Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Even if we are talking about potential, you would need to have a couple of highly rated fast bowlers in the team which is the point I made earlier and I don't think it has been addressed. Does Bangladesh possess these? I don't follow cricket that closely so for all I know they might have two absolute ripper pace bowlers.
    When I say potential, I meant in the next 15-20 years. I don't see BD consistently ranked among the top 3-4 teams in the next 5 years.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I dont see the need for any detailed debate here.

Bangladesh used to be the whipping boys of Asia but have improved enough to beat any team in Asian conditions on their day.

They just dont produce fast bowlers, until this changes they wont win anything meaningful.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Look , cricket is seriously played by 8-10 countries at good level.

BD current rank in all three formats,

9th in Tests
    10th in T20s
    7th in ODIs

How can a country be termed as powerhouse among 10 countries when the same country is ranked 7-10 in 3 formats?

If you are talking about potential then it's a good discussion.
    I think we are talking about ODIs only. While by no means a powerhouse, I think going from like 50 rating points to about 100 ratings points in the past few years is huge improvement. However, no one will mention it since people only looks at rankings and trophies.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    I think we are talking about ODIs only. While by no means a powerhouse, I think going from like 50 rating points to about 100 ratings points in the past few years is huge improvement. However, no one will mention it since people only looks at rankings and trophies.
    OP is about BD becoming a powerhouse so you can't blame posters to talk about ranking and trophies.

If OP was talking about improvement in BD or future potential then it will be a different discussion.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMan_ View Post
    My friend, i think u should start giving a bit more attention, perhaps then u will notice. Asian teams generally do poorly when they go outside. Bangladesh isn't any exception either. Just look at how CT winner PAK got destroyed in New Zealand.

Bangladesh was the quarter finalist in last world cup and semi finalist in the last CT. Guess what, those tournaments were held outside Asia. They have also won in West Indies and Drew a tri series In Newzealand. See? If u gave a bit more attention, u would have noticed these.

But yes, obviously BD still has a lot to learn and they will learn it over time. U cant expect everything to happen in an instant. Can u? Look at Pakistan and India. They have been playing cricket for 70/80 years but still haven't managed to win a single test series in Australia or South Africa. Bangladesh have already become a dominant team at home and with time they will expand their dominance outside their home turf as well.
    Ok. But u seem to overlook most of their performances on away tours. Yes they have improved but i still wont associate the term 'powerhouse' with them. Being a bangla fan u have every reason to stay positive. Ur team has come a long way

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely 2nd best Asian side after India. It was commendable what they have done in the recent Asia Cup without their main players Tamim and Shakib. They are not very competitive in Tests and T20s though. But I would pay to watch Ind vs Bangla ODIs anyday. ODIs against Pak have become very one-sided of late. In fact I would want to see a Tri-series of India-Bangladesh-Afghanistan sometime in the near future.

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In an ICC tournament, BD probably has better chance of defeating Pak now than Ind since the thrashing of Indians in champions trophy. I do not give much significance to dead wicket tournaments in UAE. On a wicket that is more balanced for Bowlers and bats, India is just a one man team and will get ravaged again by Pak. India has only one bowler Bumrah and even he was taken to cleaners in the ICC tournament. Since Pak has proven in ICC tournament to be the best, I am sure BD has the potential to be 2nd best.

Best of The Best : Tendulkar - Wasim - Gilchrist

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    That is you definition of elite - my definition of elite in Test cricket is rankings, and India have occupied the Mace for much longer than Pakistan and are clearly an elite Test team.

The ICC World Test Championship Final at Lord’s in 2021 will contested between the top two ranked teams, and not between the two teams with the best record in SENA since 1990.

Rankings are literally the only thing that matters in Test cricket, not record in XYZ countries.
    Xyz countries are 50% of worlds test teams. Australia of the early 2000s, Wi of the 70s and early 80s, Pakistan under Imran Khan were the elite test teams who were able to perform on most grounds around the world. India has only been able to get the rankings through one sided pitches they prepare against touring nations and compared to Pakistan play a lot more test matches on their home grounds giving a boost to their rankings. All this will not change the fact that India is a poor test team in most countries. When a reality check in handed to them in their upcoming tour of Australia I am looking forward to seeing the excuses you will come up with.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More like a powerhouse in Nagin dance.

Afghanistan is better LOI side overall than Bangladesh.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I dont see the need for any detailed debate here.

Bangladesh used to be the whipping boys of Asia but have improved enough to beat any team in Asian conditions on their day.

They just dont produce fast bowlers, until this changes they wont win anything meaningful.
    Bangladesh has world renowned fizz at their disposal who is better than any fast BOWLER currently playing for teams like Pakistan, SL, WI or NZ. He would've been in anomg top 5 bowers in ICC ranking but his injury has prevented him from playing quite a number of series.

U don't even need world class fast bowlers to be a cricket powerhouse, that's ur misconception. India didn't have single world class fast bowler when they won wt20 in 07, wc in 11, CT in 12/13 and became no 1 test team.

Bangladesh has Tamim who's one of the best openers from Asia right now, they have Mushfiqur who is easily one of the best middle order batsman in the world who has been averaging around 50 for last 3/4 years, they have Shakib who's once in a generation type Allrounder and arguably the second best allrounder to ever emerge from Asia.

Then add dependable mahamudullah, talented liton, Soumya and Sabbir in the mix and what u will get as a result is a great cricket team who r capable enough to beat anyone, anywhere in any given day.

We have seen how they smashed SL and Pak in their home ground recently with their second string team, haven't we? Also dont forget the fact that they have built a good cricket infrastructure with a good governing body which many Asian teams in the past took years to built. They also have the 3rd best t20 league in the world after IPL and BPL where hundreds of foreign players participate. A perfect example of a cricket powerhouse.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    It shouldn't bother me where you post, unless you are trolling - like not following meaningless IND-WIN series, but present in BD-ZIM thread ..... must be a higher profile series then. T20 teams are formed on combination with a quota of foreigners - Shakib was among best players for KKR couple of seasons back, they changed their combination, he changed his team - that doesn't make him at per with Axer & Sunder; then you have come to prove awfulness of BD fans.

You can keep your opinion to yourself, hardly matters but don't come to say BD fans awful, you are even worse than that. OP has put a question to discuss about BD "becoming" a cricket super power - he hasn't said it has become a superpower. I didn't like the topic hence didn't post here and won't have come to post here unless some of you brought me here.

In your post, you have mentioned many times about Bangladesh being awful in cricket - do you realize what you post? Being a Bengali from West Bengal, do you understand where you stand in sports or any aspect in Indian Union? Being British Indian Capital for 150 years, Calcutta has been the most benefited sports city in South Asia - every Indian icon sports institution is built first there - Eden Gardens, Salt Lake, Netaji Indoor Stadium, Tollyganj Golf Course, South Kolkata Tennis Club ...... how many sportsman have you produced over 80 years now? Where do you exists in Indian sports map - half of your Ranji players used to come from spill overs from Delhi & Mumbai - why do you talk so rich about Bangladesh & it's cricket? It's not only in Cricket - being the British Capital & India's top Financial capital for 200 years, you GDP is close to war torn AFGs, 60% of India's average, your sports is close to Nepal - it's the West, South & North India feeding you, and you have come here to "Shape" BD posters - do you think people are fools?

There are posters here take a dig at BD (any team), but they do appreciate BD as well, when we win - you are among very few means here who hides that time after trolling for every game - that's awful, you understand? You can remain in PP as your wish, but you have to behave properly - it's disgusting for me to continue such disgraceful conversation, but I can't help. AFG's can become World Champs, congrats to them - but I hope you'll come here to post next time BD plays AFGs or any team in proper spirit; it won't be any issue.
    Don't know if you are ignorant or just writing all this just to give yourself self satisfaction

Barring 1-2 players the Bengal Ranji team consists of players who are Bengalis or were born there and live there.Bengal was a football loving state that's why they didn't focus much on Cricket
    Those footballers were part of Indian side which won gold in Asian Games(twice) and help India reach semifinal of 1956 Olympics.
    And you are comparing Bengal with Nepal in sports?lemme tell you in the recent Asian Games Bangladesh returned empty handed where Bengal contributed few medals for India including a gold from Swapna Burman.There is also a Leander Paes who comes from Kolkata and he has an Oly medal which is still a dream for your nation.He has also won 5 Asian Ahamed gold,ur country has won just 1 in their history.
    You guys should not have the audacity to show down an Indian state in sports,even a country like Nepal won a Silver in Asian Games,you got big anda.So u realise how pathetic you are?i can give many more examples of Bengal's contribution in Indian sports but this forum isn't for such discussions so I would stop here.
    PS:I am not from Bengal neither I am a Bengali.

Coming to cricket
    Bengal gave us Sourav Ganguly,the greatest Test captain of India IMO
    Jagmohan Dalmiya fought for our cricket and he was the one who played a vital role in taking cricket to 2nd or 3rd tier cities and that's why we are producing better cricketers now.

I support BD team unless they are playing India,FMs ranked lower than them or associates and I have also liked their progress in last 3-4 years but it's the fans like u make we Indians hate your team

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sometimes wonder why do ppl lose their temper whenever they hear some unpleasant truths. Just look at some of my friends here calling others trolls unnecessarily without even touching a single point raised in the opening post and subsequent replies.

Yes, i understand that u r envious of Bangladesh's success as a cricket team. But i think its time for u to get back to the reality and accept things as it is. I know u all will eventually agree with me since most of my points r to the point and backed up by actual facts. Some of u r at the anger stage right now. U just have to get past couple of more stages to complete the cycle of acceptance. I know eventually all of u will come to that acceptance stage.
    hmmm. (looks at team rankings).
    sees bangladesh ranked at 9th in tests, only above zimbabwe.
    sees bangladesh ranked at 7th in odis, only above west indies, the refugees and zimbabwe
    sees bangladesh below afghanistanin t20s

accidently clicks on a link showing bangladesh tour to west indies.

opens bangla cricket trophy cabinet at bcb headquaters.

the trophy cabinet is empty, except for five "we beat pakistan trophy" that is handed to them every time they beat pakistan in an odi.

also sees two "we almost won asia cup " trophies

sure man whatever you say, bangladesh is some power house.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRyan10 View Post
    Don't know if you are ignorant or just writing all this just to give yourself self satisfaction

Barring 1-2 players the Bengal Ranji team consists of players who are Bengalis or were born there and live there.Bengal was a football loving state that's why they didn't focus much on Cricket
    Those footballers were part of Indian side which won gold in Asian Games(twice) and help India reach semifinal of 1956 Olympics.
    And you are comparing Bengal with Nepal in sports?lemme tell you in the recent Asian Games Bangladesh returned empty handed where Bengal contributed few medals for India including a gold from Swapna Burman.There is also a Leander Paes who comes from Kolkata and he has an Oly medal which is still a dream for your nation.He has also won 5 Asian Ahamed gold,ur country has won just 1 in their history.
    You guys should not have the audacity to show down an Indian state in sports,even a country like Nepal won a Silver in Asian Games,you got big anda.So u realise how pathetic you are?i can give many more examples of Bengal's contribution in Indian sports but this forum isn't for such discussions so I would stop here.

Coming to cricket
    Jagmohan Dalmiya fought for our cricket and he was the one who played a vital role in taking cricket to 2nd or 3rd tier cities and that's why we are producing better cricketers now.

I support BD team unless they are playing India,FMs ranked lower than them or associates and I have also liked their progress in last 3-4 years but it's the fans like u make we Indians hate your team
    There is a reason why BD is poor in all sports and trust me they wont be in top 3 ranked cricket side atleast for next 40 years. Pretty soon likes of Afg will surpass them in all formats.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ashraful Rox made a valid point though. Bd's best batting phase ever I think had shakib, Tamim,mushfiq all at their peaks at one point. But from what I've seen of the next generation of batting talents, they either lack talent or the will to take it to the next level. In fact , while Sowmya and Liton are talented, they are frustratingly inconsistent and that opener they tried recently - nazmul looked terrible. BD need to improve their batting culture to match top teams consistently. The bowling ironically would do alright I think since these flat pitch , big bats era would minimise the differences in bowling attacks imo.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Coming to cricket

Pls ignore my post - it was uncalled for.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    There is a reason why BD is poor in all sports and trust me they wont be in top 3 ranked cricket side atleast for next 40 years. Pretty soon likes of Afg will surpass them in all formats.
    Lol, like entire subcontinent is very good when it comes to sports in general. I am not sure whether to laugh or cry when the other poster brought freaking "Asian Games" into the discussion. Next he will talk about how great IND is in football by winning god knows what tournament.

I got nothing against IND, and I think most Indian fans these days are tolerable except few.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If the OP means the country has the potential to become a powerhouse then yes they do.

Are they one now? No.

Why? Quite simple. Your bowling attack.

India have based their success on their batting but their spinners have always been world class

Pakistan has had fast or fast medium pacers to turn to when trying to win matches ably supported by world class spinners

Lanka have had a similar progression. A good medium pace plus wc spin combo.

The day bang finds a really Good spinner combined with a wc medium pacer they will really step things up.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, like entire subcontinent is very good when it comes to sports in general. I am not sure whether to laugh or cry when the other poster brought freaking "Asian Games" into the discussion. Next he will talk about how great IND is in football by winning god knows what tournament.

I got nothing against IND, and I think most Indian fans these days are tolerable except few.
    I wasn't the 1st to bring these topics into discussion
    It was MMHS who tried to ridicule the Indian state of Bengal so I replied to him,chec the post #66
    And yes Asian Games is a big event,maybe because your country sucks there so it won't mean much to u
    But I have a friend from Bangladesh who is a sports journalist,he was embarrassed with your country's performance there
    India isn't a great sporting nation but a Bangladeshi should not have the audacity to Run down India or any of our state
    He even bought topics like GDP & all
    But u simply ignored that and now u are mocking me even though MMHS has himself admitted his mistake in post #95

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything can happen in "40 years"
    No one would have thought 40 years back that Windies beating India in an odi would be a "huge upset"

But I can predict the near future that's for next 5-6 years as I have an idea of talent available in their ranks
    And I don't see them entering top3 in any format
    They might achieve a bit more though maybe winning a test series against a SENA nation at home or they may even whitewash one of them
    Chances are more likely against Aus or SA

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by warcry View Post
    hmmm. (looks at team rankings).
    sees bangladesh ranked at 9th in tests, only above zimbabwe.
    sees bangladesh ranked at 7th in odis, only above west indies, the refugees and zimbabwe
    sees bangladesh below afghanistanin t20s

accidently clicks on a link showing bangladesh tour to west indies.

opens bangla cricket trophy cabinet at bcb headquaters.

the trophy cabinet is empty, except for five "we beat pakistan trophy" that is handed to them every time they beat pakistan in an odi.

also sees two "we almost won asia cup " trophies

sure man whatever you say, bangladesh is some power house.
    What types of trophies r u talking about here. Bangladesh is a new cricket team. Obviously they will have less trophies in their trophy cabinet.

SA has been playing cricket for close to hundred years now but they have managed to win only one icc trophy in their entire cricket history. It means nothing. Bangladesh has been playing international cricket for just over 20 years and they r easily one of the most rapidly improving teams in the history of the cricket. They have achieved things that other teams took decades to achieve. Keep that in mind. Obviously they will win big trophies in future. But they need time for that. U can't expect them to achieve everything instantly, can u?

Who told u that we consider victory against Pakistan as something really important. Not at all my friend. As the second best loi team in ASIA we always expect our team to beat Pakistan. As a matter of fact in last 3/4 years Pakistan got outclassed every time they played against Bangladesh. All the matches were one sided borefests.

International T20s r completely insignificant unless its wt20. Nobody takes them seriously. They r played just for fun at the end of a series so that teams can try out their new players. Its ranking is as pointless as it can get. Don't believe me? Just look at the ranking of SA in t20 and then compare it with the ur odi and test ranking. Defeat in a pointless international t20 series means little to nothing.

Even 15 years haven't passed since Bangladesh have started to play test cricket and they have already won and drawn test series away from home. How many teams in the history of cricket have the record of such rapid improvement ? The number is almost zero.

Lastly, nobody can win a big win match if they constantly keep getting bad decisions in crunch moments. Bangladesh would've hammered India and would have won the Asia Cup with their second string team if umpires were neutral.

The dominant performance of Bangladesh in Asia cup, the way they have hammered west indies in West indies, the way Zimbabwe got blown away by them, the way they drew test series against teams like England, Australia and SL, the way they thrashed Pakistan, India and southafrica in Lois clearly suggest that day by day Bangladesh is becoming one of the most dominant cricket team in the world.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What types of trophies r u talking about here. Bangladesh is a new cricket team. Obviously they will have less trophies in their trophy cabinet.

SA has been playing cricket for close to hundred years now but they have managed to win only one icc trophy in their entire cricket history. It means nothing. Bangladesh has been playing international cricket for just over 20 years and they r easily one of the most rapidly improving teams in the history of the cricket. They have achieved things that other teams took decades to achieve. Keep that in mind. Obviously they will win big trophies in future. But they need time for that. U can't expect them to achieve everything instantly, can u?

Who told u that we consider victory against Pakistan as something really important. Not at all my friend. As the second best loi team in ASIA we always expect our team to beat Pakistan. As a matter of fact in last 3/4 years Pakistan got outclassed every time they played against Bangladesh. All the matches were one sided borefests.

International T20s r completely insignificant unless its wt20. Nobody takes them seriously. They r played just for fun at the end of a series so that teams can try out their new players. Its ranking is as pointless as it can get. Don't believe me? Just look at the ranking of SA in t20 and then compare it with the ur odi and test ranking. Defeat in a pointless international t20 series means little to nothing.

Even 15 years haven't passed since Bangladesh have started to play test cricket and they have already won and drawn test series away from home. How many teams in the history of cricket have the record of such rapid improvement ? The number is almost zero.

Lastly, nobody can win a big win match if they constantly keep getting bad decisions in crunch moments. Bangladesh would've hammered India and would have won the Asia Cup with their second string team if umpires were neutral.

The dominant performance of Bangladesh in Asia cup, the way they have hammered west indies in West indies, the way Zimbabwe got blown away by them, the way they drew test series against teams like England, Australia and SL, the way they thrashed Pakistan, India and southafrica in Lois clearly suggest that day by day Bangladesh is becoming one of the most dominant cricket team in the world.
    Its not about ICC trophies only, BD has not even won a single tri series in their history of cricket. Yes, SA was touch unlucky with ICC trophies but a fool would equate SA with a perennial minnows like BD. SA has many tri series wins, was no.1 test team for many years, produced legends of the game. BD best players like Tamim, Mushfiq or Shakib wont get into playing XI of SA team. Also playing for just 20 years is an excuse. Afg playing cricket for 8 years only and they already hv an U19 Asia cup. They also whitewashed BD recently and most people know that they are a better side.

BD is an improving team is a myth as well. Yes they had a good 2015 bcoz of a mystery spinner like Mustafiz. Once team figured him out, he started getting whacked in all quarters. BD since that 2015 series has not beaten India in any games for 3.5 years. Reached CT semi final by fluke only to get embarrassed by India again. They also got absolutely mauled in SA in all formats, lost the tri series at home, got mauled by WI in tests, got whitewashed by Afg in T20s. Thats definitely not a definition of an improving team. If anything they are detoriating since that fluke 2015.

Also, BD golden boys (per BD standards) like Shakib, Mushfiq, Tamim are all in their 30s. Once they retire, with bench strength worst that Div II of county teams, they will only go downward from here. Its only a matter of time, before Afg starts beating BD in all formats. But yes, BCB can chicken out and not play against them like they are doing now though.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1647 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There is loadshedding going on in the powerhouse

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Threads like this serves no purpose but brings more embarrassement to a BD. Now everytime BD fails (which is a regularity), people will bump this powerhouse thread.

Atleast I will

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    If the OP means the country has the potential to become a powerhouse then yes they do.

Are they one now? No.

Why? Quite simple. Your bowling attack.

India have based their success on their batting but their spinners have always been world class

Pakistan has had fast or fast medium pacers to turn to when trying to win matches ably supported by world class spinners

Lanka have had a similar progression. A good medium pace plus wc spin combo.

The day bang finds a really Good spinner combined with a wc medium pacer they will really step things up.
    Hi TGK, I'm glad to see u after a long time. Did u enjoy the match between BD-PAK in the last Asia cup?

As I said many times in the past, a series between BD-PAK in UAE will be a mouth watering prospect where Bangladesh will start as the favourites in ODIs and ppl will come in members to enjoy the show. Hope u won't disagree with me now by saying that financially it will be a loss for PCB.

As for the miduim fast bowlers, I think fizz has all the ingredients to become an atg fast bowler, especially in ODIs. But I agree with u that they need a good test class spinner in their line up. Miraz is good but he needs to work on his bowling to get success constantly in test cricket.
    Last edited by RainMan_; 29th October 2018 at 12:53.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi TGK, I'm glad to see u after a long time. Did u enjoy the match between BD-PAK in the last Asia cup?

As I said many times in the past, a series between BD-PAK in UAE will be a mouth watering prospect where Bangladesh will start as the favourites in ODIs and ppl will come in members to enjoy the show. Hope u won't disagree with me now by saying that financially it will be a loss for PCB.

As for the miduim fast bowlers, I think fizz has all the ingredients to become an atg fast bowler, especially in ODIs. But I agree with u that they need a good test class spinner in their line up. Miraz is good but he needs to work on his bowling to get success constantly in test cricket.
    Fizz has no ingredients to become an ATG fast bowler. He is just a fast spinner witha longer run up, a few miles quicker than Kumble and touch slower than Afridi's faster deliveries. The only thing he has in his disposal are cutters and can only be effective in Asian conditions where the pitch is holding up. Also teams who are facing him first time will find it tough to figure out his cutters. He is just a poor man's Dwayne Bravo.

He dont hv seam, swing, pace nothing. He will mostly struggle in pitches that are not slow and dusty, like he was treated like a club bowler in CT. So he will never be a good bowler, let alone an ATG.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Pls ignore my post - it was uncalled for.
    Sometimes you challenge my patience by answering some nonsense. Go with the flow bro. That's me now.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't the 1st to bring these topics into discussion
    It was MMHS who tried to ridicule the Indian state of Bengal so I replied to him,chec the post #66
    And yes Asian Games is a big event,maybe because your country sucks there so it won't mean much to u
    But I have a friend from Bangladesh who is a sports journalist,he was embarrassed with your country's performance there
    India isn't a great sporting nation but a Bangladeshi should not have the audacity to Run down India or any of our state
    He even bought topics like GDP & all
    But u simply ignored that and now u are mocking me even though MMHS has himself admitted his mistake in post #95
    It was uncalled for on his part, but I dont usually see him get angry. Canford Cliff must have really pushed him off.

Since you mentioned it, no one cares about Asian Games, I didnt even know such things existed. Only thing that matters is Olympics. India has only 2 medals in their last outing in 2016. Leander Paes still playing for you guys? Damn.

There is no competition between IND and BAN, India has long history, much bigger in size and hell lot more people. However, it doesnÂ’t mean you guys are some big shot in World arena, except for Cricket.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was uncalled for on his part, but I dont usually see him get angry. Canford Cliff must have really pushed him off.

Since you mentioned it, no one cares about Asian Games, I didnt even know such things existed. Only thing that matters is Olympics. India has only 2 medals in their last outing in 2016. Leander Paes still playing for you guys? Damn.

There is no competition between IND and BAN, India has long history, much bigger in size and hell lot more people. However, it doesnÂ’t mean you guys are some big shot in World arena, except for Cricket.

It doesn't matter whether you care about an event or not but there are events other than Olympics across various sports which do matter
    Maybe you don't follow other sports so u might not see them as important
    Anyways let's end that discussion here,its not the place for discussions on such things

And I never said we are a great sporting nation,you are putting words in my mouth.I am well aware of where we stand but since a Bangladeshi friend of yours made attack on one of Indian states and I replied to him
    There is a saying in Hindi
    "Jinke ghar khud seeshe ke hote wo dusro pe Pathar Nahi Feka karte"
    So u should know your actual position

But then u guys Are obsessed with India/Pakistan
    U always drag teams these 2 nations directly or indirectly when someone makes criticism on your team or fans

Kohli's id was hacked
    Then BD fans dragged the 1996 SF incident

One result goes against u and u declare it a conspiracy
    It happened in Asia Cup final
    In the same tournament we played a tie against Afg where 2 decisions went against us but our fans didn't whine and complain like u

U guys ask for opinion of others on your team and if someone speaks something u don't like,u start insulting their team or cricketers or even their state or country by dragging topics which aren't even related to cricket
    But when someone replies back
    U try to put words in their mouth and turn blind eye on posts made by fans from ur country like in this case u are attacking me when i wasnt even the person to start this neither was I even talking to u

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't matter whether you care about an event or not but there are events other than Olympics across various sports which do matter
    Maybe you don't follow other sports so u might not see them as important
    Anyways let's end that discussion here,its not the place for discussions on such things

And I never said we are a great sporting nation,you are putting words in my mouth.I am well aware of where we stand but since a Bangladeshi friend of yours made attack on one of Indian states and I replied to him
    There is a saying in Hindi
    "Jinke ghar khud seeshe ke hote wo dusro pe Pathar Nahi Feka karte"
    So u should know your actual position

But then u guys Are obsessed with India/Pakistan
    U always drag teams these 2 nations directly or indirectly when someone makes criticism on your team or fans

Kohli's id was hacked
    Then BD fans dragged the 1996 SF incident

One result goes against u and u declare it a conspiracy
    It happened in Asia Cup final
    In the same tournament we played a tie against Afg where 2 decisions went against us but our fans didn't whine and complain like u

U guys ask for opinion of others on your team and if someone speaks something u don't like,u start insulting their team or cricketers or even their state or country by dragging topics which aren't even related to cricket
    But when someone replies back
    U try to put words in their mouth and turn blind eye on posts made by fans from ur country like in this case u are attacking me when i wasnt even the person to start this neither was I even talking to u
    Fair enough. We should stick to Cricket. It wasnt long ago your very own fans threatened to burn players houses after 2007 WC debacle. There are many silly fans in Subcontinent from all the teams, but it doesnt mean you go generalize everyone.

As for Jadega boundary against Afg, it was infact a boundary and not a six. I can even give you screen shot proof.

I am not attacking you, i am just replying to posts as I see them.

Anyway that is my 2 cents.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    BD and NZ are similar in ODIs I think. Both are decent tournament teams and can compete against anybody. They are both mid table teams and don't have that X factor to win big games or tournaments.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh has world renowned fizz at their disposal who is better than any fast BOWLER currently playing for teams like Pakistan, SL, WI or NZ. He would've been in anomg top 5 bowers in ICC ranking but his injury has prevented him from playing quite a number of series.

U don't even need world class fast bowlers to be a cricket powerhouse, that's ur misconception. India didn't have single world class fast bowler when they won wt20 in 07, wc in 11, CT in 12/13 and became no 1 test team.

Bangladesh has Tamim who's one of the best openers from Asia right now, they have Mushfiqur who is easily one of the best middle order batsman in the world who has been averaging around 50 for last 3/4 years, they have Shakib who's once in a generation type Allrounder and arguably the second best allrounder to ever emerge from Asia.

Then add dependable mahamudullah, talented liton, Soumya and Sabbir in the mix and what u will get as a result is a great cricket team who r capable enough to beat anyone, anywhere in any given day.

We have seen how they smashed SL and Pak in their home ground recently with their second string team, haven't we? Also dont forget the fact that they have built a good cricket infrastructure with a good governing body which many Asian teams in the past took years to built. They also have the 3rd best t20 league in the world after IPL and BPL where hundreds of foreign players participate. A perfect example of a cricket powerhouse.
    Fizz is a good limited overs bowler which is one of the reasons why Bangladesh have become a decent ODI team but there's no back up. Murtaza as skipper bowls his heart out and although he doesn't look anything special he can be very effective too. But these two arent good enough for test cricket where you cannot pick wickets from batsmen errors most of the time and need the ability to get them out yourself.

India had some decent T20(2007) bowlers in Pathan, RP Singh who were at their peak before they fizzled away. They also had a batsmen in very good form, some who are regarded as their ATG's now. 2011 was played in Asia, the spinners were the key but again India had a range of bowlers, sure not greats but plenty of variety.

LOI's can be won by having average bowlers or one or two good ones if you have strong batting line up but test cricket you need to take 20 wickets against batsmen who are in no rush. The problem for Bangladesh is nothing is come through the bowling ranks. Pakistan and India have plenty of up and coming fast bowlers or on the fringe, why dont Bangladesh?

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    BD and NZ are similar in ODIs I think. Both are decent tournament teams and can compete against anybody. They are both mid table teams and don't have that X factor to win big games or tournaments.
    What the...

NZ were the runners up in the last World Cup. I don't see Bangladesh reaching a WC final for the next 20 years.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    What the...

NZ were the runners up in the last World Cup. I don't see Bangladesh reaching a WC final for the next 20 years.
    Just leave it bro. Some people think winning a game in asia cup or losing very close games in asia cup mean that you are improving

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    What the...

That was 3 years ago. Current NZ team isn't as good and BD have improved.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Powerhouse can't beat Afghanistan

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    POWERHOUSE just recently got whitewashed by afghanistan lol

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough. We should stick to Cricket. It wasnt long ago your very own fans threatened to burn players houses after 2007 WC debacle. There are many silly fans in Subcontinent from all the teams, but it doesnt mean you go generalize everyone.

As for Jadega boundary against Afg, it was infact a boundary and not a six. I can even give you screen shot proof.

I am not attacking you, i am just replying to posts as I see them.

Anyway that is my 2 cents.

Not Jadeja boundary
    The 2 decisions which went against us were LBWs of DK & MSD but I don't consider those decisions as a reason for our tie against Afg
    I bashed our lower middle order for not finishing the match which I still do
    Our middle order is one of the weakest among the FMs and it worries me as an Indian fan

I also understand that "Asia Cup" means a lot to Bangladesh because they haven't won it so that Liton's decision would have made them upset so the anger/frustration shown by them on that day was expected but it has been more than a month for that match so there's no point in complaining about it now or declaring it as a conspiracy

If I was a BD fan I would have been more worried about my team bottling up matches from a winning position and would think of changes which can be made to take BD cricket to the next level and I don't think wrong decisions in a match are playing a part in BD not developing as a top team

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Rawalakot, Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't know what do you mean by powerhouse. All i can say that Bangladesh cricket has improved, and is getting better day by day..

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    Beat Zimbabwe in a series and see the result
    Rainman's post has been always full of exaggeration and overpraise and I think intended to troll BD. I am not sure but I think he is not a Bangladeshi. I request everyone not to take this thread seriously. We Bangladeshis here don't think in that way

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To determine which country is a power house in cricket, there are 3 measures.

1) trophies
    2) rankings
    3)contribution towards the game in general.

South Africa may not have the number of trophies required by a powerhouse, but they have been ranked high consistently over a long period of time in all formats since inclusion in 1992. for a better picture. compare the debut of south africa team in 1992 which came after decades of isolation, with bangladesh in 2000.

South Africa have contributed many ATG players (Kallis Devilliers, Steyn, G Smith, Barry Richards etc). Bangladesh do not have one.

Hence South Africa is a cricketing powerhouse, Bangladesh is not.

Is Bangladesh becoming a cricketing powerhouse?

the answer is no.

look at bangladesh tour to west indies. look at the tests. the gulf between no8 and no9 test ranked sides is larger than what it was previously.

I saw how your whole team and PM cry the day bangladesh lost to Pakistan in asia cup final. dont delude yourself, each win against pakistan is counted on your fingers.

for all their odi improvement, bangladesh is ranked 7th and has no trophies. improvement in rankings comes with winning odis away.

however for that, bangladesh will have to be invited for a bilateral series, that does not happen, because of bangladesh's pathetic Test record, therefore, bangladesh will have to improve their test team to get invited for bilateral series.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not Jadeja boundary
    The 2 decisions which went against us were LBWs of DK & MSD but I don't consider those decisions as a reason for our tie against Afg
    I bashed our lower middle order for not finishing the match which I still do
    Our middle order is one of the weakest among the FMs and it worries me as an Indian fan

I also understand that "Asia Cup" means a lot to Bangladesh because they haven't won it so that Liton's decision would have made them upset so the anger/frustration shown by them on that day was expected but it has been more than a month for that match so there's no point in complaining about it now or declaring it as a conspiracy

If I was a BD fan I would have been more worried about my team bottling up matches from a winning position and would think of changes which can be made to take BD cricket to the next level and I don't think wrong decisions in a match are playing a part in BD not developing as a top team
    Kudos to u for comparing few bad decisions in a pointless dead rubber with a blatant partiality in the most important junctions of a final. But obviously i didn't expect anything else as an answer from an Indian.

No team in the world will be able to win matches if umpires keep giving decisions in favor of a particular due to the fear of losing their jobs. One can finish a 100m race in less than 9 seconds but if the judges willingly disqualify him at the beginning of the race then no matter how fast is he, he will never be able to win the race.

It's a well known fact that umpires r usually afraid to give decisions against India and if the opposition of IND r teams like BD, WI then its almost guaranteed that even 70:30 decisions which should have gone against India will go in India's favor.

This is exactly what happened in last world cup QF and Asia cup final. In case of Imrul's dismissal even 5% of the ball wasn't hitting the stumps but umpires quickly gave the decision in favor of India to please a certain board. Similarly in case of centurion liton there was no clear evidence that suggested that his feet wasn't inside the line and in these cases benefit of the doubt usually go to the batsman unless the match is against India. In matches against India benefit of the doubt always go to BCCI.

Even in the very last over that srilankan umpire didn't give a straight out lbw when the ball was crushing at the middle stump, but thankfully BD had a review left.

We have all seen what happened to steave Bucknor's career when he gave few decisions against India in IND-AUS test serirs. Yes, his effigy was burned in India and he was forcefully replaced by BCCI in the later part of that series. As a matter of fact that was the end of Bucknor's career. What was his fault? Yes, his fault was he have couple of wrong decisions against India
    If this is how BCCI instill fears in the mind of the umpires then its not surprising to see why most of the umpires r so scared to give decisions against India.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakaz View Post
    POWERHOUSE just recently got whitewashed by afghanistan lol
    Anything can happen in a meaningless t20 series. Even Australia lost a t20 series agayst borderline minnow like SL in their own backyard. It means absolutely nothing. It would have been a matter of concern if it was an odi or test series. International T20s r played just for fun. International T20s and its rankings r absolutely pointless.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have the feeling that the OP is a troll and influencing fans from other places to look down upon Bangladesh.

There are many level headed Bangladeshi posters here who don't deserve to see all these

Bangladesh being a younger cricket nation already gets a good amount of stick which other teams don't get because they are well past their struggling age. And then these threads arrive out of nowhere giving people greater opportunity to troll BD

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly powerhouse is a big big term to be used as far as bangladeshi team is concerned. I wouldnt even use the terms for likes of pak, saf, aus, nz. Yes india can be considered as a powerhouse as they are formidable opponents. Nowadays its all home based. All countries play their best in home conditions and falter at away series. India too has a patchy record in away series but somehow the opponent still feels a bit vunerable playing agaisnt them. Because the forum is on BD, improving team yes, did well without their strike players, yes. Decent domestic structure, maybe yes but then i dont follow domestic bd matches Becoming a powerhouse in the future, no. Not at the moment atleast or in the coming years. For them to become a powerhouse they need to win matvhes agaisnt the likes of saf or eng in away conditions. Maybe not win series but atleast win a few games rather than getting whitewashed. Winning series agaisnt sl or windies on away ground doesnt count as we have seen the decline in their cricket. No offense to the bd posters. They are certainly on par with all asian countries at the moment barring india which i believe is quite ahead of all subcontinent teams.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    I have the feeling that the OP is a troll and influencing fans from other places to look down upon Bangladesh.

There are many level headed Bangladeshi posters here who don't deserve to see all these

Bangladesh being a younger cricket nation already gets a good amount of stick which other teams don't get because they are well past their struggling age. And then these threads arrive out of nowhere giving people greater opportunity to troll BD
    Pls refrain urself from calling others trolls. Its against the forum policy. I m only presenting my views here. Even as a Bangladeshi u can have an opinion which is totally different than mine.

I m not representing the entire Bangladesh here, I m representing myself only. And pls don't make hilarious points like I m trying to turn other fans against BD. I will not get anything in return by doing such things. Pls stop taking Internet so seriously.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    When you use terms like becoming powerhouse you open yourself for ridicule.
    BD are improving and are going in right direction but they have a long way to go to become powerhouse.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh is a cricketing powerhouse.

There should never be divided opinion on this.

ya aenu chuk lay ya mainu aenu chukkan di taaqat day

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything can happen in a meaningless t20 series. Even Australia lost a t20 series agayst borderline minnow like SL in their own backyard. It means absolutely nothing. It would have been a matter of concern if it was an odi or test series. International T20s r played just for fun. International T20s and its rankings r absolutely pointless.
    Ok, fine, lets just ignore Pakistans number 1 ranking and bangladesh number 10 ranking in t20s because they are "useless" (unless bangladesh manages to win few matches) But still Your 9th ranking in tests (out of 10 lol) and 7th ranking in odis doesnt seem very convincing for a CRICKET POWERHOUSE

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, fine, lets just ignore Pakistans number 1 ranking and bangladesh number 10 ranking in t20s because they are "useless" (unless bangladesh manages to win few matches) But still Your 9th ranking in tests (out of 10 lol) and 7th ranking in odis doesnt seem very convincing for a CRICKET POWERHOUSE
    Lol this was bound to happen. I think this becoming a troll thread now

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pls refrain urself from calling others trolls. Its against the forum policy. I m only presenting my views here. Even as a Bangladeshi u can have an opinion which is totally different than mine.

I m not representing the entire Bangladesh here, I m representing myself only. And pls don't make hilarious points like I m trying to turn other fans against BD. I will not get anything in return by doing such things. Pls stop taking Internet so seriously.
    Even your fellow Bangladesh fans despise this thread of yours - so well done for making a fool out of yourself yet again because I can assure you no one can take you seriously when you come up with these OPs.

The quality of your posting never ceases to amaze me - only 2 months ago you were whitewashed by Afghanistan of all teams and then last month pounded by them in the first Asia Cup game.

You've lost 4 out of your last 5 LOI games against them and your response is to ask PP if Bangladesh is becoming a powerhouse in cricket?!!

Attention seeking at it's finest.
    Last edited by topspin; 30th October 2018 at 15:32.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP calls t20is useless but has listed reaching Nidahas Trophy Final as an achivement in one of his posts above

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP calls t20is useless but has listed reaching Nidahas Trophy Final as an achivement in one of his posts above
    He will do anything to prove Bng is a powerhouse. Its a shame rankings and even performances (Except few matches) are not going to give him much support along with nothing to rave about upcoming talent.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to clear the air that no one on this thread is making fun of Bang cricket team rather making fun of this thread just giving them real picture of real world instead of the world the Bangladeshi fans have in their minds where they are better than everyone else and are the champions.

Threads like these just prove that some of the bang fans live in an imaginary world created by them.

I want Bang cricket to improve and that they become a better side but cant nod my head when their fans start to say best in the world 2nd best in Asia etc especially when nothing is their to back what they are saying.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh is a decent team no doubt but Afg is better. In their short history Afg has already achieved more and only a matter of time they start doing good in test cricket as well. Rashid Khan is probably better than any BD cricketer in history. Bangladesh never invites Afg for a full series because they are scared of a defeat and hence stroke their false ego by beating hapless zimbabwe. After getting whitewashed in T20s, they very well know that losing against a lower rank Afg team again would take a hit in their ODI rankings. Hence they try to avoid playing series with Afgs.

But yes, overall BD is better than SL at present in LOIs. (Not tests).
    Bangladesh hosted Afghanistan for a full series as recently as 2016. And there are more tours scheduled in the new FTP.

Pakistan hasn’t hosted Bangladesh in the UAE for ODIs and now we know for sure why that is.

Check your facts next time.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BDesh is as much a cricket powerhouse in Asia as Zimbabwe is in Africa!

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Even your fellow Bangladesh fans despise this thread of yours - so well done for making a fool out of yourself yet again because I can assure you no one can take you seriously when you come up with these OPs.

The quality of your posting never ceases to amaze me - only 2 months ago you were whitewashed by Afghanistan of all teams and then last month pounded by them in the first Asia Cup game.

You've lost 4 out of your last 5 LOI games against them and your response is to ask PP if Bangladesh is becoming a powerhouse in cricket?!!

Attention seeking at it's finest.
    Man, I usually don't bother replying to ur post since u r too dense to get any of my attention. But it looks like u r too desperate to get my attention. Don't worry, u have my attention now.

Weren't u the same individual who was claiming AFG would get past BD in next 3/4 years and blabbering about why BD don't deserve a full fledged series in UAE. BUT in the very next odi tournament ur own team got beaten to the pulp in their home ground in front of their own crowd by that same Bangladesh team. I could've bumped up that thread right after Asia cup final, but obviously I didn't consider it worthy enough to waste my time on it. U r too easy.

Pakistan got hammered in every single ODIs they played against Bangladesh in last 4/5 years and lost 4/5 ODIs straight in a row. Let that information sink in for a moment.

Losing a t20 series which has little to no significance in the world arena unless its a world t20 means little to nothing. This is exactly why 5 times world champion Australia lost pointless t20 series against minnow SL at home, World's top most test and odi team SA resides at the bottom of the pile in t20 ranking. Because this format doesn't have any significance beside different foreign leagues.

Lastly, Bangladesh have won and drawn test series both at home and outside their home even though they have been playing this format for not more than 15/16 years, have smashed world class odi teams at home, went to the quarterfinal and semifinal of the last two icc world events, went to the final of three Asia cups and easily could've won two of them but couldn't do so due to poor umpiring and bad luck. BD also had the thrid best t20 leave in the world after IPL and BBL where hundreds of foreign players take part.

Many countries that have been playing cricket for 70/80 years haven't managed to develop a cricket structure that we have built in less than 20 years which has managed to give the cricket World a batsman of Mushy's caliber, an opener of Tamim's stature, A bowler of Fizz's quality and last but not least it has produced someone like Shakib who is one of the best allrounders this world has ever seen. If this isn't the perfect example of a country becoming a cricket powerhouse then nothing else is.
    Last edited by RainMan_; 31st October 2018 at 01:40.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    He will do anything to prove Bng is a powerhouse. Its a shame rankings and even performances (Except few matches) are not going to give him much support along with nothing to rave about upcoming talent.

There r tons of young rookie players in Bangladesh with immense potential buddy. Look at how Soumya and liton smashed the hell outta Zimbabwe in the recent series against Zimbabwe.. Fizz, miraz, Liton, Soumya, Sabbir all of them have talents but don't have the mental strength to execute them properly(excluding fizz, who's as clever and calm as one can get).

U have to realise that Mushfiqur who's one of the best middle order batsman in the world who has been averaging closer to 50s in last 3/4 years wasn't the same 10 years ago. Most of the Bangladeshi players start of their career really really young. Hence, many of them can't handle the pressure of international cricket due to their lack of experience. But most of them have the potential to be world class players.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    Bangladesh hosted Afghanistan for a full series as recently as 2016. And there are more tours scheduled in the new FTP.

Pakistan hasn’t hosted Bangladesh in the UAE for ODIs and now we know for sure why that is.

Check your facts next time.
    He's an Indian man. U should rather point out the fact that india still haven't invited Bangladesh for a full fledged series and how they don't play any bilateral matches against Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naagin dance potential...

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shakib=worlds greatest allrounder
    Liton Das= D. Haynes
    Rahim= Viv Richards.
    Fizz= Wasim
    Mehedi Hasan=Mcgrath

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk about exaggeration- How is Bangladesh a powerhouse in cricket? When is the last time they won a major series against asian teams of India, Pakistan let alone the rest of the world? They might eek out a few wins against hapless B/C teams of major countries in the dustbowls of Mirpur but thats just about it - you guys couldn’t even win against Afghanistan! All we can say about Bangladesh is that they have definitely improved - but thats all about it. The bowling barring Mushfiqur is strictly average at best & the batting though good at times is never consistent.
    Last edited by MenInG; 31st October 2018 at 05:50. Reason: watch your language

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There r tons of young rookie players in Bangladesh with immense potential buddy. Look at how Soumya and liton smashed the hell outta Zimbabwe in the recent series against Zimbabwe.. Fizz, miraz, Liton, Soumya, Sabbir all of them have talents but don't have the mental strength to execute them properly(excluding fizz, who's as clever and calm as one can get).

U have to realise that Mushfiqur who's one of the best middle order batsman in the world who has been averaging closer to 50s in last 3/4 years wasn't the same 10 years ago. Most of the Bangladeshi players start of their career really really young. Hence, many of them can't handle the pressure of international cricket due to their lack of experience. But most of them have the potential to be world class players.
    claims that bangladesh is becoming a cricketing powerhouse.

brags about beating zimbabwe

wow.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest bangladesh CT has been in the scenes for quite a while now. They hosted the first asia cup in 1986 and played intl teams then. Honestly to become a powerhouse you need to have an ICC trophy in the cabinet (sorry ICC associates knockout trophy in 1997 doesnt count). Bragging about beating zim in a series and concluding that it is the becoming of a powerhouse is self delusional. Playing agaisnt zim doesnt give an inch of improvement. To become a ppwerhouse your players need to be mentioned in the likes of wasim.. tendulkar..jayasurya..ponting...kallis..mccullum etc.

Back in 2015 when you won series on the trot and then saying powerhouse may have possibly been apt. At best your team, our team is mediocre.

You know man city was rubbish back till 2009... now you can say its a powerhouse in the english premier league. Thats a definition of a pwerhouse. You need to win titles to become a powerhouse. Languishing on the bottom half of the table and claiming to be powerhouse will lead you to be ridiculed so pls dont take offense. Afg has rashid khan... mujeeb khan...md shahzad. Does that make them the becoming of a powerhouse.

When pak had waz..waq..shoby and the greats of the 90s we were never consistent and have never been yet the opposition was vary of our threat... now thats called power. Unfortunately the public percrption for BD hasnt changed much.

Sl made its name by winning the 1996 worldcup and they had onky been on the scenes for 20 years..

Lets be realistic please

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has the ingredients to be one and hopefully may become one. But at the moment please save yourself this embarrasment

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    claims that bangladesh is becoming a cricketing powerhouse.

brags about beating zimbabwe

wow.
    Pls look at the context of that post. It was made to point out the potentiality of young upcoming Bangladeshi players like Soumya, liton, Sabbir. Why would I bother to mention our clean sweap against Zimbabwe when the memory of our dominating performance in Asia cup is still very much alive.

Look at the way we dominated West indies in West indies in Lois or the way we performed in Asia cup and almost won the final even though we were at the reviving end of some pathetic and horrible decisions in some of the most important phases of the game.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pls look at the context of that post. It was made to point out the potentiality of young upcoming Bangladeshi players like Soumya, liton, Sabbir. Why would I bother to mention our clean sweap against Zimbabwe when the memory of our dominating performance in Asia cup is still very much alive.

Look at the way we dominated West indies in West indies in Lois or the way we performed in Asia cup and almost won the final even though we were at the reviving end of some pathetic and horrible decisions in some of the most important phases of the game.
    blah blah blah powerhouse blah blah blah dominant blah blah blah

and then

boo hoo boo hoo asia cup boo hoo boo hoo wrong decisions boo hoo boo hoo

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    blah blah blah powerhouse blah blah blah dominant blah blah blah

and then

boo hoo boo hoo asia cup boo hoo boo hoo wrong decisions boo hoo boo hoo
    The recommendation to replay the asia.cup.final in 2012 because one of their players couldnt complete a run or the rohit sharma 'no' ball. Pick your choice mate

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For BD fans, its always about getting Indians-Pakistanis to somehow agree that they are a good cricket team. Its as if unless they get a certification from these 2 countries, their team can't progress. Hence they make an all out effort in cricket forums, social media sites etc. just to make their case.

But they fail to understand that writing essays in forum, hacking cricketers website etc. wont get their team the attention they are craving. Their team needs to perform in the field. And in reality, most of contempory cricket nations still consider BD a minnow. That is why Pak/Ind never invites them for a tour, Aust just told them pls dont come bcoz you are not good enough.

And I dont blame those nations at all. I mean a team that ranks 10th in T20s, 7th in ODIs and 9th in tests plus having the most aweful fanbase is a deadly combination. There are absolutely no incentives to play BD.

Unlike Afg who are Doer's, BD as a nation are talkers. A team that has not won any tournament, any Asia cup, any U19 events, any tri series, just got whitewashed by Afg is talking about becoming a powerhouse is a testimony of how delusional and aweful their fans are.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is clear attempt to rile up fans from other nations for a harsh put down of Bangladesh cricket and yet this feels so satisfactory because of the childish antics of Bangladeshi fan base.

The fact that Bangladeshi fans and team think of themselves as "rightful champions" is infact more entertaining than their cricket.

So, yes Bangladesh is a cricket powerhouse, standing toe to toe with Windies of 1970-80s and Aussies of early of 2000s.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rainMan_ listen to me carefully. I will not repeat this

Nobody gives a crap about some bilateral limited overs games.

Nobody is interested about your sob stories how you were robbed in knockout games. every team inevitably gets a 50-50 decision that goes against them, it is true for every sport ever made.

you team is comprised of minnows and mental midgets, hence you give priority to these bilateral odis, while BCB gives ZERO effort to improve as a test team overseas. Your team is not worth playing, so no one invites you for a full home series.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rainMan_ listen to me carefully. I will not repeat this

Nobody gives a crap about some bilateral limited overs games.

Nobody is interested about your sob stories how you were robbed in knockout games. every team inevitably gets a 50-50 decision that goes against them, it is true for every sport ever made.

You team is comprised of minnows and mental midgets, hence you give priority to these bilateral odis, while BCB gives ZERO effort to improve as a test team overseas. Your team is not worth playing, so no one invites you for a full home series.
    Don't lose ur temper man. When someone loses his temper it becomes extremely difficult for him to make logical responses.

First of all, who told u that nobody cares about the bilateral serieses? Its ur misconception. U may not care about it, that's ur prerogative, but the whole cricket world cares about it. Obviously icc tournaments have its own significance but bilateral matches r one of the most important part of international cricket.

It's not like football where national teams play very few bilateral matches in a calender year and players of the national teams remain busy with club football throughout the year and their quality is measured by how well they perform for their respective clubs.

Cricket is totally different. Here icc tournaments r few and far between and the quality of a team and its players here is measured by how well they perform at bilateral matches throughout the year in both home and away. This is why SA is one of the most well respected team in the world even though they have nothing except a CT trophy in their trophy cabinet.

Secondly, umpires mistakenly giving one or two bad decisions in meaningless matches is one thing but blatantly favouring one team in ICC knockout matches or in important tournament final to help them to win the tournament is completely a different thing. If these poor decisions later become the deciding factor of the outcome of the match then obviously ppl will talk about it.

Lastly, where did u get this idea that BCB is putting less effort to improve the Bangladesh test side. As a. Matter of fact, Bangladesh is one of the most rapidly improving u test side in the world. They have drawn series against teams like NZ, AUS, ENG at home and won and drawn test series in WI and SL respectively. What else do u want from a team that has been playing test cricket for just over 15 years.

Bangladesh didn't even have a proper first class structure before 2000. World renowned test players like Shakib, Mushy, Tamim, Fizz, are the results of the cricket infrastructure that was established marely 15 /16 years ago. Just look at how teams like Ind, NZ or some other teams performed in their initial years in test cricket. India couldn't even draw a single test series in their first 20 and now they r one of the top most test team. Compared to this we have already won and drawn multiple test series both at home and away against world class oppositions.

Bangladesh will eventually win tests in countries like Aus, SA but it will take time. Look at Asian teams like Pak or India. They have been playing test close to 80/90 years now but still none of them have managed to win a singe test series in these countries. Let Bangladesh play for enough time they will also win outside of their their home ground.
    Last edited by RainMan_; 31st October 2018 at 22:13.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't lose ur temper man. When someone loses his temper it becomes extremely difficult for him to make logical responses.

First of all, who told u that nobody cares about the bilateral serieses? Its ur misconception. U may not care about it, that's ur prerogative, but the whole cricket world cares about it. Obviously icc tournaments have its own significance but bilateral matches r one of the most important part of international cricket.

It's not like football where national teams play very few bilateral matches in a calender year and players of the national teams remain busy with club football throughout the year and their quality is measured by how well they perform for their respective clubs.

Cricket is totally different. Here icc tournaments r few and far between and the quality of a team and its players here is measured by how well they perform at bilateral matches throughout the year in both home and away. This is why SA is one of the most well respected team in the world even though they have nothing except a CT trophy in their trophy cabinet.

Secondly, umpires mistakenly giving one or two bad decisions in meaningless matches is one thing but blatantly favouring one team in ICC knockout matches or in important tournament final to help them to win the tournament is completely a different thing. If these poor decisions later become the deciding factor of the outcome of the match then obviously ppl will talk about it.

Lastly, where did u get this idea that BCB is putting less effort to improve the Bangladesh test side. As a. Matter of fact, Bangladesh is one of the most rapidly improving u test side in the world. They have drawn series against teams like NZ, AUS, ENG at home and won and drawn test series in WI and SL respectively. What else do u want from a team that has been playing test cricket for just over 15 years.

Bangladesh didn't even have a proper first class structure before 2000. World renowned test players like Shakib, Mushy, Tamim, Fizz, are the results of the cricket infrastructure that was established marely 15 /16 years ago. Just look at how teams like Ind, NZ or some other teams performed in their initial years in test cricket. India couldn't even draw a single test series in their first 20 and now they r one of the top most test team. Compared to this we have already won and drawn multiple test series both at home and away against world class oppositions.

Bangladesh will eventually win tests in countries like Aus, SA but it will take time. Look at Asian teams like Pak or India. They have been playing test close to 80/90 years now but still none of them have managed to win a singe test series in these countries. Let Bangladesh play for enough time they will also win outside of their their home ground.
    If the bad decision is that Rohit no ball in WC, yes you are right. BD was deprived there. If you are complaining about umpire's call dismissals in the recent Asia cup, you deserve all the ridicule so far.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL.... asking about what India achieved in first 20-30 years.

Series victory in NZ in 1967-68
    Series victory in WI (ATG) 1970-71
    Series victory in Eng in 1970-71
    Series Draws in Eng and Aus in 1980-81
    WC win in 1983(overseas, LOL, can BD even think of it for next 15 years?)
    World series championship winner in 1985.
    Semi finalist in 1987 WC.
    Yes, BD is on par with WI 1980s.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 1st November 2018 at 07:08.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    80/90 years. It hasnt been 80/90 years since independence. 2ndly india and pakistan started winning matches during their initial games. Didnt take as long as BD took. Thirdly lets wait in the next 80/90 years to decide if they are a powerhouse.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly.....plus 20 years during that time can never be compared with 25 years in current era....Till 1960-65, only england and to an extent aus were the only teams who played test cricket regularly. There were hardly any viewers in that era. No technology, no helmets, no video footages.posters crying about BD wrong umpiring decisions need to understand that every team used to get hawlers(not 50-50decisions) outside home.Had those teams cried aloud for every bit, then they would not have been where they are

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, I usually don't bother replying to ur post since u r too dense to get any of my attention. But it looks like u r too desperate to get my attention. Don't worry, u have my attention now.

Weren't u the same individual who was claiming AFG would get past BD in next 3/4 years and blabbering about why BD don't deserve a full fledged series in UAE. BUT in the very next odi tournament ur own team got beaten to the pulp in their home ground in front of their own crowd by that same Bangladesh team. I could've bumped up that thread right after Asia cup final, but obviously I didn't consider it worthy enough to waste my time on it. U r too easy.

Pakistan got hammered in every single ODIs they played against Bangladesh in last 4/5 years and lost 4/5 ODIs straight in a row. Let that information sink in for a moment.

Losing a t20 series which has little to no significance in the world arena unless its a world t20 means little to nothing. This is exactly why 5 times world champion Australia lost pointless t20 series against minnow SL at home, World's top most test and odi team SA resides at the bottom of the pile in t20 ranking. Because this format doesn't have any significance beside different foreign leagues.

Lastly, Bangladesh have won and drawn test series both at home and outside their home even though they have been playing this format for not more than 15/16 years, have smashed world class odi teams at home, went to the quarterfinal and semifinal of the last two icc world events, went to the final of three Asia cups and easily could've won two of them but couldn't do so due to poor umpiring and bad luck. BD also had the thrid best t20 leave in the world after IPL and BBL where hundreds of foreign players take part.

Many countries that have been playing cricket for 70/80 years haven't managed to develop a cricket structure that we have built in less than 20 years which has managed to give the cricket World a batsman of Mushy's caliber, an opener of Tamim's stature, A bowler of Fizz's quality and last but not least it has produced someone like Shakib who is one of the best allrounders this world has ever seen. If this isn't the perfect example of a country becoming a cricket powerhouse then nothing else is.
    Ok, T20s dont matter unless Bangladesh wins a few matches like in nidhas trophy, got it. But still in which world would 9th ranking in tests (OUT OF 10) and 7th ranking in ODI qualify as a CRICKETING POWERHOUSE

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add to that test series in Aus in 1977. We did lose it 3-2, but we played better cricket than Aus in that series, Two wins were with huge margin and 3 small margin losses.Our spinners got wickets on bouncy Aus tracks.Even if Ban include 4 Shakib Ul Hasans and send them to play a test in Aus, I am sure, he can't even get current Aus team out.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    B S Chandrashekhar got 6 fers in both the innings in MCG test where India rout Australia By 222 runs. Can worlds greatestall rounder Shakib get Chandrashekhar out on that track?
    India's victory margins on test tourvof Aus 1977
    1. By 222 runs
    2 By inning and 2 runs.

Loss margins
    1.By 16 runs
    2.By 2 wickets
    3.By 47 runs.

The margin of a single win is about thrice as the margin of all the losses combined
    Can Ban hope for this kind of cricket overseas even in their dreams?

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrog decisions in icc tournaments. BD is not the only country that has had wrong decisions given to them. Why do i get the feeling as if injustice only happens with BD. When pakistan played the great westindies in 1988... it was umpiring howlers that eventually lead to the series being drawn. As far as acheivements are concerned Pakistan won a test agaisnt a mighty england in 1955 as soon as they were inducted into test cricket. Ind and pak did lose series after series but not as bad as BD did. Southafrica were in exile for 20 odd years.. yet when they made a comeback in 1992 they were the favourites to win it. This is the class of a powerhouse. What you class as a pwerhouse or not doesnt matter much. The perception is that BD is a much improved team and and a strong team at their home conditions but at away conditions bd is a complete dud. Pls explain as to why your FTP calender has less away tours. Reason being simple they wont generate enough money to be a profittable one. Hoe can this be classed as a powerhouse. Eng, india, is what you can class as a powerhouse.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also if Bangladesh were destined to be a powerhouse why did it take till 2000 to make it to test level and if you go by their performances in the 2000s they should never have got it because they have made no progress away from home.