Venue
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackShadow View Post
    Pakistan's Day 1 tuk tuk is the reason Australia won't be able to chase this. People were critical then, but that batting approach has saved Pakistan the game.
    And perhaps also the reason Pakistan won't get Australia all out. Australia were never going to chase this, but they can easily draw it now.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its good we are not learning from Pak batsman, Win / Loss is part of game, but it should be entertaining which this game was not i feel. Boring Test Match.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India would have scored 600 in the first innings and would have won by an innings.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It seems negative batting costed this match. 15-20 extra overs would have been enough.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Oct 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozeirk View Post
    Indianhero are you in the ground to judge the difficulty level of the pitch?
    Australia did not take the new ball when it was due and it made it difficult to score runs freely. Despite that Pakistan has done well to stamp their dominance on the Australian attack, this will set the tone for the rest of the series.
    What Australian Attack? Plus you conveniently forgot that Warner Smith and Maxwell were not playing this game and if it was for them then this result would have been in favour of Australia 🇦🇺

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    It seems negative batting costed this match. 15-20 extra overs would have been enough.
    Come on a buffet. If 150 overs weren’t enough then who are we to make assumptions?

Fact is both Pakistan and Australia showed remarkable temperament in this test which the current Indian test team seems so incapable of.

Can you imagine India drawing this test from the same situation?

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Come on a buffet. If 150 overs weren’t enough then who are we to make assumptions?

Fact is both Pakistan and Australia showed remarkable temperament in this test which the current Indian test team seems so incapable of.

india would have won

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian players need to learn nothing from Pakistan. Not even in the bowling department anymore.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Time for Pakistani(UAE) curators to learn from Indian ones?
    Last edited by Bhaag Viru Bhaag; 11th October 2018 at 17:06.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I tend to agree that 140 overs should have been enough to bowl out opposition in 4th inning. I also don't see current Indian team lasting 140 overs to save a match.

I don't recall any Aus team in past doing it for 140 overs. Some one can dig up stats, I am just going by what I remember. It was an special effort from Aus team without having their two main batsmen.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Indian batsmen hate winning the test and want to learn how to draw a winning test, learn from Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    I tend to agree that 140 overs should have been enough to bowl out opposition in 4th inning. I also don't see current Indian team lasting 140 overs to save a match.

I don't recall any Aus team in past doing it for 140 overs. Some one can dig up stats, I am just going by what I remember. It was an special effort from Aus team without having their two main batsmen.

We are on same page bro.

I really wish to see this side of Indian batting. In 4th winning they simply don't show the nerves and temperament to bat out long. Is it a mental issue or ability?

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Los Angeles
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Time for Pakistani(UAE) curators to learn from Indian ones?
    Most UAE curators are Indians. But it's a mystery why don't get to see their art of making exciting Day 5 Test matches. ICC should look into banning UAE pitches for being boring and unsuitable for Test cricket.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Even in the australian innings, Usman khawaja showed the most temperament . Looks like it's natural in Pakistani genes or something

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We are on same page bro.

I really wish to see this side of Indian batting. In 4th winning they simply don't show the nerves and temperament to bat out long. Is it a mental issue or ability?
    You do have to play less shots and check your natural instinct. I would say it's more mental than anything else. Individually, Indian players have done it time to time, but collectively I don't recall them doing it in recent years.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are on same page bro.

But Pakistan didn't do it in fourth innings. What's so special about Pakistan batting for ~160 overs in first innings in this game?

India can dead bat endlessly on day 1 and 2. In fact, in the last game India declared after batting for 150 overs. India batted for 180+ overs against England when Jayant Yadav made a century. And then 190+ overs when Karun Nair made a triple century. ~180 overs twice against SL November last year.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a question. How many pakistani batsman in the test side average 50 plus? Or even late 40’s?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anything, we need to learn from the Aussie bats. The dead batting shouldn’t be done in the 1st innings. 3rf or 4th innings makes sense.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We will see their temperament in SA when they are facing full strength of Steyn, Rabada, Philander and Lungi.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    West Indian tailenders have done some amazing stonewalling. Better than some top teams. Temperament alone won’t get you anywhere in testing condition. Pujara has a far superior temperament. He would have batted for 2 days on these track.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Even in the australian innings, Usman khawaja showed the most temperament . Looks like it's natural in Pakistani genes or something
    Given that 11 real Pakistanis in the game did not show the same temperament, I would attribute it more to Khwaja's Aussie upbringing.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gani999 View Post
    Given that 11 real Pakistanis in the game did not show the same temperament, I would attribute it more to Khwaja's Aussie upbringing.
    Was Khawaja a Pakistani by birth?

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are on same page bro.

I told you, your test team is a bottler.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It seems like Indian batsmen are in a hurry.

This is just the 2nd day. They should aim to bat as long as possible and ensure they get to chase smallest score possible.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like the suggestion is not off the mark. The way Indians are batting, they can learn a thing or two from Azhar and Haris.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandarchowka View Post
    Looks like the suggestion is not off the mark. The way Indians are batting, they can learn a thing or two from Azhar and Haris.
    Yes all batsmen around the world should scoop a ball to long-off after not being able to score runs on patta after playing 100 balls.

Youngsta beauty!

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It seems like Indian batsmen are in a hurry.

This is just the 2nd day. They should aim to bat as long as possible and ensure they get to chase smallest score possible.
    300/4.What a collapse

The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackShadow View Post
    Pakistan's Day 1 tuk tuk is the reason Australia won't be able to chase this. People were critical then, but that batting approach has saved Pakistan the game.
    I agree. Imagine Pakistan AO for 350 odd runs scoring at over 3 RPO.

Teams are losing more today than they did in past because playing fast has ensured there are hardly any draws. A drawn test is an essential part of the game IMO.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tempremeant isn't dead batting every single ball. Tempremeant is batting for a period of time , seeing off the good balls and making sure any looses balls are put away.

Most great test batsmen were able to bat for long periods but still maintain a healthy strike rate. Without even watching Sunil bat I am almost certain that he would have put loose balls away and still show a strong defence .

Indian batsmen don't need to learn from Pakistan batsmen. We need to learn from Indian batsmen.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Boom or bust mentality costing India. They needed to extend lead to 100-150 runs by displaying good technique and patience today.

Failed terribly.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Attritional cricket is what Tests are about

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Say what?

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OP is trolling rofl

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    lol.

This a classic f_c thread! How did anyone fall for the bait?

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan must learn from Australia's young team on how to fight lol.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bhaijaan's posts and threads are so
    subtle that it becomes difficult to see whether he is trolling or he is genuinely stating it.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What a sarcastic thread!!!!!! Our batting is one of the worst but don't need to insult us by making this type of thread.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, looking at this thread right now is quite amazing (pak 77/5 batting first at abu dhabi)

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Incredible show of patience and technique once again.

This is why Pakistan can draw/win test matches which India end up losing.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shafiq so far has has played at an SR of 32. That too playing in the UAE. If anyone wants to command this performance then go ahead.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Shafiq so far has has played at an SR of 32. That too playing in the UAE. If anyone wants to command this performance then go ahead.
    Sorry, it's Sohail.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Sorry, it's Sohail.
    He has a test hundred to his name and helped his team to a good 1st inning total that could help them win the test match. Anyone having problem with this should stick to T20 tamasha as is suitable for 12 years olds who do not understand real cricket i.e., tets cricket.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KL Rahul can learn from this. He needs to grind out because most of the times I see him he tries to dominate opposition and end up costing his wicket.

Pujara and Kohli are doing fine. Don't need to learn anything from here.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    You want to destroy proper indian batsmen then go ahead and follow out incompetent batsmen. Brainless tuk tuking shouldn't be praised, there were no demons in the pitch and a healthy SR should have been maintained.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In My opinion Indian batting could have done with this kind of batting in England where Pakistan just looked to put 350 on board at all cost! on these kind of tracks they will be allright and probably do better than Pakistan batting against this NZ bowling line up.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Eggs on the face of all people who were being ignorant about his approach and were crying. Harris, Ali, Bobby have won this test for Pakistan with their patient approach.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they play test matches in UAE they will learn otherwise no need.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another great display of temperament by my dearest young batsmen of Pakistan!

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A fantastic display in the art of test batting by Azhar and Shafiq. If Indian batsmen had even an ounce of their ability we would have been favourites in Australia.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another great display of temperament from a Pakistani batsman,this time it was Babar
    Don't think any Indian batsman is capable of playing such knock on the 5th day in Asia
    Surviving for 114 balls shows his quality

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great display of temperament by King Kohli and Che Pujara.

India playing like Pakistan.

Calm like a monk and solid like a rock.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Attritional cricket is what Tests are about
    A good batsman can play in many ways, but a great batsman stamps his authority against the opposition and puts them on the backfoot. Despite his team 2 down early down.

This is what Kohli has done here.