Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana Mastana View Post
    Rather Pakistan took too long to score as the pitch was not doing anything really was not even turning that they had to really dig in that hard to play Lyon.

482 was not going to be enough, they needed 550-600.
    Well lets see about that.

They could get dismissed for 260 all out, who knows. or they can take the lead and this match will be a draw. lets wait on the judgement.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    If Khawaja can survive Yasir and Hafeez its mean our spin bowling is totally out of touch.
    That guy can't even play spin ball
    Its a newish ball and day 2.

It will only get harder from here not easier for the aussies.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    If Khawaja can survive Yasir and Hafeez its mean our spin bowling is totally out of touch.
    That guy can't even play spin ball
    The ball is new atm, just let it get old. Only then spinners will come in play on this surface.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackanhyellow View Post

They could get dismissed for 260 all out, who knows. or they can take the lead and this match will be a draw. lets wait on the judgement.
    Let's wait and watch now!

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Good day. Pitch will spin more tomorrow. S Marsh is the key wicket.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackanhyellow View Post

I'd be stunned if Australia score more than 300 here

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana Mastana View Post
    Rather Pakistan took too long to score as the pitch was not doing anything really was not even turning that they had to really dig in that hard to play Lyon.

482 was not going to be enough, they needed 550-600.
    Lol. 482 is more than enough. A stronger Australian batting lineup of Warner, Smith and Clarke could do nothing after Pakistan scored 454 here 4 years ago. There's no way this Australian lineup can survive 4th innings here.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Aus may not cross 300 here. 480 runs are enough.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GLORY OF '92 View Post
    I'd be stunned if Australia score more than 300 here
    I would too.

My prediction is 260ish.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are taking Aussies too lightly.I expect them to score around 380 atleast

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Siddle has outbowled Starc by bowling perfect lenghts on this dead wicket. He should have bowled more. Although starc was very unlucky could have had at least 2 more wickets easily.

I was hoping Siddle would replace hazlewood, I think siddle is currently bowling better than overhyped hazlewood, who had a very bad south africa series. But since hazlewood is vice captain, I don't think siddle will replace him.

I think Lyon will turn up in pak's 2nd innings when pitch deteriorates. that is if pak actually get to bat 2nd and aus does not get wrecked and lose by day 4

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Annnnd, it's gone
    Wouldn't be the PCB if it was straightforward. They have re-uploaded it:

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Marnus Labuschange was chosen to make his Test debut for his batting, with his part-time leg-spin seen as a bonus, but he made a key breakthrough on day two to bring Australia back into the contest.

Pakistan had been cruising, Asad Shafiq and Haris Sohail adding exactly 150 to take the score onto 410/4. They looked set for a mammoth total, but, the ball after bowling a big full toss which was hit for four, Labuschange bowled the perfect leg-break, which spun and bounced and took Shafiq’s outside edge before nestling in Tim Paine’s gloves.

The dismissal was the start of a slide of 72/6 with Pakistan eventually bowled out for 482 as Australia surged back into the game. Labuschange credited technical work on the speeds and lengths he bowls as helping him have a productive spell.

"I've been working on my bowling for a long time but the last three months specifically, just getting a bit faster through the air and making sure I'm bowling the right length," Labuschagne said. "I’ve been working really hard with Sri [Sridharan Sriram] and John Davison back home, making sure we get that length right. So it was pleasing to see it come off today, I was able to come on and not go for too many runs and also lucky enough to get a wicket as well."

Haris Sohail made a hundred, but Labuschange brought Australia back into the game Haris Sohail made a hundred, but Labuschange brought Australia back into the game
    It felt like a day when Australia captain Tim Paine would need to shuffle his pack constantly in hopes of getting a breakthrough. Having a leg-spin option to call upon helped in this regard too.

"It was a change-up, a change in momentum, a change in the rhythm of the batsmen and just making them think a little bit differently about how they want to play shots and stuff like that," Labuschange said. "That's probably the key, trying to get them to think a little bit differently with someone who bowls a bit of leg-spin."

Australia ended the day with their openers having taken them to 30/0, 452 behind Pakistan’s first innings total. Sometime tomorrow, Labuschange’s main job, with the bat, will begin. But without his part-time skill, his side would surely be much further behind in the game.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/876655

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    482 is a good total for an inexperienced batting lineup low on confidence. 482 was a winning total in the Dubai Test last year.

It's over to our spinners to hopefully get some purchase from the wicket.

Yes it's been a slow grind but after 8 years of playing in the UAE fans should expect attritional cricket on these surfaces for the first three days. It's Days 4 and 5 where the action heats up.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Batsmen have done a good job here .

Now it's upto the bowlers . Would attack Khawaja and Finch with spin. Wouldn't use Wahab too much until the ball gets older. Could be some reverse on offer.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'd be quite confident if our attack was Abbas, Hasan, Gohar, Yasir.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Expecting Yasir to rip through the batting as usual.

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    I'd be quite confident if our attack was Abbas, Hasan, Gohar, Yasir.
    No faith in wahab?

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    No faith in wahab?
    Unless it starts reversing. The outfield is too heavy. Pacers aren't gonna do much anyway it's Yasir's partner that I have no confidence in.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Unless it starts reversing. The outfield is too heavy. Pacers aren't gonna do much anyway it's Yasir's partner that I have no confidence in.
    There was no consistent reverse swing. Siddle got a couple to tail in sharply but Starc didn't find as much which was surprising .

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    Not the conditions for pure fast bowlers. Pretty sure Riaz is just being picked as he'll give Pakistan a proper fast option and so that guys like Hasan, Amir, Junaid, Shinwari, Shaheen i.e. all the bowlers considered for the world cup won't get injured. The thinking being doesn't matter if Riaz is run into the ground, as there's plenty of time to rest between test match series as we don't play many of them. Don't think Riaz is even expected to take lots of wickets in these conditions, just apply pressure with his pace.
    erm....if that is the thinking then it is one of the worst ideas I've ever read.

In all honesty it's just poor selection wit ha battle between those behind the scenes and Mickey.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If AUS score heavy, then match is certainly a draw... or a choke loss for us

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 run out

babar failing

just dump him after this series please
    doesn't deserve anymore chances
    he has failed too much in the test format for some reason