Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 241 to 301 of 301
  1. #241
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    23,399
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Labuschagne coming on to show Yasir how to bowl

  2. #242
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    12,141
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The danger man Labuschagne is on now.

  3. #243
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    659
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Current Run Rate
    4.22

    Really! that's like dream comes true.

  4. #244
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    607
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we going to see a debut century?

  5. #245
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,518
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way these two are batting, expect us to end the day with a lead of around 280. The plan should be to bat two more sessions tomorrow and get a lead of around 450 and put the Australians in straight after tea. Don't want a repeat of what happened in Dubai where we ran out of overs to bowl them out.

  6. #246
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    5,297
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shane warne is on.

  7. #247
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    5,297
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Missed stumping by Paine.

    Fakhar needs to remember there's more than three days to go.

  8. #248
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    4,336
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want Leggie to get hammered


    Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

  9. #249
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    5,537
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yasir needs to get himself together before NZ tests, Labuschagne has completely outbowled him through out the two tests

  10. #250
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    23,604
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Yasir needs to get himself together before NZ tests, Labuschagne has completely outbowled him through out the two tests
    And he is a part timer. Yasir has been useless ever since his overseas tours to Eng and Australia.

  11. #251
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    2,365
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yasir is on the decline

    His leggie doesn't spin. He doesn't have any drift anymore and no other variations

    Completed outbowled by the part timer

  12. #252
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    2,717
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    Why does Azhar look as if he's in the form of his life? Timing everything sweetly.
    He's actually a very good player.

    Openers who average 40+ in Tests in Ozand UAE, who also made valuable knocks in England Test wins don't grow on trees you know. He'd probably walk into almost every Test team right now as opener. Eng, NZ or WI would have him. He'd be in the mix for this Oz team at #3 as well.

  13. #253
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    23,555
    Mentioned
    1784 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Monetarist View Post
    The way these two are batting, expect us to end the day with a lead of around 280. The plan should be to bat two more sessions tomorrow and get a lead of around 450 and put the Australians in straight after tea. Don't want a repeat of what happened in Dubai where we ran out of overs to bowl them out.
    Ideally, PAK should bat sometimes on 4th morning and use the heaviest roller before 4th day play, that'll break the wicket & bring whatever moisture beneath on top surface. But, don't think it matters much - Sarfraz can declare on 3rd lunch & still AUS will lose comfortably here; it's completely different wicket than what we have seen in Abu Dhabi.

    That suggests, the sluggish wicket in UAE might be PCB's demand so that Test game can last till 14-15th session; otherwise preparing an under-prepared track shouldn't be big issue.

  14. #254
    Debut
    Apr 2014
    Venue
    Kuwait
    Runs
    2,069
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Yasir needs to get himself together before NZ tests, Labuschagne has completely outbowled him through out the two tests
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    And he is a part timer. Yasir has been useless ever since his overseas tours to Eng and Australia.
    has be modified his action by any chance...he looks weaponless now a days.


    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

  15. #255
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    23,555
    Mentioned
    1784 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theariezman View Post
    has be modified his action by any chance...he looks weaponless now a days.
    Natural decline from aging - he is at the OFFICIAL age when most PAK bowlers start to retire. He was introduced at least 5 years later after probably 270 FC wickets.

  16. #256
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    12,141
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrongun View Post
    He's actually a very good player.

    Openers who average 40+ in Tests in Ozand UAE, who also made valuable knocks in England Test wins don't grow on trees you know. He'd probably walk into almost every Test team right now as opener. Eng, NZ or WI would have him. He'd be in the mix for this Oz team at #3 as well.
    I don't disagree but before this innings he'd been averaging 12 over the past 11 innings, so clearly in a bad rut.

  17. #257
    Debut
    Sep 2009
    Venue
    Great Pakistan
    Runs
    20,335
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    superb catch


    Hey Jazba Junoon to himat na haar.......

  18. #258
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    12,141
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost identical dismissal to Azhar's dismissal in the first innings.

  19. #259
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    8,669
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Wow what a catch. Fakhar hammered that. Great innings though.

  20. #260
    Debut
    Apr 2014
    Venue
    Kuwait
    Runs
    2,069
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imshally81 View Post
    superb catch
    indeed and a lucky one


    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

  21. #261
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    23,399
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Golden pair loool

  22. #262
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    12,141
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edged by Haris but he's lucky to survive.

    Would have been a king pair for him.

  23. #263
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    1,799
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Monetarist View Post
    The way these two are batting, expect us to end the day with a lead of around 280. The plan should be to bat two more sessions tomorrow and get a lead of around 450 and put the Australians in straight after tea. Don't want a repeat of what happened in Dubai where we ran out of overs to bowl them out.
    You do realize that means 210 overs???? Are you sure Australia won't score 450 runs if they batted 210 overs?

  24. #264
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    5,297
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    Almost identical dismissal to Azhar's dismissal in the first innings.
    No. This catch was on another level.

  25. #265
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    103,920
    Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hope we dont get snail like batting now like we did from these two in last test match.

  26. #266
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    5,297
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is Maxwell on the field? He isn't part of the squad.

  27. #267
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    103,920
    Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    No. This catch was on another level.
    If he missed he would have no teeth left.

  28. #268
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,518
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    You do realize that means 210 overs???? Are you sure Australia won't score 450 runs if they batted 210 overs?
    Yes, I can count. I'd rather dangle a carrot, rather than inviting them to shut up shop by setting an unrealistic target such as 550 over 5 sessions. We saw last time around that they can survive for 140 overs or so. Better to have that insurance, although this seems a better wicket than the one seen in Dubai.

  29. #269
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    4,336
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wickets coming guys-fasten your seat belts


    Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

  30. #270
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,518
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Ideally, PAK should bat sometimes on 4th morning and use the heaviest roller before 4th day play, that'll break the wicket & bring whatever moisture beneath on top surface. But, don't think it matters much - Sarfraz can declare on 3rd lunch & still AUS will lose comfortably here; it's completely different wicket than what we have seen in Abu Dhabi.

    That suggests, the sluggish wicket in UAE might be PCB's demand so that Test game can last till 14-15th session; otherwise preparing an under-prepared track shouldn't be big issue.
    Agree that this seems a better wicket than the one we saw in Dubai, but why feel the need to prolong matters ? If I were a bowler, I'd be raring to get back at the Australians as soon as possible. A lead of 450 should be more than enough.

  31. #271
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    19,203
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Monetarist View Post
    Yes, I can count. I'd rather dangle a carrot, rather than inviting them to shut up shop by setting an unrealistic target such as 550 over 5 sessions. We saw last time around that they can survive for 140 overs or so. Better to have that insurance, although this seems a better wicket than the one seen in Dubai.
    If you can't bowl out a side in 160-180 overs then you may as well not bother. Set them a trillion runs instead of doing something silly like worrying about dangling carrots.

  32. #272
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    103,920
    Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Azhar gone into block mode, will be out soon

  33. #273
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    1,799
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    If you can't bowl out a side in 160-180 overs then you may as well not bother. Set them a trillion runs instead of doing something silly like worrying about dangling carrots.
    Lol. Who on earth worries about running out of overs to bowl out the opposition on Day 3 at tea?

  34. #274
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,518
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    If you can't bowl out a side in 160-180 overs then you may as well not bother. Set them a trillion runs instead of doing something silly like worrying about dangling carrots.
    I'd flip that around by stating that if a side can't defend 450 in the fourth innings of a test match, then they might as well not bother either. Australia would want Pakistan to bat as long as possible here, preferably till the second half of Day 4.

  35. #275
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    19,203
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Teams have batted 900 balls (150 six ball overs) in the 4th innings 16 times in the history of test cricket. The most recent time was in 1995.


    Thinking about declarations already is stupid.

  36. #276
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,518
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    Lol. Who on earth worries about running out of overs to bowl out the opposition on Day 3 at tea?
    That was the whole point. Declare at tea by Day 3, you should have enough runs to play with. I'd rather the bowlers get some overs to bowl at the Australians tomorrow. If we bat till lunch till Day 4, the Australians will have some modicum of belief in saving the test match, given that they did it last week.

  37. #277
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,518
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    Teams have batted 900 balls (150 six ball overs) in the 4th innings 16 times in the history of test cricket. The most recent time was in 1995.


    Thinking about declarations already is stupid.
    Again, no team has chased over 418 in history.

  38. #278
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    103,920
    Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Haris looking awful against Lyon and riding his luck!

  39. #279
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    23,555
    Mentioned
    1784 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Monetarist View Post
    Agree that this seems a better wicket than the one we saw in Dubai, but why feel the need to prolong matters ? If I were a bowler, I'd be raring to get back at the Australians as soon as possible. A lead of 450 should be more than enough.
    PAK drew Dubai Test because Think Tank wasn't confident enough - they were more concern about AUS chasing 463 rather than PAK taking 10 wickets in 140 overs, therefore for first 2 sessions, field setting was in between Test & ODI.

    This time, I expect if possible a lead of may be 575 will give Sarfraz enough confidence to put 4 men at catching & 4 others to save singles. If that's possible by Tea on Day 3, no issues, otherwise I'll keep batting till 35 minutes before lunch on Day 4, which should leave 155+ overs and an asking of 3.5+

  40. #280
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    1,401
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is Waqar Younus even saying.

    "Azhar when he started the innings was batting at 50 S/R. But since Falhar got our his S/R has dropped quite a bit"

    Azhar is batting at 49-50 atm.

  41. #281
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    103,920
    Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    last 10 overs 19 runs... always happens with Azhar. starts to go into block mode and bring inns to a halt.

  42. #282
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    8,669
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Yes! Come on Azhar we need you back.

  43. #283
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    103,920
    Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Azhar saves his place for another few tests....

  44. #284
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    5,297
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARK Rafay View Post
    What is Waqar Younus even saying.

    "Azhar when he started the innings was batting at 50 S/R. But since Falhar got our his S/R has dropped quite a bit"

    Azhar is batting at 49-50 atm.
    It has dropped since Fakhar got out. It's currently 46.

  45. #285
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    733
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    Azhar saves his place for another few tests....
    but who is other test player that will selecting instead

  46. #286
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    659
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Azhar survived this time

  47. #287
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    103,920
    Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Current partnership 37 off 18 overs again, why the go slow!

  48. #288
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    103,920
    Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    PAK drew Dubai Test because Think Tank wasn't confident enough - they were more concern about AUS chasing 463 rather than PAK taking 10 wickets in 140 overs, therefore for first 2 sessions, field setting was in between Test & ODI.

    This time, I expect if possible a lead of may be 575 will give Sarfraz enough confidence to put 4 men at catching & 4 others to save singles. If that's possible by Tea on Day 3, no issues, otherwise I'll keep batting till 35 minutes before lunch on Day 4, which should leave 155+ overs and an asking of 3.5+
    At current snails pace of azhar and sohail it will take at least another 2 days just to get another 200/250 runs!

  49. #289
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    8,669
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    Current partnership 37 off 18 overs again, why the go slow!
    Lack of understanding. Pitch is difficult and Lyon is bowling well. Why risk giving Australia a 350 target when we have so much time.

  50. #290
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    29,695
    Mentioned
    999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    Current partnership 37 off 18 overs again, why the go slow!
    They were riding their luck a bit towards the end against Nathan Lyon who was getting some sharp turn. They probably wanted to see out the day close to stumps.

    You can't have too many complaints given we were 57-5 on Day 1 staring down the barrel. This has been an excellent turnaround.

  51. #291
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    3,935
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, the opening pair in test for Pakistan is if Imam and Fakhar. Will the selectors show some guts to drop Hafeez?

  52. #292
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    24,243
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    PAK drew Dubai Test because Think Tank wasn't confident enough - they were more concern about AUS chasing 463 rather than PAK taking 10 wickets in 140 overs, therefore for first 2 sessions, field setting was in between Test & ODI.

    This time, I expect if possible a lead of may be 575 will give Sarfraz enough confidence to put 4 men at catching & 4 others to save singles. If that's possible by Tea on Day 3, no issues, otherwise I'll keep batting till 35 minutes before lunch on Day 4, which should leave 155+ overs and an asking of 3.5+
    Obviously running out of time in the first test will have stung the think tank following the criticism, so this time they are not going to be so cautious again. That is the problem with the think tank really, they are always reactive instead of positive. Pakistan should have been going into this game with the prospect of a 2-0 lead but for that fear of losing.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  53. #293
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    23,555
    Mentioned
    1784 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GLORY OF '92 View Post
    Lack of understanding. Pitch is difficult and Lyon is bowling well. Why risk giving Australia a 350 target when we have so much time.
    The biggest trap in Test cricket is that when you think there is too much time & you can keep batting (blocking) on. It doesn't happen like that - batsmen will get out, therefore one must look for runs. Not saying, go after bowling blindly & Aussies won't make it easy by keeping defensive field & bowling on negative line, but one has to find a way to keep on scoring.

    If Azhar & Haris keep doing this tomorrow morning, there is more chance that the target indeed will be around 350 - couple of wickets & new batsmen in, AUS will tighten screw & PAK might fail to match 1st innings total. Here AUS is facing a daunting task, need to make them feel hope less. PAK can declare tomorrow morning & AUS won't chase the target on this wicket for sure; but intention should be to dominate, not survival.

    I gave a classic example last year - in 1st Test (actually both), PAK batted much longer than SRL, but hardly with any intention to score; and finally SRL won by 20 or so margin (& PAK probably batted 20 more overs). "There is no pressure of maintaining RR in Test cricket" - is the biggest mistake of the longer game.

  54. #294
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    1,401
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Something View Post
    I'd prefer we humiliate them and make them stand in the heat for as long as possible. Bat at a run rate of 1/2 per over if required. Just leave them out in the sun for two days and watch them crumble.
    That's more like it. I like it


    If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

  55. #295
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    97,101
    Mentioned
    1752 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One of those days as a Pakistan cricket follower to sit back, relax and enjoy the state of play, as you never know what tomorrow may bring in the unpredictable world of Pakistan cricket <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PAKvAUS?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#PAKvAUS </a></p>&mdash; Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saj_PakPassion/status/1052548087716216835?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 17, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  56. #296
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    1,401
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainul View Post
    So, the opening pair in test for Pakistan is if Imam and Fakhar. Will the selectors show some guts to drop Hafeez?
    They better do. No point on Selecting Hafeez outside Asia as an opener. He'll crumble in every game


    If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

  57. #297
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,518
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    PAK drew Dubai Test because Think Tank wasn't confident enough - they were more concern about AUS chasing 463 rather than PAK taking 10 wickets in 140 overs, therefore for first 2 sessions, field setting was in between Test & ODI.

    This time, I expect if possible a lead of may be 575 will give Sarfraz enough confidence to put 4 men at catching & 4 others to save singles. If that's possible by Tea on Day 3, no issues, otherwise I'll keep batting till 35 minutes before lunch on Day 4, which should leave 155+ overs and an asking of 3.5+
    They will need to bat till lunch on Day 4 to get a lead of around 600. I don't think they need that many, but fair enough if that's how Sarfraz and Arthur are thinking.

  58. #298
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    29,057
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    The biggest trap in Test cricket is that when you think there is too much time & you can keep batting (blocking) on. It doesn't happen like that - batsmen will get out, therefore one must look for runs. Not saying, go after bowling blindly & Aussies won't make it easy by keeping defensive field & bowling on negative line, but one has to find a way to keep on scoring.

    If Azhar & Haris keep doing this tomorrow morning, there is more chance that the target indeed will be around 350 - couple of wickets & new batsmen in, AUS will tighten screw & PAK might fail to match 1st innings total. Here AUS is facing a daunting task, need to make them feel hope less. PAK can declare tomorrow morning & AUS won't chase the target on this wicket for sure; but intention should be to dominate, not survival.

    I gave a classic example last year - in 1st Test (actually both), PAK batted much longer than SRL, but hardly with any intention to score; and finally SRL won by 20 or so margin (& PAK probably batted 20 more overs). "There is no pressure of maintaining RR in Test cricket" - is the biggest mistake of the longer game.
    Getting bowled out on first day was a blessing for Pakistan, gave us an extra day to bowl Australia out, had we not been bowled out on first day, we would have wasted 2 days batting at a snails pace. Hopefully Pakistan can score enough runs on Day 3 tomorrow and have enough runs to declare.

  59. #299
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    29,057
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Monetarist View Post
    They will need to bat till lunch on Day 4 to get a lead of around 600. I don't think they need that many, but fair enough if that's how Sarfraz and Arthur are thinking.
    If the team can score fast enough tomorrow then fair enough but 450 will be enough.

  60. #300
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    3,935
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARK Rafay View Post
    They better do. No point on Selecting Hafeez outside Asia as an opener. He'll crumble in every game
    He is even crumbling in UAE. Three failures on traught.

  61. #301
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    5,564
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Monetarist View Post
    The way these two are batting, expect us to end the day with a lead of around 280. The plan should be to bat two more sessions tomorrow and get a lead of around 450 and put the Australians in straight after tea. Don't want a repeat of what happened in Dubai where we ran out of overs to bowl them out.
    What?!
    There are 270 overs left in the game. We should bat for 100 and get guys like Babar azhar and Asad get some good practice, and grind them into the dust.
    If we can't get them out in 170 overs then they don't deserve to lose, and we don't deserve to win


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •