Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I feel that I am the main bowler of the Test team" : Mohammad Abbas

Mohammad Abbas speaking to the media:

"We get some benefit from reverse swing, our spinners are pretty good and also due to the weather, the ball reverses sooner which is the reason for our success"

"I simply bowled wicket to wicket which is the main reason for my success"

"Sometimes there is less reverse swing in the 1st innings but as the pitch is used, the ball reverses quicker"

"First you must know what is your strength and that is what I follow; With the new ball, I try and get wickets"

"I try and bowl with the right line and length and not give away runs"

"I attack when the ball is reversing which is why I get success"

"As far as pace is concerned, I am happy with my pace where the fastest was 138.1 kph and I am happy with it but I am working on my fitness which will give more success in the future"

"In England, I was man of the match in one match and Man of the Series (Tests) , so I feel that I am the main bowler of the Test team and what I try is to improve on my best performances from previous games and win games for my country"

"I actually felt that it was not me who was under pressure but they were as they had to plan things against me"

"In the first innings, the first wicket fell at 142 and in the second innings, the wicket fell at 87 so it was not me who was under pressure; I was bowling on the right line and length and I got the wicket, and they were under pressure, I had no tension to worry about"

"Playing county cricket was very helpful to me as this year the weather was very warm and I was able to reverse swing the ball there"

"The ball tends to stay low on the 4th Day on wickets in Leicestershire"

"The wickets are similar to those we find in Pakistan in Karachi"

"I played 10 matches and took 50 wickets during my stay with Leics"

"I was in good form as I took 10 wickets in my last game there and my aim was to continue in the same form and win games for my country"

"Wicket will behave similar to what it was today but we will make our full efforts to win the game"

"I know that the most Test wickets in 9 games have been taken by Yasir Shah amongst spinners and Waqar Younis, Mohammad Asif and Shabbir Ahmed in 10 matches have taken 50 wickets also"

"So before this Test, it was my aim to become the first Pakistan fast-bowler to get 50 wickets in less matches - I have one more to get and I will do my best to get that wicket tomorrow"

"My aim is to get my 50th wicket tomorrow and put in a performance that helps my team win"

"My job is to try hard and if the team management and selectors want me, I will be available for that role"

"I look at the pitch and the weather and bowl to make sure I dont give any runs to the batsmen - that is the secret of my success"

"We will try to get them out as soon as possible, but this is the Australian team so we have to bowl with patience and try and get them out by Lunch"

"The runs required to win are pretty high so we will try and wrap up things as soon as possible"

"Against Sri Lanka I took 8 wickets and was the top wicket-taker amongst fast bowlers in both teams in that series, so my aim is to work hard and get more success"

Name:  IMG_8242.jpg
Views: 4076
Size:  331.5 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 10th October 2018 at 16:45.