vast Majority of his shots are against spinners on the baby kiwi boundaries. He could only strike one or maybe two (one of those was an attempted slower one I think) against seamers. Some attempted "strikes" went over slips and keeper.....

    Were the spinners on when he was sent in yesterday?
    So you wanted sarfaraz to come in and build a inning in a last few overs?

    What your saying is understandable if were chasing a target but we had a decent score on the board it didn't matter if we sent in Hassan Ali for batting practice or shaheen Shah. If your concerned about a better total then babar is your man your need to sort out he slowed the run rate by playing selfish for his 100 which he didn't get in the end

    Stop following cricinfo about time you watched some games

    Seriously an IQ test should be carried out before anyone joins this forum

  62. #62
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    2,146
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    Hassan Ali is a far more capable hitter than Sarfaraz. There were only 2 overs left at that point, not quite sure what the issue is.
    Issue is some people wanted sarfaraz to come in the last 2 overs build an inning and score a 100

  63. #63
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    520
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Nothing wrong here.,
    Who will u send in the last over:
    Rahul dravid or harbhajan singh:
    Surely bhajji and it doesn't mean that rahul dravid isn't a quality batsman in odis.
    Some people are just Making a mountain out of a molehill.
    Unless Dravid was in his late 30s I would have sent him
    He has played some quickfire knocks for us including a 22 ball 50 and once smashed 65 runs in last 5 overs(46-50) which was a record then

    And Dravid had a ability to play long innings
    He was One of the best batsmen for his team
    Sarfaraz on the other hand bats at 6-7,he is an average batsman who isn't among top batsmen of his side neither he has the ability to slog better than a tailender who averages 10 with the bat

  64. #64
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    11
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a funny topic to me

    IMO it is simply that individuals have clear defined roles under this management. Sarfraz's role is more more of an accumulator. If Pakistan were 12/3 or 12/4 (did you really think he would send Faheem or Hasan above him), he would come in and try to build a partnership. It is clearly defined. If its last 2-3 overs, there is a need for a slogger sort of role where they use Asif, Faheem and Hassan. Why is it hard to understand this? They have set roles for each player and that is how it should be.

    That said, I am not denying that Sarfraz should work on his hitting ability so he can be a more all-round batsman but people simply like to provide criticism these days so no apparent reason!

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    17,107
    Mentioned
    783 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emranabbas View Post
    Going by your theory misbah is the worst player to ever played for Pakistan and should have never ever played for Pakistan

    Finally you agree
    You should be ashamed of your hate and biased logic.

    There was no better power hitter than Misbah in our team. Launched whenever it mattered.

    STOP fooling around.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,350
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRyan10 View Post
    Unless Dravid was in his late 30s I would have sent him
    He has played some quickfire knocks for us including a 22 ball 50 and once smashed 65 runs in last 5 overs(46-50) which was a record then

    And Dravid had a ability to play long innings
    He was One of the best batsmen for his team
    Sarfaraz on the other hand bats at 6-7,he is an average batsman who isn't among top batsmen of his side neither he has the ability to slog better than a tailender who averages 10 with the bat
    Dravid was in the side primarily for his batting . He was a world class batsman but if few balls were left to face I would have sent Harbhajan to try hit maximum when setting up higher score. Sarfraz has also scored many quick runs innings for Pak in ODI and has performed in many positions including as an opener, even thoughheis not in team as a main batsman. So deserves a lot of respect. There are no better keeper batsman in domestic league, so do not understand the hate, especiallywhenhe has put in some steller performances lately in test, ODIs and T20 after his slump in form. Of course it can be argued that Sarfraz should lessen his burden and give up T20 captaincy so he can focus on his captaincy and batting form in the two more impirtant formats. His performances are no worse than the current wicket keepers of the best ODI team India.
    Last edited by PakPremi; 12th November 2018 at 15:17.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    2,146
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    You should be ashamed of your hate and biased logic.

    There was no better power hitter than Misbah in our team. Launched whenever it mattered.

    STOP fooling around.
    It's you who is hating in every other sarfaraz thread so it's you who should be ashamed not me.

    Misbah never had a power game, I wish he did we would have not lost so many games because of him.

    Let's not forget his power game in t20 final
    Lost us the worldcup from a winning position.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    2,015
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRyan10 View Post
    Unless Dravid was in his late 30s I would have sent him
    He has played some quickfire knocks for us including a 22 ball 50 and once smashed 65 runs in last 5 overs(46-50) which was a record then

    And Dravid had a ability to play long innings
    He was One of the best batsmen for his team
    Sarfaraz on the other hand bats at 6-7,he is an average batsman who isn't among top batsmen of his side neither he has the ability to slog better than a tailender who averages 10 with the bat
    Dravid was a world class accumulator
    I am not saying that sarfaraz is as good a player as dravid, dravid was miles ahead but still i woulf have sent bhajji in last over. Lets agree to disagree.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    17,382
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    So all those team that send their pinch hitters up the order before proper batsmen must have cowards in their team. If I am not wrong even dear India has sent likes of fake all rounder Pandaya before batsmen. Sarfraz has already shown in theODI and the first ODIhe is capable of playing at good strike rate but to be a good ODI you do not need to be six hitter.
    Are you seriously comparing Pandaya's batting with Hasan's ? times millions

  70. #70
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    5,426
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emranabbas View Post

    Let's not forget his power game in t20 final
    Lost us the worldcup from a winning position.
    He's the one who got you close in the first place.

    You would've been bowled out for around 110 if it wasn't for him

  71. #71
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Runs
    619
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Never had proper batting ability.

    What do you define batting as? He can accumulate some runs against the spinners. Not always though.

    And that's all.

    It's not batting! No team, especially in LOI cricket can accommodate such a player.

    We're the only odd one out and that shows in our poor overall batting strength.

    We lose matches because of our batting. Sarfraz is a significant contributor to that. Not the only one though. We have Malik, Shadab, Imad, sometimes Hafeez too.
    Bhai koi reh tu nahi gya? Ek Dafa phir check karlo

  72. #72
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,878
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    This thread seems to be one of those created because there is nothing to criticise the team about today

    The poster probably thought Pakistan would fold and be humiliated today and when the opposite happened letís nit pick about Sarfis batting

    Criticism just for the sake of it
    This.
    Pathetic thread.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •