Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    There seems to be a lack of threat.

Previously he would bowl a couple of good deliveries every over, now those dangerous deliveries are rarely seen.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    Ummm Hasan has been criticised and there’s an entire thread on it.

Hasan won us the first ODI with his first spell, where I believe he bowled 4 overs and only conceded 8 runs or so. Anyone who actually watched the series knows that Hasan was one our better bowlers.

You can add minnows to Amir’s post CT stats and he’ll still average 50+, and his failures have not been limited to the post CT period- he was bang mediocre prior to that as well.
    How cool coming from you who used to criticize Amir for beating the bat, drop catches shouldn't count and that stats matter not how beautifully he bowls.

Hasan's stats aren't good enough and he too shouldn't be a regular member from now on just like Amir, it's been 2 years since CT and he has only performances against Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe.

Also it was the batsmen playing at the that time in the first ODI that were the reason of playing slow more than anything else, Faheem bowled a marvellous final over against D Miller and that could also be the reason.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Yep, he did nothing to gain selection again. Pcb being idiots as usual.
    Please check his stats after returning to domestic cricket.

He averaged 13 in First Class and 20 in List A.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    There seems to be a lack of threat.

Previously he would bowl a couple of good deliveries every over, now those dangerous deliveries are rarely seen.
    Well this is international Cricket. I quote Waqar Younis "Your natural gifts and talent will get you to a certain point, after that it is all about the hard work and effort you put in day in day out on your game". Amir just strikes me as someone who just relies on his natural gifts more than anything, there has been complete regression in his game.

No Swing or Seam, No Pace, A bowler who was fast tracked in the team complains about workload, talks about quitting test cricket. Yes he bowled 1-2 good spells but in international cricket the opposition is always looking at you, Rohit Sharma changed his batting stance to counter Amir's inswinger. The opposition knows that all Amir does is pitch the ball up and that he doesn't really have a fast bouncer to speak off.

He is not what he is hyped up to be and the stats show that. Pakistan needs to be fair to the other bowlers now

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    Please check his stats after returning to domestic cricket.

He averaged 13 in First Class and 20 in List A.
    From the bowling friendly Pakistani Conditions.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After 49 ODI's the man has just one 4 fer..That says it all..I still cant fathom the pakistan are short of bowlers that they keep giving him chances after chances..Ok he bowled well in the CT final vs us but dont get to final just like that..You need to get the team to the final first and i dont see that happening again with the trash he is coming up with..

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starky View Post
    After 49 ODI's the man has just one 4 fer..That says it all..I still cant fathom the pakistan are short of bowlers that they keep giving him chances after chances..Ok he bowled well in the CT final vs us but dont get to final just like that..You need to get the team to the final first and i dont see that happening again with the trash he is coming up with..
    PCB delusion. The bowlers who served Pakistan Cricket from 2010 to 2015 have been completely shafted for this guy. God knows what well would these bowlers have reached had they been given the amount of support and backing he has been given all this while.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It's painful watching this guy bowl.

He needs to be dropped for a couple of seasons...he's just not the same bowler he used to be. Don't think he's mentally in the right place right now.

The pace is down, no swing, no seam..gun barrel straight and that to bowling between 127-134 kph. Simply not good enough. Has already lost his new ball duties. The sooner we realize he is currently not good enough the better.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Shinwari might not be good enough right now but the guy runs in and gives it his all, him getting the same chances as Amir, there are chances he might get better and better.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    It's painful watching this guy bowl.

He needs to be dropped for a couple of seasons...he's just not the same bowler he used to be. Don't think he's mentally in the right place right now.

The pace is down, no swing, no seam..gun barrel straight and that to bowling between 127-134 kph. Simply not good enough. Has already lost his new ball duties. The sooner we realize he is currently not good enough the better.
    Big match player. He must play in the WC.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Going by that Wahab should also play the WC, as he has always done well in WC's

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ali2220 View Post
    Not a bad idea. Play both.

PCB has invested lots of time and money on Amir. You don't throw out your investments so soon.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ali2220 View Post
    Well that actually isnít a bad idea, considering his form and the flat-pitches in Eng.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Fazul match player.

Woh "big match player" walle qasar bei puri karda ga

He's just not the same bowler anymore. It's like his heart is just not in it.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where has his pace gone man?! Depressing to see him turn into an out and out trundler.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Rawalakot, Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Well this is international Cricket. I quote Waqar Younis "Your natural gifts and talent will get you to a certain point, after that it is all about the hard work and effort you put in day in day out on your game". Amir just strikes me as someone who just relies on his natural gifts more than anything, there has been complete regression in his game.

No Swing or Seam, No Pace, A bowler who was fast tracked in the team complains about workload, talks about quitting test cricket. Yes he bowled 1-2 good spells but in international cricket the opposition is always looking at you, Rohit Sharma changed his batting stance to counter Amir's in swinger . The opposition knows that all Amir does is pitch the ball up and that he doesn't really have a fast bouncer to speak off.

He is not what he is hyped up to be and the stats show that. Pakistan needs to be fair to the other bowlers now
    & Amir lost the in swinger to counter the Rohit Sharma's batting stance

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No seam, no swing and a scrambled seam. What an awful bowler he's become.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dropped catches and getting edges arenít excuses if you are not performing.

Especially when you know, that if you target the stumps you are a much lethal bowler.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iím seriously wondering if Amir was bowling against a team with 11 tailenders all averaging less than 10, does Aamir have it in him to rip apart the batting line up and take a 6 or a 7 wicket haul ?? Or will he still end up with a 2fer and a couple of play and misses outside off stump.
    Last edited by Majid Khan; 31st January 2019 at 02:35.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why doesn't he seem more interested? His body language is a real worry.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It seems like he is injured (physically or mentally)

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I would replace him with Bashir.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Lol Pakistan will still be trying to Hype Amir and he will live off the 2010 England well into his 30's.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a lot of emotion in this thread. Amir is lacking in form and confidence right now and sure, you can add ability to that list if you want. However to write him off at the age of 26 is...dramatic when he is one of the very few Pakistani's capable of being a world beater when he gets it right. Instead of criticizing him (which is annoyingly typical of the Pakistan culture) we need to begin changing we way we think about our players. I have no problem backing Amir until we find another young fast bowler who looks capable of the spells he has shown in the past.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthestump View Post
    There's a lot of emotion in this thread. Amir is lacking in form and confidence right now and sure, you can add ability to that list if you want. However to write him off at the age of 26 is...dramatic when he is one of the very few Pakistani's capable of being a world beater when he gets it right. Instead of criticizing him (which is annoyingly typical of the Pakistan culture) we need to begin changing we way we think about our players. I have no problem backing Amir until we find another young fast bowler who looks capable of the spells he has shown in the past.
    Another deluded post. Stats don't lie. With each and every passing game Amir is getting exposed day by day. He has been living off charity for a very long time and frankly speaking he is very lucky that he is playing for Pakistan. Any other professional board would not have picked him ever again after what he did in 2010 and certainly would not pick him for his ODI performances in the last 2-3 years

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Mohammad Amir delaying his treatment?

So he does not miss out on a world cup place or a PSL pay day.

Its unusual even in NZ last year this time he was bowling 135-145 and suddenly since Asia Cup his pace has been hovering in 128-135 range. It has to be injury related I cant think of anything else.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is not fit. His rhythm is off. Needs a long lay off, but I'm not sure he'll take it given how his place in the team is under serious threat.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    He is not fit. His rhythm is off. Needs a long lay off, but I'm not sure he'll take it given how his place in the team is under serious threat.
    he should take this lay off as he is not helping his cause by playing half fit.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just drop him for good!!! He is not a good enough bowler to take 3-4 wickets. I was his big fan but but e has nothing to offer now-a-days. Lets see if we can find 1 fast bowler from PSL4

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was watching old videos of Mohammad Amir and I was trying to analyze if there are some technical issues. I noticed that Amir’s extension has changed and the positioning of his hips and non-bowling hand, which is why he isn’t getting the swing which he used to extract.

Take a look at these pictures, you can clearly see the difference of his extension and the positioning.

I wonder why the bowling coach hasn’t taken action about it.

Name:  78118F09-2B03-44EE-83D2-3F0D37FD8A39.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  16.7 KB

Amir pre-2010.
    Name:  EA130357-F014-4354-9648-ABC801111401.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  11.6 KB

Amir’s spell against India in 2016.
    Name:  C39A3EC0-178F-4C8A-98AF-2ECC5DF74E00.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  15.8 KB

Amir against SA in the 4th ODI.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simply put, Amir will not be of any use as he is currently . .

The world saw talent in Amir because he could do two things simultaneously . .
    1. Swing the ball
    2. And do it at pace . . over 140kph

Today, he can do neither!!

Another thing to understand is . . Amir is not a seam bowler . . so even if he gets his swing back, he will not be successful at 128 to 133kph as he is bowling currently . . that's just too much time for good batsman to line up and play the swing . . seam bowlers are different . . they can pitch the bowl up and the nip of the seam from there is tough because of reaction time! THat is why you have seen great seam bowlers like Pollock, Asif, Philander, Mcgrath (even though McGrath was faster than these guys) be successful at lower speeds . . Amir will never be that!!

Look at Steyn! He comes back after 2 years of injury . . and is still bowling 140+ . . I am sure it would have been easy for him to say . . ahh!! I just need to tone it down a bit and continue to play for south africa . . but Steyn knows he won't be successful at that pace!

Bhuvi is another example . . I remember him bursting on the scene back in the day with his swing, but had to increase his pace with time to become a force . .

In short, swing at medium pace doesn't work . .

Obviously, right now . . Amir isn't doing either! Amir needs the PERFECT conditions in his current state to be successful . . and how many times does he get PERFECT conditions? Not many!!

The KPI needs to be simple for him:

Get back to an average speed of 138 to 140 to have a shot at selection . . Till you are committed to do that and you continue to bowl at 130kph, no place in teh team for you!

I remember once some expert said that Steyn is so great because he knows at what speed to bowl at what stage . . when the bowl is swinging, you will notice him maintain 138 to 140 or whatever the optimum pace is to be most threatening with the swing . . when it stops swinging, he can go up a gear and bowl 145 . . Point is, you need that skill to be successful at that level . . yes Steyn is a freak! but Amir needs to add 10kph on average . .

Lastly, I don't even get it . . the guy is 26 . . even if his age is a couple of years more . . that is the best age for fast bowlers . . you get "wiser" and "more experienced" and "slower" at 35 . . not at freaking 28!!

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post

No Swing or Seam, No Pace, A bowler who was fast tracked in the team complains about workload, talks about quitting test cricket. Yes he bowled 1-2 good spells but in international cricket the opposition is always looking at you, Rohit Sharma changed his batting stance to counter Amir's inswinger. The opposition knows that all Amir does is pitch the ball up and that he doesn't really have a fast bouncer to speak off.

Good Analysis, I don't think he was ever going to be Wasim anyway -HIGHLY OVERRATED

Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    Not only Economical he is a wicket taker in T20Is, he averages 19.8 in T20I. He took 3 wickets in the final against Australia in Zimbabwe last year. He was Man of the series in NZ, he averages 4 with the ball in Pakistan and he has been deprived of playing here.
    Yeah, he has been really good in T20's and deserves a spot.

I can't think of anything else but this machine. I sell here, Sir, what all the world desires to have - POWER

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    something happened to him in recent time he has bowled 145 kph deliveries after his return.
    he was not looking fit.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    he bowls like vaas now.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    he bowls like vaas now.
    Lol, Vaas has a better body of work and career.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    he bowls like vaas now.
    Can't believe you are comparing this guy to Vaas. Vaas was a work horse for Sri Lanka and he bowled majority of his career in Sri Lanka's roads. Vaas was not a player who would only perform if every thing is just right.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    Can't believe you are comparing this guy to Vaas. Vaas was a work horse for Sri Lanka and he bowled majority of his career in Sri Lanka's roads. Vaas was not a player who would only perform if every thing is just right.
    Vaas has picked up big wickets against the best ever Australian team in Australia even though he was not even Express. It is a disgrace to even mention his name against Amir right now.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Vaas played a long time for sri lanka because they didnt have that many options coming through. He had a career of two halves, the first half was rubbish because of the reasons you mentioned and the second half, by virtue of longevity and a few tours in helpful conditions improved. Kind of like kumble, i guess.

So being compared to vaas first half is just right.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vaas played a long time for sri lanka because they didnt have that many options coming through. He had a career of two halves, the first half was rubbish because of the reasons you mentioned and the second half, by virtue of longevity and a few tours in helpful conditions improved. Kind of like kumble, i guess.

Funny how much length people go, to defend their point.

Virtue of longevity? Like experience?

Helpful conditions, like new ball, which every bowler has the chance to bowl from?

Vaas was leagues ahead of amir. He was among those bowlers who didnt need cloudy weather or grass to swing the new ball. And he swung it in sharjah with new ball. You would have to go back n time, to watch those overs

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xricket View Post
    Funny how much length people go, to defend their point.

Virtue of longevity? Like experience?

Helpful conditions, like new ball, which every bowler has the chance to bowl from?

Vaas was leagues ahead of amir. He was among those bowlers who didnt need cloudy weather or grass to swing the new ball. And he swung it in sharjah with new ball. You would have to go back n time, to watch those overs
    This is a lot of verbiage with no point. I consider vaas to be a mediocre bowler who was very good Sri Lanka. And hence I consider Aamir to be equally mediocre.
    So what point is it that your areguing here

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The guy has taken 350 odd test wickets. You can't down play someone's achievement buy using "Longevity or Conditions." At the end his achievement for his country is true. Let Aamir achieve what Vaas has achieved and then we can compare.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The guy has taken 350 odd test wickets. You can't down play someone's achievement buy using "Longevity or Conditions." At the end his achievement for his country is true. Let Aamir achieve what Vaas has achieved and then we can compare.
    let me write this again; i consider vaas to be a mediocre bowler: i consider aamir to be a mediocre bowler, i have no interest in the various hues of adjectives that define the word mediocre

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    let me write this again; i consider vaas to be a mediocre bowler: i consider aamir to be a mediocre bowler, i have no interest in the various hues of adjectives that define the word mediocre
    Vaas was very good - in fact. For Sri Lanka to produce a bowler like that is interesting, and he complemented the likes of Murali and their batsmen very well. Hardly mediocre.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Vaas was very good - in fact. For Sri Lanka to produce a bowler like that is interesting, and he complemented the likes of Murali and their batsmen very well. Hardly mediocre.
    Mediocre is a relative term. Works well enough for me to use it

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stepped up today.

Bowled brilliantly and nice to see him bowl finally a fuller length.

Bowled full and reaped his reward.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw he clocked 143 kph. What was his top speed?

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see all these Amir haters all of a sudden, where was this in the Champions Trophy final!? (Believe me we (Pak) didn't bat India out of it...you don't get Kohli out, that chase was on) Admittedly he isn't the same bowler he was then! But it's "horse for the course" you have to believe in his skill and ability to deliver in English conditions! And all we should be thinking about is perfecting a final 11 to win us that tournament! He is big match player and has that temperament to deliver under pressure and that counts a lot! You can be an inform player bowling well but under pressure you become an entirely different player! There are few things with his action (wrist position) and run up (deceleration as he approaches the crease) that are affecting his ability to generate swing and reducing his speed. But I feel this edition of the PSL with Wasim Akram at the helm will hopefully help Amir fix those issues in time for the world cup. I believe his performance in the England ODI's will prove all that needs to be known about Amir. But to drop him entirely is ludacris! (My first ever post- be nice) :p

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post ban Aamir is just not the same bowler , few glimpses like CT FINAL but overall he canít swing it anymore & totally useless in uae

Waiting for the day when there will be no p....i player in a green shirt

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    I saw he clocked 143 kph. What was his top speed?
    Saw him 150+ on several occasions. Especially when Pak was playing ODIs in Australia, before ban

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    For me Amir needs to develop muscles and put on a big of mass. His physique should be Shinwari type. Him being brittle to me is compounding his problems and his body is giving up on the demands of having to play non stop cricket.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speed isn't everything as a fast bowler, lateral movement at less than express pace will get you far more wickets, Jimmy Anderson is a good example. In his last ODI he did hit 143kph, as long as he stays in the high 130's I think his pace is fine...not fantastic, but will still be effective. Even though Amir doesn't have Shinwari's physique he was still able to generate decent pace (pre ban and even a year ago, talking 145's). He has the advantage of height (6' 2''). Ill say it again the main thing is his wrist position breaking as he delivers the ball which is causing his wrist to be more open instead of closed which is causing the ball not to come in to the right hander. Playing for Karachi and having Wasim Akram in the camp should hopefully help his cause, not to mention his stint with Essex will get him that exposure to English conditions. Ill agree with Savak, the guy's body is showing signs of wear but you have to use him sparingly, not just him, everyone! Even Shaheen, build bench strength, give other bowlers a chance to see what they can do. in a 5 match series your gun players (especially bowlers who are prone to injury before a major tournament) should be playing about 3 games or deciders. Also in all honesty I couldnt care less about how Amir performs in UAE conditions, this year is all about the world cup in England. you need Amir period!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shahidbhai View Post
    Playing for Karachi and having Wasim Akram in the camp should hopefully help his cause, not to mention his stint with Essex will get him that exposure to English conditions.
    If he is working with Waseem, then that's our only hope. I hope he garners some aggressive tips, unlike the fluke azhar has provided. But didn't waseem used to be part of Islamabad United? Also, He will be playing T20 for Essex. It won't work much, since you have to play first class test cricket to improve your skills
    Last edited by xricket; 11th February 2019 at 20:41.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Azhar Mahmood Conflicts of Interest( bowling Coach pak as well as in PSL)

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Bohra View Post
    Azhar Mahmood Conflicts of Interest( bowling Coach pak as well as in PSL)
    He isn't with KK anymore.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasim Akram will be part of Karachi Kings this season as president. I believe he he can already be seen in pictures working with some of those players which is a good sign. The format of cricket is not that relevant, the main thing is exposure to swinging conditions and see how he fares (i.e. is he getting swing, how much? etc...) So he knows what he can improve on and polish before the world cup. I dont really agree with the comment about first class cricket to improve your skills as a bowler. The playing conditions and tracks in Pakistan are extremely unfriendly for bowlers, and Amir has gone back to the domestic leagues after being dropped following the asia cup. He killed in those just because of the lack of batting talent perhaps at that level or maybe because he is just far better than the competition circulating in Pakistan's domestic circuit. Right now you don't have pure swing bowlers in the side, pace, bounce and variation...sure! but not someone who can swing it both ways at 140kph with the new ball. The duke ball will be used in the world cup, which is more conducive to swing, you have to back Amir at this stage, he isnt a lost cause which is what I'm sensing from some of these posts.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shahidbhai View Post
    Wasim Akram will be part of Karachi Kings this season as president. I believe he he can already be seen in pictures working with some of those players which is a good sign. The format of cricket is not that relevant, the main thing is exposure to swinging conditions and see how he fares (i.e. is he getting swing, how much? etc...) So he knows what he can improve on and polish before the world cup. I dont really agree with the comment about first class cricket to improve your skills as a bowler. The playing conditions and tracks in Pakistan are extremely unfriendly for bowlers, and Amir has gone back to the domestic leagues after being dropped following the asia cup. He killed in those just because of the lack of batting talent perhaps at that level or maybe because he is just far better than the competition circulating in Pakistan's domestic circuit. Right now you don't have pure swing bowlers in the side, pace, bounce and variation...sure! but not someone who can swing it both ways at 140kph with the new ball. The duke ball will be used in the world cup, which is more conducive to swing, you have to back Amir at this stage, he isnt a lost cause which is what I'm sensing from some of these posts.
    Playing conditions and tracks in Pakistan are generally quite friendly for pacers.

Dukes' ball won't be used at the World Cup, it'll be the Kookaburra.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Playing conditions and tracks in Pakistan are generally quite friendly for pacers.

Dukes' ball won't be used at the World Cup, it'll be the Kookaburra.
    I have been hearing otherwise regarding the ball being used, and the point was Pakistan conditions do not mimic English conditions when it comes to bowling, or batting for that matter.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mueez View Post
    I was watching old videos of Mohammad Amir and I was trying to analyze if there are some technical issues. I noticed that Amirís extension has changed and the positioning of his hips and non-bowling hand, which is why he isnít getting the swing which he used to extract.

Take a look at these pictures, you can clearly see the difference of his extension and the positioning.

I wonder why the bowling coach hasnít taken action about it.

Name:  78118F09-2B03-44EE-83D2-3F0D37FD8A39.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  16.7 KB

Amir pre-2010.
    Name:  EA130357-F014-4354-9648-ABC801111401.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  11.6 KB

Amirís spell against India in 2016.
    Name:  C39A3EC0-178F-4C8A-98AF-2ECC5DF74E00.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  15.8 KB

Amir against SA in the 4th ODI.
    http://https://twitter.com/ponty100m...419398661?s=21

I pointed this out a couple of months ago and I think Amir has worked on this issue.

Good stuff.