User Tag List

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NS Sidhu stirs fresh controversy, says visiting Pakistan better than travelling to South India

"Be the best version of yourself"

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Where did he say he prefers Pakistan?

Sidhu said what many North Indians openly say in India. Language is a huge barrier for northies when they visit south. For South Indians too, visiting states like Punjab, UP, Haryana etc is a problem. They cannot understand language or read signs written in Hindi.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Where did he say he prefers Pakistan?

Sidhu said what many North Indians openly say in India. Language is a huge barrier for northies when they visit south. For South Indians too, visiting states like Punjab, UP, Haryana etc is a problem. They cannot understand language or read signs written in Hindi.
    he talked about the food too, indians are offended by his comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2SoV9BXECU

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sikhs like him talk of Punjabi so called culture and Jatt so called brotherhood but are the first to kill Muslims when they have the chance, whether in war vs Pak or Muslims of Kashmir, they're not over-represented in the Indian Army for no reason, but it's true that if Sikhs revolt against India (for Khalistan, the land of the pure) the Hindus would have no power.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by enkidu_ View Post
    Sikhs like him talk of Punjabi so called culture and Jatt so called brotherhood but are the first to kill Muslims when they have the chance, whether in war vs Pak or Muslims of Kashmir, they're not over-represented in the Indian Army for no reason, but it's true that if Sikhs revolt against India (for Khalistan, the land of the pure) the Hindus would have no power.
    yeah they have the blood of pakistanis and kashmiris on them. #neverforget

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive met a fair few punjabi sikhs and hindus who openly admit they have more in common in terms of language, food, dress, etc with certain parts of pakistan than southern india, but that doesnt stand for much, as on the flip side ive seen northern indians often having the strongest anti pakistan views too.

i tend to find punjabi indians have very little in common with other indian groups and generally have a very poor view of gujratis in particular.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    South Indians seem to be more predominant in US and Australia as compared to Britain. They are starting to arrive here as well and there is definitely a language barrier.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't take much to offend Hindustanis! Just the mere mention of the P word gives them the 'ump making headline news on their channels!! Honestly, Sidhu is just playing and toying with them. He knows exactly how to upset them!

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Los Angeles
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Less than two months after courting controversy for hugging Pakistan Army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa at a time when India's relation with its neighbour were at its lowest, Navjot Sidhu stirred up a fresh controversy on Saturday, when he drew an unwarranted cultural analogy between Pakistan and South India.

Speaking at a literary festival in Kasol, Sidhu said, "If I go to Tamil Nadu, I don’t understand the language. Not that I don’t like the food, but I can’t take it for long. That culture is totally different. But if I travel to Pakistan there is no difficulty. The language is the same and everything there is just amazing."

The Punjab tourism and culture minister was apparently trying to highlight the cultural affinity Punjab shares with Pakistan. However, by drawing a comparison over the sensitive lingual divide issue, Sidhu, in the process, has perhaps compounded his troubles.

Sidhu also clarified his hug to Pakistan Army chief in his own style. The cricketer-turned-television anchor-turned politician said, "My Jhappi was no conspiracy, it was no Rafale deal... If somebody tells me that they are ready to open the Kartarpur corridor. I mean they said it 400 times that we are ready to open the corridor then this is the way I show affection. I will hug and also kiss them. I care two hoots about people who play dirty politics on that. I have lived my life on my terms."

His comments were aired by CNN-News18 on Saturday.

Sidhu had visited Pakistan to attend the oath-taking ceremony of Pakistan prime minister Imran Khan, a cricketer-turned-politician, on 18 August. During the visit, Sidhu had hugged Pakistan Army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa, triggering a torrent of criticism from the BJP and also from within his Congress party, including Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh.

Later, clarifying his hug to Bajwa, Sidhu said that while greeting him, General Bajwa informed him about a sentimental gesture proposed for the Sikhs, after which he hugged the general out of emotions.

Sidhu claimed that Pakistan was considering a proposal to provide free access to Sikh devotees to a historic gurdwara just three kilometres inside Pakistan. However, later, both Indian and Pakistani governments confirmed that "no formal communication" took place on Kartarpur corridor issue.

https://www.firstpost.com/politics/n...a-5372991.html
    Last edited by alized; 14th October 2018 at 04:15.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not at all pro-Sikh. India talks them up as being supermen to keep their community happy and away from the Khalistan movement. If they are that great would have formed their Khalistan by now. Truthfully, most Sikh's are incredibly jealous that Muslim's rule the country where most of their Guru's and their heritage comes from. I know that in any war our soldiers will never give an inch to Indian Sikh's neither do I whenever encountering them. Sikh's are no friends of Pakistan or the Muslim community but would be the first ones in line for jobs in Muslim countries. They hate being told such home truths.
    Last edited by PakLFC; 14th October 2018 at 04:46.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes sense he prefers Pakistani Punjab over South India, before partition, Indian Punjab was 85% Hindu and most Sikhs lived in Pakistani Punjab, it only during partition that most Sikhs came to Indian Punjab. There is a reason why most famous Punjabis born before 1947 are born in Pakistani Punjab.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian politics is worst. They make mountain out of a molehills.
    Even i and most of punjabis feel more closer to pakistan culturally ,food habits,look wise ,language etc apart of religion, if we compare that to south india.

Navjot didnt insult south india. We all indians are one and united .but he just said common sense.And look at the headlines in newspapaers putting all the wrong perspective saying navjot compares south india to pakistan and prefers pakistan over south india.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    I am not at all pro-Sikh. India talks them up as being supermen to keep their community happy and away from the Khalistan movement. If they are that great would have formed their Khalistan by now. Truthfully, most Sikh's are incredibly jealous that Muslim's rule the country where most of their Guru's and their heritage comes from. I know that in any war our soldiers will never give an inch to Indian Sikh's neither do I whenever encountering them. Sikh's are no friends of Pakistan or the Muslim community but would be the first ones in line for jobs in Muslim countries. They hate being told such home truths.
    Trust me dude your muslim master countries dnt treat you any better if not the worst.
    Dnt talk about other communities if you dnt know history and facts right.
    Dnt be judgemental.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akki malhotra View Post
    Indian politics is worst. They make mountain out of a molehills.
    Even i and most of punjabis feel more closer to pakistan culturally ,food habits,look wise ,language etc apart of religion, if we compare that to south india.

Navjot didnt insult south india. We all indians are one and united .but he just said common sense.And look at the headlines in newspapaers putting all the wrong perspective saying navjot compares south india to pakistan and prefers pakistan over south india.
    If I'm not wrong you're a Hindu nationalist, and as per your ideology, which basically mirrors the Two Nation Theory (TNT), being a Hindu is to belong to a nation (not only a "religion"), and that trumps "language" or "food" or whatever similarities, and you're supposed to feel closer to a Hindu from Bihar or Tamil Nadu than a Muslim from Punjab (which is in fact true). Indian nationalism is basically soft Hindu nationalism.

And we all know what Punjabi-Khatris really think of Pakistan behind the aman ki tamasha mantras, they're in a perennial vendetta mood because they lost all their businesses in Lahore, Rawalpindi, Sialkot, etc, it's not for the peoples that they feel nostalgic but the lands, they'd kill off all Muslims of Punjab if they had the power to do so.

Trust me dude your muslim master countries dnt treat you any better if not the worst.
    Dnt be judgemental.
    How do Hindus treat each other based on caste ?

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by enkidu_ View Post
    If I'm not wrong you're a Hindu nationalist, and as per your ideology, which basically mirrors the Two Nation Theory (TNT), being a Hindu is to belong to a nation (not only a "religion"), and that trumps "language" or "food" or whatever similarities, and you're supposed to feel closer to a Hindu from Bihar or Tamil Nadu than a Muslim from Punjab (which is in fact true). Indian nationalism is basically soft Hindu nationalism.

And we all know what Punjabi-Khatris really think of Pakistan behind the aman ki tamasha mantras, they're in a perennial vendetta mood because they lost all their businesses in Lahore, Rawalpindi, Sialkot, etc, it's not for the peoples that they feel nostalgic but the lands, they'd kill off all Muslims of Punjab if they had the power to do so.

How do Hindus treat each other based on caste ?
    You probably didnt read my answer properly.i already said that most punjabis feel closer to pakistan by all means except religion , that too wont mind but issue is from you side who consider all non muslims kafirs.

I have shifted to lucknow due to job last week.All i can find is some urdu written or masjids all over the places and people speaking with some different accent. And mind you lucknow is capital of uttar pradesh. Not a bad thing . But Even in north india i cant relate much to u.p or bihar etc other places forget south india.but that's the beauty of india.
    And regarding caste system. You need to know that indian culture is not like some 1000 years old. It dated back to almost 5000 years. And over the time it has been victim to many invasions as well.

Caste system has been the worst thing ever. It wasnt meant to be what it became.it actually was like. If you are some warrior you belong to rajput. If you do business you belong to other one. If you belong to someone who attains knowledge you belong to pandits.and if you do some small jobs you belong to lower caste Etc etc.

So castes was based on occupation and not on birth. But over the time castes system happened to be based on birth only and later on people got exploited and discrimination occured.

You have no idea how people were treated in castes system . They were not treated any better than animals especially lower castes. Even now discrimination happens in many places. Although one good thing is indian law treats every one equal and anyone doing discrimination is an offense as per law ,although politicians itself exploit people on caste basis. That's different story.

And you dnt need to be judgemental first with about not even half of your facts right.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Hindu nationalism is a false route to progress in India. No one has any real idea what it stands for. A far better road map would be to remove all religion from public life in India like the French have done and to go fully secular. If Indians looked to America and it's birthing mother, her majesty's United Kindom as exemplars, then this issue of caste or regional supremacy would scatter and disperse like ashes.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither do you when you encounter them? What is you life attitude? Do you carry on the political mess into you personal life? Or are you a freelance fighter of some sort.

It's only natural to defend one's homeland Sikh or not. Or do you expect them to to just lay low to show their sympathy towards Pakistan or Muslims.

Time for holding grudges is over. Our hands as Muslims aren't void of any blood either.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a case of importance, he was the VIP when in Pakistan and that has gotten to him.

Its a stupid example of arrogance and etilism. And its typical of some pakistanis to bring religion into this...

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    755 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No surprise punjabis still share language food culture and south india is a lot different for them and vice versa. When my Indian Punjabi Friends go to Punjab the fields the villages look the same as when i go to West Punjab. I dont get the fuss over it.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sidhu needs to learn to read the room.

India is at the height of anti-pakistanism.

Just keep your mouth shut, other wise there going to get you.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As usual the disgusting RSS/BJP controlled 'Times Now' twisting his words. More will join, these shameless vultures can sink to any depth to please their political masters.

Of course an Indian Punjabi will share more similarities with West Punjabis than a Tamil or Malayali. For most portions of our history we had no link with Indian Punjab but today's Pakistan and Punjab/Haryana were under the same authority for many centuries. Similarly a Tamil may find commonalities with Sri Lanka, Indian Bengali with Bangladesh, Kashmiri with Pakistan and sections of North East with Myanmar. Thank the British who united us politically.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heard this exact comment/sentiment millions of times from North Indians/Punjabis. What is so wrong or anti-national about it? It is a fact.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by someone21 View Post
    Its a case of importance, he was the VIP when in Pakistan and that has gotten to him.

Its a stupid example of arrogance and etilism. And its typical of some pakistanis to bring religion into this...
    It’s always about religion for RSS

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's only because of foreigners that different nations are under the umbrella of "India".

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dnt be judgemental.
    The so called master countries which you mean the Arab's are a bigger mess then we are. I know enough about Sikhs to tell you they are full of themselves. India only talks them up so to keep them happy and keep a list on the Khalistan nonsense. This is FACT not judging or anything like that. From the days of the Moghul's to today the so call Sikh accomplishments are nothing.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirris View Post
    Neither do you when you encounter them? What is you life attitude? Do you carry on the political mess into you personal life? Or are you a freelance fighter of some sort.

It's only natural to defend one's homeland Sikh or not. Or do you expect them to to just lay low to show their sympathy towards Pakistan or Muslims.

Time for holding grudges is over. Our hands as Muslims aren't void of any blood either.
    By encountering them I mean whenever I have some heated debate with them. I defend Pakistan from their baseless attacks so yes I am a defender of the land I belong to. I expect them to stop attacking Pak for their own faults/ To stop being jealous that the Muslim's in Pakistan got there country where as they fell for false promises. Of course Muslim's have committed crimes that are fully accepted but I ain't gonna stand by watching some Sikh attacking Islam or Pakistan. Will be incredibly aggressive and harsh on them.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have just heard Sidhu speaking when making his latest veiled attack on India! Good news is that he still understands the meaning of the South Indian "bhadakumm" Sounds like the "howzat" of Cricket!!

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He is right about having common language, but in that logic Sidhu sahab why even get out of your pind, don't even go to Mumbai to make money.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    It's only because of foreigners that different nations are under the umbrella of "India".
    Same with Pakistanis too in that logic of umbrella, live and let live from the land of Scots,Irish and English

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The so called master countries which you mean the Arab's are a bigger mess then we are. I know enough about Sikhs to tell you they are full of themselves. India only talks them up so to keep them happy and keep a list on the Khalistan nonsense. This is FACT not judging or anything like that. From the days of the Moghul's to today the so call Sikh accomplishments are nothing.
    Like what? They have contributed immensely to India FYI, also they are a newer religion compared to others, so don't get all cocky.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Please, this is a joke if Indians are really getting riled up over this... Sidhu is right, he has more in common with Pakistanis than south Indians, whats wrong in admitting it ????? Indians are a lost cause in so many ways, just fricken move on and stop the whinging....

"Everything else seems so superfluous." ~ Albert Einstein on the Bhagavad-Gita

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Like what? They have contributed immensely to India FYI, also they are a newer religion compared to others, so don't get all cocky.
    So what if they are the newer religion? Is their any point you have to make here? I could not give two hoots about their contribution to India. Tell that to a Khalistani.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's great that East African asians avoided most of this bakwaas and carried on living together in their communities and not hating on each other.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have just heard Sidhu speaking when making his latest veiled attack on India! Good news is that he still understands the meaning of the South Indian "bhadakumm" Sounds like the "howzat" of Cricket!!
    What a sharmnak interpretation of Sidhu's comment.

If media blowing this out of proportion wasn't enough, now we have keyboard ninjas from across the border celebrating too.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackShadow View Post
    What a sharmnak interpretation of Sidhu's comment.

If media blowing this out of proportion wasn't enough, now we have keyboard ninjas from across the border celebrating too.
    You are right that Sidhu regularly humiliates India so why should Pakistanis not laugh There is nothing wrong with what he said at all, a Punjabi like him will naturally have much more common with Lahoris etc then the "vadakumm" type Indian's! This is exactly what he said so where is the misinterpretation? If I am a keyboard warrior then what are you?