Threaded View

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I could have taken some incorrect steps but my wife & friends stopped me" : Mohammad Hafeez

Mohammad Hafeez speaking at end of Day 1:

"I am so happy, I tried my level best in the last couple of years to get back in this format"

"So happy that I got a chance to play in this team after waiting a long long time for that"

"I am really happy to something good for the team"

"We've been playing in the UAE for the last 10 years so we know the conditions well but at the same time, you need to do the basics right"

"I am very happy to get my first hundred in Dubai"

"No, there was no fear at all because whatever it is, it is; I always back myself and when the time is right, I will perform to get back into the Pakistan team"

"There was no fear because I prepared myself very well"

"The whole team has given me a lot of confidence during the practice sessions we had together"

"As a senior player, I wanted to do well in this series and it started well and I am very happy about it"

"I was looking forward to the challenge; as you know, I was the 18th member of the squad who was added later after initial squad announcement"

"I had done well in domestic and I was expecting myself to be included in the team; I was prepared for that and very much in a positive frame of mind that I am going back into the team and would do my level best to perform"

"Mitchell Starc really challenges you a lot during your innings and he did that today even when conditions were very tough for a fast-bowler to bowl well"

"Pitch was getting a little bit slower [towards end of the day]; there was a little bit of moisture in the morning but we managed it well"

"Imam played exceptionally well and gave me a lot of confidence from the other end"

"We are still happy as a team as we have 250 on the board and if we can get another 200 runs in the first innings then we will have a better chance to bowl with our spinners"

"We have Yasir Shah and a debutant, Bilal Asif, who is a wonderful bowler so we are backing ourselves to get 450 in first innings and putting more pressure on Australian batsmen"

"I have always believed that there will be a time when things will improve for you and you just need to wait for that time in a positive manner"

"In the recent past, I had some problems with my career and I was thinking about taking some incorrect steps which I was stopped from taking"

"When I was not selected for the Asia Cup, I wasn't mentally ready for that. It was at this point that I could have taken some incorrect steps but my wife and some of my friends stopped me"

"I was very disturbed at that time but I still believe that Allah SWT is the best planner"

"This was the place I was meant to make my return, else I would have been doing something else"

"Bowling has always helped me in my career and I am very confident when I am able to rely on my bowling"

"The pitch is slowing down and the nature of the pitch in Dubai is such that its very difficult to play spin on 3rd and 4th day"

"Younis Khan to his last innings had to prove that he was a good player so this is how it works in our culture as you have always have to prove yourself"

"Your critics challenge you to do good performances, as do people who are just waiting for your bad performances"

"Allah SWT has been so kind that whenever I need it most, I get special help from HIM"

"Australians bowled with a good plan all day, sometimes they attacked and sometimes we counter-attacked"

"I feel that we won the day as we played good cricket"

"Although we lost 3 wickets in the last session, I do believe that we achieved our target for the day"

"Any player wishes that when he ends his career, he ends it with dignity"

"My first priority is to play for Pakistan and apart from that there are many other options in today's cricket"

"I will continue to play for Pakistan until there is a competitive spirit in me and I want to leave with dignity from cricket"

"Like Mitchell Starc showed, you need to have pace behind the use of reverse swing"

"We have Wahab Riaz in our side and Mohammad Abbas who is the best bowler in Test format, so we have what we need"
    Last edited by MenInG; 7th October 2018 at 15:40.