Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    This thread will have it's ups and down for sure. It will make for an interesting thread during the World Cup
    Yes I agree 100%, my prediction is when Bangladesh doesn't manage to win a single game there, Admin will be forced to delete this thread out of sympathy for bangladeshi fans who will be deeply hurt, I am still waiting for reply from RainMan but thankfully some braveheart fans like you are still on this thread. In all honesty though, making this type of thread was very very immature.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    @rainman time for you to come on this thread and explain why your future powerhouse team has lost to the minnows of all minnows..you cannot hide..be brave and explain yourself.
    My dear friend, this is international cricket. Sometimes minnows play above they r potential and upset the bigger teams with their performance.

Even though Bangladesh missed some of the biggest stars in the game who can single handedly win matches for their respective team, but still I believe Bangladesh shouldn't have lost the test.

But u need to understand that, just because a depleted Bangladesh team lost a test to Zimbabwea doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't becoming a powerhouse in cricket. U have to look at their overall growth as a cricket nation instead of one individual performance. If upset was so uncommon in cricket then a nothing team like India wouldn't have managed to beat one of the greatest cricket teams of all time in a wc final in 83. Same thing happened to Pak and other teams as well. U shouldn't judge a team based on these anomalies.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    Obviously not a powerhouse. However, they do raise their game in ODI tournaments. I saw a recent interview of Shakib, and he seemed optimistic about next year's World Cup.

Realistically, if BD is to achieve anything in Cricket, the next world cup is pretty much it with it's core players of Tamim, Shakib, Mushy, Mahmudullah closing in on their retirement.
    You mean Shakib is optimistic about winning the world cup itself or winning few matches?
    Last edited by Canford Cliffs; 7th November 2018 at 07:53.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    It does determine based on various factors which I am not interested to type now.

But, yeah, it's my opinion, you can have your opinion.
    U aren't interested to type now because u have little to nothing to substantiate ur claim.

Bangladesh have shown tremendous improvement in ODIs and they have been consistently performing in ICC tournaments as well as in other big tournaments.

Whitewashing one of the best ODI teams in the world two times in a row should never be considered as a fluke. Winning back to back odi series against top ranked teams, going to the final two times in the most prestigious odi tournament in Asia, going to the quarter final and semifinal of the last two ICC tournaments will only be considered as flukes by those who don't understand cricket.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by warcry View Post
    where is that naagin rainman when you need him?
    at this rate bangladesh will be first powerhouse in cricket to get its test status revoked.
    Revoking test status because of what exactly? For losing a test Zimbabwe? Then what should happen to those countries who got whitewashed by minnow Srilanka at home?

U need to realise that sometimes these upsets happen in cricket. If cricket was so predictable then it wouldn't be so enjoyable to watch.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMan_ View Post
    Revoking test status because of what exactly? For losing a test Zimbabwe? Then what should happen to those countries who got whitewashed by minnow Srilanka at home?

U need to realise that sometimes these upsets happen in cricket. If cricket was so predictable then it wouldn't be so enjoyable to watch.
    Calling Sri Lanka minnows? are you serious? You guys literally lost test match at your OWN BACKYARD to a team that hasn't won a away test match in 17 years!!!

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zimbabwe didn't win a single test in 5 years dude. Last time they won an away test, Heath Streak was still playing cricket. If you need your full strength team to beat the minnow of minnows, you should voluntarily relinquish your test status, before it's revoked.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakaz View Post
    Calling Sri Lanka minnows? are you serious? You guys literally lost test match at your OWN BACKYARD to a team that hasn't won a away test match in 17 years!!!
    This post makes no sense. Pls clarify ur point. Who haven't won an an away test match in 17 years?

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This post makes no sense. Pls clarify ur point. Who haven't won an an away test match in 17 years?
    The post was pretty self explanatory. Zimbabwe hadn't won an away test for 17 years before their victory over Bangladesh yesterday. Their last away win was also against Bangladesh back in 2001.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    The post was pretty self explanatory. Zimbabwe hadn't won an away test for 17 years before their victory over Bangladesh yesterday. Their last away win was also against Bangladesh back in 2001.
    What the...is that true? Damn that's shameful

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    Also its not that Zimb just sneaked a victory here. They anhilated BD here in 3.5 days mind you
    #Powerhouse

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Also its not that Zimb just sneaked a victory here. They anhilated BD here in 3.5 days mind you
    #Powerhouse
    Rainman said BD was depleted, meaning they needed a full strength team to even compete against Zimbabwe, whose cricket board is bankrupt and was getting close to dissolved last year.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The team which is ranked 3 places & 30 points above BD and also defeated BD in BD is test series is a minnow but BD is on verge of becoming a powerhouse

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread has reached to an epic level
    Everybody has become so serious here by the claim of so called "power house". This thread is intended to humiliate Bangladesh and it's supporters. Posters posting comments here taking full advantage of it. Rainman, the OP here, is fully responsible for it,whom I suspect is not a Bangladeshi. I request him not to post any comment or thread on Bangladesh. It just come back again and again to haunt us here in PP. It's my Earnest request to him

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainul View Post
    Everybody has become so serious here by the claim of so called "power house". This thread is intended to humiliate Bangladesh and it's supporters. Posters posting comments here taking full advantage of it. Rainman, the OP here, is fully responsible for it,whom I suspect is not a Bangladeshi. I request him not to post any comment or thread on Bangladesh. It just come back again and again to haunt us here in PP. It's my Earnest request to him
    I also suspect Rainman is not from Bangladesh. Do call him out every time he makes a thread or posts something outrageously stupid. He is making you guys look bad. I cringe how BD team plays at times, but the posters on PP are not bad. Rainman is a bad troll.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    My dear friend, this is international cricket. Sometimes minnows play above they r potential and upset the bigger teams with their performance.

Even though Bangladesh missed some of the biggest stars in the game who can single handedly win matches for their respective team, but still I believe Bangladesh shouldn't have lost the test.

But u need to understand that, just because a depleted Bangladesh team lost a test to Zimbabwea doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't becoming a powerhouse in cricket. U have to look at their overall growth as a cricket nation instead of one individual performance. If upset was so uncommon in cricket then a nothing team like India wouldn't have managed to beat one of the greatest cricket teams of all time in a wc final in 83. Same thing happened to Pak and other teams as well. U shouldn't judge a team based on these anomalies.
    Its good to see you are brave enough to come out and defend your team in this starnge hour. Well done. Unlike some of my other colleagues who dissappear for long stretches to avoid difficult conversations.

I undertsand where you are coming from. However dont you think it is ominous that without your three core players the team has failed to jell and even get a draw in this game? the batting is looking very flimsy and I dont know where your bowling is at?

what are the upcoming players like? remember you need a good spinner and a good pacer. Do you have anyone who can take up this mantle?

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman_ View Post
    this post makes no sense. Pls clarify ur point. Who haven't won an an away test match in 17 years?
    zimbawe

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainul View Post
    Lol. If indeed he isn't a BD fan, this is the greatest troll on PP so far. This thread will be revisited hundreds of times in the future.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah you are right, upsets do happen in cricket. this sentence is enough to explain every win by bangladesh ever in all their cricket history.

may i remind you, UAE is not home. even bangladesh conditions is more home that UAE will ever be.
    even if we account uae as home, that loss to sri lanka is the first loss at home incurred by pakistan, since 2007.

In a period of 2008-2017. pakistan has had its home games in neutral venues and some series in neutral venue. we played our "home" series against aus in england and drew 1-1.
    we played our "home" series against new zealand in new zealand and won 1-0

you dont have the right to discuss our test record. your team is so weak in tests, your team would lose to ireland in ireland.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah you are right, upsets do happen in cricket. this sentence is enough to explain every win by bangladesh ever in all their cricket history.
    Incorrect. That post was made to show the logical fallacy in his statement, not to demean any other cricket nation. Well, u can declare something as upset if it happens once in a blue moon but u certainly can't claim something as upset that happens on a regular basis, can u?

For example, the way PAKISTAN team Beat teams like ENG, IND in CT can be considered as upset since nobody expected that sort of performance from a lower ranked team against some of the best ODI teams in the world.

But can u say the same about the performance of Bangladesh
    In Asia cup? No. Because Bangladesh has been dominating Asia cup for quite some time now. If I m not wrong, they have reached the the finals of Asia cups more than most of the other Asian teams in last 3/4 years. Therefore, BD'S dominance in Asia was a normality, something which most of the cricket fans more or less expected. Same goes for those serieses where they whitewashed NZ team two times ( u can easily understand how good is NZ team in ODIs if u follow the recent ODI serieses between PAK and NZ.

may i remind you, UAE is not home. even bangladesh conditions is more home that UAE will ever be.
    even if we account uae as home, that loss to sri lanka is the first loss at home incurred by pakistan, since 2007.

In a period of 2008-2017. pakistan has had its home games in neutral venues and some series in neutral venue. we played our "home" series against aus in england and drew 1-1.
    we played our "home" series against new zealand in new zealand and won 1-0

you dont have the right to discuss our test record. your team is so weak in tests, your team would lose to ireland in ireland.
    Again I think u r going off tangent here. Pakistan under Misbah have done well in UAE, I won't disregard that fact. But u can't also ignore the fact that even after playing international cricket for almost 70/80 years Pak haven't managed to win a single test series in Australia and SA, as a matter of fact Pakistan couldn't even won a single test against Australia in Australia in last 15/20 years. Similarly, before Pakistan's last tour of WI, they consistently failed to win test series in WI. Their only series victory came in 2017.

But then again, comparing a team that has been playing international cricket for 70/80 years with a team that has been playing international cricket for just 20 years is absolutely pointless. Don't really know why u r making a comparison here. My previous post was made to just show that incidents like Pakistan getting whitewashed by Zimbabwe at home, Pakistan getting whitewashed by srilanka at home and Bangladesh losing a test to Zimbabwea are of similar nature. Hence, ppl should not judge a team based on these anomalies.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the contrary, Bangladesh is one of the slowest-improving countries of any major cricketing nation. Let's look at the early history of some of the others:
    Pakistan: won a game vs India in their first ever series and drew England 1-1 in their first ever away series
    Sri Lanka: Won the World Cup 14 years after Test status and became a formidable LOI side (arguably top 4 in the late 90s) as well as a decent test side. BD has been a Test side for 18 years and hasn't even made a WC semi-final.
    Australia: Despite being only a new nation with fewer resources and a much smaller population, were very competitive against the mother country from the very first Test.
    Windies: Weren't even allowed to have a black captain, they drew their second ever Test series (against England) and were quite competitive within 5-6 years of making their debut in 1928, winning a series against England in 1934.
    South Africa: Missed out on the first two decades of ODIs, established themselves as a top-two ODI side within five years of making their debut.
    Zimbabwe: More competitive in the late 90s than BD has ever been, only declined because of Mugabe.
    Afghanistan: Way ahead of where BD was at the same stage since debut - and they don't even get to play at home.
    So Bangladesh slowly moving away from minnow status 18 years after making their debut is nothing even close to extraordinary. Add to that the fact that BD has 165 million people and a massive interset in the sport, which gives it a huge advantage compared to countries like NZ (4.5 million, cricket only the 4th or 5th most popular sport) and WI (~10 million, rapidly declining interest in the sport)

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another load shedding at the powerhouse?

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Maybe this cricket thing is just not for Bangladesh.

East India is pretty decent at football - maybe Bangladesh should divert their attention and resources to that instead, if it works for them?

Unless they like losing of course. Their grounds are always packed, featuring half the city turning up to witness yet another loss. Not sure what's going on.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another step towards world domination. Congrats @RainMan_

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziFans View Post
    On the contrary, Bangladesh is one of the slowest-improving countries of any major cricketing nation. Let's look at the early history of some of the others:
    Pakistan: won a game vs India in their first ever series and drew England 1-1 in their first ever away series
    Sri Lanka: Won the World Cup 14 years after Test status and became a formidable LOI side (arguably top 4 in the late 90s) as well as a decent test side. BD has been a Test side for 18 years and hasn't even made a WC semi-final.
    Australia: Despite being only a new nation with fewer resources and a much smaller population, were very competitive against the mother country from the very first Test.
    Windies: Weren't even allowed to have a black captain, they drew their second ever Test series (against England) and were quite competitive within 5-6 years of making their debut in 1928, winning a series against England in 1934.
    South Africa: Missed out on the first two decades of ODIs, established themselves as a top-two ODI side within five years of making their debut.
    Zimbabwe: More competitive in the late 90s than BD has ever been, only declined because of Mugabe.
    Afghanistan: Way ahead of where BD was at the same stage since debut - and they don't even get to play at home.
    So Bangladesh slowly moving away from minnow status 18 years after making their debut is nothing even close to extraordinary. Add to that the fact that BD has 165 million people and a massive interset in the sport, which gives it a huge advantage compared to countries like NZ (4.5 million, cricket only the 4th or 5th most popular sport) and WI (~10 million, rapidly declining interest in the sport)
    Doesn't seem like a fair comparison since all other teams were fully established sides when BD made their debut.

That was certainly not the case when India and Pakistan made their international debuts

The one thing we can say with certainty is that of all cricketing nations, SL had the fastest growth rate. Which is admirable considering how tiny the island nation is.

But yeah, BD is not a "powerhouse" by any means.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Another step towards world domination. Congrats @RainMan_
    Thank u my dear friend.I predicted after the first test that Zimbabwe would be blown away in the second test. That is exactly what happened. Pls dont try to be sarcastic here. This is a serious thread. Everybody knows that Bangladesh is becoming a dominating force in Asian condition.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    Doesn't seem like a fair comparison since all other teams were fully established sides when BD made their debut.

That was certainly not the case when India and Pakistan made their international debuts

The one thing we can say with certainty is that of all cricketing nations, SL had the fastest growth rate. Which is admirable considering how tiny the island nation is.

But yeah, BD is not a "powerhouse" by any means.
    I agree with this post. Good post outsider.

Anyone who knows about cricket will agree with the fact that after srilanka Bangladesh is one of the very few teams who have improved leaps and bounds within a very short period of time.

BTW, i m not saying that they have already become a powerhouse. What i m saying that is they r on their way to become a powerhouse in cricket.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone who knows about cricket will agree with the fact that after srilanka Bangladesh is one of the very few teams who have improved leaps and bounds within a very short period of time.

BTW, i m not saying that they have already become a powerhouse. What i m saying that is they r on their way to become a powerhouse in cricket.
    I felt that I had to say this because BD gets a lot of flak on this forum which I don't agree with.

Personally, I feel they have come a long way in 18 years and especially in the last 5 years.

I don't think any non-Asian team will dare to take BD lightly when they are playing in Asia.

Potentially, BD can become a powerhouse in the next two years. But I think for that to happen BCB also needs to do more at the grassroots. Make the FC system stronger. Produce different kinds of pitches so that BD doesn't become over-reliant on spinners. That's the mistake India used to make earlier too. But since BCCI has made an effort to produce better pitches for pacers, Indian pacers have also gone from strength to strength. Of course, it also prepares the batsmen to play pace and bounce better.

It will take longer for BD to become ba powerhouse because there is much more competition gloabally nowadays. But I do think they have the potential to get there.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeap Bangla on the way to world domination...

"Everything else seems so superfluous." ~ Albert Einstein on the Bhagavad-Gita

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    Jeez! Get a grip on yourself, man. Such a poor post.
    You would be furious if there was somebody like Rainman speaking for India, and India was a lower ranked team. His hyperboles make Bangladesh fans look bad and they get bashed many times because of his posts. I took his bait in the past but most BD fans on PP are good people. Just have a look at his post history, it's so bad.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    You would be furious if there was somebody like Rainman speaking for India, and India was a lower ranked team. His hyperboles make Bangladesh fans look bad and they get bashed many times because of his posts. I took his bait in the past but most BD fans on PP are good people. Just have a look at his post history, it's so bad.
    I know that he can be over-the-top sometimes. @RainMan_ and I have clashed many-a-times over various topics.

But that doesn't mean you or I get to have a say on whether he should be here or not.

That's an exclusionary mindset and that is especially poor coming from you since you are supposed to be representing the largest secular democracy in the world. I'm sorry but I do not condone this attitude.
    Last edited by the_outsider; Today at 12:43.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh is a poor cricket team and borderline minnows. People can brag about it as much as they want online but it does not change the ground reality.

If we catalogue BDrecords / performance / results over the years, they are actually on the same level as Zimbabwe and touch above Afghanistan and Ireland as far as test cricket goes.

In T20s, they are not even borderline but real life minnows. Afghanistan which started playing proper cricket just 10 years ago, recently whitewashed them.

Yes in ODIs they did made some improvement (very little) but they are no world beaters in that format either as their fans would made us believe. 2015 was their great year thanks to a mystery spinner Mustafizur on those slow pitches but once his mystery dissapeared, their performance took a dip as well. In CT 1st game, we all saw how easily England chased 310 against them with 8 wickets in hand. Next game against Australia, they we got all out for 183 in the Oval. Australians were 83/1 chasing in 16 overs and then it started raining. Aussies got robbed a sure win and both teams got 1 point each. They just won 1 game against New Zealand in Subcontinent type cardiff track to reach semi finals only to get humiliated against India by 9 wickets. So 1 win in an ICC event is nothing to boast off.

Later, they went on to lose every single ODI on the tour of SA. Later, they played an ODI tri series at home featuring Zimbabwe and SriLanka. Even with 2 sub par teams at home they couldnt win that tri series. SL beat them in the finals to win the title and BD still searching for their 1st tri series victory. Yes they did qualify for Asia cup finals couple of times but it is no big deal. They are yet to win a single tri/multi nation tournament in ODIs, let alone ICC event. So to think BD has suddenly became some great ODI side is either a myth or big joke.

Now the reason why most of the time BD cricket is in news is because they have the most aweful fanbase (I give them that) and melodramatic players. Their antics bring more attention than actual game. Let it be hacking Kohli's website or Mushy's tweet or Naagin dance or Shakib breaking dressing room glass etc etc.

So if we combine all format, BD is touch above Zimb, Afg and Ire and below WI & SL. Now people may get optimistic and say they are improving/on their way to become powerhouse in future etc. Take it from me, 20 years later we would say the same.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bangla Cricket team is not just a cricketing joke but an International sports joke as well. 20 years since they emerged on the scene and I tell you I see no difference between Bangladesh of 2005/2004 and now.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Is this a joke? Bangla is the only team that has been given so much support but not improved much at all in 20 years!

Ireland, Afghanistan(Pakistan C) and Sri Lanka had faster growths. Not to mention, Pakistan from a young age competed with the best of the best