User Tag List

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Should Sarfaraz Ahmed get some blame if Pakistan does not win 1st Test against Australia?

Should Sarfraz get some blame if Pakistan does not win 1st Test against Australia? Ramiz Raja was mentioning that Sarfraz was not aggressive enough to get wicket

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not some, all of the blame. dropped catches, missed stumping, review's not taken properly & most importantly his own form.

Love for all hatred for none.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Batted too slow, should have declared earlier.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RehanG View Post
    not some, all of the blame. dropped catches, missed stumping, review's not taken properly & most importantly his own form.
    really? this is horrible; I am not watching the game so did not know he was so bad

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First problem is All Pak batsman batted at snail pace score 480 odd runs in almost 2 full days is criminal in any day. They should have upped the tempo earlier in test to get the desired result.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That’s what happens when you bat at a run rate of 2. Pathetic approach

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only Pakistani batsmen didn't bat at a snails pace during the 1st innings.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    this what happens when u dont pay 2 spinners

bilal asif is not a full time spinner

on day five wicket you need someone helping out yasir. a proper spinner

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    this what happens when u dont pay 2 spinners

bilal asif is not a full time spinner

on day five wicket you need someone helping out yasir. a proper spinner
    Agree with you but we dont have quality spinners in domestic. Bilal is one of the best we got. Zafar Gohar for some reason couldnt get into A team.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Venue
    Birmingham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We would have won this match under Misbah. In these conditions and situations you need calm a head and trust your bowlers. The amount of pressure he puts on the bowlers it causes the opposite effect.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pak4life View Post
    We would have won this match under Misbah. In these conditions and situations you need calm a head and trust your bowlers. The amount of pressure he puts on the bowlers it causes the opposite effect.
    Agreed. Pakistan misses Misbah today.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slight things we can find in every game and for every captain but for me Sarfraz's biggest mistake was not giving enough overs to Haris when all other bowlers weren't looking threatening at all especially our spinners in first 2 and a half sessions.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Agree with you but we dont have quality spinners in domestic. Bilal is one of the best we got. Zafar Gohar for some reason couldnt get into A team.
    Zafar Gohar, Asghar, even Abdur Rehman these guys are proper spinners and could have done something here.

its criminal to draw a test match even after reaching day 5.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zafar Gohar, Asghar, even Abdur Rehman these guys are proper spinners and could have done something here.

its criminal to draw a test match even after reaching day 5.
    Abdur Rehman has retired. Asghar isn't anything special.
    Zafar should be in the mix along with Raza and Irfan but it is time to accept our spin factory isnt special. I made a thread on this last month too.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They had more than enough time to get Australia out. It wasn't the time, almost 140 overs on 4th and 5th day. You can't complain about lack of time. It was all about captaincy, not getting the field placement right, giving away easy singles and letting partnerships build without exerting pressure. The way they had the fielding setup in the last half hour, it should have happened much much earlier. Lost to bad captaincy, that's all.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Slight things we can find in every game and for every captain but for me Sarfraz's biggest mistake was not giving enough overs to Haris when all other bowlers weren't looking threatening at all especially our spinners in first 2 and a half sessions.
    May be he was a bit cautious - part time spinner might go for plenty & AUS could have chased this target. 462 isn't that big a target you know, for 140 overs.

More or less I have seen the game since lunch and apart from last hour, PAK had about 4-5 fielders saving boundary, therefore you can't deny that probability (of failing to defend 462).

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, bowling was not good , yasir and abass was good, rest bowler were not enough

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    If only Pakistani batsmen didn't bat at a snails pace during the 1st innings.
    I wouldn’t blame the Pakistani batsmen for this, there were 5 sessions to bowl them out.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Abdur Rehman has retired. Asghar isn't anything special.
    Zafar should be in the mix along with Raza and Irfan but it is time to accept our spin factory isnt special. I made a thread on this last month too.
    rehman retired two days ago. When the squad was selected he hadn't retired yet.

bro our spin bowling is much better then rest of the world. Problem is we just dont appreciate it. We think 1 spinner is enough

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by letme alone View Post
    no, bowling was not good , yasir and abass was good, rest bowler were not enough
    Yasir only bowled well in last 15 overs of the day.
    He has been poor throughout the domestic season. Haris looked more threatening than him.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rehman retired two days ago. When the squad was selected he hadn't retired yet.

bro our spin bowling is much better then rest of the world. Problem is we just dont appreciate it. We think 1 spinner is enough
    You know a lot about domestic so i will take your word for it but frankly i dont see quality spinners like for example India and Sri Lanka. And yes you are right that in UAE 2 quality spinners are must.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    You know a lot about domestic so i will take your word for it but frankly i dont see quality spinners like for example India and Sri Lanka. And yes you are right that in UAE 2 quality spinners are must.
    PAK's spin resources are still among best in world, if not the best - you can bank on my words here. But, to form a successful attack (be with spin or pace, doesn't matter), you need a Captain and to an extent wicket as well.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will take next test defeat as long as this man will be sacked.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have you heard of zafar gohar and raza hasan?

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    PAK's spin resources are still among best in world, if not the best - you can bank on my words here. But, to form a successful attack (be with spin or pace, doesn't matter), you need a Captain and to an extent wicket as well.
    I follow Pakistan domestic keenly, and used to be a frequent visitor to domestic matches, in my view we havent got special spinners like India and SL (Ajmal was a chucker too sorry, so was/is Hafeez). Was just referring to Major as he has played club cricket too and knows the ins and outs of Pak domestic and things which we cant get on paper and scorecards.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz is a fine Test keeper.

But Tim Paine is a genuine Test skipper because he is intelligent, thoughtful and leads the team properly.

Sarfraz has very modest intelligence, shows few signs of being capable of analytic thought, and leads the team like Windsor Davies’ comedy Sergeant Major in “It Ain’t Half Hot, Mum”.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Horrible captaincy especially in the first session, had fielders on the boundary when they should have been more attacking, he needs to stop shouting at others and look at his own performance! I think he should take majority of the blame..

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Have you heard of zafar gohar and raza hasan?
    Ofcourse lol!
    Raza isnt the same after his injury and bad company (drugs and stuff). Actually i have a pic with raza too when he came to diamond cricket ground.

Zafar for some reason isnt even getting a place in Pak A team.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The bowlers did their best on a flat slow day 5 pitch. Only Wahabs position needs to be reviewed for the next test as we can't put too much pressure on Abbas in a 2 seamer attack.

Sarfaraz captaincy is the biggest culprit

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He is far too impatient for Test cricket!

One hit over the top and he suddenly takes mid-on or off back to the boundary.

Also, he isn't attacking either and was trying stop boundaries by spreading the field, like he was captaining in a LOI game.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you bat for the forst 2 days its criminal not to score 300 runs per day

a

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sully3 View Post
    If you bat for the forst 2 days its criminal not to score 300 runs per day

a
    Specially after scores like 200/1 or 300/2.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I follow Pakistan domestic keenly, and used to be a frequent visitor to domestic matches, in my view we havent got special spinners like India and SL (Ajmal was a chucker too sorry, so was/is Hafeez). Was just referring to Major as he has played club cricket too and knows the ins and outs of Pak domestic and things which we cant get on paper and scorecards.
    You do have - I make lots of fun for "Talunt" of PAK cricket because of ... you know. But, you do have spinners. Problem is, top quality spinners need to be encouraged & supported to develop. You see, I have no bias - I wrote many times that Yasir is not going to succeed in ODI because of the Captain doesn't trust him - same thing happened here. Indians & Lankans do know how use classical spinners, BD is catching up as well - unfortunately PAK is stuck with darting & defensive mantra for spinners. Main reason is IND, SRL or BD captains are not scared of conceding runs by their spinners, as long as he is threatening wickets. Today, Sarfraz was sacred for conceding boundary, which will never work in UAE. It doesn't turn or bounce sharp here that spinners can take wickets with unplayable balls - here you'll have to create wicket, by choking run & keeping batsman always guessing.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Specially after scores like 200/1 or 300/2.
    Even with a 280 lead had Sarfraz followed on Pak probably would win this match easily on the 5th day

His captaincy is an issue, his keeping is an issue and his batting is even a bigger issue. add to that he caused 2 run outs in the first innings which probably meant we couldnt get the 600 score we were looking for to bat once.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He should have kept the field up entire last inning rather than keeping them on boundary line. He had 450+ runs in bag, there was no need to be so defensive.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshi98 View Post
    Sir, you are being really brilliant these days. This one is really savage
    Yes bro, I was dumb in past - learning from PP.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barragan View Post
    He is far too impatient for Test cricket!

One hit over the top and he suddenly takes mid-on or off back to the boundary.

Also, he isn't attacking either and was trying stop boundaries by spreading the field, like he was captaining in a LOI game.
    His positive point was his aggressive captaincy but now he has become a defensive captain.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do have - I make lots of fun for "Talunt" of PAK cricket because of ... you know. But, you do have spinners. Problem is, top quality spinners need to be encouraged & supported to develop. You see, I have no bias - I wrote many times that Yasir is not going to succeed in ODI because of the Captain doesn't trust him - same thing happened here. Indians & Lankans do know how use classical spinners, BD is catching up as well - unfortunately PAK is stuck with darting & defensive mantra for spinners. Main reason is IND, SRL or BD captains are not scared of conceding runs by their spinners, as long as he is threatening wickets. Today, Sarfraz was sacred for conceding boundary, which will never work in UAE. It doesn't turn or bounce sharp here that spinners can take wickets with unplayable balls - here you'll have to create wicket, by choking run & keeping batsman always guessing.
    You also have to take into account that Pakistani pitches are vastly different to those in India, SL and Bangladesh.

Pakistan is the only country out of those 4 that doesn't produce rank turners. Not in the last 30 years at least. That's one of the reasons why finger spinners have never really come through in Pakistan. Saqlain being the only exception. Leg spinners have come aplenty and have generally done well. Whereas it's the opposite case in India, SL and Ban where rank turners have encouraged finger spinners more.

Pakistan right now in the UAE is seriously missing a top class finger spinner. Abdur Rehman was one and he had great success in the UAE. But right now Pakistan is extremely short of quality finger spinners. Even Bilal Asif is a wrist spinner despite bowling off spin.

In ODIs, Yasir will never succeed not because the captain doesn't trust him but because his bowing style is inherently flawed where he doesn't spin the ball. And when you don't spin the ball, in ODIs you are going to be thrashed. The captain can't be blamed then for not trusting Yasir.

Finger spinners in ODIs rarely do well because you don't get rank turners in ODIs. This is why Herath despite being an ATG in sub-continent in Tests is pretty mediocre in ODIs. This has nothing to do with not being scared of conceding runs.

In the UAE, you need quality finger spinners on the last day because whatever spin there is, it will be the finger spinners who'd extract it. Haris Sohail probably spun the ball the most on this wicket for Pakistan. It's a shame that Pakistan is devoid of quality finger spinners at the moment.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    you also have to take into account that pakistani pitches are vastly different to those in india, sl and bangladesh.

Pakistan is the only country out of those 4 that doesn't produce rank turners. Not in the last 30 years at least. That's one of the reasons why finger spinners have never really come through in pakistan. Saqlain being the only exception. Leg spinners have come aplenty and have generally done well. Whereas it's the opposite case in india, sl and ban where rank turners have encouraged finger spinners more.

Pakistan right now in the uae is seriously missing a top class finger spinner. Abdur rehman was one and he had great success in the uae. But right now pakistan is extremely short of quality finger spinners. Even bilal asif is a wrist spinner despite bowling off spin.

In odis, yasir will never succeed not because the captain doesn't trust him but because his bowing style is inherently flawed where he doesn't spin the ball. And when you don't spin the ball, in odis you are going to be thrashed. The captain can't be blamed then for not trusting yasir.

Finger spinners in odis rarely do well because you don't get rank turners in odis. This is why herath despite being an atg in sub-continent in tests is pretty mediocre in odis. This has nothing to do with not being scared of conceding runs.

In the uae, you need quality finger spinners on the last day because whatever spin there is, it will be the finger spinners who'd extract it. Haris sohail probably spun the ball the most on this wicket for pakistan. It's a shame that pakistan is devoid of quality finger spinners at the moment.
    how can you find finger spinners, if your think tank picks spinners on batting merit & their darting capacity so that runs can be checked?

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how can you find finger spinners, if your think tank picks spinners on batting merit & their darting capacity so that runs can be checked?
    Our selectors have always been incompetent. But there aren't many good finger spinners in Pakistan at the moment. That's also a fact. Because the pitches aren't conducive for finger spinners.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    Our selectors have always been incompetent. But there aren't many good finger spinners in Pakistan at the moment. That's also a fact. Because the pitches aren't conducive for finger spinners.
    Bro, you think among dozens of SLAO spinners in PAK domestics, Nawaz & Imad are the best 2, because only these two have been playing in whatever capacity for last 3 years now.

If this is true, then I have to re think about PAK's status as an elite Test team.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan basically keep going around in circles. When Pakistan lost Inzimam, it left a huge hole in the middle order. And then the England series where they were without Inzi, MoYo, YK and to some extent Misbah and Malik, that’s when things completely went down hill for them. So what does Pakistan do? They bring back YK and Misbah as captain and they consolidate for the next few years, grinding out at a run rate of 2.5 to 2.9 whereas the world’s top teams continue to bat at 3 to 3.5 regardless of the track. Pakistan slowly find their feet and two big guns retire, now they are back to consolidating with this new look side.

Flat decks, Most teams could actually target 4 runs an over as long as they back themselves

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sarfaraz is a pathetic cricketer.

Can't believe I was considering him a better test captain than Virat Kohli I take back my words.

He doesn't deserve to wear Pakistan's shirt. You have to be beyond awful to lose a test game from such position of strength.

All blame is his. Should sit out next game and Pakistan should seriously consider dropping him from '19 squad.

Heck, make Hafeez skipper. No one can do worse than him.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro, you think among dozens of SLAO spinners in PAK domestics, Nawaz & Imad are the best 2, because only these two have been playing in whatever capacity for last 3 years now.

If this is true, then I have to re think about PAK's status as an elite Test team.
    Not for a moment do I believe that Imad and Nawaz are the best 2. They are quite mediocre. The reason why those two have played consistently is because Imad is economical in limited overs cricket and Nawaz is considered a utility player who does all three facets of the game. If I were the selector, I would rid the team of these two first and foremost because I don't want economy. I want wickets and wickets can only be provided by specialists. Unfortunately right now in Pakistan, even the specialists are few and far between who have the quality to become international players. Probably should try out Asghar in Tests for starters.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guyz this wat I said on 8th Oct that pak r being complacent & this is wat happened today ! I predicted that pak doesn't have enuf fire power ! Pak scored only 480 batting 2 days meaning less than 250 per day which is quite low IMO...

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    Sarfaraz is a pathetic cricketer.

Can't believe I was considering him a better test captain than Virat Kohli I take back my words.

He doesn't deserve to wear Pakistan's shirt. You have to be beyond awful to lose a test game from such position of strength.

All blame is his. Should sit out next game and Pakistan should seriously consider dropping him from '19 squad.

Heck, make Hafeez skipper. No one can do worse than him.
    Kohli is equally pathetic if not worse. Just that individually he is damn good that, he can get away with it.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WengerOut View Post
    Kohli is equally pathetic if not worse. Just that individually he is damn good that, he can get away with it.
    Still. No way in hell VK (or even Sharma) would draw a game vs this noob Australia batting on a 5th day...

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    Still. No way in hell VK (or even Sharma) would draw a game vs this noob Australia batting on a 5th day...
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1...-v-aus-2016-17

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He missed a plumb lbw, missed a stumping and was extremely defensive for a good 40 overs when defending 462.

Apart from that 40 overs of Tuk Tuk meant we lost a good number of overs. Even if we had 20 overs extra we would have won probably.

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Despite all that I won't be too hard on Sarfraz. I think he can be forgiven here and he'll learn.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Sarfaraz could hold his position as a player, then he couldve been given some leeway. But he is performing poorly as well.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WengerOut View Post
    If Sarfaraz could hold his position as a player, then he couldve been given some leeway. But he is performing poorly as well.
    He guy adding a 4th dimension of counter productivity - ran Babar out against IND in Asia Cup, and here got himself out for taking it comfortably.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RehanG View Post
    That non review

Name:  SzLPO75_d.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  42.0 KB

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    That non review

Name:  SzLPO75_d.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  42.0 KB
    exactly, and not to forget one reviewed which had BIG inside edge!! criminal from Sarfraz.

Love for all hatred for none.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Kohli faced the same situation as captain against South Africa where they had to chase some 440 plus runs in 2 days and the pitch was offering slow turn and little bounce and pace and the South African batsmen were expertly blocking everything and really testing the patience and nerves of the Indian bowlers and content with operating at a run rate of 0.5 runs per over.

But Kohli to his credit kept men in the circle, kept men around the bat and slips for the spinners and eventually Amla after blocking 250 plus deliveries easily got one which lifted out of no where and edged to slip. Next over Devilliers after expertly blocking 250 plus deliveries lost concentration and got out lbw. Kohli then introduced Yadav and instructed him to bowl full straight and fast without fear and he cleaned up the tail when the proteas were expecting an all out spin assault from the Indians.

Contrast this to Sarfaraz who kept 4-5 fielders on the boundary and very rarely had 4-5 people around the bat, did not dry up the singles.

These Pakistani captains honestly frustrate me to death with their lack of logical and lack of killer instinct. Can the PCB offer captaincy lessons to players?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I didn't watch most of this match, but the way the game panned out over the five days it seems that not enough pressure was applied either batting or bowling. Some of the blame must go to the bowlers for showing lack of intelligence, but you also need attack minded captain to apply pressure on the last day, and this is where Pakistan's captains have consistently been too cautious and failed to apply attacking fields for their bowlers. Once Australia crumbled in their first innings, Pakistan should have really gone on the attack both with bat and ball with a massive lead under their belts.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I cant stand watching him moan and whinge all day any longer. Captains are supposed to stay clam, relaxed and motivate their players not treat them like children and show frustration just because one ball is not in the right area.

Get rid of him PCB.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1452 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    His leadership was poor. His captaincy was poor. His body language was poor. His tactical awareness was poor. His use of the reviews was poor. His batting was poor.

Overall a match to forget for him.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    His leadership was poor. His captaincy was poor. His body language was poor. His tactical awareness was poor. His use of the reviews was poor. His batting was poor.

Question is not IF but WHEN he will be replaced.

Has looked out of depth in Test cricket overall.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    His 1. leadership was poor. His 2. captaincy was poor. His 3. body language was poor. His 4. tactical awareness was poor. His 5. use of the reviews was poor. His 6. batting was poor.

His 7. keeping must have been good then, you didn't mention .

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    647 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

He did win the toss ;) so he will see that as a contribution.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont get all the hype around Sarfraz to be honest.

To me he looks cricket illiterate, no game awareness, I tuned to watch the match while Hafeez opened the bowling in the second innings, after a few boundaries were scored off Hafeez, he decides to put a long on, and the likes of Khawaja and Finch were scoring easy singles.

Field placing were miserable by our so called Captain.

Then some posters on here will whinge about how this is a certain "region" card being played. He is just not good enough, either as batsman, wicketkeeper or Captain.

Whats even more alarming is none of the other senior players advice him on what to do, or give suggestions on field placing.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
    I dont get all the hype around Sarfraz to be honest.

To me he looks cricket illiterate, no game awareness, I tuned to watch the match while Hafeez opened the bowling in the second innings, after a few boundaries were scored off Hafeez, he decides to put a long on, and the likes of Khawaja and Finch were scoring easy singles.

Field placing were miserable by our so called Captain.

Then some posters on here will whinge about how this is a certain "region" card being played. He is just not good enough, either as batsman, wicketkeeper or Captain.

Whats even more alarming is none of the other senior players advice him on what to do, or give suggestions on field placing.
    Why would they give him any advice when he behaves like a dictator on the ground? Everyone has some self esteem.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's this man?
    Here Australia was batting first and they scored 451. Steve Smith, Warner, Hazelwood, cummins were playing. So neither it was a noob Australian team nor the situation was same.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brilliantly summed up. This is why we failed to win the match.

"I score a lot of runs (playing selfishly) and my team loses, what good are those runs? ."
    Inzi

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Lol, is there any match in the recent past that he can remember?

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Losses are making him look worse than he is.....

But PCB should definitely tell him to stop shouting at players, the whole world watches this poor behaviour

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So Sarfraz fans you wanted me to give him credit for the 1st innings of Australia, now things have gone wrong who do we blame because when things go right it's all your messiah.

This is my gripe with Sarfraz fans. Everything other than him is being blamed. Should be sacked asap. I don't care who his replacement is as long as they make the team on merit.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In short YES. Sarfraz definetly needs to be blamed for this defeat. Pakistan dominated most of this test match but still ended up with a draw, im still puzzled by this and can we say that Yasir Shah hasnt been as effective under Sarfraz's captaincy compared to Misbah.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by princeuk View Post
    In short YES. Sarfraz definetly needs to be blamed for this defeat. Pakistan dominated most of this test match but still ended up with a draw, im still puzzled by this and can we say that Yasir Shah hasnt been as effective under Sarfraz's captaincy compared to Misbah.
    Defeat??

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Didn't see the match but to eek out a draw from this position of strength doesn't look good on the resume. His days are numbered.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    The bowlers did their best on a flat slow day 5 pitch. Only Wahabs position needs to be reviewed for the next test as we can't put too much pressure on Abbas in a 2 seamer attack.

Sarfaraz captaincy is the biggest culprit
    Really? I didn't see the match, what did he do wrong?

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM1989 View Post
    Batted too slow, should have declared earlier.
    That's not a great excuse

At the end of the day, 140 overs on the 4th and 5th day should be enough to bowl a side out. Harsh to blame batting and declaration

At this rate 150 or 160 overs may not even be enough

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    What's this man?
    Here Australia was batting first and they scored 451. Steve Smith, Warner, Hazelwood, cummins were playing. So neither it was a noob Australian team nor the situation was same.
    It was 5th day. Australia struggling to save the match. Main protagonists gone. Look who saved the match. So much similar.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Texas, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me the main difference was playing with 3 bowlers. Wahab Riaz was as always useless. Spraying balls on the legs or just going across. We need a second bowler who keeps the pressure or takes 3-4 wickets in the test. I hope they don't bring Rahat. I think Mir should get a chance. We need thinking bowler.

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone on the selection committee or any other cricket lover tell me why is Wahab in the team, Mike hussie was saying after the first over, he is wasting deliveries. What a lousy choice. We was used after every break and made sure batsmen get their eyes set. After Champions Trophy Sarfraz has gone completely defensive instead of being aggressive like in CT. I think Mickey Arthur is running the show and has made sarfraz defensive like Misbah.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoinHaroon View Post
    Someone on the selection committee or any other cricket lover tell me why is Wahab in the team, Mike hussie was saying after the first over, he is wasting deliveries. What a lousy choice. We was used after every break and made sure batsmen get their eyes set. After Champions Trophy Sarfraz has gone completely defensive instead of being aggressive like in CT. I think Mickey Arthur is running the show and has made sarfraz defensive like Misbah.
    Except that everything clicked for Sarfraz in Champions Trophy.

Usually its consistent results that tell about nature of the captain.

Sarfraz is a defensive captain and recative to the ball. If it is going your way as in Champions Trophy,he looks like a world beater and master tactician.

But over the last year, he has been exposed because things going against him.

You can blame Mickey for team selection, but blaming Mickey for SARFRAZ CAPTAINCY is really clutching at straws.

Oh and Misbah was a much much better captain than Sarfraz.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....