Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 118
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    48,336
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    India must learn from Pakistani batsmen's temperament

    Going at just 2.92 on what seems like a lifeless batting track with little to nothing for the bowlers. Indians would have been looking to doninate here and might well have lost 4-5 wickets but Pakistan playing test cricket the eat it is meant to be played and meeping wickets intact.

    223/2

    Great batting

  2. #2
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    16,357
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Going at just 2.92 on what seems like a lifeless batting track with little to nothing for the bowlers. Indians would have been looking to doninate here and might well have lost 4-5 wickets but Pakistan playing test cricket the eat it is meant to be played and meeping wickets intact.

    223/2

    Great batting
    How did you make that assumption?


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    48,336
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Last 10 overs. Just 4 runs.

    Classic test match batting. These two right now securing the fortress with their tight defence.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    48,336
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    How did you make that assumption?
    History.

    This is why India's been unable to win or draw test matches away from home.

    The art of playing through the overs is missing in Indian batsmen

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    2,010
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lool. I never saw this thread coming.

    No offense to our batsmen but they mostly dont have the Indian flair and playing dots suit them.

    If you look at Pakistani batsmen from previous era (Anwar, Sohail, Inzi, Basit, Ijaz, Yousuf etc), these guys used to have more flair. Not that Pakistan used to score 400 in a day but those batsmen used to playing more attacking cricket suited to that era.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    395
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exception high class test batting this. Other teams should learn a thing or two from this. Much needed stability provided by these two batsmen. Partnership: 6 of 63 balls.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    16,357
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    History.

    This is why India's been unable to win or draw test matches away from home.

    The art of playing through the overs is missing in Indian batsmen
    Pakistan is playing at home.How did you compare two scenarios?


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  8. #8
    Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    4,435
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just need to keep this up for 10 more sessions and we'll have a good total of 450.....

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    48,336
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just 5 overs to go. If they dont lose a wicket then these 2 have done a wonderful wonderful job for Pakistan in this test.

    Could have so easily been 220/5 or 6

  10. #10
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    6,201
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Temperament to score at 2.81 with just 2 wickets down on Day 1 on a dead UAE track?
    Last edited by Hitman; 7th October 2018 at 12:52.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

  11. #11
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    9,631
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree! It was classic test match batting!

  12. #12
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    517
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I admire Pakistani batsmen because even though they lack talent, they are willing to grind it out. Indian batsmen except Kohli/Pujara lack this ability to put a price on their wickets. Earlier Indian teams had this grinding ability, current team has concentration issues.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    16,357
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Azhar Ali rewarded for his blockathon


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  14. #14
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    11,438
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    In these same road blocks Ind would 350+ in a day.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    8,604
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A classic display of test batting indeed. Ofcourse, gully danda format fans who have grown up watching Suresh Raina hack it over fine leg for a six won't understand such beautiful display of test cricket with really tight defence from the two batters. Almost a Boycott-esque defense against the fast and ferocious Lillee.

    The modern era players, in general, clearly lack a tight defence in their game which we got to watch from older era players and that is what we are getting to see from these two Pakistan batters as well.

    Truly, test cricket was so beautiful back in old eras and it is refreshing to watch these two reminiscing the older memories for our older era fans.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    48,336
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In India only Cheteshwar Pujara is capable of doing this. Rest of the batsmen are all flashy. They look to play their shots way too often for what is needed in test cricket. Test cricket is not always about run rate. Itís about score as much as you can.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    644
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah they were too slow in that last session. Went at 2 rpo. Yes Australia bowled well, but I feel the lack of intent on a dead track has cost us the last session.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    48,336
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    In these same road blocks Ind would 350+ in a day.
    350 all out?

    No thanks. I would prefer Pakistan hitting 500 here at 3 RPO.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,005
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Bhaijaan is just that the mickey out of people but if we are being serious

    Why would IND want to score 500 runs at 2.8 RPO when they can and have scored 600 runs at 4.5 RPO?

  20. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Going at just 2.92 on what seems like a lifeless batting track with little to nothing for the bowlers. Indians would have been looking to doninate here and might well have lost 4-5 wickets but Pakistan playing test cricket the eat it is meant to be played and meeping wickets intact.

    223/2

    Great batting
    What's the point , Pakistan will end up 400 all out. I would want a 500+ total and a chance of win rather than draw or a chance to lose.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    19,298
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Due to not batting with intent has also ensured Pakistan not able to avoid losing tests in Aus. Some of the tests could have been saved if you don't bat simply for time.

    This test is in bag for Pakistan though. Batting first and putting 400-450 will take the game away from Aus.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    2,010
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Due to not batting with intent has also ensured Pakistan not able to avoid losing tests in Aus. Some of the tests could have been saved if you don't bat simply for time.

    This test is in bag for Pakistan though. Batting first and putting 400-450 will take the game away from Aus.
    Dont think it is in the bag yet. It will be tight if we only score 350. Our bowling is too thin. Riaz has been a failure in the past and the debutant Bilal Asif has to prove himself.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every top team from (currently) australia, england, south africa & india are good in tests in their home and everyone struggles abroad, but this thread is a little too much i think, if pakistan batsman has better temperament than india how did they loose a test series (presently) against a very average srilankan team.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    48,336
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To the few Indians who are unecessarily feeling insecure about the his comment, please count me how many tests would have been saved or won had Indian batsmen showed the skill and will to play out 100 odd overs?

    Pakistan clearly has been better at that than India since last many years and it is a quality flashy Indian batsmen can learn from them. No shame in it.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    48,336
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sugumarrising View Post
    Every top team from (currently) australia, england, south africa & india are good in tests in their home and everyone struggles abroad, but this thread is a little too much i think, if pakistan batsman has better temperament than india how did they loose a test series (presently) against a very average srilankan team.
    Freak spell from Bishoo.

    India barely escaped test series defeat to aussies last year.

    They were also fighting neck to neck with the South Africans. Could have easily lost couple of tests that could have gone either way.

    Indians need to tone down their arrogance.

    #Bhaijaan

  26. #26
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    19,298
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    Dont think it is in the bag yet. It will be tight if we only score 350. Our bowling is too thin. Riaz has been a failure in the past and the debutant Bilal Asif has to prove himself.
    You should get close to 450 from this stage. 350 means poor batting from this stage.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    9,834
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great batting display.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did arrogance came here i don't understand, playing attacking cricket or defensive cricket is according to the particular teams wish, coming to the australia scenario the steve waugh led australia in 2003/04 series if not for the draw in the final test we would have won the series, coming to the south africa series they were hammered in india the last time they toured india, get your facts right, ifs and buts don't matter for any team not only india, win is a win loss is a loss.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can accept if their is a fact, i am asking again why they lost to one of the weakest srilankan teams in their history, and that too in their home (uae) recently, what happened to your teams temperament, comparing pakistan batting with indian batting in any format is a joke.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,005
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    To the few Indians who are unecessarily feeling insecure about the his comment, please count me how many tests would have been saved or won had Indian batsmen showed the skill and will to play out 100 odd overs?

    Pakistan clearly has been better at that than India since last many years and it is a quality flashy Indian batsmen can learn from them. No shame in it.
    Nope.

    Pakistan bats out 100 overs in UAE, not overseas. Overseas they have been bowled out under 54 overs 4 times in their last 10 innings in SENA.

    India plays out 100+ overs at home all the time. Even in SA, Indian batsmen played more overs than SA batsmen in 5 out of 6 innings.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    40
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will not be easy if Aus able to bat out 4 sessions or more in 1st innings.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    34,963
    Mentioned
    1618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Azhar Ali will never be mentioned in the same sentence as the best (or even better) batsmen of this era because he just doesn't have that second gear. Sure he can grit it out and has bucketloads of temperament but all the best batsmen in the world look to cash in and increasing their scoring rate when they are set. Nobody is asking him to go hell to leather but atleast maintain a SR of 40


    This has happened quite often that Pakistan are in a great position but the timid batting by their batsmen left the door ajar for the opposition to get back into the game. Other sides after being at 205/1 would have targeted atleast a rpo of 3.5-4 in the last session with tired bowlers, but no not Pakistan. We chose to dead bat everything. Mashallah.


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no learning to be gained here for India's batsman - It's a fairly flat pitch with a bit of help for the spinners. India would have been 330/4 after today here - which is about as good if not better than the position Pakistan are in.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,092
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Very easy batting conditions. Had KL Rahul played here he would have scored a century before lunch.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,709
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First I thought FC was mocking Pakistani batsmen, but then I realized how right he is. These days, all our millionaire rockstars tend to lose their temperament even against some lallu panju spinners.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    399
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Azhar Ali will never be mentioned in the same sentence as the best (or even better) batsmen of this era because he just doesn't have that second gear. Sure he can grit it out and has bucketloads of temperament but all the best batsmen in the world look to cash in and increasing their scoring rate when they are set. Nobody is asking him to go hell to leather but atleast maintain a SR of 40


    This has happened quite often that Pakistan are in a great position but the timid batting by their batsmen left the door ajar for the opposition to get back into the game. Other sides after being at 205/1 would have targeted atleast a rpo of 3.5-4 in the last session with tired bowlers, but no not Pakistan. We chose to dead bat everything. Mashallah.
    These kind of comments should be classified under treason. The nerve of some posters to criticize Azhar Ali when he is clearly the best batsman this developing team has. Just because he is out of form doesn't mean he isn't one of the greatest test batsmen of this generation.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    india
    Runs
    142
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This kind of batting is useful overseas not at home especially when you are on top and pitch is benign.

    This will kill the game even more coupled with empty stands and UAE pitches.

    Only excitement about recent ind vs wi test was shaw, pant, jadeja batting.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    4,983
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched the game a bit and Hafeez looked solid. He is very good in these conditions and should have been part of Asia cup. Not sure how he's bowling these days. Would have helped Sarfraz with the captaincy as well

  39. #39
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    951
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe we made 600+ in india. On the same pitch where windies batsman can't score a run.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    34,963
    Mentioned
    1618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    These kind of comments should be classified under treason. The nerve of some posters to criticize Azhar Ali when he is clearly the best batsman this developing team has. Just because he is out of form doesn't mean he isn't one of the greatest test batsmen of this generation.
    He is 33 year old... People enter the twilight of their careers at this age. And just because Azhar is the best batsman doesn't mean he cannot be criticized when he is not doing what the team requires. Batting at 20 SR when Pakistan was in a spectacular position and then getting out to an atrocious shot, but no Saint Azhar cannot be criticized because some loser over the internet will declare it as treason. Learn to accept a difference of opinion.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    2,737
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    FC dada has spoken the truth. The positive approach works in home conditions only. Indian batters try same thing(positive batting) outside India and get in trouble.

    Indian batsmen should learn a thing or two about test batting tempo from Pakistani batters.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    145
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    indian fans on this forum are underestimating the quality of Australian attack and comparing them to the west indies attack against which they have performed recently. They have forgotten very quickly the hammering and battering they were given in England.

    Pakistan has the right approach so far in the match, Azhar Ali played slower than he should which is surprising considering his excellent form in England county recently however nothing is lost and Pakistan are still in a very good position. A score of 420+ will be a good score on this pitch as Australia will have a real challenge facing a spin attack from Pakistan on these conditions.
    Last edited by Ozeirk; 7th October 2018 at 21:11.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    399
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    He is 33 year old... People enter the twilight of their careers at this age. And just because Azhar is the best batsman doesn't mean he cannot be criticized when he is not doing what the team requires. Batting at 20 SR when Pakistan was in a spectacular position and then getting out to an atrocious shot, but no Saint Azhar cannot be criticized because some loser over the internet will declare it as treason. Learn to accept a difference of opinion.
    I'll accept difference of opinion when it actually means something or holds any weight. This is test match cricket. If you have problems staying awake or watching players bat at a SR of 20 go watch T10 or whatever hundred ball malarkey the ECB have going on.

    I'm tired of hearing knee-jerk reactions. Had Azhar played the day out and scored a century tomorrow his innings would be receiving praises. His approach was completely right, he made an error in judgement but that in no way takes away from his ability and proven track-record as a test batsman. In the final session the ball was reverse-swinging and spinning profusely. The need of the hour was caution and not losing wickets which is exactly what Azhar and Haris were doing.

    Only reason I added treason in my comment was because you have a tendency of talking in hyperboles on this board and it was about time someone responded to you in your own language

  44. #44
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,039
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozeirk View Post
    indian fans on this forum are underestimating the quality of Australian attack and comparing them to the west indies attack against which they have performed recently. They have forgotten very quickly the hammering and battering they were given in England.

    Pakistan has the right approach so far in the match, Azhar Ali played slower than he should which is surprising considering his excellent form in England county recently however nothing is lost and Pakistan are still in a very good position. A score of 420+ will be a good score on this pitch as Australia will have a real challenge facing a spin attack from Pakistan on these conditions.
    Pakistan is playing in UAE not in Australia.Check how bad Johnson was thrashed in India when he was at his peak.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    670
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India have a lot to learn from Pakistan in batting.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    12,635
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A great thread . It's like some of our batsmen just have no idea how to bag in tests. Look at these Pakistani batsmen blunting Australia in this heat. Yesterday it was Azhar and now shafiq. I hope the likes of kl Rahul are watching this masterclass.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,527
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only some batsmen. Most are fine the way they play. Had India been here, we would have scored another 70-80 runs, losing an extra wicket. Which is fine, as that moves the game along and makes it interesting.

    Only ppl like KL, Pant and Pandya need to learn to do this.

    In fact, when KL first came on the scene in 2014, he was quite adept at this. But with his new found hitting abilities, he seems to have forgotten how to defend out of difficult situations. Hopefully, he will do that in the next couple of tests.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    modern test cricket is producing more results cos of calculated higher strike rate and assault on tired bowlers and new ball bowlers

    indian batters have been doing just fine. pujara rahane kohli and m vijay did lay emphasis on wicket but not being bogged down( pujara does abroad)

    the recent test match agaiinst wi was a good example - india won with record runs

    Indian batsmen problems come at top - openers are not doing well recently snd hence shaw rahul are being tried ... once this team gets a set of decent in form
    openers , they are bound to do well

    sorry but pak test rankings do not justify your comment
    let me know when u reach no 1 - i will eat humble pie
    pak test cricket is playing 70s cricket - for a draw
    Last edited by MenInG; 8th October 2018 at 07:31. Reason: No need to get personal

  49. #49
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    93,252
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    A great thread . It's like some of our batsmen just have no idea how to bag in tests. Look at these Pakistani batsmen blunting Australia in this heat. Yesterday it was Azhar and now shafiq. I hope the likes of kl Rahul are watching this masterclass.
    Easy for armchair critics to talk about nature of pitch

    This is attritional cricket and end result will matter


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  50. #50
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very much surprised by comparing pakistan batting with india, how many pakistan batsman are in the top 10 test ranking, how many indians are there, going back to mohammed hafeez who is aged 38yrs shows lack of batting talent in pakistan cricket, we have plenty of batting talent.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,822
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian batsmen are arrogant in nature battingwise, barring Pujara. But only Kohli can make it work to own advantage. I feel Pak batsmen stays within their limits and maximise it.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    48,336
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some facts insecure and immature Indian fans need to digest:-

    At strike rotation, strokeplay suited to LOI Cricket, Indian batsmen are right up there and upcoming young Indian batsmen even seem a step ahead and they will dominate LOI cricket with their fluid stroke play.

    However in test cricket there is no evidence of India benefitting from its attacking play. Rather India has ended up losing so many tests because their batsmen seem to have lost the ability bat out 90-100 overs.

    This is something India can learn from Pakistan team. Yes, many times Pakistani batting seems cringeworthy when they dead bat everything but in test cricket this has been their strength in last 4-5 years and the reason behind their success in test cricket.

    India cannot even bat out someone like Moeen Ali. It is a disgrace.

    There is no shame in learning something someone seems better at.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,822
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Some facts insecure and immature Indian fans need to digest:-

    At strike rotation, strokeplay suited to LOI Cricket, Indian batsmen are right up there and upcoming young Indian batsmen even seem a step ahead and they will dominate LOU cricket with their fluid stroke play.

    However in test cricket there is no evidence of India benefitting from its attacking play. Rather India has ended up losing so many tests because their batsmen seem to have lost the ability bat out 90-100 overs.

    This is something India can learn from Pakistan team. Yes, many times Pakistani batting seems cringeworthy when they dead bat everything but in test cricket this has been their strength in last 4-5 years and the reason behind their success in test cricket.

    India cannot even bat out someone like Moeen Ali. It is a disgrace.
    Agree. Attacking cricket stops at the dressing room as far as India is concerned while abroad.
    Last edited by MenInG; 8th October 2018 at 08:25. Reason: Cut out bhaijan business pls

  54. #54
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    25,012
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sunny Gavaskar must be loving this.


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    48,336
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    Sunny Gavaskar must be loving this.
    All lovers of classic form of cricket are loving this.

    Gritty display on Day 2 as well. First session was perfect for Pakistan. Great job boys.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    48,336
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just goes to show in test cricket Pakistan are still leagues above Bangladesh, Afghanistan and West Indies.

    You cannot judge growth of a cricket nation by LOI cricket alone.

    Test cricket is what separates the big boys from kids.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    12,143
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Just goes to show in test cricket Pakistan are still leagues above Bangladesh, Afghanistan and West Indies.

    You cannot judge growth of a cricket nation by LOI cricket alone.

    Test cricket is what separates the big boys from kids.
    West Indies are a much better test team than either Bangladesh or Afghanistan. I donít see the latter two winning a test match in England for the next 20-30 years.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geoffrey boycott would be extremely proud.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    6,201
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have personally found the strategy of the Pak batsmen really strange in this Test so far. None of us know what will happen when the Aussies bat, so let's not being what might happen. But so far, it's been strange.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    48,336
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    West Indies are a much better test team than either Bangladesh or Afghanistan. I donít see the latter two winning a test match in England for the next 20-30 years.
    I agree with you.

    Pakistan >>> West Indies >> Bangladesh>>Afghanistan

    Also Pakistan in tests isnít only behind top 3-4 nationís max.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    1,268
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iím pretty sure this guy is trolling. Pakistans poor strike rate is nothing to compliment. The attacking Indian team would destroy the Aussies on this flat pitch.

    The only minuscule positive from Pakistanís approach in this match is ensuring that we are tiring out the Aussies in the heat that they arenít used to and potentially getting them out for a low total... otherwise, I cannot understand why we are playing so slowly on a pitch that offers nothing to the bowlers.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,005
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    All lovers of classic form of cricket are loving this.

    Gritty display on Day 2 as well. First session was perfect for Pakistan. Great job boys.
    There is nothing great about dead batting every ball in UAE.

    Even McGrath's grandmother would be able to do that.

    This kind of batting is only useful in the first season in England, Australia, etc.

    Pakistan fails to replicate this kind of batting in those conditions. So there is nothing to learn from them as a test batting group.


    (But there is a lot to learn by studying Azhar bat.)

  63. #63
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    4,275
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Serious question. Is this a serious thread


    Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

  64. #64
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    181
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mohammad abbas batting like Zaheer abbas 😂😂 on this wicket . Pakistan is thinking Australians will fall like pack of cards against Yasir Shah so if they counter that threat this will be a drawn test.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    115
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't go as far as saying India should learn from Pakistani batsmen, but this innings is really great. The Asad Haris partnership is also excellent. They steadied the ship and got settled and once they were ready, they opened up and are finding the boundaries more frequently. Great Stuff!

  66. #66
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    14,689
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think the real question is

    "Are they batting this slow because they want to play attritional cricket, or are they batting this slow because that's the only way they will not get out.

    The former statement gives credit to Pakistan, while the latter is a cause of concern going down the line.

    Pakistan will win this test not because of dead batting every ball but because Australia are clueless against any sort of spin (including the slow ball that doesn't spin).


    And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

  67. #67
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    4,275
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    I think the real question is

    "Are they batting this slow because they want to play attritional cricket, or are they batting this slow because that's the only way they will not get out.

    The former statement gives credit to Pakistan, while the latter is a cause of concern going down the line.

    Pakistan will win this test not because of dead batting every ball but because Australia are clueless against any sort of spin (including the slow ball that doesn't spin).
    DR SB tell me one thing, you said once in one of the threads that Haris gone for good due to his injury ...what happened to that ?


    Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

  68. #68
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    14,689
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectionPersonified View Post
    DR SB tell me one thing, you said once in one of the threads that Haris gone for good due to his injury ...what happened to that ?
    Are you measuring the impact of Haris in UAE in Test Cricket?

    Interesting.

    He isn't suited to ODI format, and let's not call him as being back on a belter of a pitch in UAE.


    And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

  69. #69
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    12,635
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Easy for armchair critics to talk about nature of pitch

    This is attritional cricket and end result will matter
    Given the nature of UAE pitches, attritional cricket is the only way to play here.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    48,336
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Given the nature of UAE pitches, attritional cricket is the only way to play here.
    Glad to see a smart comment by a fellow Indian on this post. A lot of clueless people about how test cricket is played in UAE.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    12,958
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually agree that Indian batsmen these days lack the ability to grind it out .


    " you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

  72. #72
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Glad to see a smart comment by a fellow Indian on this post. A lot of clueless people about how test cricket is played in UAE.

    Bhaijaan let OZ complete their first innings, will see how good or bad the pitch is !

  73. #73
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    4,275
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    Are you measuring the impact of Haris in UAE in Test Cricket?

    Interesting.

    He isn't suited to ODI format, and let's not call him as being back on a belter of a pitch in UAE.
    physical injury i m referring to


    Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

  74. #74
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    4,263
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Temperament to score at 2.81 with just 2 wickets down on Day 1 on a dead UAE track?
    For once I agree with op. Pakistan has mastered the art of soul sucking the opposition by grinding out their bowlers. They are not only winning the game but the closing on the series by mentally defeating the opposition.

    India will produce lot better results if they play like this overseas instead of ďintentĒ garbage. Although I disagree with one thing: Pakistan is not playing away. They are pretty much at their home when playing in uae.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Complacent, Complacent & Complacent ! ! !

    Poor batting by pak IMO.. irrespective of the venue by seriously guyzz on dead wickets a team is expected to score at least 300/day when they bat fully..

    Here pak should have scored closer to 600 for 2 days.. guess wat pak doesn't seem to have enough fire power in their bowling to bowl out australia under 400 .. so if AUS scores anything closer to 430 then I guess pak would feel 'well v r at least 100 short'

  76. #76
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    145
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indianhero are you in the ground to judge the difficulty level of the pitch?
    Australia did not take the new ball when it was due and it made it difficult to score runs freely. Despite that Pakistan has done well to stamp their dominance on the Australian attack, this will set the tone for the rest of the series.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    93,252
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Given the nature of UAE pitches, attritional cricket is the only way to play here.
    and that is another type of cricket to test the teams.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    1,352
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Real champion test cricket temperament is what Australia is showing in the 4th innings and not what Pakistan did in the 1st.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,709
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan's Day 1 tuk tuk is the reason Australia won't be able to chase this. People were critical then, but that batting approach has saved Pakistan the game.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    1,060
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    and that is another type of cricket to test the teams.
    Yes, Test cricket is all about adapting to different environments and conditions, it's just that the UAE is a relatively new entry to the Test match arena.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •