Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 36 of 36
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    25,448
    Mentioned
    1190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Pakistan Film Producers Association demands complete ban on Indian films

    LAHORE: Pakistan has seen numerous Bollywood films being banned for various reasons. Whether it was on Eid or due to a film’s content, our censor boards don’t hold back when it comes to disallowing the screening of Indian content.

    Padman, Veere Di Wedding, Mulk and Raazi were among those that didn’t see the light of day in the country. Even Raees, Mahira Khan’s Bollywood debut opposite Shah Rukh Khan was banned.

    Although Indian films bring in a lot of revenue for local stakeholders (case in point: Sanju), the Pakistan Film Producers Association (PFPA) has demanded a ban on the release of all Indian films in the country.

    Senior representative PFPA, Chaudhry Ejaz Kamran, told The Express Tribune, “If Indian stake holders and organisations can take a stand and do everything for the welfare of their industry, then why can’t we? They have banned our artists and films in the past so what’s stopping us?”

    PFPA proceeded in writing a letter to the Prime Minister of Pakistan, Imran Khan, requesting him to take the necessary steps and make a decision on the matter. The association believes that, for the sake of our local film industry, the government should impose the said ban. If this is not carried out, local cinema owners will continue to prioritise Bollywood films over local ones.

    “We have struggled for the welfare of our local film industry and this is why we decided to contact Imran Khan. We are hopeful that he will listen to us and impose the ban,” shared Kamran.

    PFPA has previously been active in persuading past government tenures for the implementation of the same ban. However, its efforts have not always been fruitful. Nonetheless, it continues to remain adamant as members of the association truly believe that the local film industry suffers because of the release of Indian films. They also suggest that the crisis that hit Pakistan’s film industry was because of Bollywood films infiltrating theatres across the nation. A petition for a ban against Indian films has been submitted to Lahore High Court.

    “We are lucky enough to be in a position to make such bold requests for the well-being of local films. It is great to see that the business of film-making has restarted in Pakistan and we should do everything we can to support this. The last six years have proved that we are more than capable of holding our own.”

    It is pertinent to mention here that Pakistan has two groups of people, in terms of audiences. While there are many in favour of local films, others prefer Indian ones. The latter also include stakeholders of digital cinemas within Pakistan and according to them, a ban on Bollywood movies will disturb their business and discourage investors, resulting in decreasing revenue. Therefore, they disagree with the ban and oppose PFPA’s idea.

    “PFPA should accept the reality and instead of writing letters to Imran Khan, they should take positive steps for the revival of the industry and the production of more films,” stated a senior member of the Pakistan Film Exhibitors Association. “There are various senior film producers within PFPA that no longer work and it’s funny to see them demand bans when they can’t even produce ten films a year. They have to understand that Bollywood films have a massive viewership and this brings in a lot of revenue.”

    Keeping everyone in mind, Kamran explains how they have provided two options for the authorities to choose from. “We have given a choice of two possibilities: Either they impose a complete ban on Indian films, or they make an active effort in prioritising local content. The latter entails increased promotion of local films as well as more screen time and shows within cinema halls.”

    Kamran further provided that the association is planning a meeting with Khan so the members can express their concerns properly.

    https://tribune.com.pk/story/1824090...n-indian-films


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  2. #2
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    18,950
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes, please ban Indian movies already!


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  3. #3
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    6,196
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that Bollywood should be banned in Pak until they show our movies. With the "metoo" movement Bollywood is now being exposed for what it truly is. An organisation full of rapists and perverts that is nearing it's end, most Indian people are turning against their own filth. The whole boring nonsense that is Bollywood is reaching saturation point. Whilst I support Lollywood we have to carve a separate image.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Whilst I support Lollywood we have to carve a separate image.
    You seriously think it doesn't happen in Lollywood??

  5. #5
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    please do it.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,713
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is all talk when it comes to Bollywood. Let me know when the ban is actually imposed.

  7. #7
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,561
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I don't really get the logic of the argument for banning Indian films. If the reason given was that India is an enemy country and Pakistanis don't want them to benefit from exposure in Pakistan, I can accept that, even if I don't agree with it. It is a similar argument to BCCI banning Pakistani players from IPL, which is equally pathetic.

    But that isn't the reason given, the Pakistan Film Association is basically complaining that Pakistanis prefer Indian films and will continue to do so. That is because you make really bad films guys, try to step your game up instead of banning the competition. Big budgets aren't everything, some of the biggest Hollywood smash hits have been done with relatively little money and unknown actors.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    6,237
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do they want a ban? Simply because they can't compete with Bollywood, despite it belonging to a country whom Pakistan considers it's worst enemy. So the solution to their struggle is to ban the competition. The reason it's not banned already is simply because Pakistani public love Bollywood


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  9. #9
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,561
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Why do they want a ban? Simply because they can't compete with Bollywood, despite it belonging to a country whom Pakistan considers it's worst enemy. So the solution to their struggle is to ban the competition. The reason it's not banned already is simply because Pakistani public love Bollywood
    That's not the reason Bollywood isn't banned, there is no ban because Pakistan has fairly liberal restrictions on Bollywood. If Pakistan authorities wanted to impose a complete ban they could do it, regardless of demand. No doubt Indian public would love to see Pakistani players in the IPL, but that hasn't stopped Indian authorities from imposing a ban on Pakistani players.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  10. #10
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    380
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They want a ban because they can't compete against the quality content coming out of India and want to make it easier for their horrible films to make decent money.


    If they raise their standards and start making good movies people would watch them

  11. #11
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    2,007
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    good move, esp. when Pak cinema is rising fast and that the new govt. is perfectly aware of its potential (see Fawad Chaudhry's comments on multiplying screens and so on), and anyway Bollywood, which is basically a private club of Punjabis and Pathans, has become too Westernized and toxic since the early 2000s, trying to ape Hollywood without its reach, budget and screenwriters, losing the moral values which made it attractive.

    Also India has banned Pak dramas since few years now.

  12. #12
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,561
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Something View Post
    They want a ban because they can't compete against the quality content coming out of India and want to make it easier for their horrible films to make decent money.


    If they raise their standards and start making good movies people would watch them
    There isn't quality coming out of India, most knowledgeable film critics consider Bollywood big budget trash for the most part. Pakistani viewers watch it because most of them are too unsophisticated to tell the difference first and foremost, but also they have nothing to compare with as their own film industry is dead in the water.

    You guys need to put your Bollygoggles to one side and be objective like me.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  13. #13
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    18,950
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by enkidu_ View Post
    good move, esp. when Pak cinema is rising fast and that the new govt. is perfectly aware of its potential (see Fawad Chaudhry's comments on multiplying screens and so on), and anyway Bollywood, which is basically a private club of Punjabis and Pathans, has become too Westernized and toxic since the early 2000s, trying to ape Hollywood without its reach, budget and screenwriters, losing the moral values which made it attractive.

    Also India has banned Pak dramas since few years now.
    What's this a 17 year old burger review of Hindi cinema?

  14. #14
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    18,950
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    There isn't quality coming out of India, most knowledgeable film critics consider Bollywood big budget trash for the most part. Pakistani viewers watch it because most of them are too unsophisticated to tell the difference first and foremost, but also they have nothing to compare with as their own film industry is dead in the water.

    You guys need to put your Bollygoggles to one side and be objective like me.
    Exactly doc , Ban what the Pakistanis consider trash ,have been saying this for 2 years now.
    It's time it's banned and only Pakistani /Hollywood movies are released in theaters and am sure local cinemas will easily survive on the supply givenby Pakistani movies.

  15. #15
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,561
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Exactly doc , Ban what the Pakistanis consider trash ,have been saying this for 2 years now.
    It's time it's banned and only Pakistani /Hollywood movies are released in theaters and am sure local cinemas will easily survive on the supply givenby Pakistani movies.
    Bollywood should be banned only for political reasons as per Indian ban on Pakistan players in the IPL. That is no excuse for rubbish coming from Pakistani film producers, they need to stop blaming Bollywood, Hollywood, Banglawood or anybody else. Make something worth watching and the audience will be there.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    6,237
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, try reading this article about Bollywood by a Pakistani woman -

    https://www.dailyo.in/voices/pakista...y/1/15941.html

    It wouldn’t be wrong to state that our cinema business heavily relies on the Indian movies that are screened in theatres. Whenever there’s a ban on Indian films, theatres become almost lifeless and unproductive.
    It is impossible to deny the endless love we Pakistanis have for Bollywood movies. Trust me when I say this. All of us, almost every other Pakistani next-door, have grown up watching and admiring Bollywood films.
    Similarly, Pakistanis, settled in urban cities, have not given up their undying love for Bollywood movies. They still watch them by downloading torrents from the internet or grabbing pirated DVDs from the local stores because giving up on something you’ve loved and grown up admiring is just next to impossible. It is plausible to see them gush about their favourite Indian celebrities or get inspired by their healthy lifestyles. They identify with the actors, characters, and stories. The love for Indian cinema is deeply rooted in their systems.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  17. #17
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,561
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    LOL, try reading this article about Bollywood by a Pakistani woman -

    https://www.dailyo.in/voices/pakista...y/1/15941.html
    Please re-read my post #12 where I have already analysed and logically explained such unsophisticated views.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  18. #18
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    4,073
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Why do they want a ban? Simply because they can't compete with Bollywood, despite it belonging to a country whom Pakistan considers it's worst enemy. So the solution to their struggle is to ban the competition. The reason it's not banned already is simply because Pakistani public love Bollywood
    India banned Pakistani dramas, even though there seemed to be a growing demand for them in India at the time.

    India banned Pakistani actors such as Fawad Khan, which seemed to be getting more and more popular in India.

    I am surprised people like Atif Aslam and Rahat arent banned yet, there is a weird double standard when it comes to playback singers.

    So its not only Pakistani public that likes to consume Indian talent, it is the other way around too.

    Pakistani players are banned from IPL, where as I am sure guys like Afridi, malik, razzaq may have had fans in India in the past. Again there is a double standard for coaches though.

    India bans everything related to Pakistan, so your post here could also apply to India.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    6,237
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackanhyellow View Post
    India banned Pakistani dramas, even though there seemed to be a growing demand for them in India at the time.

    India banned Pakistani actors such as Fawad Khan, which seemed to be getting more and more popular in India.

    I am surprised people like Atif Aslam and Rahat arent banned yet, there is a weird double standard when it comes to playback singers.

    So its not only Pakistani public that likes to consume Indian talent, it is the other way around too.

    Pakistani players are banned from IPL, where as I am sure guys like Afridi, malik, razzaq may have had fans in India in the past. Again there is a double standard for coaches though.

    India bans everything related to Pakistan, so your post here could also apply to India.
    The difference here is that Pakistani dramas never dominated Indian ones in India. Neither is Fawad Khan even close to being more popular than well known Bollywood stars. Has the situation been same in Pakistan?

    As for IPL, Pakistan barred it's players from participating in the 2nd edition of IPL in 2009. The ban on Pakistani players started after that.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  20. #20
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    4,073
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    LOL, try reading this article about Bollywood by a Pakistani woman -

    https://www.dailyo.in/voices/pakista...y/1/15941.html
    There have also been a few Indian celebrities complaining Bollywood promotes Pakistani talent, which take away jobs from Indian talent.

    So Indians are also protective of their industry even though it is enormous compared to the Pakistani industry.

    I dont think Pakistani cinema halls will shut down if Indian movies arent played.

    Just play hollywood movies (in english as well as dubbed in urdu option), or expand to other markets such as east asian movies which are often very good quality.

    Most of all promote Pakistani cinema, so that Pakistanis have their own stars and dont look to Indian muslims as role models in any way (sharukh, amir, salman, etc...).

    Also banning Indian music at weddings should happen too, Pakistan actually has a vibrant music scene, so not sure why Indian music is played, when often times Bollywood copies or remakes Pakistani songs.

    This one way cultural exchange is unacceptable.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    4,073
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    The difference here is that Pakistani dramas never dominated Indian ones in India. Neither is Fawad Khan even close to being more popular than well known Bollywood stars. Has the situation been same in Pakistan?

    As for IPL, Pakistan barred it's players from participating in the 2nd edition of IPL in 2009. The ban on Pakistani players started after that.
    Surely Fawad khan was a bigger star than many in Bollywood. Of course he wasnt as big as salman, sharukh, hrithik, amir, etc... but still bigger than many actors.

    Pakistani dramas were extremely well received in India, with some amount of promotion they could have done much better.

    Singers like Rahat and Atif are extremely popular and their songs do better than most singers in Bollywood apart from a few like Arjit singh.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    6,237
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackanhyellow View Post
    Surely Fawad khan was a bigger star than many in Bollywood. Of course he wasnt as big as salman, sharukh, hrithik, amir, etc... but still bigger than many actors.

    Pakistani dramas were extremely well received in India, with some amount of promotion they could have done much better.

    Singers like Rahat and Atif are extremely popular and their songs do better than most singers in Bollywood apart from a few like Arjit singh.
    I'm speaking of domination, being staple. Much like Bollywood is the staple movie industry in Pakistan despite having a movie industry of it's own. So much that their own industry wants Bollywood banned because they cannot compete with it.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  23. #23
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    4,073
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    I'm speaking of domination, being staple. Much like Bollywood is the staple movie industry in Pakistan despite having a movie industry of it's own. So much that their own industry wants Bollywood banned because they cannot compete with it.
    It should rightfully be banned.

    Regardless of competition, its a one way cultural exchange.

    Why should Pakistanis have a soft spot for Indians due to Bollywood?

    Pakistanis should dislike Indians as much as Indians dislike Pakistanis.

    Competition should be a secondary reason, but is valid too. Ban Indian movies so Pakistan can promote their own.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    6,237
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackanhyellow View Post
    It should rightfully be banned.

    Regardless of competition, its a one way cultural exchange.

    Why should Pakistanis have a soft spot for Indians due to Bollywood?

    Pakistanis should dislike Indians as much as Indians dislike Pakistanis.

    Competition should be a secondary reason, but is valid too. Ban Indian movies so Pakistan can promote their own.
    Why can't they promote their own in the presence of Bollywood?


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  25. #25
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    4,073
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Why can't they promote their own in the presence of Bollywood?
    They technically could, they would just have to work on making better Pakistani movies and over time the cinema landscape would change. At the moment though Bollywood movies are higher quality in terms of production.

    Btw Pakistani movies are a lot better now than 10 years ago, so progress is being made.

    However, that isnt the point. Why import Indian culture?

    It misleads people into thinking that is Pakistani culture, due to the similar language.

    Sometimes I catch Pakistanis using a couple of Hindi words here and there.

    Like I said one way cultural exchange with a country that considers you their enemy, shouldn't be acceptable.

  26. #26
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,561
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    The difference here is that Pakistani dramas never dominated Indian ones in India. Neither is Fawad Khan even close to being more popular than well known Bollywood stars. Has the situation been same in Pakistan?

    As for IPL, Pakistan barred it's players from participating in the 2nd edition of IPL in 2009. The ban on Pakistani players started after that.
    Pakistan lifted the ban after a year or two, India never did, so you can't defend India indefinitely unless you are going to admit you are an Indian nationalist.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  27. #27
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,561
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Why can't they promote their own in the presence of Bollywood?
    Why can't India promote the IPL in the presence of Pakistani cricketers?


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  28. #28
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    6,237
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Why can't India promote the IPL in the presence of Pakistani cricketers?
    Presence of Pak players would make it difficult for the BCCI to promote IPL? If included, will the Pak players become the rival of the IPL or will they rather be playing in?


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  29. #29
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    1,599
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackanhyellow View Post
    They technically could, they would just have to work on making better Pakistani movies and over time the cinema landscape would change. At the moment though Bollywood movies are higher quality in terms of production.

    Btw Pakistani movies are a lot better now than 10 years ago, so progress is being made.

    However, that isnt the point. Why import Indian culture?

    It misleads people into thinking that is Pakistani culture, due to the similar language.

    Sometimes I catch Pakistanis using a couple of Hindi words here and there.

    Like I said one way cultural exchange with a country that considers you their enemy, shouldn't be acceptable.
    I agree with you 100%. It irks me when Pakistanis shamelessly use Hindi words in their conversations while patriotic Indian public do not even want to see the faces of our actors. This cultural invasion needs to be stopped, government should take action.

  30. #30
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,561
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Presence of Pak players would make it difficult for the BCCI to promote IPL? If included, will the Pak players become the rival of the IPL or will they rather be playing in?
    So why does India maintain a ban on Pakistan players in the IPL? Clearly Pakistani players are no threat to the IPL so what would the reasoning be?


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  31. #31
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,453
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    so you cant make a quality film, thus you end up banning your competitor.

    This is just pathetic. Pakistani films are sheet. Bollywood movies arn't that great either, but they are much better than Pakistani movies.

    And this is the same way how Indian decides to ban Pakistan cricket.
    Last edited by alized; 14th October 2018 at 17:58. Reason: No bad words allowed.


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  32. #32
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    6,237
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    So why does India maintain a ban on Pakistan players in the IPL? Clearly Pakistani players are no threat to the IPL so what would the reasoning be?
    Same reason why India has ceased cricket ties with Pakistan after the Mumbai attacks.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  33. #33
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Singapore
    Runs
    3,332
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Indian movies brought back people into the cinemas in Pakistan which resulted in growth and improvement in our own movies. Complete ban on indian movies would harm our film industry rather than help. Pakistani producers are idiots if they think people would keep coming to the cinemas if they only show Pakistani movies. Instead of banning indian movies completely they should do something like china does block festival months limit the number of foreign movies allowed each year.


    "Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought"-JFK

  34. #34
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    2,007
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    What's this a 17 year old burger review of Hindi cinema?
    look I know Bollywood churns out some gems every year, from 2017/2018 I liked "Daddy" and "October", but Bollywood AS A WHOLE is not this cultured niche but mainly the 'Salman Khan type' movies which dumb down the masses, and add to that the anti-Pak angle so pervading in their productins. I understand India banning Pak content as enemy nation but reciprocity is expected, even if Bollywood was as good as in the 70s/80s. It's about cultural imperialism and soft Hinduization at the end.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    The difference here is that Pakistani dramas never dominated Indian ones in India. Neither is Fawad Khan even close to being more popular than well known Bollywood stars. Has the situation been same in Pakistan?
    Are you for real, read Indian news back then, they were all saying that Fawad Khan was the next big thing in Bollywood, he was making many leading Indian (Punjabi) actors insecure as "the next Khan", which actor post-90s (so take out the Khan's or Akshay) is having a succesful career anyway ? He didn't even have a lot of competition (1-2 names at best, who themselves are struggling) among the "younger" (under 45) generation to begin with.

    And everybody knows that there's more qualitative difference between Pak dramas and Indian dramas than there's between Pak cinema and Bollywood. Just did a little research and that's what I found from a Hindu nationalist actor (so his laudation says a lot) :

    (...)
    So do you think the audiences are taken for granted, unlike Hollywood, as we get to see a lot of logic defying movies?

    Forget Hollywood, we cannot even compare our films to Pakistani shows. They are far more superior to what we produce here. We need to make som duce here. We need to make some more smart films where we don't take our audience for granted and think that they will not understand what we want to convey . And this is what attracted me to Raja Natwarlal . Con films genre is one genre that hasn't been explored much and there is a lot of scope in this genre.
    https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/41167044.cms

    In terms of writing, characterization, script, acting, etc Pak dramas are top notch, just look at "Waris" of the late 70s and you're barely see an Indian equivalent, not even going into the other "PTV Golden Age" stuff, that's why Indians have been watching Pak dramas since the 80s at least.

    And considering the recent box office hits and tendencies, as well as the govt. incentives, in 10 years max Pak cinema will become an "industry" of its own again. Banning Indian content would faciliate that transition.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    6,196
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HEYY View Post
    You seriously think it doesn't happen in Lollywood??
    Yes of course. Pak had a thriving movie industry from the 1960's to early 1980's. Pak movies cared about it's culture fully respecting Pak norms. That is what we have to do.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    715
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    so you cant make a quality film, thus you end up banning your competitor.

    This is just pathetic. Pakistani films are sheet. Bollywood movies arn't that great either, but they are much better than Pakistani movies.

    And this is the same way how Indian decides to ban Pakistan cricket.
    Every country limit items that will hurt their economy.

    Next time when JT serve you maple syrup on a flying moose ask him what item his government has restricted.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •