Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 38 of 38
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    93,405
    Mentioned
    1702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    Repercussions of the #MeToo movement being felt in India

    https://www.hindustantimes.com/bolly...KXdckY9mO.html

    T-Series chairman Bhushan Kumar has issued a statement denying allegations of trading roles for sexual favours on Friday. Earlier in the day, an unnamed woman had claimed on Twitter that Kumar had called her to a bungalow for a three film deal and threatened to destroy her career if she refused. “I was new and I was scared, very scared!! The next day i got to know that i was dropped from the film bcoz i had refused to sleep with the ‘boss’,” says the anonymous account.

    As part of India’s #MeToo movement, a number of Bollywood celebs have been named by women as sexual predators. T-Series also dropped Subhash Kapoor as the director of its upcoming film, Mogul, earlier this week after an old molestation allegation levelled by actor Girtika Tyagi resurfaced.

    Kumar denied the allegation in a statement issued to PTI, which reads, “I am appalled and anguished to know that my name has been dragged in this metoo by some anonymous person(s). The allegations against me are bad on the face of it. I have enjoyed an impeccable reputation and have always maintained professionalism. The tweet has been used as a tool to defame me and malign my reputation. I have taken this allegation very seriously and lodging a complaint with the cyber cell of the Mumbai Police to track the mysterious people(s) whose twitter handles have disappeared within seconds of uploading the malicious tweet. I’ll take all such actions as I will be legally advised.”

    Aamir Khan recently left Mogul, a T-Series’ production which is based on the life of Kumar’s father, Gulshan Kumar. Khan’s decision to walk away from the film came in the wake of an earlier allegation of sexual harassment against Kapoor. As #MeToo gained momentum, Kapoor was dropped as the director by Kumar as well.

    Many big names in the Hindi film industry such as Vikas Bahl, Subhash Ghai, Nana Patekar, Alok Nath and Sajid Khan stand accused of harassment in what is being seen as India’s #MeToo movement.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    93,405
    Mentioned
    1702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    About time this was addressed in our part of the world and India can set the pace on this one.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  3. #3
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,561
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    About time this was addressed in our part of the world and India can set the pace on this one.
    Definitely. India is the standard bearer as the subcontinent's longest functioning democracy and most enthusiastic and committed film industry. Bollywood wants to aspire to the heights of the US film industry, and we need to see them taking abuse of female actors just as seriously.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  4. #4
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    675
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The two most powerful industries of India :- bollywood and news media are shaken up by this movement.
    I am all for this movement - so many wolves are being identified. I am shocked by naming of Aloknath, Kailash Kher, Sajid Khan etc.
    I hope there is a major cleansing of the system and law/order becomes more strict and more powerfully enforced.
    All that being said ,no innocents should be blamed.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,133
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nothing will happen. We just like to copy US but do not have guts to take actions like them.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    675
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Nothing will happen. We just like to copy US but do not have guts to take actions like them.
    Already happening. Films have stopped, directors have stepped down. That is already a punishment.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    12,901
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    Already happening. Films have stopped, directors have stepped down. That is already a punishment.
    Also can't see MJ Akbar lasting much longer - the allegations against him are piling up each day.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    12,901
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is a verified account so hope mods don't remove it but could Amitabh be next?






    Last edited by Gabbar Singh; 13th October 2018 at 18:21.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,274
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Innocent until proven guilty.

    In this age of social media these keyboard moralists seems to be the jury and executioner at the same time.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    675
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirris View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty.

    In this age of social media these keyboard moralists seems to be the jury and executioner at the same time.
    That is true. But seems unavoidable.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    675
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why men haven't come out with allegations against women? Can't believe that hasn't happened.
    Maybe men want that to continue.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    13,435
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    Why men haven't come out with allegations against women? Can't believe that hasn't happened.
    Maybe men want that to continue.
    Can you imagine a self respecting Indian man telling the world that a famous Indian woman forced him to 'please her'?


    “In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule”

  13. #13
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    12,643
    Mentioned
    674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is a very good campaign imo. Loads of people who have abused their power and status are going to pay for it hopefully.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Los Angeles
    Runs
    535
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Can you imagine a self respecting Indian man telling the world that a famous Indian woman forced him to 'please her'?
    It’s obvious. It’s becuase men love to be forced, it’s a free gift for them. Hence why there’s such scarce allgeation cases of such.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    93,405
    Mentioned
    1702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) CEO Rahul Johri has been accused of sexual assault by a female author in the latest case of the #MeToo movement in cricket.

    Johri, who was the Executive Vice-President and General Manager (South Asia) for Discovery Network Asia Pacific, before joining as BCCI CEO in 2016 was accused of taking advantage of the survivor by offering a job opportunity.

    Johri has been named in a Twitter post by author Harnidh Kaur, who shared screenshots of a detailed account of the survivor on her Twitter handle @PedestrianPoet. Johri was not immediately available for comment.

    The survivor levelled allegations against Johri saying he had taken her to his place where he said "the final part" of an interview would take place.

    "Rahul Johri: Currently the CEO of BCCI - Ex Discovery Channel. Rahul was an ex-colleague. Through the times of partying at Raj's house, then building a successful media business, and then wading through other channels -- Rahul kept in touch with me," read the screenshot on survivor's handle.

    During a discussion on possible job, he suddenly got up and asked survivor to accompany him to his home. She knew his wife, having socially met and invited the couple to her home earlier for dinner. When they reached his house, he took out the key to unlock the door to which survivor said why he did not inform her that his wife was not home, only to be told what was there to inform.

    In the house, after she asked for water, he came to her with his pants down and assaulted her. "Till date I have borne the burden of this sordid incident, blaming myself for this -- I have wondered if I had showed I was needy, I don't think so -- but it's all hazy and confused in my head.

    "For years, I have told myself -- that was so cheap of me -- but the truth is, it was so sudden and so manipulated that I had no chance at even knowing what the hell this was," the survivor further wrote.

    The Committee of Administrators of the BCCI has asked Rahul Johri to submit his explanation within a week over the sexual harassment allegations made against him.

    This is the third such instance in cricket after Sri Lankan cricketers Arjuna Ranatunga and Lasith Malinga were named.

    https://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...egations-89947


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    1,825
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is going to take out a lot of powerful. Good riddance. Hope justice is served.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    13,435
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    In the house, after she asked for water, he came to her with his pants down and assaulted her. "Till date I have borne the burden of this sordid incident, blaming myself for this -- I have wondered if I had showed I was needy, I don't think so -- but it's all hazy and confused in my head.

    "For years, I have told myself -- that was so cheap of me -- but the truth is, it was so sudden and so manipulated that I had no chance at even knowing what the hell this was," the survivor further wrote.

    The Committee of Administrators of the BCCI has asked Rahul Johri to submit his explanation within a week over the sexual harassment allegations made against him.
    Talk about an understatement! Sounds like a hell of a lot more than just "harassment".


    “In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule”

  18. #18
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    9,027
    Mentioned
    2067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Regardless of political leanings and affiliations, one of the most fundamental aspects of any judicial system is the belief that someone is innocent until proven guilty. This movement deserves respect in the sense that it no doubt is encouraging legitimate victims of sexual assault to come forward, shed their fears and get justice on those who abused them.

    That being said, it is frankly ludicrous that the individuals accused of this can be anonymously accused of the most heinous of crimes, have their names, careers, faces et al plastered everywhere for the media to feed on and character assassinate before even having a chance to respond. It is a very dangerous trend we're setting here to blindly believe every case without waiting for the facts, evidence and most importantly, courts to decide. Every individual has the right to innocence until a court of law determines otherwise, yet look at Kavanaugh in the US and many other cases popping up now, too many idiots in the world ascribe to the fools notion of "no smoke without fire" so really it wont matter if they are exonerated in court, the damage is already done.

    MeToo is not an anti-men movement trying to erase the male race, but it is not some infallible, foolproof bastion of truth either, like almost everything thr truth lies somewhere in between but it seems nobody in modern times is capable of stepping back,taking a deep breath and let the facts do the work, has to be hysteria, emotional extremes galore.

    In short, those accused have every right to anonymity as the accusers (rightfully) do. We cant foster a mentality whereby everyone accused of something is automatically guilty and should be shot, just as we cant wash away all accusations as someone attention seeking.
    Last edited by Donal Cozzie; 14th October 2018 at 23:42.


    See You Space Cowboy....

  19. #19
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    18,950
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    Regardless of political leanings and affiliations, one of the most fundamental aspects of any judicial system is the belief that someone is innocent until proven guilty. This movement deserves respect in the sense that it no doubt is encouraging legitimate victims of sexual assault to come forward, shed their fears and get justice on those who abused them.

    That being said, it is frankly ludicrous that the individuals accused of this can be anonymously accused of the most heinous of crimes, have their names, careers, faces et al plastered everywhere for the media to feed on and character assassinate before even having a chance to respond. It is a very dangerous trend we're setting here to blindly believe every case without waiting for the facts, evidence and most importantly, courts to decide. Every individual has the right to innocence until a court of law determines otherwise, yet look at Kavanaugh in the US and many other cases popping up now, too many idiots in the world ascribe to the fools notion of "no smoke without fire" so really it wont matter if they are exonerated in court, the damage is already done.

    MeToo is not an anti-men movement trying to erase the male race, but it is not some infallible, foolproof bastion of truth either, like almost everything thr truth lies somewhere in between but it seems nobody in modern times is capable of stepping back,taking a deep breath and let the facts do the work, has to be hysteria, emotional extremes galore.

    In short, those accused have every right to anonymity as the accusers (rightfully) do. We cant foster a mentality whereby everyone accused of something is automatically guilty and should be shot, just as we cant wash away all accusations as someone attention seeking.
    It started in the west and at that time all so called "Liberals" in India wanted this ,everyone was tweeting about it and etc. and now some of the big "Liberal" faces in India from Vinod Dua(Journalist) to AIB(Liberal comedian groups) have come under such high cases that its clear they cant have their cake and eat it too.

    This movement was basically keyboard warriors playing jury and judge from the get go.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  20. #20
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,561
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    Regardless of political leanings and affiliations, one of the most fundamental aspects of any judicial system is the belief that someone is innocent until proven guilty. This movement deserves respect in the sense that it no doubt is encouraging legitimate victims of sexual assault to come forward, shed their fears and get justice on those who abused them.

    That being said, it is frankly ludicrous that the individuals accused of this can be anonymously accused of the most heinous of crimes, have their names, careers, faces et al plastered everywhere for the media to feed on and character assassinate before even having a chance to respond. It is a very dangerous trend we're setting here to blindly believe every case without waiting for the facts, evidence and most importantly, courts to decide. Every individual has the right to innocence until a court of law determines otherwise, yet look at Kavanaugh in the US and many other cases popping up now, too many idiots in the world ascribe to the fools notion of "no smoke without fire" so really it wont matter if they are exonerated in court, the damage is already done.

    MeToo is not an anti-men movement trying to erase the male race, but it is not some infallible, foolproof bastion of truth either, like almost everything thr truth lies somewhere in between but it seems nobody in modern times is capable of stepping back,taking a deep breath and let the facts do the work, has to be hysteria, emotional extremes galore.

    In short, those accused have every right to anonymity as the accusers (rightfully) do. We cant foster a mentality whereby everyone accused of something is automatically guilty and should be shot, just as we cant wash away all accusations as someone attention seeking.
    Social media has made stepping back and taking a deep breath much harder. Now everyone wants to tweet and DM their every thought immediately and it causes repercussions with the barrage of endless quotes.

    On the other hand, the casting couch was a well known abuse of female actors trying to get a break, at least now some of the big name producers will think twice before asking for favours.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  21. #21
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,810
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Men will be scared to even look at woman in the future. In a way it is good for the society. Just the thought of MeToo will put some men in their places who have dirty intentions.

    Also, I have seen woman and girls who casually put their hands on my shoulders or sometimes even thighs while talking when I was young. I did not think of much about it back then. Even now I see girls and woman do it causally while talking. That should end too.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    93,405
    Mentioned
    1702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    69,401
    Mentioned
    1456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Eye-opening the names being linked to this.

    The world's of some very high-profile Bollywood greats could come crashing down if proper investigations are carried out.



  24. #24
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    6,525
    Mentioned
    1261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    #MeToo: MJ Akbar files defamation case against woman journalist

    Indian minister MJ Akbar has filed a defamation case against a woman journalist who named him as part of a #MeToo movement gripping the country.

    Priya Ramani's allegations against Mr Akbar inspired more women to talk about his alleged "predatory conduct".

    The former newspaper editor added that he would not be stepping down from his post as deputy foreign minister.

    In a statement, Ms Ramani said she was "ready" to fight the allegations against her.

    She added that she was "deeply disappointed" that "rather than engage with the serious allegations that many women have made against him, he seeks to silence them through intimidation and harassment."

    Apart from the case against Ms Ramani, Mr Akbar has threatened to also sue the other women who have spoken out against him.

    The minister is the most high-profile figure to be named in India's #MeToo movement.

    He returned from an official trip abroad on Monday and called the allegations "false" and "baseless".

    A threat to India's #MeToo movement?
    Ayeshea Perera, BBC News Delhi

    Everyone expecting a contrite apology and possible resignation from junior Foreign Minister MJ Akbar could not have been more wrong.

    His response to being named as part of India's #MeToo movement has been full of fire and fury.

    The allegations against Mr Akbar will be hard to prove. Ms Ramani herself has said that "nothing happened" in her account, while the other allegations relate to events that took place many years ago, and will ultimately boil down to his word against theirs.

    But what is more significant, is that Mr Akbar's response could also embolden others who have been named.

    Veteran actor Alok Nath, who has been accused of rape and sexual assault by a female director, has also sued for defamation, demanding a full written apology and token compensation of one rupee. It is likely that others named may do the same.

    But will this stop the momentum that has begun in the Indian media and entertainment industries?

    On the one hand, it could mean that women who were feeling empowered to come forward with their own stories will now stop - and others may feel pressured into taking back their complaints for fear of legal action.

    The long and arduous court processes will also make it hard for women to sustain the momentum of what they have begun.

    Mr Akbar was first named last week by Ms Ramani, who retweeted an article she had written for Vogue India in 2017 titled "To the Harvey Weinsteins of the world", where she recounted what she called her first experience of workplace harassment.

    Ms Ramani did not name anyone in the original piece, but said in a tweet on 8 October that the article had been about Mr Akbar.

    Since then, other women have come forward with their own stories naming Mr Akbar. At least one other anonymous account is believed to be about him.

    One of India's most influential editors, he has edited leading English-language newspapers such as The Telegraph and The Asian Age.

    In a statement posted on Twitter on Sunday, Mr Akbar said that the allegations are politically motivated as the country prepares for a general election next year.

    "Why has this storm risen a few months before a general election? Is there an agenda? You be the judge," he wrote.

    Many journalists and women have taken to social media to support those who have accused Mr Akbar of harassment.

    Comedians, journalists, authors, actors and filmmakers have been called out on social media in the past week.

    Veteran actor Alok Nath, and film directors Vikas Bahl, Subhash Ghai and Sajid Khan are among the other high-profile figures to be accused of sexual assault. They have all denied the allegations.

    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-45860978

  25. #25
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    6,525
    Mentioned
    1261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    All these guys are putting these defamation cases because, these accusations are old. These predators know that it will hard to prove this in court of law as there is no proof or forensic evidence of these crimes. Even though I believe these accusations as no one gains anything by accusing these politicians.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    22,586
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have revisited my stand on women accusing men of sexual harrassment.

    Earlier during the Ali Zaffar case, i believed that the woman was wrong to accuse Ali without proof and she should be sued if she cant prove her allegations.

    However, now i have revised these views because of the simple fact that a woman cannot possibly have a proof od sexual misconduct. At the most she can provide circumstantial evidence with many other women coming out and corroborating her story or by also blaming the same person for same crimes. This is hard to achieve in all cases. Some women even claim that men molested them in public and molestation is also a feeling which only the woman can know. How does one prove this and how utterly subjective this is!

    Another scenario is that spiteful women accusing men of sexual crimes after a bad breakup or some other motives. Yesterday i watched a news where a girl in US accused a black guy of raping her after having consensual sex with him. This because she didnt want to "lose another man who was a potential boyfriend". However, later she admitted that she made up the story and was sentenced to ONLY 1 YEAR in jail. However, the man would have been done for life if she hadnt had a change of heart. The man now suffers from anxiety and PTSD and said that he doesnt trust women anymore.

    The two scenarios together have made me reach a conclusion that i dont know what the solution to this problem is. There are women who are victims and there are women who call innocuous actions as harrasment. I wonder whether the age old tradition of segregation of sexes is the only practical solution to this. Obviously modern people would hate you if you suggest this because its more important to them than women feeling secure and innocent men not getting accused.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    6,196
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am expecting Bollywood A listers to be named soon as well. In fact some days back some actress hinted Amitabh Bachhchan was a pervert as well. I won't be surprised if he is considering he had a well documented affair with Rekha whilst being married.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  28. #28
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,561
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    All these guys are putting these defamation cases because, these accusations are old. These predators know that it will hard to prove this in court of law as there is no proof or forensic evidence of these crimes. Even though I believe these accusations as no one gains anything by accusing these politicians.
    I read an opinion piece by a woman in the times this week where she said the only answer was for women to report any misdemeanours immediately. The problem with digging up old cases from 20 years ago, is that there is not likely to be any corroborating evidence, and the charge could be motivated by other reasons, like revenge, or book sales, or even publicity for the sake of it.

    Obviously the majority of retrospective claims could well have some truth to them, but while the proof is sifted for, careers are destroyed and the entertainment industry is running scared.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  29. #29
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,810
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    I am expecting Bollywood A listers to be named soon as well. In fact some days back some actress hinted Amitabh Bachhchan was a pervert as well. I won't be surprised if he is considering he had a well documented affair with Rekha whilst being married.
    Some lady has accused Salman Khan and his brothers of raping her. Nobody is exempted from this movement.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    4,148
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    MJ Akbar: India minister quits after #MeToo allegations

    India's junior foreign minister MJ Akbar has resigned after numerous women accused him of sexual harassment and assault, officials have confirmed.

    The former prominent newspaper editor is the most high profile figure to be named in what is being called India's #MeToo movement.

    The charges range from "predatory behaviour" to sexual assault.

    Mr Akbar had earlier filed a criminal defamation case against the female journalist who first named him.

    He said in a statement that since he had decided to challenge the "false accusations" against him in his "personal capacity", he felt it was appropriate to step down from office.

    Mr Akbar's resignation came as pressure grew on the government to respond to the allegations being made against him.

    One of India's most influential editors, he has edited leading English-language newspapers in India, such as The Telegraph and The Asian Age.

    He was first named last week by journalist Priya Ramani, who retweeted an article she had written for Vogue India a year ago titled "To the Harvey Weinsteins of the world", where she recounted what she called her first experience of workplace harassment.

    Ms Ramani did not name anyone in the original piece, but said in her tweet that the article had been about Mr Akbar.

    Reacting to Mr Akbar's resignation, Ms Ramani tweeted that she had been "vindicated".




    Since Ms Ramani's earlier tweet, other women have come forward with their own stories, naming Mr Akbar. At least one other anonymous account is believed to be about him.

    Mr Akbar, who was travelling at the time of the allegations, returned to India on Monday and filed a defamation suit against Ms Ramani.

    Ms Ramani has said that she is "ready" to fight the case against her.

    Her tweet prompted other women to come forward with their own stories, naming Mr Akbar.

    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-45821100

  31. #31
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    6,525
    Mentioned
    1261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    I read an opinion piece by a woman in the times this week where she said the only answer was for women to report any misdemeanours immediately. The problem with digging up old cases from 20 years ago, is that there is not likely to be any corroborating evidence, and the charge could be motivated by other reasons, like revenge, or book sales, or even publicity for the sake of it.

    Obviously the majority of retrospective claims could well have some truth to them, but while the proof is sifted for, careers are destroyed and the entertainment industry is running scared.
    The reality of the matter is that most of these accused celebrities have been done so by multiple women. So there is definitely lot of truth to it. The problem though is that these women came and exposed them only now. There is no evidence forensic or otherwise. Even if there are witnesses, these biggies will silence them with money. That's the reason for these guys putting these cases. All these guys already have bad reputation within the industry, just that they have been holier than thou to the audience.

  32. #32
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    18,950
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    I have revisited my stand on women accusing men of sexual harrassment.

    Earlier during the Ali Zaffar case, i believed that the woman was wrong to accuse Ali without proof and she should be sued if she cant prove her allegations.

    However, now i have revised these views because of the simple fact that a woman cannot possibly have a proof od sexual misconduct. At the most she can provide circumstantial evidence with many other women coming out and corroborating her story or by also blaming the same person for same crimes. This is hard to achieve in all cases. Some women even claim that men molested them in public and molestation is also a feeling which only the woman can know. How does one prove this and how utterly subjective this is!

    Another scenario is that spiteful women accusing men of sexual crimes after a bad breakup or some other motives. Yesterday i watched a news where a girl in US accused a black guy of raping her after having consensual sex with him. This because she didnt want to "lose another man who was a potential boyfriend". However, later she admitted that she made up the story and was sentenced to ONLY 1 YEAR in jail. However, the man would have been done for life if she hadnt had a change of heart. The man now suffers from anxiety and PTSD and said that he doesnt trust women anymore.

    The two scenarios together have made me reach a conclusion that i dont know what the solution to this problem is. There are women who are victims and there are women who call innocuous actions as harrasment. I wonder whether the age old tradition of segregation of sexes is the only practical solution to this. Obviously modern people would hate you if you suggest this because its more important to them than women feeling secure and innocent men not getting accused.
    Seggregation of sexes is ok, but let this time women make such rules , and men take a back seat.

    Let women make religions, and preach em and how they want men to be unlike how it has been all these centuries.

    I'm sure "modern" people will be ok.

  33. #33
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,561
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    The reality of the matter is that most of these accused celebrities have been done so by multiple women. So there is definitely lot of truth to it. The problem though is that these women came and exposed them only now. There is no evidence forensic or otherwise. Even if there are witnesses, these biggies will silence them with money. That's the reason for these guys putting these cases. All these guys already have bad reputation within the industry, just that they have been holier than thou to the audience.
    What I find more shameful is that only when the storm breaks in the American industry, then suddenly Indian women find their voice. It basically portrays that Indians have no moral compass of their own, they follow the western world in applying standards somewhat slavishly and I find this sad.

    Why couldn't Bollywood have led the way and started this movement and shamed America instead? The brown sahib mentality shows how far Indians need to go to establish their own identity and values.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  34. #34
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    10,829
    Mentioned
    419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    What I find more shameful is that only when the storm breaks in the American industry, then suddenly Indian women find their voice. It basically portrays that Indians have no moral compass of their own, they follow the western world in applying standards somewhat slavishly and I find this sad.

    Why couldn't Bollywood have led the way and started this movement and shamed America instead? The brown sahib mentality shows how far Indians need to go to establish their own identity and values.
    It depends which ones you pick and choose and what chips on the shoulders one has. India had criminalized untouchability in 1947 (year zero) yet america's consiousness was awakened only after rosa parks in 1955.

  35. #35
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,561
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    It depends which ones you pick and choose and what chips on the shoulders one has. India had criminalized untouchability in 1947 (year zero) yet america's consiousness was awakened only after rosa parks in 1955.
    But since that time it would seem America has moved on in leaps and bounds, otherwise perhaps Indian women would led the #Hum-bhi movement and Americans would have echoed #Me-Too.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  36. #36
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    604
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    Regardless of political leanings and affiliations, one of the most fundamental aspects of any judicial system is the belief that someone is innocent until proven guilty. This movement deserves respect in the sense that it no doubt is encouraging legitimate victims of sexual assault to come forward, shed their fears and get justice on those who abused them.

    That being said, it is frankly ludicrous that the individuals accused of this can be anonymously accused of the most heinous of crimes, have their names, careers, faces et al plastered everywhere for the media to feed on and character assassinate before even having a chance to respond. It is a very dangerous trend we're setting here to blindly believe every case without waiting for the facts, evidence and most importantly, courts to decide. Every individual has the right to innocence until a court of law determines otherwise, yet look at Kavanaugh in the US and many other cases popping up now, too many idiots in the world ascribe to the fools notion of "no smoke without fire" so really it wont matter if they are exonerated in court, the damage is already done.

    MeToo is not an anti-men movement trying to erase the male race, but it is not some infallible, foolproof bastion of truth either, like almost everything thr truth lies somewhere in between but it seems nobody in modern times is capable of stepping back,taking a deep breath and let the facts do the work, has to be hysteria, emotional extremes galore.

    In short, those accused have every right to anonymity as the accusers (rightfully) do. We cant foster a mentality whereby everyone accused of something is automatically guilty and should be shot, just as we cant wash away all accusations as someone attention seeking.




    Youre not getting it. First of all its not just a gender thing. Men go through this abuse as well. If not by some female employee in high power or even an abuse by another male. Secondly how do you prove something that most often than not is usually something that happens in closed doors. The trauma itself is something that cannot just be shared to the whole world and you just want to to forget the whole incident if anything.

    I do believe that shaming such folks on social media like twitter or facebook is the only way these things come to light and when more allegations come out against the same person , the case then has more meat for police and courts to then have the proper evidence it needs to convict the accused. Keep in mind when the victims are sharing this ordeal in public, its not easy at all for them since they are inturn reliving the abuse again in their minds and they know that they are also hurting their families, so its double the abuse and torture all over again.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    22,586
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Seggregation of sexes is ok, but let this time women make such rules , and men take a back seat.

    Let women make religions, and preach em and how they want men to be unlike how it has been all these centuries.

    I'm sure "modern" people will be ok.
    Bro, i was not speaking of segregation from a religious angle here. And rules should be based on consensus of all as per the modern standards. See, i am not saying that its a perfect solution. I couldnt think of any other practical solution. I admitted in my post that i dont think i have a solution to this issue. Obviously better solutions should be preferred but they should be realistic. Not utopian crap like "men should act better" because bad people are a reality of life which isnt going go anywhere.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    93,405
    Mentioned
    1702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Alisha Chinai is the original #MeToo girl. The 90s popular pop singer had filed a sexual harassment suit against music composer-director Anu Mali back in the 1990s. After pressing charges, the Made in India singer went into hibernation, to try to deal with the trauma.

    She spent several years as a recluse in Alibaug, in her home that resembled the White House (she used to be called the First Lady of Jirad).

    “Every case and incident of sexual offence is very different, and only the one who wears the shoe knows where it hurts,” Alisha said.

    “When I sued (Anu) Malik, I fought it alone. It was an unprecedented landmark verdict and a restraining order was passed against him. The man has repeatedly begged for my forgiveness. I have chosen to forgive him and moved on,” she added.

    She demanded Rs 26.60 lakhs as compensation from the musician as settlement. Later, Anu Malik also filed a Rs 2 crore defamation case against her.

    After the ugly turns of events, the duo decided to never work together again. In 2002, however, Alisha sang a song for the music director in Shahid-Kapoor-starrer Ishq Vishk. They also appeared together as judges for singing reality show Indian Idol.

    Over 25 years later, Alisha is back with a song called ‘ Wild at Heart’, which is all about spirited women living life on their own terms. She also promises to perform it as a single at the Times Litfest at Mehboob Studios in December.

    Singer Sona Mohapatracalled Anu Malik a 'serial predator', an allegation the music director dismissed, claiming he has never met her. In an Instagram post, she wrote, "To all the young girls & women who are coming out with their experiences with this creep, journalists, ‘fans’ & even kids from college, know that you are not alone. This guy, #KailashKher is a serial predator & has been for years as are many others like Anu Malik in the industry."

    https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/66181047.cms
    Last edited by MenInG; 18th October 2018 at 21:37.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •