User Tag List

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is Babar Azam's role in the Test team?

We are all looking at wahab or Bilal or Azhar Ali but the real person to look at is Babar. He is getting a free running in the team just because he is a decent odi player. I don't care how good his technique looks in odi but in test he is not there right now. He needs to either focus on loi or just come back into the test team later. The national team should not be an experimentation for the future, those who are ready to play right now should get the nod. We already see Babar failing in every single game where there is pressure and I think that's bc he is not strong mentally.and test is all about the mentality no a player bc everyone who gets to the national level has some level of skill. Mickey Arthur is a useless coach for not reading this and also making us lose in the use to Sri Lanka and now Australia. This match was a big loss. On Cricinfo even it said Australia are the expected to lose or rollover. Even ex Australian players were crying that this is the weakest team they have seen but they managed to draw. Shame on Pakistan's planning and sticking to players like Babar who don't deserve to play test right now

Debut
    May 2005
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is 22 one for the future. Its this lack of planning that has resulted in us having to resort to going back to hafeez, playing a 33yr old debutant, going back to Ahmed Shehzad and Umar Akmal. Obviously no one should get a endless free ride but he wasn’t terrible in this match the catch was good as well.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the 38 year old is giving you more runs than the 22 year old so what is the use in losing games with that look to the future. If we don't play Babar and instead play someone who is doing well in domestic now, and in 3 years time Babar starts performing on domestics how does that hurt Pakistan?

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahmed shahzad has better stats than Babar Azam and that too while opening, umar akmal still had better stats that Babar Azam and he only played one game at home. I don't get your point. I would take shahzad over Babar on tests right now.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mastersaan10 View Post
    Ahmed shahzad has better stats than Babar Azam and that too while opening, umar akmal still had better stats that Babar Azam and he only played one game at home. I don't get your point. I would take shahzad over Babar on tests right now.
    Well he's currently serving a drugs ban and all, so there's that.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    To be the second best batsman after Haris.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    To be the second best batsman after Haris.
    His average must be lying then

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    His average must be lying then
    Patience bro.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His role is to score runs, which he clearly hasn't done

I'm sure the clock is ticking on him.. him and Azhar

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    india
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His job is to prove that blue eyed boy of pakistan cant fail.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To score at decent strike rate.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    To replicate his odi form in tests.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar should be played no doubt. I don't understand why we're hiding him at 6! What's the point really? Give him a ride at #3 or #4! We can as well play Shadab or Faheem at 6.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So people complain when other batsman fail across formats but Babar azam apparently failing as a batsman in test is completely beyond them. How can you hate shehzad, he has done more than Babar and not that much older yet he can't get in the team.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Indian occupied kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mastersaan10 View Post
    We are all looking at wahab or Bilal or Azhar Ali but the real person to look at is Babar. He is getting a free running in the team just because he is a decent odi player. I don't care how good his technique looks in odi but in test he is not there right now. He needs to either focus on loi or just come back into the test team later. The national team should not be an experimentation for the future, those who are ready to play right now should get the nod. We already see Babar failing in every single game where there is pressure and I think that's bc he is not strong mentally.and test is all about the mentality no a player bc everyone who gets to the national level has some level of skill. Mickey Arthur is a useless coach for not reading this and also making us lose in the use to Sri Lanka and now Australia. This match was a big loss. On Cricinfo even it said Australia are the expected to lose or rollover. Even ex Australian players were crying that this is the weakest team they have seen but they managed to draw. Shame on Pakistan's planning and sticking to players like Babar who don't deserve to play test right now
    tbh he has somewhat regained his form in test cricket
    in 2 tests vs ireland and england he had 2 50s and was looking all set to score another 50 if we hadn't declared the innings against australia
    babar azam is the least of concerns ryt now

Meri Awaaz suno....
    Mujhe Azaad karo....

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He isn't doing too bad, better than his initial in tests. Could have gotten more in the first innings if it wasn't for the runout, and batted pretty well in the second innings. If anyone, it's Azhar's form we need to worry about right now.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is young. I am not worried about his form, right now.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    865 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Pakistan should have different teams for different formats. Babaar has got too many opportunities , where as players performing in first class are completely ignore. Its clear cut injustice.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Didn't he take a good catch in last test?

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the moment, his role is to establish himself in test cricket. Once he does it, then we can talk about further responsibilities.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He will come good . At the moment there are bigger issues which need to be addressed.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To score as many runs as possible.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.