Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Govt appoints Air Marshal Arshad Mahmood Malik as PIA chairman

https://www.geo.tv/latest/214423-air...-info-minister

ISLAMABAD: The federal government has appointed Vice Chief of Air Staff Air Marshal Arshad Mahmood Malik as the chairman of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA), Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry announced Thursday.

The information minister made the announcement as he addressed the media after Prime Minister Imran Khan chaired a meeting of the federal cabinet.

"PIA is in a debt of Rs406 billion," Chauhdry further said while adding that the national carrier is facing a debt of Rs2 billion every month. "The new chairman of the national carrier has been directed to "immediately fix the institution's economic condition," he added.

Further, the information minister said, "Aoun Abbas has been appointed as chairman of Baitul Maal."

"Pakistan's condition is like that of a house looted by thieves. Those responsible for the country’s current state should be taken to court," he added.

Commenting on the housing project, he informed the media that houses will be built on government land and will be leased to people on low rates.

"The National Assembly speaker issued Shehbaz Sharif's production orders on opposition's request," he added. "The Parliament will get a chance to question Shehbaz regarding what he has done," Chaudhry further said.

Taking a hit at the previous governments, the information minister said, "We are shocked that the Pakistan Peoples Party has the audacity to tell us what to do."

The information minister also announced that measures are being taken to crackdown against smuggling of mobile phones. "By this year's end, smuggled phones will not be operational in the country," he asserted.

Further, Chaudhry said the cabinet also discussed placing and removing certain names from the Exit Control List (ECL) and said, "There are currently 3,000 names on the list."

The minister said that the government never received any request to remove former premier Nawaz Sharif from the ECL, adding that it would be mulled over once they do get a request.

Vowing that the government will complete whatever project it undertakes, the information minister said, "Details of our 100-day plan can be accessed through our website."

Legislation for whistle-blower protection will also be introduced and the existing laws will be brought in tandem with NAB and FIA laws.

The ordinance will ensure protection of whistle-blowers under law.

Misbah, Wahab, Junaid, Root, Williamson fan.
    T20 isn't Cricket

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Oh boy

Here come the anti establishment comments. Let me guess a few

"Looks like the real government wants a few posts"

"Jin ka mulk ha unhein hi udha milna tha. Hum civilian to nokar lagte hein un ke."

"Puppet Prime Minister catering his masters."

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahdi View Post
    Oh boy

Here come the anti establishment comments. Let me guess a few

"Looks like the real government wants a few posts"

"Jin ka mulk ha unhein hi udha milna tha. Hum civilian to nokar lagte hein un ke."

"Puppet Prime Minister catering his masters."
    Perhaps you can post your analysis.

Misbah, Wahab, Junaid, Root, Williamson fan.
    T20 isn't Cricket

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSchultz View Post
    If he succeeds in cutting losses and making PIA more efficient then it’s a good appointment , if he doesn’t then it’s a crap appointment.

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He has just been appointed. We'll see in a year or two how he does.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.geo.tv/latest/214423-air...-info-minister

ISLAMABAD: The federal government has appointed Vice Chief of Air Staff Air Marshal Arshad Mahmood Malik as the chairman of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA), Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry announced Thursday.

The information minister made the announcement as he addressed the media after Prime Minister Imran Khan chaired a meeting of the federal cabinet.

"PIA is in a debt of Rs406 billion," Chauhdry further said while adding that the national carrier is facing a debt of Rs2 billion every month. "The new chairman of the national carrier has been directed to "immediately fix the institution's economic condition," he added.

Further, the information minister said, "Aoun Abbas has been appointed as chairman of Baitul Maal."

"Pakistan's condition is like that of a house looted by thieves. Those responsible for the country’s current state should be taken to court," he added.

Commenting on the housing project, he informed the media that houses will be built on government land and will be leased to people on low rates.

"The National Assembly speaker issued Shehbaz Sharif's production orders on opposition's request," he added. "The Parliament will get a chance to question Shehbaz regarding what he has done," Chaudhry further said.

Taking a hit at the previous governments, the information minister said, "We are shocked that the Pakistan Peoples Party has the audacity to tell us what to do."

The information minister also announced that measures are being taken to crackdown against smuggling of mobile phones. "By this year's end, smuggled phones will not be operational in the country," he asserted.

Further, Chaudhry said the cabinet also discussed placing and removing certain names from the Exit Control List (ECL) and said, "There are currently 3,000 names on the list."

The minister said that the government never received any request to remove former premier Nawaz Sharif from the ECL, adding that it would be mulled over once they do get a request.

Vowing that the government will complete whatever project it undertakes, the information minister said, "Details of our 100-day plan can be accessed through our website."

Legislation for whistle-blower protection will also be introduced and the existing laws will be brought in tandem with NAB and FIA laws.

The ordinance will ensure protection of whistle-blowers under law.
    “We are shocked that the Pakistan Peoples Party has the audacity to tell us what to do”.
    The irony is killing me.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1621 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    “We are shocked that the Pakistan Peoples Party has the audacity to tell us what to do”.
    The irony is killing me.
    The irony might be killing you but the kids in Thar are dieing at an even more rapid pace. Can you please tell what the enunch Biloo Rani has done about that situation other than speaking in fake British accent that has all the liberals wetting themselves.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Seattle, WA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PIA has had serving PAF officers as it's MD in the past even in previous PPP / IJI governments. ACM Farooq F Khan & ACM Farooq Umar.

Air Marshall Nur Khan is considered to be the best MD PIA has had in the past.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    The irony might be killing you but the kids in Thar are dieing at an even more rapid pace. Can you please tell what the enunch Biloo Rani has done about that situation other than speaking in fake British accent that has all the liberals wetting themselves.
    PPP, Bilawal included, are incompetent. But guess who was in PPP when they were in charge of the federal government? Fawad chaudhry, fehmida mirza, Shah Mehmood quraishi etc etc. Thari children didn’t have water back then, they don’t have now. Yes, ppp has developed facilities for thari children but they are not hardly enough and that’s why I say they are incompetent. Your deflection techniques are getting really old. Might as well give up on them. You see unlike you, I don’t defend or criticise other parties and individuals based on my party affiliations.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    PPP, Bilawal included, are incompetent. But guess who was in PPP when they were in charge of the federal government? Fawad chaudhry, fehmida mirza, Shah Mehmood quraishi etc etc. Thari children didn’t have water back then, they don’t have now. Yes, ppp has developed facilities for thari children but they are not hardly enough and that’s why I say they are incompetent. Your deflection techniques are getting really old. Might as well give up on them. You see unlike you, I don’t defend or criticise other parties and individuals based on my party affiliations.
    The PPP is not just incompetent, its dangerously corrupt. Its turned Sindh into mafia state run for the benefit of a cabal of crooks. Why doesnt Billo take charge and use that English education for the benefit of the poor millions that have put so much faith in his family.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    The PPP is not just incompetent, its dangerously corrupt. Its turned Sindh into mafia state run for the benefit of a cabal of crooks. Why doesnt Billo take charge and use that English education for the benefit of the poor millions that have put so much faith in his family.
    I can tell you a few things such as

Or this

Or this

But you wouldn’t believe me.
    As far as them being corrupt is concerned, I can assure you sir that all the political parties in Pakistan, including PPP, are dangerously corrupt. They all have rubber stamp elections and no real democracy. That doesn’t mean you get to promote all the good things about the party you are affiliated with and highlight all the bad about the rest. There is a reason why our security conditions, our economy and our values are rotten to their cores. All the political parties are responsible for their mess.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I can tell you a few things such as

Or this

Or this

But you wouldn’t believe me.
    As far as them being corrupt is concerned, I can assure you sir that all the political parties in Pakistan, including PPP, are dangerously corrupt. They all have rubber stamp elections and no real democracy. That doesn’t mean you get to promote all the good things about the party you are affiliated with and highlight all the bad about the rest. There is a reason why our security conditions, our economy and our values are rotten to their cores. All the political parties are responsible for their mess.
    No i dont, the PPP are a business setup by the Waderas to steal off the poor. If you believe anything different than i feel sorry for you.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No i dont, the PPP are a business setup by the Waderas to steal off the poor. If you believe anything different than i feel sorry for you.
    Oh I have no doubts about them being setup by the waderas. So is every other party. Who is Shah Mehmood Quraishi? Who is Firdaws Ashiq Awan? Who is Fawad Chaudhry? Who is Bilawal? Who is Nawaz Sharif? Who is Zardari? Who is JKT? They are all jageerdaars and waderas. They take their honest competitors out with money and influence. If you choose to believe that PTI is any different, then it’s me who pity every single one of you. PTI was hijacked by these players the moment it became popular. So I am choosing to believe in the idea that PPP is developing these small projects in Sindh to save their faces for their next elections and to show something to its voters to vote for. You can choose to believe that PPP is corrupt through and through and I would neither blame you nor necessarily disagree with you.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Oh I have no doubts about them being setup by the waderas. So is every other party. Who is Shah Mehmood Quraishi? Who is Firdaws Ashiq Awan? Who is Fawad Chaudhry? Who is Bilawal? Who is Nawaz Sharif? Who is Zardari? Who is JKT? They are all jageerdaars and waderas. They take their honest competitors out with money and influence. If you choose to believe that PTI is any different, then it’s me who pity every single one of you. PTI was hijacked by these players the moment it became popular. So I am choosing to believe in the idea that PPP is developing these small projects in Sindh to save their faces for their next elections and to show something to its voters to vote for. You can choose to believe that PPP is corrupt through and through and I would neither blame you nor necessarily disagree with you.
    The PTI has waderas but its not a business for the crooks to steal and launder money. If they do i will be with you, but no one can honestly say that the PPP is not a mafia to bleed the poor.
    You can believe whatever you like, but 10 years of govt in Sindh and just theft.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The PTI has waderas but its not a business for the crooks to steal and launder money. If they do i will be with you, but no one can honestly say that the PPP is not a mafia to bleed the poor.
    You can believe whatever you like, but 10 years of govt in Sindh and just theft.
    Guess you conveniently ignored all of my points. Some of thugs that took advantage of PPP’s position in power are now doing the same thing in PTI. I’ve given the example of JKT in a different thread to show that there are politicians in PTI who are committing crimes, such as tax evasion. While JKT was declared a crook by the SC, the chances are that there may more thugs in PTI who are now enjoying the power and will use the platform of PTI as a tissue paper. As soon as PTI goes down they’ll all run from it like the rats that they are. Besides, as I said, they are all corrupt political parties and believing that PTI is any different will only result in heartbreak. Trust me, I’ve been through that stage.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Guess you conveniently ignored all of my points. Some of thugs that took advantage of PPP’s position in power are now doing the same thing in PTI. I’ve given the example of JKT in a different thread to show that there are politicians in PTI who are committing crimes, such as tax evasion. While JKT was declared a crook by the SC, the chances are that there may more thugs in PTI who are now enjoying the power and will use the platform of PTI as a tissue paper. As soon as PTI goes down they’ll all run from it like the rats that they are. Besides, as I said, they are all corrupt political parties and believing that PTI is any different will only result in heartbreak. Trust me, I’ve been through that stage.
    I ignored your points because they are ifs, with the PPP we have 10 years of evidence. If the ifs become evidence then you will have a point but you cant bring yourself to comment on the PPP and the mafia in Sindh. That is no speculation that is fact.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just give him some time to perform before calling for his blood. Angels are not gonna ascend from heaven to lead Pak institutions. I hate this pessimistic attitude of Pakistanis always attacking every appointed person in to PTI v PML-N v PPP issues.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why can't they just get rid of PIA.... we will be in 2035 and government of Pakistan will be appointing a chairman to 'fix' PIA. Something so dysfunctional cannot be fixed even in 2 decades...