Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer88 View Post
    80/90 years. It hasnt been 80/90 years since independence. 2ndly india and pakistan started winning matches during their initial games. Didnt take as long as BD took. Thirdly lets wait in the next 80/90 years to decide if they are a powerhouse.
    U r confused. If tomorrow Brazil gets disintegrated into two parts like the way Germany got seperated after ww2, nobody will start saying that West Brazil or East Brazil has started playing international football in 2018. Right?

Now u might ask that then BD was also a part of Pak before 71, then why do they have such a short cricket history. Very good question. But the thing is cricket was never considered as a sport in this part of the world. Football has always ruled here.

As a matter of fact Bangladesh didn't even have a structure of first class cricket even 20 years ago since the national cricket league in Bangladesh started in 2000. Comare it with a country like India who has introduced Ranji trophy almost 100 years ago. There's no comparison.

India was the whooping boys in their first couple of decades in cricket and routinely got beaten to the pulp by other international teams. Similarly New Zealand took 40 years to win their first ever test series. There's nothing wrong in accepting the fact that compared to these slow learners Bangladesh is in a different league.

20 years haven't even passed since Bangladesh introduced national cricket league and it has already produced a great of the game like shakib as well as world class players like mushy, Tamim, fizz. Just imagine what class of players Bangladesh would've produced if it had had a domestic structure with 100 years of experience like Indian Ranji trophy.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMan_ View Post
    U r confused. If tomorrow Brazil gets disintegrated into two parts like the way Germany got seperated after ww2, nobody will start saying that West Brazil or East Brazil has started playing international football in 2018. Right?

Now u might ask that then BD was also a part of Pak before 71, then why do they have such a short cricket history. Very good question. But the thing is cricket was never considered as a sport in this part of the world. Football has always ruled here.

As a matter of fact Bangladesh didn't even have a structure of first class cricket even 20 years ago since the national cricket league in Bangladesh started in 2000. Comare it with a country like India who has introduced Ranji trophy almost 100 years ago. There's no comparison.

India was the whooping boys in their first couple of decades in cricket and routinely got beaten to the pulp by other international teams. Similarly New Zealand took 40 years to win their first ever test series. There's nothing wrong in accepting the fact that compared to these slow learners Bangladesh is in a different league.

20 years haven't even passed since Bangladesh introduced national cricket league and it has already produced a great of the game like shakib as well as world class players like mushy, Tamim, fizz. Just imagine what class of players Bangladesh would've produced if it had had a domestic structure with 100 years of experience like Indian Ranji trophy.
    You can’t put any logical arguments on becoming powerhouse with current ranking positions. With stress of imagination, after 10-12 years may be we can hope, but that’s not based on current “talent”. As of now, at least put a word “potential”, you can have something for good posters here to get engaged.
    Last edited by MMHS; 1st November 2018 at 09:51.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakaz View Post
    Ok, T20s dont matter unless Bangladesh wins a few matches like in nidhas trophy, got it. But still in which world would 9th ranking in tests (OUT OF 10) and 7th ranking in ODI qualify as a CRICKETING POWERHOUSE
    International T20s certainty don't matter unless its a world cup. Ask any experts and they will tell u that international T20s and its rankings r as pointless as it can get. U can have a different opinion obviously, but that's the general perception of the mass.

Performanc in Tests and ODIs is what matters the most.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Respect is earned, not demanded. That's the only answer to this thread. Some people like to be mocked and humiliated.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    You can’t put any logical arguments on becoming powerhouse with current ranking positions. With stress of imagination, after 10-12 years may be we can hope, but that’s not based on current “talent”. As of now, at least put a word “potential”, you can have something for good posters here to get engaged.
    Hmm, a new thread title is needed here.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, I usually don't bother replying to ur post since u r too dense to get any of my attention. But it looks like u r too desperate to get my attention. Don't worry, u have my attention now.

Weren't u the same individual who was claiming AFG would get past BD in next 3/4 years and blabbering about why BD don't deserve a full fledged series in UAE. BUT in the very next odi tournament ur own team got beaten to the pulp in their home ground in front of their own crowd by that same Bangladesh team. I could've bumped up that thread right after Asia cup final, but obviously I didn't consider it worthy enough to waste my time on it. U r too easy.

Pakistan got hammered in every single ODIs they played against Bangladesh in last 4/5 years and lost 4/5 ODIs straight in a row. Let that information sink in for a moment.

Losing a t20 series which has little to no significance in the world arena unless its a world t20 means little to nothing. This is exactly why 5 times world champion Australia lost pointless t20 series against minnow SL at home, World's top most test and odi team SA resides at the bottom of the pile in t20 ranking. Because this format doesn't have any significance beside different foreign leagues.

Lastly, Bangladesh have won and drawn test series both at home and outside their home even though they have been playing this format for not more than 15/16 years, have smashed world class odi teams at home, went to the quarterfinal and semifinal of the last two icc world events, went to the final of three Asia cups and easily could've won two of them but couldn't do so due to poor umpiring and bad luck. BD also had the thrid best t20 leave in the world after IPL and BBL where hundreds of foreign players take part.

Many countries that have been playing cricket for 70/80 years haven't managed to develop a cricket structure that we have built in less than 20 years which has managed to give the cricket World a batsman of Mushy's caliber, an opener of Tamim's stature, A bowler of Fizz's quality and last but not least it has produced someone like Shakib who is one of the best allrounders this world has ever seen. If this isn't the perfect example of a country becoming a cricket powerhouse then nothing else is.
    Firstly, it was you who came up with such an attention seeking OP not me - so I'm not the attention seeker.

Deep down you know Afghanistan will overtake Bangladesh in the near future. They have better genetics and are just far more talented individuals. With BCCI backing their progression will continue. The loss of 4 LOI games out of the last 5 against them is just a sign of things to come.

I'd be more concerned about your 7th ranking and lack of success away from home with no ICC trophies to date rather than being obsessive about Pakistan, after all you're on a Pakistani cricket forum to seek approval from Pakistani (and Indian) fans on here with threads like this.

"Losing a t20 series which has little to no significance in the world arena unless its a world t20"

Then why bring up the Nidhas final as an achievement?

Don't be so delusional, you lost the QF WC 3 yrs ago because India was the better team - stop reading off Nazmul's script for once. He's a disgrace but yet you reek of the same sour grapes as he does.

In addition the 2017 CT Semi final spot was a fluke because you were saved by rain against Aus when they were 100 runs away, with 9 wickets in hand and 34 overs to spare. There was only going to be one winner against that minnow bowling attack.

I don't know how old you are but you epitomise the lack of maturity among many of the Bangladesh fans with their childish antics and if I was you I would beg admin to delete this thread ASAP because it has turned into a bashing and trolling thread of you as a poster - serving everyone great entertainment.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    International T20s certainty don't matter unless its a world cup. Ask any experts and they will tell u that international T20s and its rankings r as pointless as it can get. U can have a different opinion obviously, but that's the general perception of the mass.

Sorry to break it to you mr CRICKETING POWERHOUSE but you guys are ranked 9th out of 10 countries in tests.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I agree the word potential would have made a better thread for constructive argument. This is an out and out bashing thread and rightly so deserves it
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 1st November 2018 at 16:20.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Hmm, a new thread title is needed here.
    Ask mods; Abdullah719 is a great guy; he’ll help you. Then, reconstruct your OP with a disclaimer. Opening another thread with a revised title will contradict the discussion & this thread will remain active.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly speaking BD has never been a sports nation ever so let alone this talk of powerhouse blah blah. As you mentioned that football was the game in bd, well my friend they lack their too.

As far as your posts have been concerned the only players that you can name in each post are either shakib..mushy or tamim. Pak..ind..and other countries have produced similar stars in more qty. To be a powerhouse ..talent should be flowing into your system not some 3 guys that are on your fingers tips. Neil johnson and andy flower were great from zimbabwe, were they powerhouse. This thread is such that even level headed and intelligent BD posters have avoided getting into it because they too realise that BD is an improved crixket team but not some next powerhouse team where teams will start sweating. Honestly speaking i have a lot of bd friemds who themselves say that we can do a lot better and are improving every year but they do realise that they have limitations. For me powerhouse definition is india and england ( financially powerful and a good talent pool with a 1st class domestic structure along with adminstration)

Your assumption is an assumption and sadly a poor one but my friend becoming a powerhouse is based on stats amd sadly they translate a different picture to your powerhouse team.

You can also say that for me BD won the 2015 worldcup or nidahas trophy or asia cup and this is my opinion and i dont care about yours but that doesnt change the reality. Please dont be a keyboard warrior who is defending something that is not even worth it. Might as well change the thread to improved nation and maybe you may get some constructive comments in here.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hi TGK, I'm glad to see u after a long time. Did u enjoy the match between BD-PAK in the last Asia cup?

As I said many times in the past, a series between BD-PAK in UAE will be a mouth watering prospect where Bangladesh will start as the favourites in ODIs and ppl will come in members to enjoy the show. Hope u won't disagree with me now by saying that financially it will be a loss for PCB.

As for the miduim fast bowlers, I think fizz has all the ingredients to become an atg fast bowler, especially in ODIs. But I agree with u that they need a good test class spinner in their line up. Miraz is good but he needs to work on his bowling to get success constantly in test cricket.
    Hi again, yes Bangladesh will be favourites in the ODI format as we are pretty useless at the moment. To be honest the match was good for neutrals but was painful to watch for a hardcore fan like me. Bang played well and deserved to win.

coming to your future, you really need a world class spinner and a world class medium/fast pacer. Everyone else like fizz etc can then play around this duo. If you can find this duo you should be pretty formidable in most ODI conditions..

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @RainMan_ give up bro. No BD poster supported you here and you should understand 'why'.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pls look at the context of that post. It was made to point out the potentiality of young upcoming Bangladeshi players like Soumya, liton, Sabbir. Why would I bother to mention our clean sweap against Zimbabwe when the memory of our dominating performance in Asia cup is still very much alive.

Look at the way we dominated West indies in West indies in Lois or the way we performed in Asia cup and almost won the final even though we were at the reviving end of some pathetic and horrible decisions in some of the most important phases of the game.
    There were no pathetic decisions. Do yourself a favor and get Asia cup out of your mind.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Just to clear the air that no one on this thread is making fun of Bang cricket team rather making fun of this thread just giving them real picture of real world instead of the world the Bangladeshi fans have in their minds where they are better than everyone else and are the champions.

Threads like these just prove that some of the bang fans live in an imaginary world created by them.

I want Bang cricket to improve and that they become a better side but cant nod my head when their fans start to say best in the world 2nd best in Asia etc especially when nothing is their to back what they are saying.
    At this point they ain't even 3rd best in Asia
    SL is well ahead of them in tests and also ranked above in t20is
    They have also got better talents to get excited about
    Someone like Kusal Mendis who frustrates a lot with his inconcistency has already played more impactful knocks than any if their youngsters

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some Bangla fans have a serious inferiority complex which is visible in threads like these and them hyping what are inconsequential things to actual powerhouses or even half-decent teams. When Bangladesh actually does something consequential in all three formats, they will be applauded by everyone rather than fans trying to get people to respect them.

A great first step would be not playing test cricket like minnows.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOLL Bangladesh showing today why they are powerhouse in cricket, 20/4 against Zimbawe and that too at home. I know you will not reply to me now, earlier you were going bla bla non stop hahahaha

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ban is a powethouse that gives the power to whoever enters their house.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KP From India View Post
    Ban is a powethouse that gives the power to whoever enters their house.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @RainMan_ 99/6 against Zimbabwe at Sylhet.

This is why its better to observe and not celebrate prematurely

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lose in T20Is: We don't take this format seriously

Lose in Tests: World doesn't take this format seriously

Lose in ODIs (away/alien conditions): Every team loses away.

Win in ODIs (home/similar conditions): Bangladesh is power house in cricket.

Earlier it was 2nd best Asian side, now a step further a power house globally

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Power house standing on self inflated tires, got puncture by Zimbabwe today.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the CRICKET POWERHOUSE which is ranked 9th out of ten teams in Tests, is now losing to the 10th ranked team (which haven't won a test in last 5 years) in their own back yard?

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    where is that naagin rainman when you need him?
    at this rate bangladesh will be first powerhouse in cricket to get its test status revoked.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    😁😁😁😁 all out on 143 against Zimbabwe

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansoor3120 View Post
    �������� all out on 143 against Zimbabwe
    You mean the CRICKET POWERHOUSE is getting thrashed by the lowest ranked team at home??? time to bring out the naagin dance

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Powerhouse?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once again yours truely proved right. I have said it numerous times that BD cant play cricket, they simply don't hv it in them but I got shut up call by few fans. Glad to see my point getting vindicated

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Powerhouse managed to avoid follow-on.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Malfunction in the powerhouse.

No Zim collapse in the 2nd innings please for the powerhouse to roar again.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not even close. Way behind India and Pakistan.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need to be harsh on Bangladeshi fans. Almost all of them on PP are nice posters and don't gloat much. Even if some do we shouldn't be harsh because Indian and Pakistani fans have been through this phase earlier in their history. Only Sri Lankan fans can claim the moral high ground because they have almost always been level headed and chilled out. One poster started this thread and I am not sure behind his intentions, maybe he isn't even Bangladeshi and just trolling.

Whatever said and done they had a bad day today and it is never nice to kick someone when that person is down, schadenfreude isn't the hallmark of decent people. Moreover they might still fight back and win, test isn't over by any stretch of imagination.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The powerhouse zapping itself as usual.

What a surprise.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a team is a powerhouse then its fans need not open a thread to prove that to others. I do not see the need for the fan of a real powerhouse team to do that.

Coming to this test match, it appears that Bangladesh, which used to win at home on spinning track are themselves unable to play decent spin. At that rate, they may not be able to win even at home if the opponents have decent spinners in their ranks.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every cricket fan wants Ban cricket team to progress. Other fans are not dilusional like some of their fans. We do admire guys like Mortaza, Shakib, Mahmadulla. These guys are very good people wheather their team is winning or losing.
    Only 1-2 players and some fans think that they are world beaters and end up making mockery of themselves.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the powerhouse got whitewashed by Afg, got 43 all out against WI and now lost a test at home against Zimb in last 4 months.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are more like a powermouse.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Losing test in 3+ days, at home, against this Zimbabwe, who don't play more than one test a year is some achievement.

Lost t20I against Afghanistan
    Bangla fans: We don't take this format seriously.

Lost test against Zimbabwe: World doesn't take this format seriously.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Losing test in 3+ days, at home, against this Zimbabwe, who don't play more than one test a year is some achievement.

Only Asia cup and ODIs taken seriously

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one takes T20 seriously besides W20 or IPL. Do you take T10 seriously?

Test cricket should be taken seriously, and this loss against ZIM was absolutely pathetic. No excuse here.

This is really bad for you guys too actually since you got crushed by Eng, who even lost to this hapless BD side last time they were here.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Very disappointing performance by BD. Losing a test at home to this Zimbabwe team of all teams is unacceptable. 3 years ago, BD were on top of SA in a test match. Looks like the team has regressed a bit.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Only Asia cup and ODIs taken seriously
    They've been fluking in ODIs till now.

I don't see Bangladesh winning more than 2 games at the WC, where actual men play.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see Bangladesh winning more than 2 games at the WC, where actual men play.
    BD went to QF's of last world cup beating ENG who has been pawning rest of the teams for past few years. No point equating Tests with ODIs.

They(ENG) just recently manhandled your team as well.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post

Test cricket should be taken seriously, and this loss against ZIM was absolutely pathetic. No excuse here.

This is really bad for you guys too actually since you got crushed by Eng, who even lost to this hapless BD side last time they were here.
    For me every format is cricket. It's a different thing that tests are the most challenging format. But all formats have ranking so all got to be respected.

Coming to Eng series, I'll accept we were thrashed. But, never did we say that this format is useless. For India, tests are the most respected ones.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    They(ENG) just recently manhandled your team as well.
    I suggest leaving the top-8 trysts aside from the thrust of your arguments - naturally one will win, the other will lose. Neither one of them be minnows unlike the team starting with B.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Im not sure how you work that out though. England have been pathetic away from home in the last 5 years apart from a good tour of SA . India are pathetic in England but range from exceptional to decent everywhere else we play. BD have no business losing to this Zimbabwe side at home which shows they have declined a bit.

Test cricket needs a strong BD team and as far as I see BD are the only nation capable of sustaining test cricket among the nations outside of top 6 but with these kind of results im afraid it doesn't augur well.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Those are not flukes. They are a competitive odi side in Asia and they made the semis of CT and quarters of World Cup in addition to the finals of Asia cup. You can't just fluke all those results.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Those are not flukes. They are a competitive odi side in Asia and they made the semis of CT and quarters of World Cup in addition to the finals of Asia cup. You can't just fluke all those results.
    I won't argue now, let's wait till WC. We'll see what this team does.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are so bad in Tests. Can only do well against SENA teams who are clueless against spin.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not sure how you work that out though. England have been pathetic away from home in the last 5 years apart from a good tour of SA . India are pathetic in England but range from exceptional to decent everywhere else we play. BD have no business losing to this Zimbabwe side at home which shows they have declined a bit.

Test cricket needs a strong BD team and as far as I see BD are the only nation capable of sustaining test cricket among the nations outside of top 6 but with these kind of results im afraid it doesn't augur well.
    They have regressed in Tests quite a bit recently to be honest. Lack of interest, poor team selection, you name it. Agreed, absolutely shameful loss to ZIM.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I won't argue now, let's wait till WC. We'll see what this team does.
    How does their performance in the upcoming world cup determine whether their past results were flukes or not? Btw im only talking about ODIs.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP is missing. Powerhouse failure!

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does their performance in the upcoming world cup determine whether their past results were flukes or not? Btw im only talking about ODIs.
    It does determine based on various factors which I am not interested to type now.

But, yeah, it's my opinion, you can have your opinion.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakaz View Post
    So the CRICKET POWERHOUSE which is ranked 9th out of ten teams in Tests, is now losing to the 10th ranked team (which haven't won a test in last 5 years) in their own back yard?
    Havent won an away test in 17 years. With great powers come great responsibilites..

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CT was a fluke and they qualified due to rain. Else it would hv been Ind-Aust semi finals.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh are powerhouses at failure. Nothing else

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, amazing powerhouse

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Epic bump - @rainman whats the next excuse? #powerhouseindisguise

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dear Bangladeshis

Sincere apologies, Power house have collapsed badly today if there is power shortage in your area kindly consult the minnow department of KESC.

Thank You.

Sarfaraz, Babar, Shehzad, Haris, Talat, Fakhar, Umar.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mission powerhouse aborted mid-way due to engine trouble.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Epic bump - @rainman whats the next excuse? #powerhouseindisguise
    Think he already gave excuse in another thread saying India took so so many years to become good test side...etc

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Powerhouse be like "meri shaktiyu ka galat istemal kiya gaya hai"

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh are good (not best) in ODIs in Asian conditions. They will give SENA teams a tough time in Tests too at home. Calling them a cricketing power house is a joke. This ROFL thread will see plenty of bumps in the future.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @rainman time for you to come on this thread and explain why your future powerhouse team has lost to the minnows of all minnows..you cannot hide..be brave and explain yourself.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It just took 10 days for CRICKET POWERHOUSE to show their true colours. please don't even think about making such type of threads again unless you guys want to suffer again.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Think he already gave excuse in another thread saying India took so so many years to become good test side...etc
    It goes back to what we we've been saying - just a matter of a time when Afghanistan surpasses them in all 3 formats.

They're already a superior T20I unit. I expect by 2023 WC they will go past them in the ODIs and at some point in the early to mid 2020s they will climb above them in tests as well.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    It goes back to what we we've been saying - just a matter of a time when Afghanistan surpasses them in all 3 formats.

They're already a superior T20I unit. I expect by 2023 WC they will go past them in the ODIs and at some point in the early to mid 2020s they will climb above them in tests as well.
    ODI rankings will be reset after WC. AFG can surpass everyone in ODI and rankings if they win. The reset will benefit them the most.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting thrashed by Zimbabwe inside 3 and half days is downright embarrassing. They haven't won an away test since the days of Andy Flower and Heath Streak.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckworth Lewis View Post
    Bangladesh are good (not best) in ODIs in Asian conditions. They will give SENA teams a tough time in Tests too at home. Calling them a cricketing power house is a joke. This ROFL thread will see plenty of bumps in the future.
    There are no teams that give tough times to opposition in away Tests, barring the odd game.

For all the "competition" India gave in England, they lost 4-1. 1 run or 500 runs margin only matters if the scoreline is close.

Debut
    Oct 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    There are no teams that give tough times to opposition in away Tests, barring the odd game.

For all the "competition" India gave in England, they lost 4-1. 1 run or 500 runs margin only matters if the scoreline is close.
    So loosing to England and Zimbabwe are one and the same?This is an embarrassment and heads need to be rolled over for this despicable performance against a side that almost lost their test status...All Bangla Fans must be cursing India l for having given Zimababwe lalchand rajput as coach...

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So England losing in BD is equivalent to India losing in Eng. And that's your explanation for losing to a team that never wins tests. Now thats BD logic

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I bet there were a bunch of Umpire's call decisions against BD players in this test

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Big setback against Zimbabwe.

Whilst in ODIs and T20Is Babgladesh are improving, they've still got a lot of work to do in the real format.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was not a single umpire's call decision against Bangladesh in any of the innings. They were pathetic in their batting, hence the result. Also, I guess Op meant to say BD have become a powermouse. Just a typo from his end.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not Powerhouse but they are a Joke. They are not worthy to play Test cricket yet.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ODI rankings will be reset after WC. AFG can surpass everyone in ODI and rankings if they win. The reset will benefit them the most.
    reset after world cup? wow then it will become incredibly hard for Bangladesh to stay in top 10 rankings. Bangladesh also needs to look at any upcoming talent that can replace the shakib/tamim/rahim/mortaza players.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    wellington
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Need to drop Murtaza asap... He is a liability to the team.

only fighters rise up from the dust..

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Big setback against Zimbabwe.

Whilst in ODIs and T20Is Babgladesh are improving, they've still got a lot of work to do in the real format.
    Disagree @Saj. Bangladesh is worse in T20s than tests. There is a reason they are ranked 10th!!!

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread will have it's ups and down for sure. It will make for an interesting thread during the World Cup

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread will have it's ups and down for sure. It will make for an interesting thread during the World Cup
    Bangladesh is not a power house and I don’t see that changing in the world cup. Do you?

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Bangladesh is not a power house and I don’t see that changing in the world cup. Do you?
    Obviously not a powerhouse. However, they do raise their game in ODI tournaments. I saw a recent interview of Shakib, and he seemed optimistic about next year's World Cup.

Realistically, if BD is to achieve anything in Cricket, the next world cup is pretty much it with it's core players of Tamim, Shakib, Mushy, Mahmudullah closing in on their retirement.