Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan has started producing some real quality medium-pacers. Major shift in the old tradition of producing pace-heavy bowlers.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    26 Thread(s)
    The delivery to get Shaun Marsh was an absolute beauty - too good for him.

The lad has bowled some good deliveries and I think he deserves more time.

I'd like to see what he can do in South Africa.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    Pakistan has started producing some real quality medium-pacers. Major shift in the old tradition of producing pace-heavy bowlers.
    As long as they are keep picking wickets at a healthy strike rate. We don't care at what pace they bowl

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Especially if they can run through the tail quickly enough.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    Pace is not important now days after the advent of T20s batsmen are not afraid even if they are facing 150ks thunder bolts.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But consistent 140ks with both swing / seam is definitely far better than 155ks gun barrel straight. But no doubt any bowl above 150ks is damn exciting to watch.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    one good ball is not enough; this is Pakistan national team; he needs to do more

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alized View Post
    Mir is the quicker one. Sadaf has more control.
    I believe Sadaf is also taller, second tallest bowler in domestics after Irfan. He would be very good in SA. I do feel that his form may have waned a bit in the last year, I am not sure, but he's still taking wickets by the bucket load in FC cricket, got 8 in his last outing, outbowled Sameen Gul and got Shan Masood's scalp.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Monetarist View Post
    For those that have seen both Mir Hamza and Sadaf Hussain in domestic cricket, what is the major difference between the two ? Both have pretty similar records, and it appears that both bowl at the same speed. Why was one selected and the other consistently overlooked ?
    Sadaf was not of international standard, a good FC bowler in helpful R'Pindi wicket.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muhammad saad View Post
    As long as they are keep picking wickets at a healthy strike rate. We don't care at what pace they bowl
    I was never insinuating that their lack of pace is bad. Merely pointing out the change in trend.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A trundler with limited skills.should be no where near the team

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One loose delivery every over it seems.

That has to change given his whole modus operandi is offering control.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not all L&L merchants will be Abbas you can afford only one such bowler in a line up. No future unfortunatley.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seems who has less control and less speed,for this speed he needs control otherwise would be discarded soo.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope he can take another wicket in this match, and Abbas to get the other one so he can get his 5-fer. Based on what others have been saying, seems like he's been throwing down some average balls.

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Well he deserves a couple of matches to prove himself I guess but I don't have much hope for him. At least not at the moment. He doesn't have enough control for someone who bowls at 130 kph and hasn't produced enough good deliveries apart from that Marsh wicket.

Though I wouldn't write him off permanently. There are some players out there who need more than 3-4 matches to get going.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Only 1 game but has habit like rahat and sami to bowl 1 boundary ball and over which you cant do.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Sadaf was not of international standard, a good FC bowler in helpful R'Pindi wicket.
    What does that mean exactly ? I want to know the difference between Sadaf and Hamza in terms of bowling style and performance ? I've only seen some short clips of both bowlers in the past and there doesn't seem to be any significant variation in quality or method. If you think Sadaf isn't international standard, what propels Hamza to leap over that particular barrier between first-class and international cricket ?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    Only 1 game but has habit like rahat and sami to bowl 1 boundary ball and over which you cant do.
    Could be just debut pressure of his first game, any new player should get a couple of games to show what he can do, but with a series abroad coming up you could understand if the selectors would rather go for tried and tested bowlers like Amir or Junaid, even if their record has been patchy at times.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    694 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Folks are just not ready to accept the harsh reality.

Not good enough.

"Deserves more chances". Sure he does now that he has debuted.. so let's see.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He bowls too many four bowls which will cost us massively in fast scoring grounds of SA. However it could be that he was nervous on debut and we didnt see his best.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Has a fluent action. Deserves more match time.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Treatment of Mir Hamza by Sarfaraz is pathetic

Sarfraz drop Mir Hamza from test team after playing only 1 test If you select a youngster you should give him at least more than 1 chance to prove himself. Sarfraz was horribly cruel against Mir Hamza. I wish no youngster has to go through with the ordeal which Sarfraz forced on Mir Hamza.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    Sarfraz drop Mir Hamza from test team after playing only 1 test If you select a youngster you should give him at least more than 1 chance to prove himself. Sarfraz was horribly cruel against Mir Hamza. I wish no youngster has to go through with the ordeal which Sarfraz forced on Mir Hamza.
    So which of Abbas or Hasan would you have dropped to accommodate him?

Or would you like to play three pacers on a turning track?

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    So which of Abbas or Hasan would you have dropped to accommodate him?

Or would you like to play three pacers on a turning track?
    Hasan/Bilal should not have been selected in this test; when you are committed to give chance to a newbie (Mir Hamza) you cannot drop him after only 1 game

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hasan/Bilal should not have been selected in this test; when you are committed to give chance to a newbie (Mir Hamza) you cannot drop him after only 1 game
    So you would have not played the best bowler, or you would have played three pacers. Got it.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    So you would have not played the best bowler, or you would have played three pacers. Got it.
    of course genius; seems like you knew before the match that Hasan will be the best bowler of the match and Mir Hamza would not have replicate the same performance d you have lotto numbers for future lottery DA?
    Last edited by srh; 19th November 2018 at 20:47.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    of course genius; seems like you knew before the match that Hasan will be the best bowler of the match and Mir Hamza would not have replicate the same performance d you have lotto numbers for future lottery DA?

Don't rate Mir Hamza as a bowler for UAE, wouldn't have debuted him against Australia either. Hasan is more likely than him to succeed in a variety of conditions.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    694 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mir Hamza is not good enough.

The complaining isn't really warranted @srh .. he'd be back to domestics soon.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Mir Hamza is not good enough.

The complaining isn't really warranted @srh .. he'd be back to domestics soon.
    Disgrace that he was allowed to play even the second innings of his first Test. Seen a pace bowler for 27 overs in the UAE and you have seen enough, I always say. Should just have kneecapped him on the pitch or something. Put him out of his misery. The real outrage of his selection is that we put any faith in this rubbish domestic system of ours, I mean when trundlers like this guy Abbas can take wickets for fun there, how good could someone like Hamza be, if he was the only other bowler in domestics with a record close to Abbas? Unfathomable why he was selected.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    694 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Yorker View Post
    Disgrace that he was allowed to play even the second innings of his first Test. Seen a pace bowler for 27 overs in the UAE and you have seen enough, I always say. Should just have kneecapped him on the pitch or something. Put him out of his misery. The real outrage of his selection is that we put any faith in this rubbish domestic system of ours, I mean when trundlers like this guy Abbas can take wickets for fun there, how good could someone like Hamza be, if he was the only other bowler in domestics with a record close to Abbas? Unfathomable why he was selected.
    Come on now New Yorker.

Don't have to be so emotional.

I respect your opinion but you'll see what he's made of. Maybe he'll surprise me , or you. ;)

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Inzimam-ul-Haq made a blunder in not selecting Mir Hamza for this test tour

Mir Hamza would have been more successful on this South Africa tour. His bowling suit the conditions. Blunder by Inzimam.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Mir Hamza is average. He doesn't offer any unique quality to the bowling lineup.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mir Hamza would have been more successful on this South Africa tour. His bowling suit the conditions. Blunder by Inzimam.
    I think you're overreacting. I found Mir Hamza to be quite average and certainly he's no better than Abbas, Amir, or Shaheen.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no he is also a trundler just like many others....we need 145+ bowler (exc Wahab)

Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @srh

Waste of time convincing here. There are certain Ppers who would shamelessly brag about Amir's runs conceded or remain obsessed with speed.How many fast bowlers take many wickets if there length is not up to mark.

Amir himself is proven them wrong by bowling at 128 km/hr and remained crap with the new ball.

Have been saying from the beginning Sarfraz was right to pick Hamza, would've been fantastic here bowling full of length and moving both ways. Needed someone who can bowl in the right areas where Hamza is a handful. Picking Amir is one of the reasons for the series loss, completely failed to lead the bowling although was given the role as frontline bowler.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by unemployedgm View Post
    I think Mir Hamza is average. He doesn't offer any unique quality to the bowling lineup.
    Mir Hamza is definitely not average in first class cricket. He has been one of the best bowlers of domestic first class cricket for quite some time and also has performed admirably on Pakistan A tours of first class.

Quote Originally Posted by unemployedgm View Post
    He doesn't offer any unique quality to the bowling lineup.
    He is a left hand fast bowler who can move ball both ways. Thats a unique quality which is currently missing in the bowling lineup.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    694 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Very very very poor, average bowler and a trundler who even beats Abbas at trundling.

110 to 120kph test level.

No skills with the kookaburra.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very very very poor, average bowler and a trundler who even beats Abbas at trundling.

110 to 120 kph ?you are getting worse by each day .if he has skill like abbas or philander i would take his speed .

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    110 to 120 kph ?you are getting worse by each day .if he has skill like abbas or philander i would take his speed .
    Hamza is awesome with conventional swing and sideways movement . South Africa tour was for him to settle his place in the team. Micki Arthur had other ideas. Amir will eventually cost Micki more than Sarfraz as Micki has twice shot himself in the foot by taking Amir twice. First was the Sri Lanka tour of UAE 2017 where he brought in Amir and this will be another series. Both series Amir's pace and swing were garbage. Both times he failed the team. Mir Hamza atleast bowled well with the new bowl.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khwaja78 View Post
    Hamza is awesome with conventional swing and sideways movement . South Africa tour was for him to settle his place in the team. Micki Arthur had other ideas. Amir will eventually cost Micki more than Sarfraz as Micki has twice shot himself in the foot by taking Amir twice. First was the Sri Lanka tour of UAE 2017 where he brought in Amir and this will be another series. Both series Amir's pace and swing were garbage. Both times he failed the team. Mir Hamza atleast bowled well with the new bowl.
    Totally agree with this .if any other bowler was given the same favouritism or preference like amir he would have performed way better than him.hamza is typical test type bowler who can be very good in helpful condition like Sa

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

110-120 is highly exaggerated, he bowls 128-130 the same as Abbas but unlike Abbas he runs in and grunts like he is putting in all the effort in the world to deliver a thunderbolt.

Didn't even seem remotely as accurate as Abbas as well.

Average and mediocre trundler.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Needless bump. He wouldn’t have made a difference.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Certainly not a bad option under these conditions.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't personally think he would have a made much of a difference.