Instagram


Pakistan World Cup 2019 Shirts

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 125
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    102,799
    Mentioned
    1847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

    Mir Hamza, the Test bowler

    Just one over and nothing too special from him.

    Impressions?


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    26,203
    Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He will get a chance to bowl.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    5,677
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did he get any movement in that one over?

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    2,012
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too early to pass judgment on him. He is similar to Abbas in terms of pace so in order for him to succeed at international level, he needs to replicate Abbas's accuracy with the ability to seam the ball both ways. He has the whole day tomorrow to show he can do that.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    13,783
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The angle of the seam will tell us pretty quickly if he has it or not.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    30,024
    Mentioned
    1008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    If he is 80% the bowler that Abbas is, we have a future great on our hands. However, if these two are going to open our bowling, we need a proper fast bowler to come on first change when we tour South Africa.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,262
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Judging a player from 1 over is like taking a bottle out of ocean and saying there aren't many fish in there.

    Let him bowl a bit more and we can see what he offers.
    In that one over, he was visibly nervous.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,262
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    If he is 80% the bowler that Abbas is, we have a future great on our hands. However, if these two are going to open our bowling, we need a proper fast bowler to come on first change when we tour South Africa.
    I certainly won't want Wahab Riaz in SA. In SA and England, having Wahab Riaz with 2 seamers will make the attack comprised of 2.5 bowlers. I would like to see Junaid Khan in SA. Hasan Ali, I am afraid, might not be a very good option in SA but that is just a subjective assessment.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    519
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Poor mans Sam Curran will be forgotten soon.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    737
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abbas
    Shaheen
    Hamza
    Hassan
    Amir/Junaid

    in SA

  11. #11
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    5,890
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giving him one over was the smart thing to do.

    It let him get his nerves out of the way and bowl his first over in international cricket, rather than having to wait until tomorrow. After that, it was wise to give the ball to Yasir given the context.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    15,680
    Mentioned
    703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Like I've been saying from a long time (after initially getting fooled by domestic videos).

    That's he's EXTREMELY average. Will not even make Bangla or IND bowling sides.

    Let alone a side like PAK with great bowling history and legacy! It's really a shame, huge SHAME we have people like Mir Hamza who are hyped up, and then selected in the national TEST team.


    This mediocrity needs to stop. Getting selected as a bowler for PAK has become too easy. Any gali mohalla bowler with some good videos on pathetic local pitches, poor balls gets selected.


    Mir Hamza, Ehsan Adil, belong in that poor category.

    Shaheen Afridi is also not that good.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    1,463
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Like I've been saying from a long time (after initially getting fooled by domestic videos).

    That's he's EXTREMELY average. Will not even make Bangla or IND bowling sides.

    Let alone a side like PAK with great bowling history and legacy! It's really a shame, huge SHAME we have people like Mir Hamza who are hyped up, and then selected in the national TEST team.


    This mediocrity needs to stop. Getting selected as a bowler for PAK has become too easy. Any gali mohalla bowler with some good videos on pathetic local pitches, poor balls gets selected.


    Mir Hamza, Ehsan Adil, belong in that poor category.

    Shaheen Afridi is also not that good.
    There is nothing wrong with testing young talent. Many posters were also critical of Abbas' selection when he was first selected for the Test side and he is now on the verge of breaking into the top 10 Test bowlers rankings.

    Abbas also didn't start his test career spectacularly but you are writing Hamza off after one over. I am not saying that Hamza will become a world class bowler, but there is no point in writing him off already. It's also better for us to test young talent as opposed to flogging a dead horse like Wahab Riaz.

    Shaheen is 18 years old so it is just as foolish of you to say that "he is not that good". No 18 year old bowler is the finished article so this is why he is learning and improving with the Pakistan Squad. Lets see where Shaheen is in 1 or 2 years time before judging his ability.

    I didn't expect such an ill informed post from someone with over 13000 posts.


    Aanay do!

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    11,766
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The poor kid has only bowled one over so far and the knives are already out.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    15,680
    Mentioned
    703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by as-95 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with testing young talent. Many posters were also critical of Abbas' selection when he was first selected for the Test side and he is now on the verge of breaking into the top 10 Test bowlers rankings.

    Abbas also didn't start his test career spectacularly but you are writing Hamza off after one over. I am not saying that Hamza will become a world class bowler, but there is no point in writing him off already. It's also better for us to test young talent as opposed to flogging a dead horse like Wahab Riaz.

    Shaheen is 18 years old so it is just as foolish of you to say that "he is not that good". No 18 year old bowler is the finished article so this is why he is learning and improving with the Pakistan Squad. Lets see where Shaheen is in 1 or 2 years time before judging his ability.

    I didn't expect such an ill informed post from someone with over 13000 posts.
    I respect your opinion.

    You don't 'randomly' test young talent, you give chances to players with potential.

    Abbas had it.

    I had said the same about Usman Shinwari, Nawaz, Imad, Anwar Ali, Talha, Ehsan Adil, Aizaz Cheema. They were all low quality, and no idea how they got selected as bowlers.

    But, now that Mir is selected, see what he does. Don't keep high hopes.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    30,024
    Mentioned
    1008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    I certainly won't want Wahab Riaz in SA. In SA and England, having Wahab Riaz with 2 seamers will make the attack comprised of 2.5 bowlers. I would like to see Junaid Khan in SA. Hasan Ali, I am afraid, might not be a very good option in SA but that is just a subjective assessment.
    Lol, I forgot about Amir. He's a must in South Africa, isn't he?

  17. #17
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    3,172
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    The poor kid has only bowled one over so far and the knives are already out.
    Even that one over was too much. I could tell after the first ball that he was rubbish. Even the run up was weak and unmanly. As I saw him trundle to the crease I thought where have we come as a great nation of fast bowlers? Akthar used to tear into batsmen with bare teeth every over, don't you remember? I really I don't understand why we keep giving chances to any old domestic trundler who happens to do epically well in just a few 54 domestic matches. I mean, what kind of system is this that operates systematically?
    Last edited by New Yorker; 16th October 2018 at 21:18.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    11,766
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Yorker View Post
    Even that one over was too much. I could tell after the first ball that he was rubbish. Even the run up was weak and unmanly. As I saw him trundle to the crease I thought where have we come as a great nation of fast bowlers? Akthar used to tear into batsmen with bare teeth every over, don't you remember? I really I don't understand why we keep giving chances to any old domestic trundler who happens to do epically well in just a few 54 domestic matches. I mean, what kind of system is this that operates systematically?
    your sarcasm cracked me up.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    3,437
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Like I've been saying from a long time (after initially getting fooled by domestic videos).

    That's he's EXTREMELY average. Will not even make Bangla or IND bowling sides.

    Let alone a side like PAK with great bowling history and legacy! It's really a shame, huge SHAME we have people like Mir Hamza who are hyped up, and then selected in the national TEST team.


    This mediocrity needs to stop. Getting selected as a bowler for PAK has become too easy. Any gali mohalla bowler with some good videos on pathetic local pitches, poor balls gets selected.


    Mir Hamza, Ehsan Adil, belong in that poor category.

    Shaheen Afridi is also not that good.
    You must have some personal issues with Hamza or you don’t know much about cricket . After performing brilliantly in FC season over the years he earned a test call and bowled just one over and you are so harsh in criticizing him, amazing.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,262
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Lol, I forgot about Amir. He's a must in South Africa, isn't he?
    Don't really know what sort of form he is in or he will be. If he doesn't get wickets then he is not good enough.

  21. #21
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    26,023
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    The poor kid has only bowled one over so far and the knives are already out.
    I was thinking that. I don't exactly hold out that much hope for him either, seems to me he is one of those who needs a certain type of ball to get much movement, but he deserves a chance. You never know, even if he is medium pace, if he can get some late swing or seam he could do some damage.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  22. #22
    Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    5,271
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He's bowled one over. He has looked nothing special but he has still only bowled 1 over. Lets see how he does tomorrow.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    26,302
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arm Chair Critics out in full effect...I don't care if he is the second coming of Muddasar Nazar, if Pak management thinks he is worthy of being given a chance, then let him bowl 5-10 overs to see if his nerves settle down and he bowls any better.

    On this dead pitch, it is quite hard to really show your whole worth in your first over in Test cricket; plus, it is not like Starc and Siddle were breathing fire from their mouth and chomping on our batsmen's arms and legs or something :-)

  24. #24
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    30,818
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Domestic players are like he is like a left handed version of abbass, relentless with his line and length. Can only be a good thing then.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Madison, Wi ,US
    Runs
    1,187
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously man just 6 balls and few posters here already judged him trundler who I am sure cannot ball and underarm delivery.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    11,766
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    I was thinking that. I don't exactly hold out that much hope for him either, seems to me he is one of those who needs a certain type of ball to get much movement, but he deserves a chance. You never know, even if he is medium pace, if he can get some late swing or seam he could do some damage.
    The kid must have been nervous and nerves can affect people in so many ways. For a bowler it can cause you to tighten the grip on the ball or make your wrist less supple... it could affect the way you run in etc etc

    That’s why I never judge a bowler after just one over especially when you know you’ll only get a couple of overs at max and there is pressure on you to pick up a wicket or make sure you don’t get taken for a couple of boundaries.

    Pakistan first class cricket is poor. Poor pitches and poor balls but to back the players who perform in FC is the right way to go. Hopefully with an improving first class system we produce better cricketers...
    But for the moment, his selection is justified due to his FC performances.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    11,021
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regardless of what he does he deserved to be selected. The guy has phenomenal stats.

    Unlike some other favourites this guy has toiled in domestic cricket.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    21,493
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He. bowled. just. one. over.
    Lets come back to this tomorrow

  29. #29
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    555
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He's bowled six deliveries, that's 5 more than we need to deduce that he's simply the worst bowler Pakistan has ever produced in history

    /s

  30. #30
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,203
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetSmart View Post
    Seriously man just 6 balls and few posters here already judged him trundler who I am sure cannot ball and underarm delivery.
    A judge does not have to commit a crime to judge a criminal.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    102,799
    Mentioned
    1847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Let's see how he bowls today


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  32. #32
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    102,799
    Mentioned
    1847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Not super quick but good enough, hope he gets his first wicket soon


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  33. #33
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Los Angeles
    Runs
    543
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SO far doing better than Wahab

  34. #34
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Almere, Netherlands
    Runs
    1,122
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty unfair to let a guy like him who is a swing bowler and bowls medium pace, to debut in UAE. He could be really useful for the SA tour, but might discarded before that.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    25,180
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Started poorly but now finding his area.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    626
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring back Fazl e Akbar

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    2,537
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fantastic bowler. Very nice tight lines and length and a solid medium pacer (though 85mph is not slow)

    It doesn’t matter if he gets wickets right now what I love is his partnership with abbas and Yasir helps to dry up runs and build pressure

  38. #38
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    9,934
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pretty good control. Smart bowler.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    23,775
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a good spell.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    18,129
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bowled well. Tight line and length. Helped build pressure for the other bowlers to strike.


  41. #41
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    5,890
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 161 View Post
    Bowled well. Tight line and length. Helped build pressure for the other bowlers to strike.
    Pretty much. No wickets as of yet but other than his first couple of overs he gave nothing away.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    5,677
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Any kind of movement from him?

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    12,521
    Mentioned
    1892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Like I've been saying from a long time (after initially getting fooled by domestic videos).

    That's he's EXTREMELY average. Will not even make Bangla or IND bowling sides.

    Let alone a side like PAK with great bowling history and legacy! It's really a shame, huge SHAME we have people like Mir Hamza who are hyped up, and then selected in the national TEST team.


    This mediocrity needs to stop. Getting selected as a bowler for PAK has become too easy. Any gali mohalla bowler with some good videos on pathetic local pitches, poor balls gets selected.


    Mir Hamza, Ehsan Adil, belong in that poor category.

    Shaheen Afridi is also not that good.
    Ehsan Adil should go to South Africa: he did well there as an Under 19 and is bowling beautifully currently.

    His height and Shaheen’s height and pace could be crucial in South Africa.

    Abbas and Shaheen can attack from one end, while Amir and Faheem dry up the other. With Shadab for a bit of variation.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    14,250
    Mentioned
    696 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Pretty good control. Smart bowler.
    Surprised that you rate him. Looked average.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    304
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seam position was very great.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    15,680
    Mentioned
    703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Ehsan Adil should go to South Africa: he did well there as an Under 19 and is bowling beautifully currently.

    His height and Shaheen’s height and pace could be crucial in South Africa.

    Abbas and Shaheen can attack from one end, while Amir and Faheem dry up the other. With Shadab for a bit of variation.
    Ehsan is tall, that's the only thing going for him.

    Just that's not enough. If you're tall, you should either have pace, ability to move the ball, or ideally both.

    Ehsan can't bowl fast or move the ball.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    646
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hamza kept it tight and did not leak runs. Its his first game and he is a swing bowler more suited to other venues.

    All in all, better than Wahab.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    4,480
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he has control which lead Abbas to attack more , I like this guy but Junaid would be even better


    Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

  49. #49
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    1,485
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir and Junaid both are must in South Africa.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    30,024
    Mentioned
    1008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arehaan View Post
    Amir and Junaid both are must in South Africa.
    Abbas, Amir, Hamza, Junaid and Shaheen as the specialist pace bowlers; Yasir Shah and Bilal Asif as the spinners; and Faheem as the all-rounder option.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  51. #51
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    25,057
    Mentioned
    1920 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Hamza's FC record is almost insane, like Lohmans & Ferries from 100+ years back; therefore I am sure he has some quality. If not pace, guy must be capable of putting his ball at right place for PAK domestic wicket to earn him an average in 17s for like close to 300 wickets; but here in UAE wicket is completely different. I did see him for 2-3 overs, and I guess on wickets like IND's last Test at J'burg, he can be quite handy, because he has left-armer's out swing.

    Amir, Shahin, Abbas - Hasan, Hamza & JK or may be one more young kid like Sameen or even Arshad will be my 6 picks for SAF. That 6th spot previously was for Wahab, but ......

  52. #52
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    21,493
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I didn’t see the days play. Comments here indicate he bowled good lines. Still has the second innings to get over the debut nerves

  53. #53
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    3,172
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Ehsan is tall, that's the only thing going for him.

    Just that's not enough. If you're tall, you should either have pace, ability to move the ball, or ideally both.

    Ehsan can't bowl fast or move the ball.
    Ehsan has no 10 fers in FC cricket, like Rahat. It suggest to me an inability to sustain performance. Both Hamza and Abbas have bucketloads of 10 fers.

  54. #54
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    9,934
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Surprised that you rate him. Looked average.
    He is average. Just a smart bowler than can be dangerous when there's juice in the pitch or conditions for swing because he has good control.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  55. #55
    Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    5,271
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    So far he has looked bang average. But cannot draw conclusions yet. Lets see how he does in the next innings.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    13,778
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Just one over and nothing too special from him.
    PP in a nutshell


    "When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

  57. #57
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    30,818
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He is a green top bowler based on what we have seen.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    561
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I respect your opinion.

    You don't 'randomly' test young talent, you give chances to players with potential.

    Abbas had it.

    I had said the same about Usman Shinwari, Nawaz, Imad, Anwar Ali, Talha, Ehsan Adil, Aizaz Cheema. They were all low quality, and no idea how they got selected as bowlers.

    But, now that Mir is selected, see what he does. Don't keep high hopes.
    Why is Shinwari low quality? Just because he went for a few in Asia cup. What about his performances prior to that. Give him some time, will you.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    15,680
    Mentioned
    703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Third Man View Post
    Why is Shinwari low quality? Just because he went for a few in Asia cup. What about his performances prior to that. Give him some time, will you.
    If you consider Umar Gul as a quality bowler, then you may consider Shinwari to be one as well.

    He tries to follow Gul in every way, even action. But skill wise, he's way below a peak Gul, in a nutshell a poor man's Umar Gul.

    Happy to give him more time, will only increase his critics base.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    71,581
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Give him time.

    Judge him after a few matches, give the guy a chance.



  61. #61
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    14,370
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope he does better in the 2nd innings as knowing our selectors if he doesn't take a wicket he may not be in the squad for the next series. One thing is for certain, his selection was definitely on merit. Great FC stats.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    12,519
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a bad way to get your first wicket

  63. #63
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    25,180
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    One of the balls of the series for me, his wicket of Shaun Marsh.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    5,677
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ball of the series , Better than any delivery bowled by M.Starc.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    5,677
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Will only get better under M.Abbas company , should be persisted for next 5 tests.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    3,711
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hopefully manages to squeeze out respectable numbers against New Zealand, he should be a handful in South Africa along with Abbas

  67. #67
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    25,180
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypathan View Post
    hopefully manages to squeeze out respectable numbers against New Zealand, he should be a handful in South Africa along with Abbas
    Looking at the lengths he hits, He will be a real asset in SA, I am sure.

  68. #68
    Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    5,271
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Has bowled much better this innings but he hasn't been accurate enough. Bowls a loose delivery or two every over to release the pressure.

  69. #69
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    26,023
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Pleased for him that he got a wicket, and that too a very decent delivery. I'm yet to be convinced he has the tools at the top level, but he does seem to have the ability to move the ball. Perhaps with the confidence of a wicket behind him we'll start to see him produce some more variety and we'll start seeing some of those late swinging deliveries which were knocking around on the videos posted here a couple of years ago...although there was talk that it was down to the different balls used in Pak domestic cricket.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  70. #70
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,567
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those that have seen both Mir Hamza and Sadaf Hussain in domestic cricket, what is the major difference between the two ? Both have pretty similar records, and it appears that both bowl at the same speed. Why was one selected and the other consistently overlooked ?

  71. #71
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    8,876
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    In SA will be the real test.

    Abbas
    Hamza
    Shaheen
    Hasan.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Los Angeles
    Runs
    543
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Monetarist View Post
    For those that have seen both Mir Hamza and Sadaf Hussain in domestic cricket, what is the major difference between the two ? Both have pretty similar records, and it appears that both bowl at the same speed. Why was one selected and the other consistently overlooked ?
    Mir is the quicker one. Sadaf has more control.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    4
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mir bowls with in 125-135 kph, so sadaf was even slower than that? No wonder he was never selected.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    31,171
    Mentioned
    1044 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Good seam control. A few loose deliveries but got Marsh out with a beauty.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    30,818
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Give him a pitch with a little bit for the opening bowlers and he will show you what he is made off. His domestic stats cannot lie.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Los Angeles
    Runs
    543
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haseeb-Ur-Rehman View Post
    Mir bowls with in 125-135 kph, so sadaf was even slower than that? No wonder he was never selected.
    Hussain can bowl 130 kmph. He has a lot of control. His average and stats make him deserve to be in the Test team. He is really economical too. Control, line, length, and economy are main proponents of Test cricket success. Fast pace means nothing when batsmen can score easily off you, vis-a-vis Hasan Ali, Mohammad Amir, Wahab Arias, Rahat Ali..

    Sadaf will be a good new ball bowler. His action is quite great for the long-term. Not too straining on the body which means he can squeeze a decade at the international level. Like I said. Stopping runs and bowling good deliveries gets you wickets in Tests. Spraying crap 140 kmph deliveries all over the place gets you no where.

    You need bowlers with brains. Sadaf is that type of bowler.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    11,021
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh boy what would this guy do in the UK and SA?

    He is a gem. Hopefully they persist with him. His FC stats are phenomenal and he has mostly bowled on the grounds of KHI.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    30,024
    Mentioned
    1008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GLORY OF '92 View Post
    In SA will be the real test.

    Abbas
    Hamza
    Shaheen
    Hasan.
    Too inexperienced. This should be the attack:

    Amir - New ball
    Abbas - New ball/old ball
    Junaid/Hasan - first-change/old ball
    Shah - spinner
    Haris - part-timer

    Hamza - backup/starter if they need four pacers
    Shaheen - backup


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  79. #79
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,148
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    They need to bring in the pacers earlier. 22 is a good age.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    838
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GLORY OF '92 View Post
    In SA will be the real test.

    Abbas
    Hamza
    Shaheen
    Hasan.
    Amir will be back for South Africa tour. It will be:

    Abbas
    Amir
    Hamza
    Hasan


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •