Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

PM Imran Khan's sister, others own properties abroad: FIA report

Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) on Friday submitted details of properties in Dubai owned by Pakistanis in the Supreme Court.

The report revealed that close relatives of prominent several political figures and bureaucrats owned properties in Dubai. The report states that 35 close relatives of political personalities owned properties in Dubai.

Prime Minister Imran Khan’s sister Aleema Khanum was found to be owner of properties in Dubai, the report said.

Late Pakistan Peoples’ Party (PPP) leader Makhdoom Ameen Faheem’s wife has four properties on her name, while Adnan Sami Khan’s mother Naureen Sami Khan also own three properties and Senator Taj Muhammad Afirdi has properties on his name.

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader and Prime Minister’s Special Assistant Farrukh Saleem’s mother is also among those who owned properties abroad.

PTI leader Mumtaz Ahmad also owned 16 properties in Dubai, while former PML-N senator Anwar Baig’s wife was found to be owner of a flat in Dubai.

Mir Hassan Talpur, former senator Ammar Ahmad Khan, Custom Collector Shahid Majeed, FBR officer Wasif Khan, DIG Sohail Habib Tajik, former XEN Zakim Khan, government officer Agha Masood Abbas, Zarai Taraqiati Bank’s Irshad Ahmad, Custom Collector Wahid Khursheed’s wife have properties abroad on their name.

On Thursday, the apex court had directed the FIA to present 20 people who own foreign properties during the next hearing on November 1 in a case pertaining to assets owned by Pakistani nationals in foreign countries.

During the hearing, the FIA submitted its initial report on foreign properties owned by Pakistanis. “The FIA initiated investigations against 3,570 Pakistanis who own properties worth Rs 1,015 billion in Dubai,” the report said. “Nine benamidaars have been identified as well as 150 extremely rich individuals who own properties worth Rs 30 billion,” it said. “Investigation has been halted against 386 persons who benefitted from the amnesty scheme. Those who owned 374 properties in Dubai benefitted from the Tax Amnesty Scheme 2018,” it added.

According to the report, 150 people admitted that they did not declare their foreign properties in their tax returns. “900 Pakistanis illegally own properties in Dubai. 674 people have already recorded their statements before the FIA,” the report said. “44 people who benefitted from the tax amnesty scheme face NAB cases. 200 people disclosed their properties while recording their statements but did not benefit from the tax amnesty scheme,” it added. “Some 2,500 people wanted amnesty in June last year but the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) did not agree to the terms. The authorities have recommended to the government to launch another amnesty scheme,” the report upheld.
    Link: https://dunyanews.tv/en/Pakistan/463...oad-FIA-report

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    If she has done wrong punish her like anyone else. No one is above the law.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, so? You can legally own land in any country, it isn't illegal. Y'all are just clutching at straws.

"i'M sOrRy, i'M nOt sUpPosED tO teLl yoU tHiS"

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1844 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Think it is assumed that everyone is corrupt like the Sharifs!

Owning a property is not a crime - but how you finance it is the question.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Think it is assumed that everyone is corrupt like the Sharifs!

Owning a property is not a crime - but how you finance it is the question.
    I think it’s the FIA report that creates the doubt on the financial aspects of it.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This must be seriously investigated. Could be the reason why IK maintains a healthy distance with them.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    This must be seriously investigated. Could be the reason why IK maintains a healthy distance with them.
    From the little research i have done, she is a successful business women in textiles.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Imran Khan's sister among 44 prominent Pakistanis owning benami properties in UAE

Link: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/66391483.cms

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The FIA is a government agency unlike NAB which is autonomous (at least on paper). This is the real test of PTI government to treat everyone fairly regardless of who they are. If Imran Khan's sister is found guilty of owning the overseas properties without declaring them she should be held accountable.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    So did they arrest her?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aukhan View Post
    So did they arrest her?
    She has been asked like all the others to explain. If she hasnt declared the properties in her tax returns she will be in trouble.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm a huge critic of IK and PTI but this is just silly. I mean, so what if she owns properties abroad? As long as she declares them

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aukhan View Post
    So did they arrest her?
    Is she accused of using public funds?

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Something View Post
    I'm a huge critic of IK and PTI but this is just silly. I mean, so what if she owns properties abroad? As long as she declares them
    Undeclared wealth. You get in trouble for it everywhere, it's not unique to Pakistan.

She should be punished to the fullest extent, if she has not paid her taxes that she should have.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Undeclared wealth. You get in trouble for it everywhere, it's not unique to Pakistan.

She should be punished to the fullest extent, if she has not paid her taxes that she should have.
    Agree

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
    The FIA is a government agency unlike NAB which is autonomous (at least on paper). This is the real test of PTI government to treat everyone fairly regardless of who they are. If Imran Khan's sister is found guilty of owning the overseas properties without declaring them she should be held accountable.
    Agreed. And until such time as she isn't held accountable, we should assume that this has nothing to do with Imran Khan, unless there is evidence which links him to it.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post

A bit confusion here. If I own a land in a foreign country but living in my home country, even if I pay tax to the foreign government, do I need to pay tax to the home country too?

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    A bit confusion here. If I own a land in a foreign country but living in my home country, even if I pay tax to the foreign government, do I need to pay tax to the home country too?
    Uk tax law says you have to pay tax to hmrc for ALL income home and abroad

So Yes

If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Uk tax law says you have to pay tax to hmrc for ALL income home and abroad

So Yes
    I am sure there are agreements to stop double taxation.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Seattle, WA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has more to do with means of income used to buy such property. If money was sent from pakistan, can you account for it.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1844 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    The Supreme Court on Friday asked the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) to provide the court with tax details of Aleema Khanum, Prime Minister Imran Khan's sister.

The court has taken up a case against 44 politically exposed individuals or their benamidars who possessed properties in the United Arab Emirates.

Khanum is identified as benamidar of a property. A notice was issued to her through email as well as delivered at her home address, but her domestic staff said she was abroad.

According to an FBR official who appeared in court today, Khanum had benefited from a tax amnesty scheme and thus her tax information is confidential.

"You can provide the information to the court in a sealed envelope and we will take a look at it," Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar responded.

The chief justice also said that the court had pinpointed 20 people to be investigated. The FBR official told the court that the board is conducting an investigation into these 20 people.

"Six of these people have been cleared on the basis of the sworn statement to the FBR and the Federal investigation Agency (FIA)," the official said while adding that the statement the other 14 gave to the FIA do not match the FBR's records.

Dissatisfied by the speed of the process the judges said that if the FBR continues at the current pace, the completion of this investigation will take a long time.

"How long will you take to complete the investigation," the chief justice asked.

"Sir the process will be completed by the end of December," the FBR official responded.

The CJP, however, directed that Khanum's tax record be brought to court today, adjourning the hearing till later in the day.

This list of politically exposed people was part of an annexure submitted to a three-judge SC bench comprising Justices Nisar, Faisal Arab and Justice Ijazul Ahsan.

Taking suo motu notice of the matter, the apex court had observed that it appeared the money siphoned off abroad without payment of taxes through illegal channels represented either ill-gotten gains or kickbacks from public contracts.

“Such money creates gross disproportion, inequality and disparity in society, which warps economic activity and growth, and constitutes plunder and theft of national wealth,” it said.

In an earlier order, the court had also observed that it was common knowledge for years that a large number of Pakistani citizens were maintaining their bank accounts in other countries without disclosing these to the authorities competent under the laws of Pakistan or paying taxes on the same in accordance with the law.

PPP, PML-N call for investigation into Khanum's wealth
    The PPP and PML-n claim that payment of fine by Prime Minister Imran Khan’s sister for the properties she owns in Dubai is, in fact, a case of confession of holding illegal assets as she hasn’t mentioned them in her tax record.

“The nation wants to know the money trail of her foreign properties,” Nawaz Sharif had said during an interaction with reporters after attending court proceedings in the Flagship Investment reference on Tuesday.

The former prime minister said that Khanum, a member of the board of governors of Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital, was not doing any business.

“Apparently, there was no source of income. It must be thoroughly investigated how she accumulated wealth to acquire properties in Dubai, whether it was her own money or someone used her to purchase benami properties,” he said.

She regularised the Dubai properties by paying a ‘nominal fine’, Nawaz said.

“Wasn’t that an NRO?” he asked, referring to the controversial National Reconciliation Ordinance that former military ruler Pervez Musharraf had promulgated to settle pending cases.

“As Khanum has agreed to pay the FBR 25 per cent tax as much fine for her Dubai properties, it means she has admitted the illegality in holding the assets,” PPP deputy information secretary had said in a statement.

The PPP leader said Khanum would have to satisfy the people and courts if she was ever summoned by the judiciary.

He said Khanum could be tried under money laundering laws if she failed to provide the bank transactions record.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1448576/sc...ms-tax-details

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aleema Khan says will reply to allegations levelled against her in SC

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Imran Khan’s sister Aleema Khan on Friday said she will respond to all allegations levelled against her in the Supreme Court.

A day earlier, the Supreme Court while hearing a suo motu case on foreign properties owned by Pakistani nationals, directed the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) to present property and tax amnesty details of Aleema Khan.

Aleema Khan, who is currently on a tour of Japan to raise funds for NUML University, while addressing an event in Tokyo said, “I am being asked tough questions because I am in the headlines these days.”

“I am answerable to God and when the court summons me I will respond to their questions as well,” she added.

The premier’s sister further said that she’s “not a public office holder but a private citizen” and “will reply where she has to”.

“I am being asked where I got the money from [to purchase property]. I inherited this money from my maternal and paternal grandfathers as well as my parents and even earned myself,” she continued.

Aleema, who is a board member of the Shaukat Khanum Hospital, added, “None of us board members have ever touched the money that has been raised and nor have we ever tried to earn money through the wrong means.”

Stating that the allegations against her “hurtful”, she said, “My father was also accused of corruption and that was painful.”

“My father taught us to always be honest and forget taking bribes he never even gave them except to one telephone person who he used to give Rs100,” Aleema added.

She further said that Imran “always opposed accumulating money”.

Suo motu notice
    Chief of Justice of Pakistan Justice Mian Saqib Nisar took suo motu notice of Aleema’s property in Dubai on November 28.

The chief justice, who was in London to raise funds for building dams in Pakistan, was informally speaking to journalists when they drew his attention to the matter of Aleema Khan’s properties abroad.

This month, Aleema deposited half the total cost of her previously undeclared Dubai property with tax authorities as penalty.

Aleema paid 25 per cent of the total estimated amount of her luxurious flat, "The Lofts East-1406", in taxes and 25 per cent fine charges, officials had said. The prime minister's sister was slapped with a double penalty (taxes and fine) because she did not disclose the said property worth around Rs74 million.

The said luxurious flat was located in the heart of Dubai, adjacent to Burj Khalifa, the most expensive area in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), added the officials.

Aleema, in her affidavit submitted with FIA team, stated: "The Lofts East:1460 was paid for from funds generated from my business dealings overseas. Further, I have already disposed of my property and have also informed the FBR about the purchase and sale of the said property."

On October 27, FIA had submitted in the Supreme Court the details of 44 close relatives of prominent political personalities who owned properties in the UAE.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/220308-ale...inst-her-in-sc

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Aleema Khanum did not benefit from tax amnesty on Dubai flat, SC told

Aleema Khanum, Prime Minister Imran Khan's sister, did not benefit from a tax amnesty scheme on a flat in Dubai — Inland Revenue Service (IRS) Commissioner of Lahore Dr Ishtiaq Ahmed Khan told the Supreme Court on Saturday.

During a hearing of the suo-motu case regarding Pakistani citizens maintaining foreign accounts without disclosing the same or paying taxes, the tax commissioner informed the court at its Lahore registry that media reports of Khanum taking the amnesty were incorrect.

The Supreme Court, a day earlier, had asked the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) to provide the court with Khanum's tax details.

The tax commissioner today furnished before the court its sealed report and apprised the court that Khanum was served a notice in February 2018 for not declaring the flat.

Dr Khan explained that Khanum had procured the flat through a bank loan, which was paid off through rent. Once the loan was repaid, he said, the flat was sold off.

The commissioner said that whether or not Khanum incurred a loss on the sale was not their concern.

Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar ordered for action taken against Khanum to be made part of the record, adding that the case will next be heard on December 6 in Islamabad.

The court has taken up a case against 44 politically exposed individuals or their benamidars who possessed properties in the United Arab Emirates.

Khanum is identified as benamidar of a property. Earlier, a notice was issued to her through email as well as delivered at her home address, but her domestic staff said she was abroad.

According to an FBR official who appeared in court yesterday (Friday), Khanum had benefited from a tax amnesty scheme and thus her tax information was confidential.

"You can provide the information to the court in a sealed envelope and we will take a look at it," the chief justice had responded.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1448798/al...i-flat-sc-told

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeraq View Post
    Aleema Khanum, Prime Minister Imran Khan's sister, did not benefit from a tax amnesty scheme on a flat in Dubai — Inland Revenue Service (IRS) Commissioner of Lahore Dr Ishtiaq Ahmed Khan told the Supreme Court on Saturday.

During a hearing of the suo-motu case regarding Pakistani citizens maintaining foreign accounts without disclosing the same or paying taxes, the tax commissioner informed the court at its Lahore registry that media reports of Khanum taking the amnesty were incorrect.

The Supreme Court, a day earlier, had asked the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) to provide the court with Khanum's tax details.

The tax commissioner today furnished before the court its sealed report and apprised the court that Khanum was served a notice in February 2018 for not declaring the flat.

Dr Khan explained that Khanum had procured the flat through a bank loan, which was paid off through rent. Once the loan was repaid, he said, the flat was sold off.

The commissioner said that whether or not Khanum incurred a loss on the sale was not their concern.

Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar ordered for action taken against Khanum to be made part of the record, adding that the case will next be heard on December 6 in Islamabad.

Khanum is identified as benamidar of a property. Earlier, a notice was issued to her through email as well as delivered at her home address, but her domestic staff said she was abroad.

According to an FBR official who appeared in court yesterday (Friday), Khanum had benefited from a tax amnesty scheme and thus her tax information was confidential.

"You can provide the information to the court in a sealed envelope and we will take a look at it," the chief justice had responded.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1448798/al...i-flat-sc-told
    If she has evaded taxes then she should be dealt with as harshly as the law allows, but this desperation to equate a non political person with the Sharif's and Zardaris billion dollar theft will not work.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1398 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Foreign assets case: SC seeks report on inquiry against Aleema Khan

ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court on Thursday, while hearing a suo motu case on foreign properties owned by Pakistani nationals, sought a report on the inquiry against Prime Minister Imran Khan’s sister, Aleema Khan, by December 13 and issued contempt of court notices to chairman Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) and a representative of the income tax department.

A bench headed by Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Mian Saqib Nisar heard the suo motu case on foreign bank accounts and assets owned by Pakistani citizens.

During the last hearing, the court had directed FBR to look into 20 individuals who own properties in Dubai. As the hearing went under way today, the chief justice asked, “What is the update on the inquiry against those who own properties in Dubai? What is the report regarding the 20 individuals who were to be presented and FBR should inform us about its performance till now.”

Justice Nisar further questioned, “What inquiry has been conducted against Aleema Khan so far?” At this FBR operations member said, “We have asked the Lahore office to conduct an inquiry against her.”

Censuring the FBR chairman and the representative of the income tax department, the top judge remarked, “You people want to prolong the case. The court did not ask you to conduct an audit.”

“We asked FBR to conduct an inquiry here not in Lahore. We did not direct that the case be sent to filed officers and a committee should have conducted an inquiry on court orders,” Justice Nisar added.

The chief justice continued, “What kind of a public officer is FBR operation member? Why don’t we get an investigation conducted against him. Delay tactics are being used in the case. FBR has even placed Federal Investigation Agency’s (FIA) efforts in a cold storage.”

The bench then directed that a report on the investigation against Aleema Khan be presented by December 13. Further, the court issued contempt of court notices against chairman Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) and a representative of the income tax department and ordered them to submit a reply within three days.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/220908-for...st-aleema-khan

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    If she has evaded taxes then she should be dealt with as harshly as the law allows, but this desperation to equate a non political person with the Sharif's and Zardaris billion dollar theft will not work.
    I was having a chat with one PML-N supporter and the kind of nonsense they believe is shocking, no ability to think or analyse, according to him:

- Imran Khan's sister owns Rs60 Billion worth properties in Dubai - WRONG it's worth 7 - 9 Crore which is pretty standard for most reasonable flats.

- Imran Khan's sister is unmarried so how did she make this much money - WRONG she married almost 3 decades ago.

- Imran Khan's sister owns no business so must have stolen money from all charities IK runs...YES SHOCKING but try arguing with a PML-N supporter. She has done MBA and runs successful garments business.

- She stole all the money from Pakistan but got NRO - RIDICULOUS as her business is registered in Dubai and how can she even steal given she never held any govt position.

I think WORST possible case against her is she failed to declare flat after it was made compulsory few years ago and she has paid due tax and fines.

PML-N supporters on the other hand believe she is as corrupt if not more than Zardari or Nawaz Sharif.....
    Last edited by Zeeraq; 6th December 2018 at 20:28.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waseem View Post
    I was having a chat with one PML-N supporter and the kind of nonsense they believe is shocking, no ability to think or analyse, according to him:

- Imran Khan's sister owns Rs60 Billion worth properties in Dubai - WRONG it's worth 7 - 9 Crore which is pretty standard for most reasonable flats.

- Imran Khan's sister is unmarried so how did she make this much money - WRONG she married almost 3 decades ago.

- Imran Khan's sister owns no business so must have stolen money from all charities IK runs...YES SHOCKING but try arguing with a PML-N supporter. She has done MBA and runs successful garments business.

- She stole all the money from Pakistan but got NRO - RIDICULOUS as her business is registered in Dubai and how can she even steal given she never held any govt position.

I think WORST possible case against her is she failed to declare flat after it was made compulsory few years ago and she has paid due tax and fines.

PML-N supporters on the other hand believe she is as corrupt if not more than Zardari or Nawaz Sharif.....
    Nooras and logic are never on the same page because of their dishonesty.
    Last edited by Zeeraq; 6th December 2018 at 20:29.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1784 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Glad you and @Mamoon got together for a chat
    Last edited by Zeeraq; 6th December 2018 at 20:29.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

She is also married to a guy that hates IK and defends Nawaz Sharif on Geo.
    Last edited by Zeeraq; 6th December 2018 at 20:30.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1844 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    The Supreme Court on Thursday ordered Aleema Khanum, Prime Minister Imran Khan's sister, to pay Rs29.4 million in taxes and fines.

A three-judge SC bench, while hearing a case against 44 politically exposed individuals or their benamidars who possess properties in the United Arab Emirates, remarked that failure on Khanum's part to oblige to court orders will result in confiscation of her properties.

In today's hearing, the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) told the court that a fine and tax worth Rs29.4m has been placed on Khanum, who has been identified as benamidar of a property.

Khanum, who was present in court today, took the stand and said that she had bought the property abroad in 2008 against $370,000 and that she had sold the said property in 2017.

Khanum told the court that she had raised 50 per cent of the amount required by taking a loan.

According to Khanum's written testimony submitted to the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), she owned properties in East UAE. The properties were created through the earnings of businesses owned abroad.

"I sold my properties and the FBR was notified about this development in advance," Khanum said in her written testimony.

During the hearing, the FIA submitted a summary regarding foreign properties in court.

According to the summary, 96 more Pakistanis have been identified for having properties abroad. The total number of Pakistanis with properties abroad is now 2,154. Out of these, 1,208 people own properties in the UAE.

At least 21 Pakistanis that own these properties have been sent notices in accordance with the court's orders, the summary said and at least Rs45m have been recovered from these people.

This case is the result of a list of politically exposed people which was submitted as part of an annexure to a three-judge SC bench comprising Chief Justice Saqib Nisar, Justice Faisal Arab and Justice Ijazul Ahsan.

Taking suo motu notice of the matter, the apex court had observed that it appeared the money siphoned off abroad without payment of taxes through illegal channels represented either ill-gotten gains or kickbacks from public contracts.

“Such money creates gross disproportion, inequality and disparity in society, which warps economic activity and growth, and constitutes plunder and theft of national wealth,” it had said.

In an earlier order, the court had also observed that it was common knowledge for years that a large number of Pakistani citizens were maintaining their bank accounts in other countries without disclosing these to the authorities competent under the laws of Pakistan or paying taxes on the same in accordance with the law.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1451205/sc...ign-properties

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The Supreme Court on Thursday ordered Aleema Khanum, Prime Minister Imran Khan's sister, to pay Rs29.4 million in taxes and fines.

A three-judge SC bench, while hearing a case against 44 politically exposed individuals or their benamidars who possess properties in the United Arab Emirates, remarked that failure on Khanum's part to oblige to court orders will result in confiscation of her properties.

In today's hearing, the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) told the court that a fine and tax worth Rs29.4m has been placed on Khanum, who has been identified as benamidar of a property.

Khanum, who was present in court today, took the stand and said that she had bought the property abroad in 2008 against $370,000 and that she had sold the said property in 2017.

Khanum told the court that she had raised 50 per cent of the amount required by taking a loan.

According to Khanum's written testimony submitted to the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), she owned properties in East UAE. The properties were created through the earnings of businesses owned abroad.

"I sold my properties and the FBR was notified about this development in advance," Khanum said in her written testimony.

During the hearing, the FIA submitted a summary regarding foreign properties in court.

According to the summary, 96 more Pakistanis have been identified for having properties abroad. The total number of Pakistanis with properties abroad is now 2,154. Out of these, 1,208 people own properties in the UAE.

At least 21 Pakistanis that own these properties have been sent notices in accordance with the court's orders, the summary said and at least Rs45m have been recovered from these people.

This case is the result of a list of politically exposed people which was submitted as part of an annexure to a three-judge SC bench comprising Chief Justice Saqib Nisar, Justice Faisal Arab and Justice Ijazul Ahsan.

“Such money creates gross disproportion, inequality and disparity in society, which warps economic activity and growth, and constitutes plunder and theft of national wealth,” it had said.

Nobody is safe in naya Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Glad you and @Mamoon got together for a chat
    Hahahaha i know Mamoon takes thing to extreme when it comes to IK to get some attention but he is a smart kid overall.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    She is also married to a guy that hates IK and defends Nawaz Sharif on Geo.
    I think Aleema's younger sister is married to Hafeezullah Niazi, he is probably IK's dumbest cousin (also his brother) otherwise most of their family is well educated including women.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I think Aleema's younger sister is married to Hafeezullah Niazi, he is probably IK's dumbest cousin (also his brother) otherwise most of their family is well educated including women.
    I stand corrected. Let this be the start and we start to nail these crooks.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The supreme court has been doing a commendable job. Need of an hour, Who would have thought this some 3 yrs back. Pakistan changing and changing for good In Sha Allah.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    PM Imran Khan’s sister Aleema Khan owns over Rs450 million property in US

The News investigative reporter Ahmed Noorani revealed in Geo News program ‘Aaj Shahzeb Khanzad Kay Sath’ that Aleema Khan had not declared her American property till 2017.

According to Ahmed Noorani, Aleema Khan owns three flats of a four-storey building in New Jersey, while her business partner owns a single flat.

The current worth of Aleema Khan’s New Jersey property is over Rs45 crore, Noorani said, adding she holds 75 percent of the property.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/41...property-in-us

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Apparently, we found the real owner of the Faluda wala’s accounts, but who deposits millions of dollars in the PM’s sisters’ accounts?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Apparently, we found the real owner of the Faluda wala’s accounts, but who deposits millions of dollars in the PM’s sisters’ accounts?
    Where did the million dollar come from, can we have a source?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I was trying to post a video of Klasra's discussion a couple months ago.
    Last edited by Bewal Express; 11th January 2019 at 22:31.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1784 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Where did the million dollar come from, can we have a source?
    In this case JIT, SC, FIA, ISI, MI, Gullu's aunt are all credible sources but when Nawaz's chori chakari is caught then we cannot believe them. Obviously our own "perks and privileges" are on the line in that case

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    In this case JIT, SC, FIA, ISI, MI, Gullu's aunt are all credible sources but when Nawaz's chori chakari is caught then we cannot believe them. Obviously our own "perks and privileges" are on the line in that case
    If Aleema has committed a crime, then she needs to face the consequences but we know that the mafia are looking for a deal and this is an attempt to blackmail IK and just like they did in the past with SKMH, they will fail.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    What next from the nooras and saeens, ik money laundering through his sister?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Desperate attempts from noonies and jiyalas. They used to go after Jamima in the past, now they are going after Khan's sister. They will fail miserably. Khan's words are coming true"main inko rulaonga"

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    FBR record of Aleema’s business belies her claim of huge income from sewing machines

Starting from 1995 until 2010 when all these luxurious foreign properties were acquired, the year-wise examination of income and taxes paid by her only business, 50 percent shares in Cotton Connection Pvt Ltd (CCL), at that time and taxes paid by her on her personal income shows that she had hardly any money to make a good investment even here in Pakistan.
    https://www.thenews.com.pk/amp/42074...mpression=true

PTI supporters are trying extremely hard to put a lid on this, but her fabricated stories don’t add up.

So once again, what is her source of income that has enabled her to buy so much property in NJ?

Imran Khan running from his foreign funding case and Aleema’s failure to show her source if income tie up beautifully.

Can any PTI supporter step forward and explain what is going on?

Note: deflection will not work. Stay on topic and don’t drift towards what other parties have done. PTI and Imran stood for tabdeeli, a tabdeeli that is increasingly looking like a scam.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    So the case is in court, but the PMLN are not filing a reference, why not? You asked me last week and I said on Monday,I expected you or the PMLN to file a reference. You know why don't you?
    Last edited by MenInG; 20th January 2019 at 21:21.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Can you explain why the Nooras are so evasive on a issue you claim shows blatant corruption from her and IK. And no deflection please

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Can you explain why the PMLN guys are so evasive on a issue you claim shows blatant corruption from her and IK. And no deflection please
    @Mamoon, I am still waiting.
    Last edited by MenInG; 20th January 2019 at 21:20.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon, I am still waiting.
    You will be waiting a long while. Also the logo of the TV channel

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    You will be waiting a long while. Also the logo of the TV channel
    He came in today happy as Larry and tagged me in and then ran with his tail between his legs. All I asked was if the facts are as stated by all the Noora propoganda machines then filing a SC is the easiest part. So why haven't they done it? Why the fear? He knows that The duffer and Munshi Dar know the facts( which was that there was nothing to link IK with His sisters finances) and knew the reference would fail because they know more IK's finances than he probably knows. Lol And he said I was deflecting.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He came in today happy as Larry and tagged me in and then ran with his tail between his legs. All I asked was if the facts are as stated by all the Noora propoganda machines then filing a SC is the easiest part. So why haven't they done it? Why the fear? He knows that The duffer and Munshi Dar know the facts( which was that there was nothing to link IK with His sisters finances) and knew the reference would fail because they know more IK's finances than he probably knows. Lol And he said I was deflecting.
    And the other day Hamza was telling us how PTI are the one who involve families.

I swear sometimes I think these people are wind up merchants. You seriously have to be a wind up merchant to have a debate that level.