Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    haha Yasir smiling. Its a fun game.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Tim Paine you beauty!

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice. Good for test cricket. Pakistan should be disappointed

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if it was run out on the no-ball and out on the last ball!!!!

Love for all hatred for none.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awesome from AUS

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Great performance from a young Aussie team.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Aussie skipper :thumb:

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant from Usman Khawaja and Australia

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    139 overs and ''best bowling attack in world" could get only 8 wickets on a 5th day track on home ground...tsk tsk..tough days ahead for all batting lineups in the world

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Rubbish. Congrats Australia.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We suck in Tests. Let's go back to Pak please

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monumental effort from Khawaja, Head and Paine. They were superb. Pakistan's bowling was very ordinary and the captaincy extremely shoddy. I don't think Pakistan were short on overs. 140 overs are more than enough. But Sarfraz needs to take a long hard look at himself at how he captained in this Test match especially the 1st session today.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great effort from Australia.
    Full credit to the young Aussie side.
    To Pakistan I would say think again what players you wants to play in UAE.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Not to take anything from Australia but those mocking the Pakistani bowling attack need to acknowledge that the pitch had seriously flattened. To pick up 8 wickets on that graveyard was nothing short of miracle.

If anything Sarfaraz captaincy and Wahabs non impact need to be blamed

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What Happened?!?!

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1713 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    What a fight back!!! These type of draws are more damaging for the side in advantage - had AUS finished the day 5 down, I am sure PAK would have been much happier.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Not to take anything from Australia but those mocking the Pakistani bowling attack need to acknowledge that the pitch had seriously flattened. To pick up 8 wickets on that graveyard was nothing short of miracle.

Yeah true one had to just captain aggressively and other had to bowl in short bursts both of them were abysmal. If you can attack in last hour why not at 1st hour of the day lots of runs were on scoreboard. I think sarfraz deserves and wishes Anwar Ali and Nawaz in the team so he can only review there appeals

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope they will now stop the talk about 4 day match rubbish. This is pure thriller

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the pitch really is that docile then I think the blame should completely fall on how the Pakistani batsmen batted in the first innings.

Good teams would easily have put up 500 runs in at least 30 overs less. Pakistani batsmen robbed the bowlers of 30 overs in this test and cost themselves a test win.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QalandarFan View Post
    What Happened?!?!
    A boy. We named him Wahab Riaz the speedmaster.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor from Pakistan.

Wahab, Yasir and Sarfraz should take the blame.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just like I expected, this lower order of Aus is no pushover similar to Eng. Probably they are the two lower order heavy sides in the world. And well played Pak, just could not finish it. A great game. One of the greatest saving efforts of last 30-35 years, probably will go and join that famous Artherton draw vs Sa in 1997 in the last 30 years.
    Last edited by ind_win; 11th October 2018 at 14:43.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We should move to day night test matches. Despite this being a thriller and my fav Haris Sohail scored a century i didnt like this match. Dead pitch, no crowd, no turn, no pace, nothing. Test cricket will die like this.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think basics of test cricket in UAE is that you have to score 300 run in a day especially if you bat for the first 2 days.

Pakistan should have batted once, the 3rd innings we couldnt take advantage by batting quickly either.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well played Australia ! Well played Pakistan too!
    Felt Pakistan took a bit easy this morning assuming young Australian team would role over.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    If the pitch really is that docile then I think the blame should completely fall on how the Pakistani batsmen batted in the first innings.

Good teams would easily have put up 500 runs in at least 30 overs less. Pakistani batsmen robbed the bowlers of 30 overs in this test and cost themselves a test win.
    The misbah ul haq effect. God knows when it will be eliminated from our batting culture

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Poor from Pakistan.

Yasir did the best he could. The pitch was seriously flat. The main culprits are Wahab and Sarfaraz

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sully3 View Post
    im on about how England ran riots against India this summer which you seem to have forgot and how pakistan drew their series away in england and its only logical for them to plan to win in SA.
    Bro seriously, stop trying to do some banter with the Indians. They literally destroyed us twice in our own home most recently, we couldnt even reach the asia cup finals, lost to bangladesh and won against afghanistan only in the last over. The type of thrashing the Indian batsmen gave us, we should not indulge in banter with indians until the world cup starts.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The misbah ul haq effect. God knows when it will be eliminated from our batting culture
    That's absurb. Misbah is long gone. You have to stop blaming Misbah for the ineptitude of the current players.

Misbah won you the series 2-0 by huge margins.

This is not on Misbah at all and saying otherwise is just deflecting a serious problem that Pakistan cricket is facing today - that the batsmen are just not good enough.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's in situations like this when you can tell the true cricket fans from useless posters (no offense for the latter but you know who you are).

The reality is, Bilal, Yasir and especially Abbas bowled like world class performers, no Aussie bowler came close to matching them and I doubt many if any on the planet would in such flat, dry, dead pitches. And yet one man trumped them all, a batsman who curbed his natural game, who stopped his usual fluid play and dug in...then dug in again....and dug in one last time. Khawaja played one of the truly great test innings. I think Smith's century in India was special, this may have been just as good.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Poor from Pakistan.

Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    That's absurb. Misbah is long gone. You have to stop blaming Misbah for the ineptitude of the current players.

Misbah won you the series 2-0 by huge margins.

This is not on Misbah at all and saying otherwise is just deflecting a serious problem that Pakistan cricket is facing today - that the batsmen are just not good enough.
    I am blaming misbah ul haq tuk tuk philosophy which he thoroughly ingrained during his 7 year tenure.

Yes problems are rooted in our domestic pitches and uae pitches as well but the 90's Pakistani batsmen batted flamboyantly on the same pitches

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Poor from Pakistan.

Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    It's in situations like this when you can tell the true cricket fans from useless posters (no offense for the latter but you know who you are).

The reality is, Bilal, Yasir and especially Abbas bowled like world class performers, no Aussie bowler came close to matching them and I doubt many if any on the planet would in such flat, dry, dead pitches. And yet one man trumped them all, a batsman who curbed his natural game, who stopped his usual fluid play and dug in...then dug in again....and dug in one last time. Khawaja played one of the truly great test innings. I think Smith's century in India was special, this may have been just as good.
    The main culprits are Wahab and Sarfaraz

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am blaming misbah ul haq tuk tuk philosophy which he thoroughly ingrained during his 7 year tenure.

Yes problems are rooted in our domestic pitches and uae pitches as well but the 90's Pakistani batsmen batted flamboyantly on the same pitches
    Whatever Misbah's philosophy was, he won you guys test series. If it's not working now then it's not because of Misbah and his philosophy. It's because the current players aren't performing.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad runnate cost this match along with always present bad captaincy factor.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wahab and Sarfraz both cant justofy their position in the team in any format.
    Azhar should be worried about his form as well

is bilal asif the spinner the team is dying for ? no !!!

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually ..... we LOST !!!!!!!!!!

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main culprits are Wahab and Sarfaraz
    Sarfra is not good enough as captain and Riaz obviously should not be in the side BUT Khawaja and those that stuck around were bigger factors than that.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I remember the Indian cricket team has had spinners in the past who were quickly figured out. Bowlers like Sivaramakrishna and Hirwani started strong but quickly faded.

Asif has gone from 6 for 36 to 0 for 87 in the space of one innings. I wonder if the Australian batsmen have figured him out.
    @MMHS @sensible-indian-fan
    Last edited by Napa; 11th October 2018 at 17:02.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    I remember the Indian cricket team has had spinners in the past who were quickly figured out. Bowlers like Sivaramakrishna and Hirwani started strong but quickly faded.

Asif has gone from 6 for 36 to 0 for 87 in the space of one innings. I wonder if the Australian batsmen have figured him out.
    I haven't been watching the game enough to comment.

These stuff happen even to good bowlers at times.

It will take some more time to judge whether Bilal is good or not.

He seems to have turn and bounce which is a good combo. Need to see more of him really.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1713 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post

6/36 in 23 overs are unreal figures on debut - this doesn't happen often in every decade. Hirwani & Shiva were quite decent leggi, but they started with 16 wickets & 12 wickets on debut (Shiva probably not on debut against Poms in 1985) - none can keep that level. I would like to take Bilal's 1st Test as 6/123 in like 58 overs - still brilliant - he'll be one of the greats of the game if by 38, he ends-up with 35 Tests for 170 wickets @25

I don't think there was much about figuring out - guy didn't get his 6fors with some mystery balls. His first one (Shaun), was a classic off-spinner's dismissal against lefti, 3rd one (Head) as well. 2nd one was a poor shot by Khwaja, but he was tied down as well by Bilal bowling round the wicket. 4th & 5th were again classical Offie's dismissal for right-handers on a turning track (caught at short leg) and 6th one last batsman trier to slog. A better plan by Aussies 2nd time - definitely. For a change on this dead slow wicket, they decided to wait for him to reach rather than pushing at him (his ball), which worked.

But, biggest culprit was PAK's fielding tactics - defending 462, even had Aussies were 303/4 at lunch, with 160 required in 2 sessions, one can always tighten screw & deny scoring - PAK was never in any threat of losing the game. Yet, Sarfraz went for defensive from start and allowed too many singles which doesn't allow spinners to target one batsman. I think, when you have plenty of runs, spinners don't mind conceding a boundary, if he can bowl 6 balls to one batsman with 4-5 catching fielders around. Same Bilal, defending 462 with 3 down already, under Misbah could have ended with another 5for. Last tour, Babar actually had 2 5fors in 2nd innings against Aussies - before that, Rehman ran through Poms. UAE is for finger spinners, provided that right tactics is applied.

Hope pankha base won't recall this post when next time Bilal gets wickets or Captain dynamic defends a total.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    I haven't been watching the game enough to comment.

These stuff happen even to good bowlers at times.

It will take some more time to judge whether Bilal is good or not.

He seems to have turn and bounce which is a good combo. Need to see more of him really.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    6/36 in 23 overs are unreal figures on debut - this doesn't happen often in every decade. Hirwani & Shiva were quite decent leggi, but they started with 16 wickets & 12 wickets on debut (Shiva probably not on debut against Poms in 1985) - none can keep that level. I would like to take Bilal's 1st Test as 6/123 in like 58 overs - still brilliant - he'll be one of the greats of the game if by 38, he ends-up with 35 Tests for 170 wickets @25

I don't think there was much about figuring out - guy didn't get his 6fors with some mystery balls. His first one (Shaun), was a classic off-spinner's dismissal against lefti, 3rd one (Head) as well. 2nd one was a poor shot by Khwaja, but he was tied down as well by Bilal bowling round the wicket. 4th & 5th were again classical Offie's dismissal for right-handers on a turning track (caught at short leg) and 6th one last batsman trier to slog. A better plan by Aussies 2nd time - definitely. For a change on this dead slow wicket, they decided to wait for him to reach rather than pushing at him (his ball), which worked.

But, biggest culprit was PAK's fielding tactics - defending 462, even had Aussies were 303/4 at lunch, with 160 required in 2 sessions, one can always tighten screw & deny scoring - PAK was never in any threat of losing the game. Yet, Sarfraz went for defensive from start and allowed too many singles which doesn't allow spinners to target one batsman. I think, when you have plenty of runs, spinners don't mind conceding a boundary, if he can bowl 6 balls to one batsman with 4-5 catching fielders around. Same Bilal, defending 462 with 3 down already, under Misbah could have ended with another 5for. Last tour, Babar actually had 2 5fors in 2nd innings against Aussies - before that, Rehman ran through Poms. UAE is for finger spinners, provided that right tactics is applied.

Hope pankha base won't recall this post when next time Bilal gets wickets or Captain dynamic defends a total.
    Thanks for the insights.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor from Pakistan. Any Asian team except Afgans would have won in this situation against this depleted Aussie side. 140 overs , without their 2 best players of spin,being demoralized for bundled out for 202 in first innings ,playing last day on not an easy track,it had all the ingredients in favor of Pakistan.Congrats to Australia for chieving this draw

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still can’t believe we let a mediocre batsman like Khawaja score that many runs IN the UAE

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    We suck in Tests. Let's go back to Pak please
    And play who?

Sialkot Stallions? Lahore Panthers?

No intl cricket esp. Tests are possible.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, we cant even beat a second string team that is without David Warner and Steve Smith, Chee chee chee.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by princeuk View Post
    So, we cant even beat a second string team that is without David Warner and Steve Smith, Chee chee chee.
    The advantgeous position Pakistan team were in , should have defeated Australia even with Warner , Smith

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should have won that won. Unable to take two more wickets is a devastating blow. I fear the Aussies gaining great confidence with this draw will do us in the next Test.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol

not taking them 2 wickets and having a typical collapse
    not good for confidence

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing about us Aussies is that we always fight and are always competitive, it comes from a strong sporting culture. India and all those types of countries are big in population and only play one major sport but yet can't compete with a small country population wise like Australia.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba Red View Post
    One thing about us Aussies is that we always fight and are always competitive, it comes from a strong sporting culture. India and all those types of countries are big in population and only play one major sport but yet can't compete with a small country population wise like Australia.
    yes thtas true, thats why india is ranked 1st and 2nd in test/odi and you guys are ranked 3rd and 6th

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ** Most consecutive Tests without a draw:
    26 Zim (2005-17)
    23 Aus (1999-01)
    22 Eng (1884-92)
    22 Aus (2001-03)
    22 Pak (2015-18) - streak ended today

** This is the first drawn Test between Pakistan & Australia since October 1998 - 19 consecutive Tests with a result before this draw (Pak won 3, Aus won 16).

** Most overs batted in 4th inngs for a draw (Asia):
    142.0 Ban v Zim, Dhaka, 2005
    140.0 Eng v SL, Kandy, 2003
    139.5 Aus v Pak, Dubai, 2018
    136.0 Ind v WI, Kolkata, 1948

----

Usman Khawaja | Man of the match

----

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was an exciting match. Gave up when Khawaja and Paine were looking comfortable but when i saw they had both been dismissed I put my stream back on. When Siddle was LBW I went crazy. Frustrating we couldn't take the last 2 wickets but was a good game of cricket.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Agonizing when Abbas got that inside edge bowling an off cutter to Paine with about seven overs to go. Couple of other moments like that too. Was a close run thing with only one possible winner.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by princeuk View Post
    This team were more motivated. Smith and Warner were not going to play like Khawaja and Head. We would have won.