Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I feel that I am the main bowler of the Test team" : Mohammad Abbas

Mohammad Abbas speaking to the media:

"We get some benefit from reverse swing, our spinners are pretty good and also due to the weather, the ball reverses sooner which is the reason for our success"

"I simply bowled wicket to wicket which is the main reason for my success"

"Sometimes there is less reverse swing in the 1st innings but as the pitch is used, the ball reverses quicker"

"First you must know what is your strength and that is what I follow; With the new ball, I try and get wickets"

"I try and bowl with the right line and length and not give away runs"

"I attack when the ball is reversing which is why I get success"

"As far as pace is concerned, I am happy with my pace where the fastest was 138.1 kph and I am happy with it but I am working on my fitness which will give more success in the future"

"In England, I was man of the match in one match and Man of the Series (Tests) , so I feel that I am the main bowler of the Test team and what I try is to improve on my best performances from previous games and win games for my country"

"I actually felt that it was not me who was under pressure but they were as they had to plan things against me"

"In the first innings, the first wicket fell at 142 and in the second innings, the wicket fell at 87 so it was not me who was under pressure; I was bowling on the right line and length and I got the wicket, and they were under pressure, I had no tension to worry about"

"Playing county cricket was very helpful to me as this year the weather was very warm and I was able to reverse swing the ball there"

"The ball tends to stay low on the 4th Day on wickets in Leicestershire"

"The wickets are similar to those we find in Pakistan in Karachi"

"I played 10 matches and took 50 wickets during my stay with Leics"

"I was in good form as I took 10 wickets in my last game there and my aim was to continue in the same form and win games for my country"

"Wicket will behave similar to what it was today but we will make our full efforts to win the game"

"I know that the most Test wickets in 9 games have been taken by Yasir Shah amongst spinners and Waqar Younis, Mohammad Asif and Shabbir Ahmed in 10 matches have taken 50 wickets also"

"So before this Test, it was my aim to become the first Pakistan fast-bowler to get 50 wickets in less matches - I have one more to get and I will do my best to get that wicket tomorrow"

"My aim is to get my 50th wicket tomorrow and put in a performance that helps my team win"

"My job is to try hard and if the team management and selectors want me, I will be available for that role"

"I look at the pitch and the weather and bowl to make sure I dont give any runs to the batsmen - that is the secret of my success"

"We will try to get them out as soon as possible, but this is the Australian team so we have to bowl with patience and try and get them out by Lunch"

"The runs required to win are pretty high so we will try and wrap up things as soon as possible"

"Against Sri Lanka I took 8 wickets and was the top wicket-taker amongst fast bowlers in both teams in that series, so my aim is to work hard and get more success"

Name:  IMG_8242.jpg
Views: 4220
Size:  331.5 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 10th October 2018 at 17:45.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    So a little nudge for Mohammad Amir in that title

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have to admit he's proven me wrong. I thought he was a bully on pace friendly tracks but he's proven he can ball with the Kookaburra and on the deadest wickets. Deserves to average under 20 - quality bowler!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Some more quotes for Abbas:

Following is the translation of Mohammad Abbas' answers in urdu

1. Firstly as a batsman or as a bowler, you need to know your strengths. I just concentrate on my strengths. On these kinds of surfaces I try and stick to my line and length and I bowl in the right areas. I try to keep the batsman quiet. As soon as the ball starts reversing, I attack. I think that's one of the reasons why I am successful. When you talk about pace, among the four fast bowlers here, my fastest delivery is 138 kph and average speed is 130 kph. I am happy with this speed. I'll keep on working on my fitness in order to keep getting opportunities'

2. I adjust according to the conditions. Thank God I was the man of the match and man of the series in England. I feel I am the main bowler in our Test team. I compete with myself. I always look to improve from my last performance.

3. I feel I am not under pressure, rather the opposition is wary of me as they are planning against me. In the first innings the first wicket fell for 142 and at 87 in the second innings. I stuck to my line and length. I eventually struck, so I was really happy.

4. I have benefitted from the County circuit a lot. It was pretty hot there this season. I got reverse swing going as well. On Day 4 in Leicestershire the ball keeps low as well. The wickets are like we have in Sind/Karachi. I played 10 games and got around 50 wickets. My aim was to continue the good work and serve my nation.

5. I think the wicket isn't going to change a lot. I want to say something here. The most number of wickets in first 9 Tests for Pakistan is by Yasir Shah's, but as a fast bowler, it's Waqar Younis, Mohammad Asif and Shabir Ahmed (they had 50 in 10 games. My aim before the game was to become the fastest t 50 wickets for Pakistan. One more to go, Insha'Allah I'll get that tomorrow morning.

6. My first target will be to complete fifty wickets in the morning and contribute towards my team's victory. I'll keep on working hard - it's up to the selectors and team management if they want me to be part of the white-ball set up.

7. I know what my strength and limitations. I limit myself to that. I try and bowl according to the conditions and what the team requires from me. I stick to the plan. I feel that is the reason behind my success.

8. My speed ranges between 130 kph & 138 Kph. I try and keep the batsman quiet. I bowl wicket to wicket. I feel that's the reason behind my success.

9. We'll try to wrap things up as quickly as possible. We shouldn't forget it's an Australian team after all.We'll need to be patient. We'll try to get them out before Lunch. They are under pressure, we aren't.

10. Last year I got 8 wickets in two games, which was the most by a fast bowler in the series. In all my series, I have been the top wicket taker among the fast bowlers. I bowled in the right channels and was very patient.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Very fine bowler, but as typical Pakistani, there is too much «I I me me»

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    Ok so you noticed that too! Thought I was the only one

But lets face it, maybe self-confidence is something that will get him to places and help Pakistan as well

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I noticed that too.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He deserves all the bragging rights imo. 49 wickets @ 16 is a phenomenal start to a test career. There are many cricketers (many Pakistanis included) brag much more without accomplishing even half as much.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy is becoming a beast!!! He's gonna be lethal in SA.

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps the journalists were asking him questions about his own performances. The quotes threads on PP make it seem like as if players are hiding a monolouge when in reality it's a back and forth.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    He deserves all the bragging rights imo. 49 wickets @ 16 is a phenomenal start to a test career. There are many cricketers (many Pakistanis included) brag much more without accomplishing even half as much.
    This. Fully deserves it. Thought he was a trundler but I was very Wrong

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uhmmm go and check the interview. Like they say he is in the zone. Full of confidence which is good to see!

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Me me is fine as long as the performances are there and currently they are so hats off to him Hope he keeps this up

If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Los Angeles
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If so called domestic “trundler” Mohammad Abbas can take wickets in bunches. Where is Mir Hamza, Sadaf Hussain, and other domestic performers?
    Last edited by alized; 11th October 2018 at 00:08.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Abbas is doing is remarkable and it just shows you need skill more than speed.Riaz has speed but has no clue how to take wickets.

On this docile pitch Abbas is showing what a great bowler he is and he is showing likes of Starc how to bowl on these pitches.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing to see him perform in all conditions! Bowled pretty well in relation to the conditions, wicket to wicket. Expecting him to take us home today!

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    This basically means he will get no wickets tomorrow. Thinking about Yasir's 20 wicket target.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Maybe for Yasir

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He's been great.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately he is the only pace bowler. Riaz and Amir aren't great in Tests and Hasan still isn't good enough at this level. Abbas is brilliant though, probably he best Test pacer for Pakistan since Mohammad Asif.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    Unfortunately he is the only pace bowler. Riaz and Amir aren't great in Tests and Hasan still isn't good enough at this level. Abbas is brilliant though, probably he best Test pacer for Pakistan since Mohammad Asif.
    Just goes to show that the selectors need to begin giving guys like Mir Hamza and others in domestic cricket a chance.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wasimjunior View Post
    This. Fully deserves it. Thought he was a trundler but I was very Wrong
    No, you were right. He IS a trundler, and he is still great.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    He sure has taken over from Amir, in tests.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was telling about his own performance and experience, what else did you expect ?

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can;t wait to see his performance in SA.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Texas, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He came from behind and took over most hyped Wahab Riaz, Mohd Amir, Hasan Ali, Rahat, and Junaid. He has probably surprised himself. There may be more nuggets like him in the domestic cricket who should be tried. unfortunately, Pakistan is not playing enough test cricket.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sali View Post
    He came from behind and took over most hyped Wahab Riaz, Mohd Amir, Hasan Ali, Rahat, and Junaid. He has probably surprised himself. There may be more nuggets like him in the domestic cricket who should be tried. unfortunately, Pakistan is not playing enough test cricket.
    he is not wrong based upon how Wahab is bowling and how Amir has dropped out

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Think he jinxed himself when talking about that one wicket he needs

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prime time for abbas to take his 50th,51st and 52nd wicket.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    "I feel that I am the only pace bowler of the Test team" : Mohammad Abbas

This is what he should have said. We cant even bowl Wahab against tailenders.