Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s28 View Post

Think the "Football Lads" should have been in apostrophes rather than Democratic. Like seriously. Don't even know what's going on anymore.

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I really hope that this doesn’t turn violent.

I think the same group of people had a similar march last year and no one paid attention to it.

All these counter protests will do is give more attention to them.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't understand why the thick far right supporters keep going with their useless activities. The likes of Britain First and National Front movements have either given up or should do so now. Why don't they ever condemn atrocities committed by white armies in non white particularly Muslim lands and it's consequences? Neither Muslim's or coloured people are ever gonna leave Europe or the UK. Their repatriation plans have been going on since the 1930's for goodness sake when there were much fewer coloured and Muslim people in the west. Anti-fascists/racists have every reason to fight back if provoked. London is majority non white now it seems, they just need to accept it.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Far Right street movement is partly a 'vanguard' for the Political Right / Brexit movement. Saying in effect 'if the politicians don't deliver Brexit we can get these racists on the streets to agitate for it'

The purpose of the Left counter-movement is to let them know they will not succeed in taking 'our streets' as we have defeated Fascism and Nazis before.

That is why the Labour movement is getting behind this as it represents the Working Class who know they have more in common with oppressed workers internationally than their fellow 'patriot' Rulers/Bosses.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to get the popcorn out for the Speakers Corner video content.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Met a racist muttering something to himself after seeing me leaving my car the other day. Then heard him again when I was leaving the store saying something like "they're stealing our jobs". Told him that he'd still be on the streets even if I was elsewhere. It is not migrants but a lack of qualifications and work experience that is holding him back. No need to argue with them, just give the facts as to why he is a jobless loser. Can also remind them that million's of white people live and work in the east as well. As most racists have never been abroad they need to be educated on such things.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I’m reminded of how working people of the East End rose up to oppose Moseley’s Fascists in the 1930s.

Fascism isn’t “Far Right” though, it’s an aggressive authoritarian nationalism with demonisation of the Other. Ideologically speaking, the opposite of Fascism isn’t the Left, it’s Liberal internationalism.

Punching a fascist will just make them hate more. Only love can overcome hate.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes does everyone remember how we defeated Hitler and the Nazis by loving them ?

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s28 View Post
    Yes does everyone remember how we defeated Hitler and the Nazis by loving them ?
    False equivalence between the monster of the twentieth century and a few street thugs. They don’t like themselves very much, so they look for Others to blame. If they start liking themselves more they will stop hating Others.

Recompense not evil for evil. Rather, overcome evil with good. - Romans Ch. 12.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I’m reminded of how working people of the East End rose up to oppose Moseley’s Fascists in the 1930s.

Fascism isn’t “Far Right” though, it’s an aggressive authoritarian nationalism with demonisation of the Other. Ideologically speaking, the opposite of Fascism isn’t the Left, it’s Liberal internationalism.

Punching a fascist will just make them hate more. Only love can overcome hate.
    What's going on in Europe today isn't Fascism, it's a precursor. Aggressive authoritarian nationalism is not quite there yet because it lacks authority, but demonisation of the Other has it's seed planted and attempting to grow shoots. What is more interesting is when it is given PR friendly terms of description by the media like 'Alt-right' or 'Populism'.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    What's going on in Europe today isn't Fascism, it's a precursor. Aggressive authoritarian nationalism is not quite there yet because it lacks authority, but demonisation of the Other has it's seed planted and attempting to grow shoots. What is more interesting is when it is given PR friendly terms of description by the media like 'Alt-right' or 'Populism'.
    Sure, it’s a proto-fascism at this stage. But it is growing, and Brexit counts as its greatest success.