Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

PSL 2019 : New signings and transfer window discussion thread

The transfer window used to open in June/July and we used to see some major trades. Any news on it this time?

If life on earth is temporary...what make you think that your problems are permanent?

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pakistan Super League 2019 : Transfer Window and Player Announcement Thread

Last edited by Arham_PakFan; 2nd September 2018 at 07:35.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A B Devilliers, Warner, Sam Curran 😂

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    A B Devilliers, Warner, Sam Curran ��
    Lol, probably ABD

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    Lol, probably ABD
    Buttler and stokes would be great

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ABD. This is going to be awesome. Well done, PSL!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Could be AB but haven't seen a concrete source report it yet. Excited to find out.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ab devilliers has signed and talks ongoing with Warner, Smith and Amla according to reports on twitter

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AB would be massive, I’ll believe it when I see it. Hope he doesn’t go to Karachi though

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4782 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    This is huge for Qalandars. He will turn things around for them.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Just like BMac did?

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brendon McCullum was supposed to do that.. But he was as bad as Azhar Ali

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    AB would be massive, Iíll believe it when I see it. Hope he doesnít go to Karachi though
    It's 99% certain to be AB.Look at the background of the picture in the OP. I have a picture but can't upload it as too large in size. And previous teasers about the No. 17 confirm it's him.

He will go to Qalandars who have the first pick, courtesy of finishing bottom last season as usual.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's AB I'm pretty sure. Only one who fufills all those requirements. Especially a keeper who bowls.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4782 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    Just like BMac did?
    Brendon McCullum was supposed to do that.. But he was as bad as Azhar Ali
    You canít really compare the two. McCullum is a great slogger but he could not click on the slowish UAE wickets, and his suicidal style of captaincy was also ill-suited to those conditions.

de Villiers is a legit all-time great and still at the top of his game. He will definitely adjust to those pitches. LQís team is not bad, but they need a focal point around which the team can bat. He can be that player.

Not sure if he should captain the team. I would prefer Fakhar, but I also think that Fakhar should be in Zalmi. It just doesnít feel right to see him in another franchise.

Hafeez and/or Haris should be in LQ and Fakhar should be in Zalmi, but de Villiers is an invaluable addition for LQ.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You canít really compare the two. McCullum is a great slogger but he could not click on the slowish UAE wickets, and his suicidal style of captaincy was also ill-suited to those conditions.

de Villiers is a legit all-time great and still at the top of his game. He will definitely adjust to those pitches. LQís team is not bad, but they need a focal point around which the team can bat. He can be that player.

Not sure if he should captain the team. I would prefer Fakhar, but I also think that Fakhar should be in Zalmi. It just doesnít feel right to see him in another franchise.

Hafeez and/or Haris should be in LQ and Fakhar should be in Zalmi, but de Villiers is an invaluable addition for LQ.
    I suppose BMac will be traded with some other franchise to make room for AB.

Don't see why Fakhar should be in Zalmi, unless you're talking about his ethnic background. He would be the perfect choice for captaining LQ.
    Last edited by Arham_PakFan; 2nd September 2018 at 12:58.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Cricket team can have interesting Transfer windows like in Football tbh

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4782 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    I suppose BMac will be traded with some other franchise to make room for AB.

Don't see why Fakhar should be in Zalmi, unless you're talking about his ethnic background. He would be the perfect choice for captaining LQ.
    Yes that is why. Heís the most popular Pathan player right now and was playing for Zalmi few weeks back in some local competition, why I think was quite odd and I donít see why LQ will be okay with it, unless a deal has already been agreed behind the scenes.

There is considerable pressure from Zalmi supporters to bring Fakhar into the team. I am pretty sure Javed Afridi would be trying to bring him on board, but he is LQís star player so it will be difficult.

As far as McCullum is concerned, I wonít be surprised if he doesnít get picked this time. He has flopped like Gayle and age isnít on his side either, and with the likes of de Villiers and potentially Smith and Warner coming in, he will probably get ignored.
    Last edited by Mamoon; 2nd September 2018 at 13:05.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aamer Yamin should move to Multan Sultans. It is perfect for both parties as Yamin is being wasted at LQ and MS desperately needs an all-rounder. In the alternative, MS should consider signing Bilal Asif.

LQ should sign Haris Sohail from PZ. Again, he is being wasted at PZ whereas LQ desperately need an accumulator for the middle overs.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Aamer Yamin should move to Multan Sultans. It is perfect for both parties as Yamin is being wasted at LQ and MS desperately needs an all-rounder. In the alternative, MS should consider signing Bilal Asif.

LQ should sign Haris Sohail from PZ. Again, he is being wasted at PZ whereas LQ desperately need an accumulator for the middle overs.
    LQ should also look to sign a decent keeper.I don't think Ab will be willing to keep,and Gulraiz Sadaf/Denesh Ramdin are not good enough.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LQ should also look to sign a decent keeper.I don't think Ab will be willing to keep,and Gulraiz Sadaf/Denesh Ramdin are not good enough.
    I was talking more about players transfers, but you raise a good point. Umair Masood would be perfect and is currently unsigned. Although LQ might want to add some experience to the side.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely. LQ badly need a WK, I don't think having Umar Akmal as a wicketkeeper was a good idea nor was retaining him in the team was good.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    "Fielder"

That's the one. Narrows it down.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it confirmed he will play for Qalandars?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    First thing PCB (PSL Governing Body) should force franchise is to appoint young PAK players as Captain. Senior players/foreigners can mentor the Captain, but 6, U29 Pakistani should lead 6 sides. Then, they should ensure that 6 PAK players are keeping - Sarfraz, Kamran, Rizwan is there, may be other 3 from Umar/Hasan, Banghas, Rohail & Umair. Players like Ronchi, Mushfique, Walton, Haddin, Perera ... Ramdhin can play as batsman, but WK task must be assigned to local player. Quality of foreign recruit might suffer a bit as I am expecting Khan to ensure entire PSL in PAK, but hardly matters - PSL is in 4th years and if it still needs a semi retired Gayle, KP or Watson for it's branding, it's a major issue.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
    Is it confirmed he will play for Qalandars?
    If AB is in the draft, then 99% yes as LQ will have the first pick thanks to their amazing talent of coming last every time.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    If AB is in the draft, then 99% yes as LQ will have the first pick thanks to their amazing talent of coming last every time.
    lol Ok. I love the way LQ play, they are always exciting, hope they succeed in PSL 4.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One can never be sure with Lahore Qalandars though.
    The geniuses who are part of the think tank might come up with something special, to everyone's surprise!!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    LQ have confirmed to us that they haven't decided on ABdV yet and it depends upon who is in the list and how many matches players will be available for in next PSL.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Him playing PSL is huge but the real thing will be if he does come and play in Pakistan.Would love to see him hitting sixes in front of LQ's own crowd in Gadaffi Stadium.Even better when he will be smashing Karachi in National Stadium

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read his interview somewhere where he said, he'll play just the IPL and SA domestics but, how did he change his mind?

Anyways good for PSL and Pakistan cricket.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who else do you think will sign up for PSL for 2019?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    seems some diff style of draft as Dean Jones says

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoeyfactor View Post
    Who else do you think will sign up for PSL for 2019?
    Steve Smith and David Warner have also been reported. Makes sense if they want to continue to improve fitness and play on worldwide stage pre WC 2019.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    seems some diff style of draft as Dean Jones says
    It might not be fixed cap draft with foreigners at least and there should be random picks - otherwise LQ again will enjoy 12 -13 rounds of 1st pick, then will play Ramdhin at 4.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

AB de Villiers and Steve Smith headline Pakistan Super League Player Draft Platinum Roster

De Villiers and Smith Headline Pakistan Super League Player Draft Platinum Roster

Lahore October 3: South African legend AB de Villiers and prolific Australian batsman Steve Smith will be two of the star attractions at this year’s Pakistan Super League (PSL) Player Draft.

Some of the world’s most exciting T20 stars are set to dazzle at the PSL once again.

The list also includes the Windies trio of Dwayne Bravo, Kieron Pollard and Sunil Narine. Bravo was picked up by Peshawar Zalmi last year but couldn't join the team due to an injury. Pollard, the Multan Sultans all-rounder, said he looked forward to playing in the PSL once again. "PSL is an extremely competitive tournament," said Pollard. "Whenever availability permits, I always look forward to playing at the PSL," he added.

Sunil Narine, who has been an integral part of the Lahore Qalandars squad, shared his excitement at seeing so many stars sign up for the 2019 edition. "I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at the PSL in all these seasons," said Narine. "The next year should be even bigger and better with such an impressive player roster."

Australian star Chris Lynn, who was ruled out of last year’s tournament for Lahore Qalandars due to an injury, has also signed with the PSL again for the upcoming season.

Lynn is joined on the list by fellow Australian star Shane Watson who topped the batting charts for Quetta Gladiators last year with 319 runs in 10 matches.

Black Caps’ wicket-keeper batsman Luke Ronchi goes up from Diamond to Platinum this year, given his prolific form in the last season where he was the highest run-scorer with 435 runs in 11 matches for Islamabad United.

"I had a phenomenal run with at the Pakistan Super League last year and I can't wait to get back into action," said Ronchi. "I loved the hospitality of the people when we played in Karachi and we managed to create some very special memories by lifting the trophy last year," added Ronchi while talking about his experience of playing in Pakistan.
    Ronchi’s former New Zealand teammates Brendon McCullum and Mitchell McClenaghan join him on the list.

Afghanistan spin sensation Rashid Khan will be looking to play his first PSL game this year after being called up for national duty last year. He is currently placed on the Quetta Gladiators roster. Sri Lankan all-rounder Thisara Perera is also in the mix as a Platinum category player, Perera has represented Gladiators in the past.

South African and Karachi Kings batsman Colin Ingram returns as a Platinum signing on the back of a very successful T20 campaign in England where he scored 430 runs in 11 matches this season. “Playing with Karachi Kings gave me a great opportunity to interact with some lovely people from Pakistan," said Ingram. "The quality of cricket at the PSL stood out for me but, more importantly, I am very proud of the fact that I played in Pakistan and experienced what this game means to Pakistani fans.”

All those foreign players on this list who were a part of PSL squads last season can be retained, traded or released into the Draft Pool. With the trade and retention window currently open, the next few weeks promise to offer great excitement for PSL fans as teams will make key decisions on player retentions, trades and releases.

“This is a very exciting mix of top quality foreign players,” said Mr. Ehsan Mani, Chairman PCB. “In the next few days, PSL will continue to announce more foreign player signings in various categories as the excitement grows around what should be an extremely interesting Player Draft.”

Pakistan Super League returns to action on 14 February 2019!

Name:  IMG-20181004-WA0006.jpg
Views: 2034
Size:  213.4 KB

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Steve Smith in the PSL is amazing news. An IPL star and international star. Whichever franchise gets him will have an incredible presence in the dressing room.

Hope my franchise sign him up as he is one my favourties!

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish Warner was there as well. Could have been a good signing.

Otherwise this is a good list.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Woooot

When was Smith signed?!? That's great news for PSL. Wish Warner was there as well.

Would love them in the already invincible Islamabad United, led by a leader you cannot out Fox.

Will be a walk in the park again for team Misbah.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Quetta will retain Rashid Khan.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Quetta will retain Rashid Khan.
    Afghanistan will have an series during PSL so I don't think he will be available.

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelandofthebravepeople View Post
    Afghanistan will have an series during PSL so I don't think he will be available.
    Depends on the length of the series. Even if he is available for 5 games, Quetta will retain him.

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I feel like there are few players missing from that list that were platinum category players last year.

Like Russel, does that mean he’s not playing the PSL this year.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by j_kazmi View Post
    I feel like there are few players missing from that list that were platinum category players last year.

Like Russel, does that mean he’s not playing the PSL this year.
    Watson only one who they’ve confirmed is also part of the list, despite not being in the pic
    Not sure about Dre Russ, Duminy etc

Chances look slim, because England and West Indies have a series that lasts the entire PSL

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone knows what will be the order of picks after retention and stuff?
    Like AB is expected to be picked by LQ, but would they be able to get the first pick even if they retain Lynn? And who gets to have the second pick in Platinum?

Parnell recently turned Kolpak and expressed his desire to play in PSL and in Pakistan. Which category is he listed in?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If I was Lahore id actually go with Smith

They need the stability and leadership that he guarantees

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who got 2nd bid after lahore?

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ummii View Post
    Who got 2nd bid after lahore?
    Multan Sultans

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mitchell Mac and Thisara Parera, these guys are in platinum are gonna earn more than they do in IPL. Good for them.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why am I not impressed with this list? Just feel that there is something missing.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why am I not impressed with this list? Just feel that there is something missing.
    Few English players are missing like Roy, Hales due to their series. Also KP has retired so may be you are missing him.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What abt Mourne Morkel? If he was to be there surely he would have been in platinum instead of Mitchel Mcclenaghan.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope this is not the complete list because some players are missing and the players missing will be free during psl.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by szundercover View Post
    I hope this is not the complete list because some players are missing and the players missing will be free during psl.
    Mani says more foreign signings will be done in coming days so lets see how that goes

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to espn cricinfo David warner has refused to play psl, wonder why he did that? If Steve smith can play then why not David warner?

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Mani says more foreign signings will be done in coming days so lets see how that goes
    I hope this is the case .

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Eight matches will be played in Pakistan. Watson refused to play last time. Will these players play in Pakistan?

Rlaely it desonít mttaer waht I wirte youíll sitll uanrtednsnd it

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mitchell Johnson?

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by szundercover View Post
    According to espn cricinfo David warner has refused to play psl, wonder why he did that? If Steve smith can play then why not David warner?
    He might not be willing to travel to Pakistan? Have they added that clause in the contracts I don’t know?

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smith really isnt that good a limited overs player, shouldnt be platinum. Plus his cricketing ban should have covered all forms of cricket, at every level. NOt impressed.

Plus, anyone now wanting the PSL money needs to confirm they will be playing in Pakistan.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JP Duminy has said he won't be able to participate in the tournament because of domestic and international commitments

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would a franchise actually go for Smith given the recent scandal? Smith and Warner have already been banned in the IPL, and I was hoping that PSL do the same.

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackShadow View Post
    Would a franchise actually go for Smith given the recent scandal? Smith and Warner have already been banned in the IPL, and I was hoping that PSL do the same.
    That was for the last IPL. I’m sure they’ll be back for the next IPL.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackShadow View Post
    They will be back next ipl. Also played carribean league

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to see some big players stepping up. Wished Warner could join the list too.

Now I will be very angry if the same repetitive thing happens that all star players back off when it's time to come to Pakistan. Sethi better takes care of this situation now. If they are willing to come then it's good. Otherwise, leave them. After all, it is Pakistan Super League.

If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boi View Post
    He might not be willing to travel to Pakistan? Have they added that clause in the contracts I don’t know?
    If these current contracted players are willing to travel to Pakistan (and if they do) then i think there wont be any issues for top teams like Australia,New Zealand, England and South Africa to tour Pakistan in the future.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARK Rafay View Post
    Nice to see some big players stepping up. Wished Warner could join the list too.

Now I will be very angry if the same repetitive thing happens that all star players back off when it's time to come to Pakistan. Sethi better takes care of this situation now. If they are willing to come then it's good. Otherwise, leave them. After all, it is Pakistan Super League.
    You didn’t get the memo then?

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    This is why all the leagues should take place in the same three-month window. If each league lasts around a month, it would ease the competition a little but will sti ensure that the best players get paid a lot and everyone is available to play.

This would also allow the players to focus on their international duties outside of these three months.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JP Duminy has said he won't be able to participate in the tournament because of domestic and international commitments
    Jp Duminy can be available for the first half of Psl because he has retired from tests and during the first half of Psl , Sri lanka and South Africa test series will take place.Same case applies for Imran Tahir and David miller.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1617 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So best PCB chairman ever couldn't manage to get players of this quality in first three seasons of PSL, but Ehsan Mani managed in his first season. Some people are going to have sleepless nights :

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    Anyone knows what will be the order of picks after retention and stuff?
    Like AB is expected to be picked by LQ, but would they be able to get the first pick even if they retain Lynn? And who gets to have the second pick in Platinum?

Parnell recently turned Kolpak and expressed his desire to play in PSL and in Pakistan. Which category is he listed in?
    I think parnell will be in diamond.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1617 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    This is why all the leagues should take place in the same three-month window. If each league lasts around a month, it would ease the competition a little but will sti ensure that the best players get paid a lot and everyone is available to play.

This would also allow the players to focus on their international duties outside of these three months.
    Then most international players would prefer to play in the IPL because of the big payout.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Steve Smith in the PSL is amazing news. An IPL star and international star. Whichever franchise gets him will have an incredible presence in the dressing room.

Hope my franchise sign him up as he is one my favourties!
    Whats your franchise bro ?

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Then most international players would prefer to play in the IPL because of the big payout.
    But IPL can only accommodate a limited amount of foreign players.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1617 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But IPL can only accommodate a limited amount of foreign players.
    I think they have 8 teams and each team already has around 6-7 international players in their squad. That makes it 50 odd international players. That is essentially all the best available players.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    I think they have 8 teams and each team already has around 6-7 international players in their squad. That makes it 50 odd international players. That is essentially all the best available players.
    I would rather take IPL rejects like Amla and Guptil than a retired Brendon McCullum.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Martin guptill, Glenn phillips,Dan christan ,Adam milne , Lockie ferguson and Carlos braithwaite will be part of the psl draft cause these players will be free during psl.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would rather take IPL rejects like Amla and Guptil than a retired Brendon McCullum.
    I agree