Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Bangladesh becoming a powerhouse in cricket?

The emergence of Bangladesh as a top class cricket team team is nothing short of a miracle. There aren't many teams in the history of cricket who have managed to improve so much within such a short period of time like Bangladesh have managed to do so. Well, perhaps Srilanka is the only exception. Otherwise, the improvement of Bangladesh as a cricket team is in a league of its own.

Their appearance in final of multiple Asia cups and Nidhas trophy also suggests that they r arguably the second best Asian team as well. In recent past world class cricket teams touring Bangladesh and getting hammered by Bangladesh team has almost become a norm. Teams like India, Australia, South Africa and New Zealand all of them have faced the wrath of the mighty tigers. Even in ICC tournaments Bangladesh have shown their dominance. Yes they could have achieved much more in these tournaments. But performing so well against all odds (ie partiality, poor umpiring, bad luck) is itself an archivement.

Besides this, Bangladesh has one of the best middle order batsman in the world, has someone like Shakib who is once in a generation type player, has one of the best openers in the world and also has a bowler of Fizz's caliber who has been mesmerising the whole world with his bowling since his debut in international cricket.

The surprising fact is, Bangladesh has managed to produce all of these world class players within a very short period of time and it's very likely that they r going to produce top class cricketers at a much faster rate in the coming future due to its matured and well developed cricket structure.

So, what do u think about this highly talented team. R they destined to be the next big thing in cricket world.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, this is a thread to troll Bangladesh.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Beat Zimbabwe in a series and see the result

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh is a decent team no doubt but Afg is better. In their short history Afg has already achieved more and only a matter of time they start doing good in test cricket as well. Rashid Khan is probably better than any BD cricketer in history. Bangladesh never invites Afg for a full series because they are scared of a defeat and hence stroke their false ego by beating hapless zimbabwe. After getting whitewashed in T20s, they very well know that losing against a lower rank Afg team again would take a hit in their ODI rankings. Hence they try to avoid playing series with Afgs.

But yes, overall BD is better than SL at present in LOIs. (Not tests).
    Last edited by Canford Cliffs; 27th October 2018 at 18:52.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Bangladesh is a decent team no doubt but Afg is better. In their short history Afg has already achieved more and only a matter of time they start doing good in test cricket as well. Rashid Khan is probably better than any BD cricketer in history. Bangladesh never invites Afg for a full series because they are scared of a defeat and hence stroke their false ego by beating hapless zimbabwe. After getting whitewashed in T20s, they very well know that losing against a lower rank Afg team again would take a hit in their ODI rankings. Hence they try to avoid playing series with Afgs.

Please elaborate how has Afghanistan achieved more than Bangladesh in their short history?

India also doesn't invite Bangladesh for a full series too. Does that mean India is also scared?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Please elaborate how has Afghanistan achieved more than Bangladesh in their short history?

India also doesn't invite Bangladesh for a full series too. Does that mean India is also scared?
    Afg playing proper cricket only for last 5-6 years. And they already hv an U19 asia cup. BD yet to win even a tri series after playing gaining test status since 2000 (28 years)

India dont invite BD bcoz BCB wants India to tour rather for revenue. We were the first test team to tour BD. Also BD is not competitive enough to invite regularly. They lost their only test match in Ind in 2.5 days. Also their A team toured India and lost against Karnataka A missing many of its key players
    Last edited by Canford Cliffs; 27th October 2018 at 19:21.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    In Asian conditions they are as good as anyone and can beat anyone. Abroad they are a bunny, as highlighted in the CT and the recent Test series. Pakistan haven't been better but we have won the CT and ODI series in SA, historically until recently we were good in NZ as well and in England we are pretty decent before any BD fan turns it onto Pakistan

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    Beat Zimbabwe in a series and see the result
    LOL what? My dear friend, we have been hammering teams for fun in recent times, especially in ODIs. Even if we field our C team, they will beat Zimbabwe without breaking a sweat. Op was made based overall performance of Bangladesh as a cricket team.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

India took 20 years to draw their first ever test series. Winning the serirs was out of question. Let that sink in for a moment. The progress of our cricket team is nothing short of extraordinary. We have been playing tests for just over 15 years and we have already won and drawn multiple test series both at home and away. Just imagine what we would've achieved in cricket if we had 100 years of experience in cricket. I m pretty sure we would've won multiple test series in South Africa and Australia.

Secondly, ATG all rounder Shakib is better than any all-rounder India have produced in its entire cricket history. Dont forget that fact my dear friend.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    In Asian conditions they are as good as anyone and can beat anyone. Abroad they are a bunny, as highlighted in the CT and the recent Test series. Pakistan haven't been better but we have won the CT and ODI series in SA, historically until recently we were good in NZ as well and in England we are pretty decent before any BD fan turns it onto Pakistan
    Spot on. In Asian condition Bangladesh is one of the most dominant teams in the world right now, especially in ODIs. They should have had two Asia Cup trophy in their trophy cabinet by now but they don't due to bad luck, biased umpiring and blatant partiality.

Yes, Bangladesh definitely needs to improve their performance outside Asia. But u need to understand that they r a new team. Let them have enough experience. Furthermore, don't forget that BD were the quarterfinalists and semifinalists of last two ICC tournaments. In the last wc they might have reached the semifinal or even final but again couldn't do so due to pathetic and biased umpiring.

U have to commend them for the they have performed even though odds were always against them. If there was a level playing field, the outcome could've been entirely different.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    If Pakistan was mostly playing at home as oppossed to the slow sluggish wickets of the UAE, even they would look like a confident batting power house

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    782 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    What do you mean by becoming?? They're already a powerhouse bro!

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sometimes wonder why do ppl lose their temper whenever they hear some unpleasant truths. Just look at some of my friends here calling others trolls unnecessarily without even touching a single point raised in the opening post and subsequent replies.

Yes, i understand that u r envious of Bangladesh's success as a cricket team. But i think its time for u to get back to the reality and accept things as it is. I know u all will eventually agree with me since most of my points r to the point and backed up by actual facts. Some of u r at the anger stage right now. U just have to get past couple of more stages to complete the cycle of acceptance. I know eventually all of u will come to that acceptance stage.
    Last edited by RainMan_; 28th October 2018 at 03:29.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    Pune Maharashtra
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh Undoubtedly second best team in asia right now along with Pakistan
    If Pakistan invite Bangladesh for a full series in UAE and Bangladesh play with their full strength team i am pretty damn sure Bangladesh will give Pakistan run for their money in all the three format

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see OP's point. I have used two filters - since 2015 and Since 2017.

Maybe someone can use a different filter - change opposition to non-minnows or some such - to prove OP's point.

Also tells me India has been awesome.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 11.35.19 AM.jpg
Views: 1387
Size:  21.6 KBName:  Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 11.35.34 AM.jpg
Views: 1374
Size:  18.7 KBName:  Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 11.35.48 AM.jpg
Views: 1372
Size:  20.0 KBName:  Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 11.36.38 AM.jpg
Views: 1384
Size:  21.2 KBName:  Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 11.36.47 AM.jpg
Views: 1380
Size:  18.7 KBName:  Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 11.36.56 AM.jpg
Views: 1386
Size:  20.7 KB

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Possibly the 2nd best Asian team in ODI's based on current form after India. But i don't rate your test side at all unless they are playing in BD. As a whole though, Asian cricket has never been this weak compared to the rest.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peshwa View Post
    Bangladesh Undoubtedly second best team in asia right now along with Pakistan
    If Pakistan invite Bangladesh for a full series in UAE and Bangladesh play with their full strength team i am pretty damn sure Bangladesh will give Pakistan run for their money in all the three format
    They are not even close to Pak in 2/3 formats

Only in Odis they are close to Pak but Pak is still better

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What have been their achievements overall as a cricket NATION apart from JAMODIS?

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They aren't going to become a powerhouse with current set of players

Shakib & Mashrafe are on the verge of retirement

Tamim,Mushi & Mahmudullah are good players but they can't make u world beaters

Among youngsters
    Soumya Sarkar faded away after 1 good season
    Liton Das & Mehidy Hasan are 2 youngsters i like but they are too inconsistent and their numbers are poor
    Sabbir,Nasir who were were touted as next big things are in & out of the team
    Mithun & all other young bat you have a mediocre odi average
    Fizz is good but after his injury he has not been the same
    Bowled well in Asia Cup though

And I am here talking about Odi formats where BD is at best at

In tests
    Even the SL team under transition is getting better results than BD

In T20is

Even Afghanistan whitewashed BD
    Bangladesh may have to play stage 1 of t20 WC where Afg will be given a direct entry to stage2
    Last edited by RyanRyan10; 28th October 2018 at 08:57.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we talking about ODIs specifically here? Because no one in their right mind would consider Bangladesh a competitive team in either Tests or T20Is.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Are we talking about ODIs specifically here? Because no one in their right mind would consider Bangladesh a competitive team in either Tests or T20Is.
    But even in ODIS what have they achieved apart from winning in BANGLA country?

Have they won ODI series in AUS, ENG, SA, IND for example?

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh isn't a powerhouse, merely a competent ODI side as of now.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMan_ View Post
    India took 20 years to draw their first ever test series. Winning the serirs was out of question. Let that sink in for a moment. The progress of our cricket team is nothing short of extraordinary. We have been playing tests for just over 15 years and we have already won and drawn multiple test series both at home and away. Just imagine what we would've achieved in cricket if we had 100 years of experience in cricket. I m pretty sure we would've won multiple test series in South Africa and Australia.

Secondly, ATG all rounder Shakib is better than any all-rounder India have produced in its entire cricket history. Dont forget that fact my dear friend.
    India played just15-20 tests in first 40 years of independence. And those days cricket was not popular in Indian subcontinent at all with no money from sponsors or board. So saying how many tests India won in first 20 years in clinging the straws.

India won the ODI world cup and B&H world series just a decade after invention of ODI cricket. They also won the T20 world cup just a year after T20 invention.

Bangladesh on the other hand is an embarrassement in cricket. They are playing in modern day with a rich board and a decent league at home, but they are yet to even win a tri series. Let alone a world cup or CT etc., a damn tri series...in their history. Show me a more worthless minnow side than this. Afg started playing cricket in 2005 and already won an U19 asia cup. They also whitewashed BD in a T20 series mercilessly. Its pretty evident for neutrals like us that BD is scared of Afg and hence dont invite them for series.

Shakib Al Hasan wont be playing for India A team in first class cricket if he was an Indian. There is no way he is a better test spinner than Ravi Jadeja or Kuldeep in Asian conditions. Maybe in our A team he will play few matches but likes of K Gowtham, Axar Patel will keep him in his toes. The fact that he is regularly made to carry drinks in ipl shows the worth of so called all rounder...lol.

Try again brother prince

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh can only play on slow, low pitches.
    End of the story

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed216 View Post
    Bangladesh can only play on slow, low pitches.
    End of the story
    Against Zimbabwe. Trust me against good sides, they cant play anywhere. How can a team that not even won a single tri series (let alone tournaments/test series) call themselves best Asian team is beyond me. They are still poor cricket nation with an aweful fanbase. Nothing more or less.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is OP even Bangladeshi? It seems his primary motive is to make other fans hate Bangladesh cricket team, Trojan Horse maybe?

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They always go unnoticed when they play outisde Asia.
    Disastrous recent SA tour was as illustration.
    powerhouse??

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Is OP even Bangladeshi? It seems his primary motive is to make other fans hate Bangladesh cricket team, Trojan Horse maybe?
    He is actually pakistani pretending to be Bangladeshi.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    The Asia Cup win was a slap in the face for the people who mocked Bangladesh for years and made fun of them based on hollow arrogance.

It is good to see them act with more humility in this thread and praise Bangladesh with gritted teeth, although 1-2 are still hanging on to their sarcasm. Perhaps another dose of reality will wake them up.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still not a powerhouse but certainly a nuisance for every single team. Gone are the days when you would turn up against them and expect a 70 run win at least.

However, having said that, I don't see any young Bangladeshi cricketers coming up and taking international cricket like a duck to water. Where is the replacement for the Tamims, Shakibs and Mushfiqurs??? Liton Das is talented but very inconsistent. Sabbir was supposed to be the next big thing and he has faded into oblivion. The bowling looks mediocre outside of Asia.

Maybe the Bangladeshi posters can enlighten on some upcoming youngsters who can take Bangladesh cricket forward??

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    The Asia Cup win was a slap in the face for the people who mocked Bangladesh for years and made fun of them based on hollow arrogance.

It is good to see them act with more humility in this thread and praise Bangladesh with gritted teeth, although 1-2 are still hanging on to their sarcasm. Perhaps another dose of reality will wake them up.
    Just like the one West indies D team gave india yesterday?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Against Zimbabwe. Trust me against good sides, they cant play anywhere. How can a team that not even won a single tri series (let alone tournaments/test series) call themselves best Asian team is beyond me. They are still poor cricket nation with an aweful fanbase. Nothing more or less.
    I don't understand what's your reason for the grudge against Bangladesh.

I see OP has gone over board a opened a thread for few people to bash Bangladesh, but here you are putting false facts and still spouting rubbish against Bangladesh fans!!!! There is one BD poster who put you in your place - that's me. But that's still not for the amount of rubbish you sprout, rather for your lousy mouth, to put you in your place for uncalled for trolling. That 2nd BD-ZIM ODI was played exactly at the same time when IND-WIN game was going on - you had no post in that game thread and came to tell in BD game thread that that BCB doesn't invite AFGs for the fear of losing ranking points - so I had to tell you that you are a SHAMELESS TROLL, referring to your previous comment in BD Game thread against PAK of 26th SEP.

"If BD scores 230 I would do a @Slim and quit this forum for good"

You are the poster who got what you deserved in that BD_ZIM game thread, which fortunately for you Admins edited.

AFGs came That IND-BD Test went to last session on Day 5, not 2.5 days - do you think awful BD posters won't notice it? On tour games IND-PAK has lost several games against County/Shield reserves sides - what's your point about the A team game? IND played it's 100th Test in 1967, and you are telling 15-20 after 40 years of Independence - go & check how many Tests IND played by 1987 - even for tools like you it's should be easy from CI.

"Shakib Al Hasan wont be playing for India A team in first class cricket if he was an Indian" - that sums up your level & agenda. And then you are calling BD fans awful here.
    @MenInG - bro, I hope this time you won't delete this post.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Just like the one West indies D team gave india yesterday?
    India is consistently ranked in the top two in ODIs and thrashed Pakistan with basically two players en route of winning the Asia Cup, and won 5-1 in South Africa while Pakistan were getting whitewashed 5-0 in New Zealand.

I know which team deserves more leeway. Do you?

West Indies have played great cricket and deserve to be appreciated - Pakistani fans are not in a position to engage in point scoring.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    But even in ODIS what have they achieved apart from winning in BANGLA country?

Have they won ODI series in AUS, ENG, SA, IND for example?
    Atleast they are competitive in ODIs.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India is consistently ranked in the top two in ODIs and thrashed Pakistan with basically two players en route of winning the Asia Cup, and won 5-1 in South Africa while Pakistan were getting whitewashed 5-0 in New Zealand.

West Indies have played great cricket and deserve to be appreciated - Pakistani fans are not in a position to engage in point scoring.
    I just stated a fact that the invincible india team lost to West Indies D team. If Pakistan had lost to the same team you would have been doing "bangra" till the next century and bringing it up everyday. I can make the same excuses for Pakistan when they lose.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    I just stated a fact that the invincible india team lost to West Indies D team. If Pakistan had lost to the same team you would have been doing "bangra" till the next century and bringing it up everyday. I can make the same excuses for Pakistan when they lose.
    No team is invincible, but India along with England is the best ODI team in the world. That does not mean that they cannot lose.

If India starts to lose 80% of its matches against good teams and is consistently occupying low positions in the ranking, I will do bhangra on their defeats as well.

Why is this so hard to understand? Mediocre teams deserve less leeway than elite teams. Pakistan is mediocre, India is elite.

If Pakistan achieve 75% of what India has achieved in the last 15 years, I will not mind to see Pakistan lose to West Indies D once in a while.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do know that was 1 single ODI game, do you? In Asia cup history now you talk about it PAK is much more superior to BANGLA. Defeated them in the finals and even chased 320 odd runs to win a game.

They need lots of more win vs PAK in crunch games to be so called improving.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    What have been their achievements overall as a cricket NATION apart from JAMODIS?
    I think u r giving too much importance to ICC tournaments. Yes, ICC tournaments have significance of their own but u shouldn't deny the fact that bilateral matches r also one of the most important part of international cricket.

Just look at SA. They have nothing other than a CT trophy in ICC events but still they r one of the most respected and feared cricket teams in the world. Bangladesh have been playing international cricket for a very short period of time but they have already laid down the foundation and its only a matter of time before they win an ICC trophy.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No team is invincible, but India along with England is the best ODI team in the world. That does not mean that they cannot lose.

If India starts to lose 80% of its matches against good teams and is consistently occupying low positions in the ranking, I will do bhangra on their defeats as well.

Why is this so hard to understand? Mediocre teams deserve less leeway than elite teams. Pakistan is mediocre, India is elite.

If Pakistan achieve 75% of what India has achieved in the last 15 years, I will not mind to see Pakistan lose to West Indies D once in a while.
    Yes they have defeated England in England, SOuth Africa in South Africa and Australia in Australia. They they trashed the last time they played in England, this makes it more then 90%. I am not saying we are better then India by any means you are proclaming that india is some sort of an atg team. They have lost in them countries and so have we atleast we compete in England unlike India. By the way shouldn't logic be the other way round since we are rubbish we should be fine losing to this team and since india is elite they shouldn't be losing to them. The fact is india lost to west indies D team it's a fact which is hard to digest for you.

Unlike india we don't get to play at home and don't give me that rubbish UAE is similar to Pakistan.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    I don't think OP put his argument appropriately here. He is trying to put BD as a possible cricket power house, which I think still is long way to go. A proper power house on field is a country that produces top teams in any sports for generations and they can perform across the globe. In that regard, without a series win AUS/SAF after so many years, actually IND-PAK can't be said as power house like AUS or WIN.

However, with a large fan base from 8th largest population in world with a fast growing economy and increase of spending power by middle class gives an opportunity to become a financially cricket nation indeed, which is the 2nd avenue. As I wrote few months back that Cricket ties are not related to on field performance (other wise IND won't have been invited for 5 Test series in UK), we have a great opportunity to strengthen position in cricket universe, which is pathetically poor - 10-12 countries, most of them from 3rd world and in half of those countries it's a dying game.

The amount of interest in cricket in BD actually surprises me in a sense that, we should have been in current state probably 10-15 years back, but we are catching up. Financial security (& investment in domestics) is the prime requirement for any nation to develop in any team game. There could be exceptional individuals in Medal sports (like Anthony Nasty of Suriname, or Frankie Fredricks of Namibia), but for team sports, it doesn't happen than from a poverty ridden, poor system suddenly you get a world champion team. The first steps are heading in right direction - sponsors are coming, people are willing to pay good money to see the game (I didn't watch the 3rd ODI, but a full house watched a dead rubber against ZIM !!!!), and there are lots of investments in the fundamental ares - youth cricket, domestic cricket, academies, qualified coaches .... these are basic minimum to reach at some standard. But, eventually 3 things will determine where we'll stand in cricket - mass people's interest which'll factor financial, a sports/cricket culture which'll keep next generation to come in this game and leadership vision - where BCB (& BD leadership) wants to see Bangladesh in future cricket map.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Yes they have defeated England in England, SOuth Africa in South Africa and Australia in Australia. They they trashed the last time they played in England, this makes it more then 90%. I am not saying we are better then India by any means you are proclaming that india is some sort of an atg team. They have lost in them countries and so have we atleast we compete in England unlike India. By the way shouldn't logic be the other way round since we are rubbish we should be fine losing to this team and since india is elite they shouldn't be losing to them. The fact is india lost to west indies D team it's a fact which is hard to digest for you.

Unlike india we don't get to play at home and don't give me that rubbish UAE is similar to Pakistan.
    The only thing that is hard for you to digest and accept is that Pakistani will never be bas good as India due to multiple reasons, and instead of being bitter, learn to appreciate great cricket.

This home nonsense again - Pakistan will loss 80% of its matches against the top teams no matter where they play, and that is because it is a consequence of lack of skill and temperament more than the pitches.

Do you really want to know our glorious home record before we started playing in the UAE?

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP is trolling but even setting that aside the disrespect shown to Bangladesh by both Indian and Pakistani fans is disappointing to see. Since 2012 Asia Cup they have become a good ODI side, post 2015 WC they have caught everyone's attention. 3 Asia Cup finals (including 1 T20 version), a WC QF and CT SF is a pretty cool resume for a relatively new side And it isn't like they are a boring side, their batting is pretty entertaining if people can take their biased glasses off. Yeah sure their progress in tests and T20 haven't kept pace with ODI but can't always focus on the negatives.

Also we Asians meed to stick together, Bangladesh was part of both India and Pakistan in the recent past, watching them grow should make us happy and not jealous or condescending. It is like the youngest brother of the family finding his wings, I am sure Bangladesh will further improve as will Afghanistan in the future, all good signs for Asian cricket which is the new epicenter of our beloved sport.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The only thing that is hard for you to digest and accept is that Pakistani will never be bas good as India due to multiple reasons, and instead of being bitter, learn to appreciate great cricket.

This home nonsense again - Pakistan will loss 80% of its matches against the top teams no matter where they play, and that is because it is a consequence of lack of skill and temperament more than the pitches.

Do you really want to know our glorious home record before we started playing in the UAE?
    The only thing they have achieved more then us is just winning 1 more world cup. Yes we will never be as good as them. Thanks for letting me know. if they are so good they why have we won more games agaist them. Mayne its hard for you to digest. Comeback when india has won more aganist us. Yes offcourse pakistan will lost becuase you are a future teller god to know.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed216 View Post
    They always go unnoticed when they play outisde Asia.
    Disastrous recent SA tour was as illustration.
    powerhouse??
    My friend, i think u should start giving a bit more attention, perhaps then u will notice. Asian teams generally do poorly when they go outside. Bangladesh isn't any exception either. Just look at how CT winner PAK got destroyed in New Zealand.

Bangladesh was the quarter finalist in last world cup and semi finalist in the last CT. Guess what, those tournaments were held outside Asia. They have also won in West Indies and Drew a tri series In Newzealand. See? If u gave a bit more attention, u would have noticed these.

But yes, obviously BD still has a lot to learn and they will learn it over time. U cant expect everything to happen in an instant. Can u? Look at Pakistan and India. They have been playing cricket for 70/80 years but still haven't managed to win a single test series in Australia or South Africa. Bangladesh have already become a dominant team at home and with time they will expand their dominance outside their home turf as well.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I don't understand what's your reason for the grudge against Bangladesh.

I see OP has gone over board a opened a thread for few people to bash Bangladesh, but here you are putting false facts and still spouting rubbish against Bangladesh fans!!!! There is one BD poster who put you in your place - that's me. But that's still not for the amount of rubbish you sprout, rather for your lousy mouth, to put you in your place for uncalled for trolling. That 2nd BD-ZIM ODI was played exactly at the same time when IND-WIN game was going on - you had no post in that game thread and came to tell in BD game thread that that BCB doesn't invite AFGs for the fear of losing ranking points - so I had to tell you that you are a SHAMELESS TROLL, referring to your previous comment in BD Game thread against PAK of 26th SEP.

"If BD scores 230 I would do a @Slim and quit this forum for good"

You are the poster who got what you deserved in that BD_ZIM game thread, which fortunately for you Admins edited.

AFGs came That IND-BD Test went to last session on Day 5, not 2.5 days - do you think awful BD posters won't notice it? On tour games IND-PAK has lost several games against County/Shield reserves sides - what's your point about the A team game? IND played it's 100th Test in 1967, and you are telling 15-20 after 40 years of Independence - go & check how many Tests IND played by 1987 - even for tools like you it's should be easy from CI.

"Shakib Al Hasan wont be playing for India A team in first class cricket if he was an Indian" - that sums up your level & agenda. And then you are calling BD fans awful here.
    @MenInG - bro, I hope this time you won't delete this post.
    My grudge against BD is for delusional fans like the OP. And trust me, he is one of the modest ones compared to general BD fans that I hv witnessed. Look you can all go personal and call me Shameless troll or how you put me in my place etc (LMAO). Thats absolutely fine, but it DOES NOT change the fact that BD as a cricket team has absolutely achieved nothing in cricket field. Not a single tri series win in their history of cricket, has not beaten India more than 3.5 years now. And for OP to come and boast here like how BD is becoming a powerhouse in cricket is hilarious. You can get personal, call mods etc. but it wont change their aweful records in cricket field and neither it will change my opinion on BD cricket.

Also I may have misquoted, that test match in 2017 got over in 2.5 days. I just had a look into scorecard and you are right. But everyone does mistake, like how you misquoted India's loss against Zimb in 99 WC.

Shakib Al Hassan may be a great player for a team like BD. But I can bet my house he wont play ahead of Ash/Jad/Kul in test cricket for India. Neither he will play ahead of Kul/Cha in LOIs, nor he can replace Pandya as an all rounder. In our A team, he will fight for a spot against Axar, Krunal, Washington, K.Gautham etc.

So you can get all angry and personal with me but I wont say a word. Bcoz you mean nothing to me in real life. But you cant change my opinion either that:

A) BD cant play cricket and has achieved absolutely nothing.

B) Afg will overtake them in very near future and BD is afraid of playing a series with them at home.

Unless they win some tournament etc., my opionion wont change.

But yes, if you dont want me to remind how poor your team is, maybe you should ask OP to not open such threads in 1st place which set up embarrassement for an already embarrasing team.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    They are obviously improving, and can now justifiably be confident of winning games against the top sides, but powerhouse isn't the word you would use to describe them. I don't know if the OP was being sarcastic or maybe just overly enthusiastic, in which case there is no harm in that. They will need to have a couple of really exciting pace bowlers to make neutrals sit up and take notice. Maybe they have, I don't follow cricket that keenly, if I have missed this I apologise.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    B.D. has improved without a doubt. They are especially competitive on slower surfaces. However, calling them 2nd best team of Asia is pure ignorance and hate driven at times. I hope though that they continue their progress to be among the best sides of the world. For that, they will need to prove winning games overseas outside of BD and UAE.

Best of The Best : Tendulkar - Wasim - Gilchrist

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What did BD now do that OP is opening this thread?

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This "being the best" will mean ZERO if they do not win the ODI WC next year.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bujhee kom View Post
    This "being the best" will mean ZERO if they do not win the ODI WC next year.
    It will mean more than being mediocre all year round and failing to win the World Cup.

Getting ranked in the top 2 consistently and failing to win the World Cup

VS

Getting ranked in the bottom half consistency and failing to win the World Cup.

I know which one I prefer. Not a tough choice. Of course, the ideal situation is to win the World Cup either way. No one is disputing that.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    My grudge against BD is for delusional fans like the OP. And trust me, he is one of the modest ones compared to general BD fans that I hv witnessed. Look you can all go personal and call me Shameless troll or how you put me in my place etc (LMAO). Thats absolutely fine, but it DOES NOT change the fact that BD as a cricket team has absolutely achieved nothing in cricket field. Not a single tri series win in their history of cricket, has not beaten India more than 3.5 years now. And for OP to come and boast here like how BD is becoming a powerhouse in cricket is hilarious. You can get personal, call mods etc. but it wont change their aweful records in cricket field and neither it will change my opinion on BD cricket.

Also I may have misquoted, that test match in 2017 got over in 2.5 days. I just had a look into scorecard and you are right. But everyone does mistake, like how you misquoted India's loss against Zimb in 99 WC.

Shakib Al Hassan may be a great player for a team like BD. But I can bet my house he wont play ahead of Ash/Jad/Kul in test cricket for India. Neither he will play ahead of Kul/Cha in LOIs, nor he can replace Pandya as an all rounder. In our A team, he will fight for a spot against Axar, Krunal, Washington, K.Gautham etc.

So you can get all angry and personal with me but I wont say a word. Bcoz you mean nothing to me in real life. But you cant change my opinion either that:

B) Afg will overtake them in very near future and BD is afraid of playing a series with them at home.

But yes, if you dont want me to remind how poor your team is, maybe you should ask OP to not open such threads in 1st place which set up embarrassement for an already embarrasing team.
    You can keep your opinion to yourself, but don't come to troll in BD games. As I mentioned, that day IND-WIN game was going on & I was active in both threads - didn't see you post there and suddenly came to tell that BD is afraid to play AFGs?

You mean even less for me, but I did get angry for your uncalled for trolling effort - I am MMHS, never have tagged anyone to put insult on any team or player, and I am here for almost a decade. You have tagged me at least 3 times in your short career when BD lost a game, and I have responded you each time in civilized manner, then that in ZIM game thread - do you think you deserve any respect? You have been trolling me personally by tagging - and I don't respond; probably from there you could have realized how much I bother for you. That "quit" line came when we were 12-3 out of your usual trolling effort, and I didn't bother to refer that for a month, despite your antics. You are the same guy who was mocking BD team in 1st 2 ODI when ZIM showed some fight - now here you have come to say, it's ZIM!!!!

Shakib has been No. 1 Test all-rounder for almost a decade, one of very few all-rounders who actually averages more with bat than ball, and he averages best among Asian spinners outside Asia and he averages close to 50 in last couple of years, has a Test 5 for against every team that he has played and a Test 50 at least as well, barring SAF. Do you think BD posters will kiss you for what you have written here for him?

Winning against IND in 3.5 years is nothing - we haven't played IND that many. Do you know that for 17 years, IND won 2 Tests outside home - one at Colombo in 1992 & one at Dhaka in 1999. Today, you are trying to take some mileage from AFGs, 5-6 years back it was IRL & ZIM, 10-12 years back Kenya - that's the life of PP - I don't bother about that, because to teach a troll some lessons, no point insulting AFGs here.

Any poster will open a thread here and as long as he is civilized, and factually correct - you should respond it properly with argument - not with twisted facts & figures. You think winning an U19 Asia cup puts AFGs in cricket map as "Tournament winner"? AFGs toured BD in 2016, and they'll come again when schedule permits - next time before embarrassing yourself, you must come with a proof that BCB isn't inviting them out of scare.

PS: Nice try with the ZIM game - for you information (I didn't respond that time because it wasn't needed)- that was a 46 overs game and IND had 3 to win form 9 balls, which you didn't know. That happens when SHAMELESS people with a lousy mouth try to troll in other game threads instead of watching own team playing at same time.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will mean more than being mediocre all year round and failing to win the World Cup.

Getting ranked in the top 2 consistently and failing to win the World Cup

VS

Getting ranked in the bottom half consistency and failing to win the World Cup.

I know which one I prefer. Not a tough choice. Of course, the ideal situation is to win the World Cup either way. No one is disputing that.
    Logical fallacy here mate. If you are ranked 7 or 8 etc, no one really expects you to win the WC. If you are 1-3, you are favoured to win. Now LOIs essentially come down to the WC in each format - the majority of the rest (bilaterals ect) are JAMODIs (and T20s). England and India's superb play will amount to hollow runs if they do not translate that into the big prize.

Only Tests have inherent value. LOI is contingent on who has the cup. The rest is noise.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am willing to bet OP and you are possibly the same person. Let me guess, BD has no problem playing with Aus, NZ, SA, PAK, WI, ENG, etc but somehow scared to play against AFG?

I do not disagree to most of your points, but when you start claiming how Shakib Al Hasan would struggle find a place against likes of Axar Patel and how BD lost that last test India within 2.5 days is when I know you are plain trolling.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India played just15-20 tests in first 40 years of independence. And those days cricket was not popular in Indian subcontinent at all with no money from sponsors or board. So saying how many tests India won in first 20 years in clinging the straws.

India won the ODI world cup and B&H world series just a decade after invention of ODI cricket. They also won the T20 world cup just a year after T20 invention.
    Thank u for accepting the fact that India in its first 20 years was an embarrassment in international cricket. They constantly got humiliated for freaking 20 long years with 0% series victory. They were the epitome of mediocrity.

But obviously I’m not here to bad mouth about India. India was slow learners and had to go through years of humiliation to get their first ever series victory. We certainly can’t expect every team to be as fast learners as Bangladesh or Sri Lanka r. I get that. Bangladesh in its first 15 years have achieved 100 times more than what India Achieved in its first 20 years. They have already won and drawn multiple test series both at home and away, something which India could only dream of in its first 20 years of cricket.

Shakib Al Hasan wont be playing for India A team in first class cricket if he was an Indian. There is no way he is a better test spinner than Ravi Jadeja or Kuldeep in Asian conditions. Maybe in our A team he will play few matches but likes of K Gowtham, Axar Patel will keep him in his toes. The fact that he is regularly made to carry drinks in ipl shows the worth of so called all rounder...lol.

Try again brother prince
    India still have not managed to find out a better all-rounder than the slogger Kapil. Have they? I think first u should focus on finding out someone who is a better alrounder than tailender Kapil. Then u can dream about having an allrounder of Shakibs caliber who is the third best among all the elite allrounders in the history of cricket to have a positive difference between his bowling avg and batting avg. I don’t even wanna mention kapil’s test record here since that’s not the topic of the discussion here. I will just say that his record as a test allrounder is nothing but embarrassing in front of the record of the great Shakib Al Hasan.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A team that has only won 10 test matches since the 1990 in SENA countries out of the 75+ they have played is no elite team by any means. This team will get thrashed every time it plays in these countries.
    Last edited by Ozeirk; 28th October 2018 at 13:59.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can keep your opinion to yourself, but don't come to troll in BD games. As I mentioned, that day IND-WIN game was going on & I was active in both threads - didn't see you post there and suddenly came to tell that BD is afraid to play AFGs?

You mean even less for me, but I did get angry for your uncalled for trolling effort - I am MMHS, never have tagged anyone to put insult on any team or player, and I am here for almost a decade. You have tagged me at least 3 times in your short career when BD lost a game, and I have responded you each time in civilized manner, then that in ZIM game thread - do you think you deserve any respect? You have been trolling me personally by tagging - and I don't respond; probably from there you could have realized how much I bother for you. That "quit" line came when we were 12-3 out of your usual trolling effort, and I didn't bother to refer that for a month, despite your antics. You are the same guy who was mocking BD team in 1st 2 ODI when ZIM showed some fight - now here you have come to say, it's ZIM!!!!

Shakib has been No. 1 Test all-rounder for almost a decade, one of very few all-rounders who actually averages more with bat than ball, and he averages best among Asian spinners outside Asia and he averages close to 50 in last couple of years, has a Test 5 for against every team that he has played and a Test 50 at least as well, barring SAF. Do you think BD posters will kiss you for what you have written here for him?

Winning against IND in 3.5 years is nothing - we haven't played IND that many. Do you know that for 17 years, IND won 2 Tests outside home - one at Colombo in 1992 & one at Dhaka in 1999. Today, you are trying to take some mileage from AFGs, 5-6 years back it was IRL & ZIM, 10-12 years back Kenya - that's the life of PP - I don't bother about that, because to teach a troll some lessons, no point insulting AFGs here.

Any poster will open a thread here and as long as he is civilized, and factually correct - you should respond it properly with argument - not with twisted facts & figures. You think winning an U19 Asia cup puts AFGs in cricket map as "Tournament winner"? AFGs toured BD in 2016, and they'll come again when schedule permits - next time before embarrassing yourself, you must come with a proof that BCB isn't inviting them out of scare.

PS: Nice try with the ZIM game - for you information (I didn't respond that time because it wasn't needed)- that was a 46 overs game and IND had 3 to win form 9 balls, which you didn't know. That happens when SHAMELESS people with a lousy mouth try to troll in other game threads instead of watching own team playing at same time.
    Again you are going in wrong track MMHS and calling me shameless, when i responded all your points without hurling insult and giving my opinion. Where in the forum rules its written that as an Ind fan, I cant comment on BD match threads? I am not following meaningless Ind-WI series anyway. But couldn't resist when few posters started going overboard when BD was doing well against hapless zimb. But why it should bother you where I post anyway?

Shakib can be no.1 for all I care but I dont rate him at all. Again thats my opinion and you choose to ignore it. There is no way he would play more than 20 games if he was an Indian (my opinion again). In A team for first class games, he would get few games...thats all. KKR regularly ignored him for Sunil Narine of all people.

We have played enough cricket in last 3.5 years...12 games to be precise. And you lost all, many times from Ind C team (like Nidhas) and in future I know you will lose again. Its nothing to be ashamed off but there is a gulf of class between 2 teams. Regarding your other points, I dont hv time to reply.

But its a forum, anyone can post or give opinions in any thread. Stop getting personal. Also, you may be in this forum for a decade but I absolutely do not care. Why its so difficult to understand for you that its not personal between you and me. I dont even know you. Its about the OP which says if BD has become superpower in cricket. My opinion, they are far from it. They are an improving team but very soon Afg will overtake them.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    What did BD now do that OP is opening this thread?
    This thread has been made to acknowledge the rapid improvement of Bangladesh cricket team. Winning in West Indies, almost winning the Asia Cup with a second string side (although i consider Bangladesh as the winner of last Asia cup like most of the neutrals) and hammering Zimbabwe in such a dominating fashion certainly deserve some attention.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank u for accepting the fact that India in its first 20 years was an embarrassment in international cricket. They constantly got humiliated for freaking 20 long years with 0% series victory. They were the epitome of mediocrity.

But obviously I’m not here to bad mouth about India. India was slow learners and had to go through years of humiliation to get their first ever series victory. We certainly can’t expect every team to be as fast learners as Bangladesh or Sri Lanka r. I get that. Bangladesh in its first 15 years have achieved 100 times more than what India Achieved in its first 20 years. They have already won and drawn multiple test series both at home and away, something which India could only dream of in its first 20 years of cricket.

India still have not managed to find out a better all-rounder than the slogger Kapil. Have they? I think first u should focus on finding out someone who is a better alrounder than tailender Kapil. Then u can dream about having an allrounder of Shakibs caliber who is the third best among all the elite allrounders in the history of cricket to have a positive difference between his bowling avg and batting avg. I don’t even wanna mention kapil’s test record here since that’s not the topic of the discussion here. I will just say that his record as a test allrounder is nothing but embarrassing in front of the record of the great Shakib Al Hasan.
    India has won a world cup in 83 and B&H world series in 85 after a decade of invention of ODI cricket. Also they won a T20 WC after a year of T20 cricket invention. BD has been an embarrassement since their inception in cricket, so much so that they hv not won a single tri series in their history. Let alone an Asia cup or ICC events. The fact that even after playing for so long their biggest achievement is reaching few Asia cup finals is hilarious. Afg in their short history have alreay whitewashed you once and already hv an U19 asia cup. So hey, I need not re-iterate the humiliating BD cricket history.

Shakib is a minnow basher and goes hiding against bigger teams. He is the same guy chickened out from SA tour knowing his fate. He would not play 20 matches (across formats) if he was from India. Maybe in A team he would play few matches but again there he will tough competition. So yes, Shakib may be a big player for you but his worth is shown to the world by KKR when they benched him for Sunil Narine. He is just a fish in a small pond but a nothing player in bigger teams.

Try again brother Prince...this time harder

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering their own standards Bangladesh has improved a lot but calling them a powerhouse with being ranked:

9th in Tests
    10th in T20s
    7th in ODIs (Which is their best format)

Post no 15 shows the stats of their so called golden period as well, where they are still far behind. Competitive in ODIs in sub continent, yes but thats not good enough.

If this is called a "powerhouse" then I am afraid cricket is dying.
    Last edited by Titan24; 28th October 2018 at 14:17.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    Still not a powerhouse but certainly a nuisance for every single team. Gone are the days when you would turn up against them and expect a 70 run win at least.

However, having said that, I don't see any young Bangladeshi cricketers coming up and taking international cricket like a duck to water. Where is the replacement for the Tamims, Shakibs and Mushfiqurs??? Liton Das is talented but very inconsistent. Sabbir was supposed to be the next big thing and he has faded into oblivion. The bowling looks mediocre outside of Asia.

Maybe the Bangladeshi posters can enlighten on some upcoming youngsters who can take Bangladesh cricket forward??
    A good post. I wanted to see these types of reply while i was writing the opening post. I understand where u r coming from. But liton, Soumya, Mithun, Fizz, Miraz all of them have great potentials and they have already shown their ability on multiple occasions. They just need to work on their temperament to be more consistent. Yes, i know, i know. Easier said than done. But my point is, these young players certainly have the technical ability to replace these Bangladeshi greats. All of them will get more mature with time.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much improved side, yes.

Becoming powerhouse, not yet.

Also they have developed this habit of choking like South Africa, specially against India. Mentally they need to be more strong.

I would like to see more Afg-Ban ODIs and T2OIs.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Test ranking - 9
    ODI ranking - 7
    T20 ranking - 10

Dictionary meaning of word powerhouse will have to be changed to please the OP.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    I am willing to bet OP and you are possibly the same person. Let me guess, BD has no problem playing with Aus, NZ, SA, PAK, WI, ENG, etc but somehow scared to play against AFG?

I do not disagree to most of your points, but when you start claiming how Shakib Al Hasan would struggle find a place against likes of Axar Patel and how BD lost that last test India within 2.5 days is when I know you are plain trolling.
    Not correct at all. Playing against higher ranked teams like Aust, NZ, Pak, Eng is a win-win for BD. If they win, their ratings go up and if they lose it was on expected lines. Every small teams like Ire, Scot etc. would love to play against bigger teams.

But Afg is ranked lower. BCB knows that winning against them would get few credits but a loss means losing valuable ICC ratings. And the fact that Afg just whitewashed them, beat them in 1 game in Asia cup etc. they are scared to play them and risking valuable points.
    Last edited by Canford Cliffs; 28th October 2018 at 14:38.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bujhee kom View Post
    Logical fallacy here mate. If you are ranked 7 or 8 etc, no one really expects you to win the WC. If you are 1-3, you are favoured to win. Now LOIs essentially come down to the WC in each format - the majority of the rest (bilaterals ect) are JAMODIs (and T20s). England and India's superb play will amount to hollow runs if they do not translate that into the big prize.

Only Tests have inherent value. LOI is contingent on who has the cup. The rest is noise.
    It is not about fallacies, it is about relative success. I made my point crystal clear so I donít see the reason for the confusion. Let me reiterate:

Every team wants to win the World Cup and it is undoubtedly the biggest prize in ODIs. However, if you do not win the World Cup, what is the next big thing? Winning bilateral consistently against the top teams and thus getting ranked in the top 2-3.

Not winning the World Cup and doing great in bilaterals is much better than not winning the World Cup and getting thrashed in bilaterals.

If you want to say that there is no effective difference between being ranked 1st or 8th as the 1st ranked team does not win the World Cup, then I will have to disagree with you. Something will always be better than nothing.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No, not yet.

I'm actually scared for Bangladesh. They have absolutely zero talent coming through. And their best players will be gone after the next 4-5 years. This will be a crucial period for them.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Again you are going in wrong track MMHS and calling me shameless, when i responded all your points without hurling insult and giving my opinion. Where in the forum rules its written that as an Ind fan, I cant comment on BD match threads? I am not following meaningless Ind-WI series anyway. But couldn't resist when few posters started going overboard when BD was doing well against hapless zimb. But why it should bother you where I post anyway?

Shakib can be no.1 for all I care but I dont rate him at all. Again thats my opinion and you choose to ignore it. There is no way he would play more than 20 games if he was an Indian (my opinion again). In A team for first class games, he would get few games...thats all. KKR regularly ignored him for Sunil Narine of all people.

We have played enough cricket in last 3.5 years...12 games to be precise. And you lost all, many times from Ind C team (like Nidhas) and in future I know you will lose again. Its nothing to be ashamed off but there is a gulf of class between 2 teams. Regarding your other points, I dont hv time to reply.

But its a forum, anyone can post or give opinions in any thread. Stop getting personal. Also, you may be in this forum for a decade but I absolutely do not care. Why its so difficult to understand for you that its not personal between you and me. I dont even know you. Its about the OP which says if BD has become superpower in cricket. My opinion, they are far from it. They are an improving team but very soon Afg will overtake them.

It shouldn't bother me where you post, unless you are trolling - like not following meaningless IND-WIN series, but present in BD-ZIM thread ..... must be a higher profile series then. T20 teams are formed on combination with a quota of foreigners - Shakib was among best players for KKR couple of seasons back, they changed their combination, he changed his team - that doesn't make him at per with Axer & Sunder; then you have come to prove awfulness of BD fans.

You can keep your opinion to yourself, hardly matters but don't come to say BD fans awful, you are even worse than that. OP has put a question to discuss about BD "becoming" a cricket super power - he hasn't said it has become a superpower. I didn't like the topic hence didn't post here and won't have come to post here unless some of you brought me here.

In your post, you have mentioned many times about Bangladesh being awful in cricket - do you realize what you post? Being a Bengali from West Bengal, do you understand where you stand in sports or any aspect in Indian Union? Being British Indian Capital for 150 years, Calcutta has been the most benefited sports city in South Asia - every Indian icon sports institution is built first there - Eden Gardens, Salt Lake, Netaji Indoor Stadium, Tollyganj Golf Course, South Kolkata Tennis Club ...... how many sportsman have you produced over 80 years now? Where do you exists in Indian sports map - half of your Ranji players used to come from spill overs from Delhi & Mumbai - why do you talk so rich about Bangladesh & it's cricket? It's not only in Cricket - being the British Capital & India's top Financial capital for 200 years, you GDP is close to war torn AFGs, 60% of India's average, your sports is close to Nepal - it's the West, South & North India feeding you, and you have come here to "Shape" BD posters - do you think people are fools?

There are posters here take a dig at BD (any team), but they do appreciate BD as well, when we win - you are among very few means here who hides that time after trolling for every game - that's awful, you understand? You can remain in PP as your wish, but you have to behave properly - it's disgusting for me to continue such disgraceful conversation, but I can't help. AFG's can become World Champs, congrats to them - but I hope you'll come here to post next time BD plays AFGs or any team in proper spirit; it won't be any issue.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozeirk View Post
    A team that has only won 10 test matches since the 1990 in SENA countries out of the 75+ they have played is no elite team by any means. This team will get thrashed every time it plays in these countries.
    That is you definition of elite - my definition of elite in Test cricket is rankings, and India have occupied the Mace for much longer than Pakistan and are clearly an elite Test team.

The ICC World Test Championship Final at Lordís in 2021 will contested between the top two ranked teams, and not between the two teams with the best record in SENA since 1990.

Rankings are literally the only thing that matters in Test cricket, not record in XYZ countries.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Not correct at all. Playing against higher ranked teams like Aust, NZ, Pak, Eng is a win-win for BD. If they win, their ratings go up and if they lose it was on expected lines. Every small teams like Ire, Scot etc. would love to play against bigger teams.

But Afg is ranked lower. BCB knows that winning against them would get few credits but a loss means losing valuable ICC ratings. And the fact that Afg just whitewashed them, beat them in 1 game in Asia cup etc. they are scared to play them and risking valuable points.
    That equation is valid for every team - what new are you telling here? Or do you think ranking system works differently for different teams. IND is not playing PAK or AUS cancelled last BD tour - are they scared as well? Don't try to justify with some logic that beyond your grasp - people'll call you simpleton as well.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, and what is wrong with that? You guys don't invite us, Pak stopped playing us, Aus is afraid to play any lower ranked teams these days but I don't see your rants about why these teams don't play with BD more often.

Since 2015, BD played AFG in World Cup, 3 match ODI series at home in 2016, T20 Series at home, Asia cup matches. I would say BD has played AFG more than enough.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Shakib is comfortably better than Pandya and a better test batsman than Ashwin and Jadeja.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    No, not yet.

I'm actually scared for Bangladesh. They have absolutely zero talent coming through. And their best players will be gone after the next 4-5 years. This will be a crucial period for them.
    Can you elaborate please? After Asia Cup, I see this is new issue comes to hurt us. Phasing out current generation is the biggest issue for every team. PAK survived against AFGs, from the MoM performance of a guy debuting in last millennium, SRL has been gone down alarmingly after couple of their stalwarts have retired - after Herath & Malinga, they'll go down further; even IND is struggling to phase out their middle order - that's a common problem for any team.

In Asia Cup, we beat PAK comprehensively with two of the best players; in the Final, best 5 players were 23, 23, 21, 25 & 29. If I look at the current BD team, 6 of the starters are U25, even Mushi, Shakib, Mahmudullah & Tamim are in early 30s - and I must say, they are not Pakistani early 30s, I know each of them personally - they have at least one more WC after 2019 left in them.

Average age of BD team is among the youngest in world, with the senior most player is 33 and there are 4 starters in early 20s - Miraz, Liton, Mustafiz & Soumya; there are at lest half a dozen players waiting for a spot; Mithun made the team after being fringe player for 2-3 years, and he made 2 telling contributions in Asia Cup. There are at least 3-4 bowlers waiting in the wings, but tactically we can't make a change now before WC - bowling weak link is Mashrafee, but he needs to be there; other 2 are good enough to keep next batch waiting (you may check few figures regarding BD bowling, instead of going with usual PP hype trend).

I do appreciate your concern, but do you realize or look back what you are posting here? Every period is crucial for us, but that's not because "absolutely zero talent coming through".

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That equation is valid for every team - what new are you telling here? Or do you think ranking system works differently for different teams. IND is not playing PAK or AUS cancelled last BD tour - are they scared as well? Don't try to justify with some logic that beyond your grasp - people'll call you simpleton as well.
    India dont play Pakistan bcoz of political issue and govt clearance. However, BCCIs stance of not playing Pak in bilaterals but only in ICC events is hypocritical, agreed. Australia didnt tour BD due to some security threat, if I recall.

But none of the teams dont play bcoz they are scared of losing or anything. BD has many times ignored to invite Afg but does repeatedly invite likes of zimb makes me suspicious. But after the recent whitewash, my suspicious changed into conviction.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India has won a world cup in 83 and B&H world series in 85 after a decade of invention of ODI cricket. Also they won a T20 WC after a year of T20 cricket invention. BD has been an embarrassement since their inception in cricket, so much so that they hv not won a single tri series in their history. Let alone an Asia cup or ICC events. The fact that even after playing for so long their biggest achievement is reaching few Asia cup finals is hilarious. Afg in their short history have alreay whitewashed you once and already hv an U19 asia cup. So hey, I need not re-iterate the humiliating BD cricket history.
    India started playing international cricket in early 1930s. Got beaten to the pulps by everybody for years and won their first ever series after 20 years of humiliation.

India Started playing ODIs in 74 but they kept their trend of getting humiliated by the rest of the other teams which is why they couldn't manage to win a single test series in their first 7/8 years of odi cricket even though they already had 40 years of experience of playing international cricket. This was the level of the mediocrity of the Indian team. Let that sink in buddy.

Again, my intention is not to degrade India. But truth is always bitter. They were pathetic in their first 2/3 decades, everyone knows it. India have won the world cup after playing cricket for 50 long years. On the other hand Bangladesh have been playing international cricket for just 20 years and they have already reached semifinal and quarterfinal of major ICC events.

As I said earlier, if Bangladesh had played cricket for that long they would've won multiple test series in Australia and England which India still haven't managed to achieve. The mediocrity of the indian team in its initial years is unmatched in the history of cricket.

Shakib is a minnow basher and goes hiding against bigger teams. He is the same guy chickened out from SA tour knowing his fate. He would not play 20 matches (across formats) if he was from India. Maybe in A team he would play few matches but again there he will tough competition. So yes, Shakib may be a big player for you but his worth is shown to the world by KKR when they benched him for Sunil Narine. He is just a fish in a small pond but a nothing player in bigger teams.

Try again brother Prince...this time harder
    As I said earlier, tailender Kapil with a batting and bowling average of around 30 in tests with zero double hundred is still considered as the best allrounder that India has produced in cricket. When this is the level of the mediocrity of the top most Indian All rounder then I can easily understand why Indians get so insecure when they hear the name of ATG shakib who as an allrounder is head and shoulder above anyone that India has produced in its hundred years of cricket history. I feel ur pain man

And about skipping the series, haha. He has better bowling recorded outside Asia than most of the frontline spiners who have played for India in its entire cricket history. Another dose of reality check for u man. Haha.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I said earlier, tailender Kapil with a batting and bowling average of around 30 in tests with zero double hundred is still considered as the best allrounder that India has produced in cricket. When this is the level of the mediocrity of the top most Indian All rounder then I can easily understand why Indians get so insecure when they hear the name of ATG shakib who as an allrounder is head and shoulder above anyone that India has produced in its hundred years of cricket history. I feel ur pain man
    I have always liked and admired Shakib. But you honestly believe he is a better all rounder than Kapil Dev was?

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I said earlier, if Bangladesh had played cricket for that long they would've won multiple test series in Australia and England which India still haven't managed to achieve. The mediocrity of the indian team in its initial years is unmatched in the history of cricket.
    Goodness! No subcontinent team has been able to do that till date.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    I have always liked and admired Shakib. But you honestly believe he is a better all rounder than Kapil Dev was?
    I don't, in fact Kapil is one of my favorites. But, do you really think the discussion going on here regarding Shakib - does he deserve that?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

For you and other posters who keep bringing India/Pakistan into this discussion, I would suggest that Bangladesh being rated as a powerhouse is not really linked to the performances of either of these teams exclusively, so using this thread to big up or trash the teams of your personal choice is not really doing the Bangladesh claim any favours. They deserve more respect than that.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Powerhouse lost 3-0 to Afg in T20s, were bowled out for under 50 in an innings and could score 200 combined in a test match and too against the current WI side. All their fans only talk abt ODI cricket bcz they have won 3,4 series and few matches.

Nothing personal here but considering the rankings and even recent performances in all the formats except may be ODIs, its nothing close to a power house. Thoughts of some Bangladeshi fan here after winning few matches in just one format is just surprising.

They rank 7th in their best format, and that speaks it all for itself.

Improving, definitely and that is a good thing for cricket but still far behind overall. No upcoming good fast bowlers or solid batsmen is a thing to worry when we take into account the resources of other cricketing nations.
    Last edited by Titan24; 28th October 2018 at 16:13.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This thread has been made to acknowledge the rapid improvement of Bangladesh cricket team. Winning in West Indies, almost winning the Asia Cup with a second string side (although i consider Bangladesh as the winner of last Asia cup like most of the neutrals) and hammering Zimbabwe in such a dominating fashion certainly deserve some attention.
    Look , cricket is seriously played by 8-10 countries at good level.

BD current rank in all three formats,

9th in Tests
    10th in T20s
    7th in ODIs

How can a country be termed as powerhouse among 10 countries when the same country is ranked 7-10 in 3 formats?

If you are talking about potential then it's a good discussion.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Look , cricket is seriously played by 8-10 countries at good level.

BD current rank in all three formats,

9th in Tests
    10th in T20s
    7th in ODIs

How can a country be termed as powerhouse among 10 countries when the same country is ranked 7-10 in 3 formats?

If you are talking about potential then it's a good discussion.
    Even if we are talking about potential, you would need to have a couple of highly rated fast bowlers in the team which is the point I made earlier and I don't think it has been addressed. Does Bangladesh possess these? I don't follow cricket that closely so for all I know they might have two absolute ripper pace bowlers.