User Tag List

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can Ishant Sharma end up with 400 Test wickets?

After a time period of 6-7 years, finally we see a tall, lanky paceman doing justice to his ability since 2014.
    Can he finish a test career with 400+ magic number with a bowling average around 31-32?

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where does his wicket tally stands now?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    253wickets@34 in 86 matches

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It seems like he is at his peak right now. He needs to take advantage of this. He did look a far better bowler in England recently. He needs to maintain fitness. He is only 30 and has a good 4 years left in him.

He currently has 256 wickets so 400 is a possibility. He will need to improve his bowling average of 35 though.

If he ends up with 400 wickets with an average of 30-32, I think that would class as a very good career considering he has bowled a lot on Indian roads.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's hope he does because he's a lion hearted player who gives in his all and rarely complains. It's hard to not wish well to such people in cricket and in life.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He will, In Sha Allah.

His attitude is better than most 'stars' around. I know PPers laugh at him, I used to laugh at him as well. But the fact remains: whenever India win overseas, Ishant plays a key role and as said above he gives his all without complaining.

Wish him best of luck. One day, he might broke Dev's record. Let's see!

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    It seems like he is at his peak right now. He needs to take advantage of this. He did look a far better bowler in England recently. He needs to maintain fitness. He is only 30 and has a good 4 years left in him.

He currently has 256 wickets so 400 is a possibility. He will need to improve his bowling average of 35 though.

If he ends up with 400 wickets with an average of 30-32, I think that would class as a very good career considering he has bowled a lot on Indian roads.
    Under Kohli's captaincy, Ishant's bowling looks a lot more effective, Kohli has given him full liberty to be rude, mean and aggressive with the batsmen.

Also him not playing ODI's and T-20's for India appears to have helped his bowling in test matches and India has handled his workload very well.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't think he will end up with 400 as India have some young fast bowlers coming through.

But 1 point I want to make is that since Kohli has been made captain, Ishant seems to have improved and bowling with much more aggression compared to when Dhoni was captain. PP experts tell us Ishant is a rubbish bowler and that Kohli is a rubbish captain. Yet rubbish captain is getting the best out of a rubbish bowler.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 13th October 2018 at 04:27.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If he doesn't break down, he can go 400 which is no mean feat. India plays about 8 to 10 tests a year and if he picks 3 to 4 wickets a game on an average which is not easy, he will finish adding 120 to 160 wickets to his current tally of 250 in the next 4 years. Great bowlers in history average 4 wickets a test and this means Ishanth would have fulfilled his promise in the 2nd half of his career.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going by his overall average wickets per game and even his recent performances, he takes 3 wickets per match. To take 400 wickets, he needs further 140 wickets which will require him to play 45-50 more tests. If he can keep himself fit for next 4-5 years, he may get there.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not a chance in hell. India play 40 tests till end of 2022 (18 H, 22A) At best he'll play around 90% of overseas tests and 60% of home tests as his pace dips and reverse becomes less effective.

That's another 25 odd tests in which he will likely pick up 80-90 wkts max.

Most likely to end up around 110 M 330 wkts mark with 32-33 avg

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell no, I don't think he will even reach 350. He will retire with around 325 wickets. He is growing old and he can get injured any time now. He has also been playing regularly for 11 years.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Unlikely. Out of the young pacers- Siraj, Saini, Rajpoot, Khaleel, Avdesh, Mavi, Naggerkotti - three of them will replace Shami, Umesh and Ishant in another 15-18 months. 300 Test wickets is a more realistic target for him.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    Unlikely. Out of the young pacers- Siraj, Saini, Rajpoot, Khaleel, Avdesh, Mavi, Naggerkotti - three of them will replace Shami, Umesh and Ishant in another 15-18 months. 300 Test wickets is a more realistic target for him.
    Why should Ishant, Shami and Umesh be replaced in 18 months if they are still performing?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not possible? He is hardly 30 now and can play for 5-6 more years if remains fit?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    india
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This shows that raw talent comes good if persisted with. Both sharmas are good example, they didnt deserve so many opportunities during their initial 6-7 years. But TM backed them on talent.

There are some exceptions also :
    If someone is hellbent on destroying himself like kambli, sreesanth.
    Or if somebody loses his talent completely like Irfan pathan.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont give Kohli unnecessary credit. Ishant started bowling a bit fuller and that is the reason for his renaissance. It is a coincidence that, it came during Kohli tenure.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Ishant Span Mat Wkts Ave Econ SR 5W 10W
    Overall 2007-2018 87 256 34.73 3.21 64.7 8 1
    filtered 2014-2018 34 107 29.05 3.01 57.8 5 0

My guess that he would get around 325 wickets with 35 average by the end of his career.

Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He has fitness in his favor. Not playing ODIs would keep his mind uncluttered WRT experimenting with variations etc. And his action has over the years become smoother, economical and refined. This last aspect is important as bowlers age.

If Ishant plays for another 5-6 years, and it's not inconceivable at all form permitting, then he would play another 50 odd tests. Enough tests for him to pick up another 150 odd wickets. Most important for him would be to finish with an average of 29-30.

400+ wickets at an average of 29-30 would mean next only to Kapil. An honorable, honest career.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Want to go for kill as I don't know if I will be around for next Australia tour: Ishant Sharma

It’s a case of now or never for India‘s senior most pacer Ishant Sharma, who wants to “go for the kill” in what could well be his fourth and final tour of Australia.

The most capped Test player (87 games) in the current team, Ishant had been a part of Indian sides during tours of 2007-08, 2011-2012 and 2014-2015.

“I always go for the kill because when you play for your country, you can’t think of a second chance. I am 30 right now. I don’t know if I will be there for the next tour (of Australia in 2022-23) as I will be 34 by then. I will give my level best on this tour,” Ishant said during an interaction after playing his first competitive game in two months since the tour of England.

Ishant, who got 18 wickets in five Tests in England, bowled far better than the figure suggests. The 30-year-old feels that he has matured as a bowler and it’s the mental state that at times dictates on-field performances.

“I am matured right now and I know my field settings and bowl according to situations. As you grow old, there is lot of wear and tear in your body. It’s all about the mental state. If you are fit and in good mind space, you can say you are bowling well,” said Ishant, who has 256 wickets from 87 Tests.

As someone, who has played more Tests than skipper Kohli (73), Ishant’s aim is to mentor the next line of pacers in a manner that they can also share their expertise with others in a few years time.

“I share my experience, I mean whatever experience I have. I can set the field and tell them which lengths to bowl on particular tracks. Once the younger lot becomes senior, they should also then guide the juniors.

Ishant feels that a senior shouldn’t walk with a chip on his shoulders.

“They should joke around with their juniors. I am not that kind of senior who says negative things to juniors like ‘why have you done that’ etc. I am a senior who should set different benchmark for my juniors,” he said.

The hero of India’s 2013 Champions Trophy victory in England, Ishant doesn’t hide the fact that it “hurts” to be out of limited overs set-up having played 80 ODIs.

“It does rankle that I don’t play ODIs. Yes, I feel bad about it. I want to play all three formats for the country. But there are a few things which you can’t control and I don’t want to think about too many negative things,” he replied to a query from PTI.

Over thinking can also affect his performance in the format which is his forte.

“If I start thinking why I am not playing ODIs, then that can affect my Test performance also. My aim is to concentrate on the format that I am playing.”

Ishant did admit that Australia not having Steve Smith and David Warner will be an advantage.

“You can say that (advantage India). Statistics reveal that in recent years, 60 percent of their runs have been scored by Smith and Warner,” he said.

But he was cautious and respectful about the opposition who will be playing in its own den.

“But whoever plays for Australia must have some quality and have been a performer at their first-class level. So you can’t take them lightly. Australia in general is a tough side, the crowd can make it even tougher. But it can also make you a tough player and I never had any issues with that,” said Ishant.

Always considered as a workhorse, Ishant doesn’t mind bowling long spells even in hot and humid Australian conditions.

“I don’t like to think about how many overs spell I am bowling and in what conditions. If I am bowling well and if the team needs me to bowl at a particular time, I will bowl. If you think so much as a fast bowler, then I think you shouldn’t be playing cricket.”

When asked if India are ready to shed their “poor travellers” tag, he wasn’t amused one bit.

“We are not concerned about tags because as a team we know we gave our 100 percent. We shouldn’t really care what others are talking about. Because in the field, we are the ones who are going through hard times. You only have support of whole bunch of players. So we don’t really care what people talk about us.

“No one is hurt more than us when we don’t win matches because we are the ones playing on the field,” said Ishant referring to the recent 1-4 defeat against England.

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...-sharma-765913

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    30 wickets@21 in 8 tests this year. Has had a decent turnaround in his career just when he could have faded away. Hope he can continue his very good form. Only thing missing so far has been match winning spells, the 6-7 fers. Can he do that in Australia?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    30 wickets@21 in 8 tests this year. Has had a decent turnaround in his career just when he could have faded away. Hope he can continue his very good form. Only thing missing so far has been match winning spells, the 6-7 fers. Can he do that in Australia?
    He did though. He got a 5fer in the Edgbaston test and set the game up for India. Too bad the batsmen couldn't grab that opportunity and chase down a sub-200 target.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The most capped Test player (87 games) in the current team, Ishant had been a part of Indian sides during tours of 2007-08, 2011-2012 and 2014-2015."

If Ishant actually does manage to play for another 5 years and tour Australia again in 2022, he will become only the 2nd Indian after Sachin to tour Australia 5 times.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Ishant, the most natural fast bowler India ever had?. In test cricket, he is great to watch when in good rhythm. Smooth run up, easy action and good release. I have always liked his attitude and natural ability. He has always been a breath of fresh air from likes of Vinay Kumar, Dinda etc. He bowled really well in recent test series vs England.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He can its a possibility.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ishant has improved a lot since he quit LOI cricket. His length is not good enough in that format.

In Tests, he has become quality and probably the 2nd best bowler after Bumrah. The only problem for Ishant will be that he has to compete with other good pacers in the team in overseas conditions.

When India plays Tests at home, he will be lucky to get 1 or 2 wickets. All the wickets will be gulped down by Ashwin/Jaddu/Kuldeep.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ishant has been a very much imprived bowler indeed.Contrary to the believes of most of us he improved a lot as a pacer, thanks to the Indian cricket board, for having faith on him.

In last 4 years he took 69 wickets in 26 tests @27 average. It is marvellous achievement for a bowler who took 87 wickets in 30 tests @35 in his first 4 years of career.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever his short falls, he is a very likable cricketer. He is also better than his numbers suggest. 3-5 years left in the tank, realistically, so he may edge close to 400. A good bowler - great on his day.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India play a lot of tests - so he could have 40+ tests in the next 3 years.

If he stays healthy, that may be enough to get 150 wickets

probably still unlikely overall, but definitely possible

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Don't think he will end up with 400 as India have some young fast bowlers coming through.

But 1 point I want to make is that since Kohli has been made captain, Ishant seems to have improved and bowling with much more aggression compared to when Dhoni was captain. PP experts tell us Ishant is a rubbish bowler and that Kohli is a rubbish captain. Yet rubbish captain is getting the best out of a rubbish bowler.
    Top post this hil the nail on the head.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not entirely true. Ishant's transformation began with the NZ tour in early 2014. And more recently it's his county stint under the eyes of Jason Gillespie which has really brought about a positive change in his bowling - in that Ishant is now bowling much fuller.

Bhuvi, Shami, Umesh they all debuted under Dhoni. And they all performed under him but in patches. Under Kohli's leadership they are all firing together. And Bumrah is a massive boost to this pace lineup.

But yes, it goes without saying that Kohli likes to attack with pace a lot more than Dhoni used to. But it also helps to do so when you have 5 pacers who are all performing together.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    Not entirely true. Ishant's transformation began with the NZ tour in early 2014. And more recently it's his county stint under the eyes of Jason Gillespie which has really brought about a positive change in his bowling - in that Ishant is now bowling much fuller.

Bhuvi, Shami, Umesh they all debuted under Dhoni. And they all performed under him but in patches. Under Kohli's leadership they are all firing together. And Bumrah is a massive boost to this pace lineup.

But yes, it goes without saying that Kohli likes to attack with pace a lot more than Dhoni used to. But it also helps to do so when you have 5 pacers who are all performing together.
    Kohli has gotten more out of the fast bowlers than Dhoni did it's a fact. PP experts want us to believe Kohli is some rubbish captain .He is far from perfect but if you take team selection out of his hand , anyday I'll take him as skipper.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli has gotten more out of the fast bowlers than Dhoni did it's a fact. PP experts want us to believe Kohli is some rubbish captain .He is far from perfect but if you take team selection out of his hand , anyday I'll take him as skipper.
    Yes I agree with you definitely that Kohli is a much better captain than people give him credit for. Yes, he has areas of weakness but overall he is an inspiring leadero of men.

But I don't know if we can say that "Kohli has gotten more out of his fast bowlers" because it's not like the tactics have changed.

Even Dhoni used to play with 4 seamers and 1 spinner on SENA tours. Only difference was instead of Bumrah and Hardik, he had the services of Varun Aaron and Stuart Binny.

Even today, Kohli plays with 2 seamers at home like Dhoni did.

So it's not like the strategy behind handling pacers have changed. The difference is that Dhoni had to make do with the Binnys, Praveen Kumars and Sreesanths. And in the last couple of years, he got players like Shami and Umesh. But at the same time, Umesh and Ishant of 2012/13 are not the same bowlers they are today. If the individual himself is not good enough to deliver, then there's not a lot that a captain can do.

It's the exact opposite case with batting. Under Dhoni, batsmen like Rahane & Vijay were performing. Today under Kohli they are not. But we can't blame Kohli for that and say that "Dhoni got the best out of his batsmen". At the end of the day, it's up to each individual to put up good performances.
    Last edited by the_outsider; 17th November 2018 at 13:41.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    With the New Zealand Test series a month away, Ishant Sharma, India’s most experienced fast bowler, sprained his ankle and hobbled off during Delhi’s Ranji encounter against Vidarbha. The incident happened when Ishant frantically appealed for an lbw against Vidarbha opener and captain Faiz Fazal after pinging him on the pads.

When back-pedaling while appealing, he slipped and twisted the right ankle. He plunged to the ground and had difficulty in getting up, before the Delhi physio and support staff lifted him back to his feet before taking him off.

While only an MRI scan slated late in the evening would confirm whether there’s a fracture or not, a Delhi support staff said the injury looked bad to the naked eye.

“There was a huge swelling on his ankle and he could not place his foot on the floor. But we need to get the scan result to verify the extent of the injury, the course of the tournament and how long it would take to heal. If it’s a minor rupture, it would take just a couple of weeks. A fracture or a tear will take longer to heal. We are keeping our fingers crossed,” he said.

That Ishant had sustained a grade one hamstring tear in the second Test against Bangladesh in Kolkata, where he was also the man of the match, wouldn’t augur well for him in terms of reaching optimal fitness for the Tests against New Zealand. Whatever the result be, the team wouldn’t risk him for the remaining match, which means he’s effectively out of the Vidarbha game.

“There is no question of him bowling in the match, even if the doctor clears him. That would be a big risk,” he added. Anyway, this was the last Ranji Trophy match he was slated to play this year, as India is flying to New Zealand, where Ishant is expected to play a big role in the two-Test series.

It’s not the first time, he has got himself injured during a Ranji match. In the 2015 season, he pulled his hamstring while bowling against Haryana at Kotla.

But the injury means that even if it’s not severe, he will have to go the National Cricket Academy (NCA), do the rehab and prove his fitness. It’s a process wherein the physios in NCA would test whether the injury has healed. In Ishant’s case, they will verify that his ankle, which’s the landing foot when bowling, can take the weight of his body.

However, if the injury is severe or if it’s a fracture, he might end up missing the two-Test series in New Zealand, which would be a severe blow for the team.

Especially, as Jasprit Bumrah too is returning from an injury-a stress fracture on the back-and hasn’t played a Test in six months. But to Ishant’s relief, it was not the operated left-knee that he hurt. The Delhi seamer had his left-ankle operated in 2012, due to which he missed the IPL and spent considerable time out of the team. In an interview to this paper a few months ago, he had termed this period as the dark phase of his career. “Nobody asked me where I was (when out of the team). In a way, it’s good that it (injury) happened to me. I realised who my good friends were and who were really concerned anout be,” he had said.

It’s not the first time, he has got himself injured during a Ranji match. In the 2015 season, he pulled his hamstring while bowling against Haryana at Kotla.

Subsequently, he missed the ODI-leg of the series and was out of cricket for nearly six months. If his injury is severe enough for him to be ruled out of the New Zealand series, the Indian cricket board would be even more skeptical about their premier bowlers featuring in domestic cricket before important tours. In the present context, they were allowed to play but with an unwritten emphasis on not exhausting them, In Ishant’s case, he was permitted to play only Delhi’s home games.

“Indian team management doesn’t tell me how many overs to bowl. I know my body well enough. They do tell us which matches to play in. Once you play a game – and this is no club game – you bowl till you get the opposition out,” he had said after Delhi’s previous home game against Hyderabad.

https://indianexpress.com/article/sp...-away-6227104/

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Would be sorely missed if he doesn't recover in time. Really enjoy his bowling these days. To left handers in particular.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's India's workhorse, a vital cog in their pace-attack and one of the best in the world atm.

Hope he recovers in time for the NZ tests.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    Wherever I live it's my land.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBeamer View Post
    He's India's workhorse, a vital cog in their pace-attack and one of the best in the world atm.

Hope he recovers in time for the NZ tests.
    Injury is serious,sorry to say he is out of the series.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is such a big big miss. Ishant is one guy who would bowl non stop taking the load off of other bowlers. Without him it is going to be a challenge for India.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    This is such a big big miss. Ishant is one guy who would bowl non stop taking the load off of other bowlers. Without him it is going to be a challenge for India.
    it's ok. we got saini to come In now. let's give saini a chance. or maybe yadav.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyron_woodley View Post
    it's ok. we got saini to come In now. let's give saini a chance. or maybe yadav.
    Saini is still untested goods at international level. He might turn out to be a gem or a bust; but that's something India can't afford to find out on such a important overseas tour.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bharat Arun made Ishant into a pretty good, reliable bowler at test level. Who would have though he will ever be able to ball with such consistency.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saini is still untested goods at international level. He might turn out to be a gem or a bust; but that's something India can't afford to find out on such a important overseas tour.
    I am going to miss him.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ishant will be a big miss and I personally would love to see him succeed in favorable conditions. But the team is still in good hands with Umesh exhibiting strong form. India's bench strength India has been quite strong for a while now.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Important from a test rankings and bragging rights point of view, not part of the WTC though.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyron_woodley View Post
    Saini is not even close to his level. I think it will be Umesh Yadav taking his spot.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    Wherever I live it's my land.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saini is not even close to his level. I think it will be Umesh Yadav taking his spot.
    Umesh is not good with Kookaburra ball,we saw what happened last year against Australia he was going 4 runs per over,He is great with SG ball i.e home conditions.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by praveen View Post
    Important from a test rankings and bragging rights point of view, not part of the WTC though.
    It is part of the WTC.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I am going to miss ishant. But give saini a chance I reckon. he has the skills.