Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

"A senior player should be appointed Test captain for 1-1.5 years" : Mohsin Khan

Mohsin Khan speaking in a TV interview with HUM News:

"The Asia Cup was a massive disaster and it was very disappointing that the team had no planning and we were playing the wrong playing XIs, the body language was bad"

"Against Australia, the performances the brilliant and we should have even won the first Test. I was very happy to see that. I have always maintained that the team is potentially very strong and the players are very talented but they don't fulfill their potential. I would like to give credit to Sarfaraz and the players for the way they played against Australia"

"I think NZ will be a better team than Australia in these conditions as they will show more responsibility which was lacking from Australia. But I will still say that potentially Pakistan's team is the best in the world. However, NZ will give us a tough fight. But if we play to our potential with the right plans and with the right playing XI, Pakistan will God-willing win"

"Taking up the position on the committee is of course a challenge but that's the only thing that is enjoyable, a challenge. My past record, as a player, chief selector and a head coach, alhamdulillah Allah has given me success. I have a very good team and the chairman is very knowledgeable and is giving us full support"

"We will try to uplift the standard of domestic cricket, the pitches and the quality of play. We need to improve quality rather than quantity. We will try to make sure that the selectors are fair and we will help them if they require help."

"Regarding the coaching staff, if they make mistakes then we will point them out, if they do good things then we will praise them. The same goes for the captain."

"Both domestic and international cricket will be focused on"

"I had strong reservations about the Qayyum report. I had a lengthy meeting with the chairman who gave my confidence that the report does not have a lot of authenticity. He asked me if I can trust him, I said of course and he has a great reputation across the cricketing world. He gave me guarantees to not worry and I say today that anyone who damages Pakistan's reputation in anyway has no place in my heard. I have been given assurances about the team I have been given. Looking at the PM and the Chairman's credibility, I took up this position as I want to help Pakistan cricket"

"Regarding Sarfaraz, I have maintained that it's not wise to bring a new guy in and give him the burden of leading the team in all three formats. In the ground, there is already so much pressure on him by playing all formats and he won't get any mental relaxation. I suggested that Sarfaraz should be ODI and T20I captain and a senior player should be appointed Test captain for 1-1.5 years. This would give Sarfaraz the chance to relax and groom himself and stabilise. In the Asia Cup, his body language was bad and I felt sorry for him because he is under pressure in all three formats. He is very talented, and he is still young, he's not 36-37, he has lots of time. I will definitely give these recommendations to the chairman but the decision is of course his"

"I have no personal interests, whatever I say is for the betterment of Pakistan cricket"

"The NZ series has matches in all formats, we will get to see how strong Sarfaraz is mentally. I am only saying this as he's young and should not be put under so much pressure. Wicket-keeping itself is a very difficult job"
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 30th October 2018 at 20:40.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1652 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This guy is going to have Butts and Akmals playing for us within 2 months

Why did they appoint him
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 30th October 2018 at 17:31. Reason: be polite thx

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    where's the mute button on this man?

ya aenu chuk lay ya mainu aenu chukkan di taaqat day

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So just after Sarfraz won the series against Aus this man wants him to be sacked for a 36-37 year old senior indirectly referring to Hafeez as their is no on else of this age.

Mani what have you done? What a disaster this appointment is turning out to be.

I fear Mickey and Sarfraz wont last long as long as we have such geniuses heading our cricket committees.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Apr 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appointing mohsin khan to move the national team and the game in pakistan forward!! Genius

talk about shooting yourself in the foot

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1712 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    I am confused!

Is he trying to make Mohammad Hafeez or Salman Butt into the Test skipper?

Between Azhar Ali, Asad Shafiq, Sarfraz Ahmed and Yasir Shah there are already twice as many Over Thirty’s as there should be.

And this clown wants more?

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Won't be surprised if grouping starts in the team soon when Hafeez is made captain while Asad and Azhar are a part of team.

Khuda Khuda kar kay to jaan chuti thii grouping sai.

Sometimes i doubt these ex cricketers are sincere to Pakistan cricket like some posters here and some Pakistani fans. Mohsin might be hurt how we drew against Eng and won against Aus with a young team under Mickey Arthur.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad times are ahead

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    I am confused!

Is he trying to make Mohammad Hafeez or Salman Butt into the Test skipper?

Between Azhar Ali, Asad Shafiq, Sarfraz Ahmed and Yasir Shah there are already twice as many Over Thirty’s as there should be.

And this clown wants more?
    Only 36+ year old player in the line up is Mohammad Hafeez.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    865 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hafeez will retire as a captain. He will be in 2023 WC as well.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Just give Mohsin some really high quality chai and problem solved.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pathetic.

No merit in appointing Hafeez test captain.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mohsin Khan was a superb player, selector and head coach and never came across as a disgruntled tool when he was out of work.

First thing he needs to do is to sack everyone, appoint a new captain and become the head coach himself.
    He will take Pakistan cricket to such levels that things like match fixing, oath gate, losing at home to lesser teams and getting thrashed in places like Australia and South Africa will be something everyone craves for.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mohsin cannot even speak respectfully when lashing out criticism.

I don't understand how the hell a guy like him is appointed to head the commity? He is a disaster.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 30th October 2018 at 18:03.

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    Mohsin Khan was a superb player, selector and head coach and never came across as a disgruntled tool when he was out of work.

First thing he needs to do is to sack everyone, appoint a new captain and become the head coach himself.
    He will take Pakistan cricket to such levels that things like match fixing, oath gate, losing at home to lesser teams and getting thrashed in places like Australia and South Africa will be something everyone craves for.
    Why stick to the head coach. He should make himself captain and open both bowling and batting. He can get a fielding position at slips. First ICC need to change rules, so a sofa is allowed on the pitch. He can put the sofa at slips and field while resting his a..

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was willing to give Ehsan Mani the benefit of the doubt.
    But what is wrong is wrong.

Now then, how does one make a formal complaint on this new government portal?

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    So just after Sarfraz won the series against Aus this man wants him to be sacked for a 36-37 year old senior indirectly referring to Hafeez as their is no on else of this age.

Mani what have you done? What a disaster this appointment is turning out to be.

I fear Mickey and Sarfraz wont last long as long as we have such geniuses heading our cricket committees.
    In my opinion Sarfraz should be test captain and removed from ODI & T20 squad. Sarfraz is not a good limited overs cricket player but he is a good FC player.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    In my opinion Sarfraz should be test captain and removed from ODI & T20 squad. Sarfraz is not a good limited overs cricket player but he is a good FC player.
    Hmm..

I think he should be the captain in all formats till world cup and team selection wise we dont need whole sale changes till world cup. After world cup his performance and burden etc etc should be assessed and changes, if any, should me made accordingly.

Team is doing ok right now so no need to disturb the composition. Every player, captain and coach should be given maximum confidence that we are behind you and you have your time till world cup. You wont be disturbed.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a disaster,Shame on you Ehsan Mani and IK.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4846 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    I advocate Shafiq to be appointed as Test captain with Sarfraz playing as wicket-keeper on probation.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Some where I read that PCB is going to form a central media committee/team and all PCB press release will be delivered by them or after scrutinized by them ............. I guess, that team isn't formed/hired yet.

2nd issue is, that I thought this was an advisory team, who'll silently give key notes and food for thoughts to Chairman's ear - doesn't hold the authority to implement, neither to think loud. But .......

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I advocate Shafiq to be appointed as Test captain with Sarfraz playing as wicket-keeper on probation.
    Not senior enough.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Some where I read that PCB is going to form a central media committee/team and all PCB press release will be delivered by them or after scrutinized by them ............. I guess, that team isn't formed/hired yet.

2nd issue is, that I thought this was an advisory team, who'll silently give key notes and food for thoughts to Chairman's ear - doesn't hold the authority to implement, neither to think loud. But .......
    MHK frequents certain channels and shows, looks like he's going to be out there discussing committee matters every week.

What a nightmare.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    That'll tell exactly opposite - Sarfraz is acceptable as a player, but not good enough Captain.

A WK should never be appointed Captain, groomed as Captain, at most possible way (impossible way is like what AUS is going through now) - that's the learning of 200 years cricket history.

So, obviously, it has to happen that PCB's national Captain for 3 formats is WK, A team's Captain for 2 formats (so far) is WK, U19 team's Captain is WK ....... not sure about Ladies' team though.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    MHK frequents certain channels and shows, looks like he's going to be out there discussing committee matters every week.

What a nightmare.
    Good, PCB estyle preparation for WC - 7 months to go. Welcome to naya Pakistan (in an old bottle).

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4846 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    That'll tell exactly opposite - Sarfraz is acceptable as a player, but not good enough Captain.

A WK should never be appointed Captain, groomed as Captain, at most possible way (impossible way is like what AUS is going through now) - that's the learning of 200 years cricket history.

So, obviously, it has to happen that PCB's national Captain for 3 formats is WK, A team's Captain for 2 formats (so far) is WK, U19 team's Captain is WK ....... not sure about Ladies' team though.
    Keeping all factors in mind, Shafiq seems to be the only viable candidate for Test captaincy at the moment, and yes it is a result of the PCB shooting itself in the foot.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's not about seniority.

Limit Sarfraz to one format and he will maybe start doing well.

We need a younger captain who first of all, makes the team on merit and is able to lead from the front.

With his own performances.

As for MHK, yes, he's a karishma of Ehsan Mani and our blind Mani/IK fans need to realize what's going wrong.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is great that Mohsin is discussing his thoughts not with his own lieutenants but with the great managerial body of Hum News.

Why should a CEO not share his views on reforming his corporation publicly with the press? After all he is taking his COO off the job, who will get to know about this small development in his career from the newspapers - as it should be.

Classic. Pakistan cricket is back after a brief boring interlude!

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This has been a disastrous appointment so far Seems like mohsin loves the limelight and airing his controversial views in public

What was mani thinking when he appointed him??

If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfaraz is young and new?

I don't mind Shafiq to be test captain, he has a sharp mind for 4 day cricket as he has shown in leading the Pak a sides against touring teams but saying the Sarfaraz is new and young is pretty odd statement to make.

After Shafiq and Azhar, Sarfaraz has played most matches in the format.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Sarfaraz is young and new?

I don't mind Shafiq to be test captain, he has a sharp mind for 4 day cricket as he has shown in leading the Pak a sides against touring teams but saying the Sarfaraz is new and young is pretty odd statement to make.

After Shafiq and Azhar, Sarfaraz has played most matches in the format.
    Below 35 is young.

Above 35 is senior.

I think.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This kind of nonsense of changing the captain right before the world cup always happens to Pakistan. Mohsin Khan will ruin Pakistan cricket with his personal agendas. Remove him asap.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ehsan Mani's comments on the credibility of the Qayyum Report are arguably the most damaging comments ever uttered by a PCB chairman. That's saying a lot given that Ijaz Butt was once PCB chairman too.

Utter disgrace to whitewash history in order to curry favour with an incompetent buffoon who has serious delusions of grandeur. Any self-respecting Pakistan fan who suffered during the 90s should be up in arms about this.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The appointment of Mohsin Khan is certainly not going down too well with Pakistan fans, Sarfaraz and Mickey.

It will be interesting to see how Ehsan Mani resolves this growing tension without creating too much chaos.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say he has lost his marbles but he didn't have any to begin with. Also thinks Sarfraz is "too young" to be given captaincy in all three formats. I think someone needs to make him aware of the ages of the other senior players barring Uncle Hafeez

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100% agree, Sarfraz should not be the captain for all three format.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketingMinds View Post
    The appointment of Mohsin Khan is certainly not going down too well with Pakistan fans, Sarfaraz and Mickey.

It will be interesting to see how Ehsan Mani resolves this growing tension without creating too much chaos.
    Mani is going to ask Mohsin to shut up and keep his recommendations private otherwise he will be let go.

The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there — Vince Lombardi

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Tick tock until Mohsin gets the boot. He loves the limelight. Like many ex-players - self restraint when dealing with the press is not their strong suit.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ehsan Mani what have you done! - you've just given an AK47 to a monster. Mickey, players and Pakistan cricket needs to brace itself for the gun shots on its way!

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was a good coach, as soon as he was sacked, his whole personality changed. He started speaking some randon nonsense and this is what he is doing currently. You want to remove sarfraz to give him full confidence in LOIs but you are not thinking of the impact it creates on you when they remove you as captain from any format? A senior player as test skipper, if Azhar Ali is made captain, we will be back to Misbah mode, Asad Shafiq was pretty bad when he captained the whole day vs australia, who is left? Hafeez. He doesnt even fit in the test team by how inconsistent he is and he wants a senior to be captain. He is gonna bring our cricket back to the 70s

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    100% agree, Sarfraz should not be the captain for all three format.
    Do you need some strong chai like mohsin does?

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some 1 tell to him to worry about the DOMESTIC cricket and in special the wickets during 4 day matches that last max 2 days!

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring him on.. what’s the worst that can happen..

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirpur express View Post
    Bring him on.. what’s the worst that can happen..
    He may recommend that he would like to open again in tests

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Awesome hire Mani sahab

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    This guy is against the Coach, Captain, CS & his own deputy in this role - on top of that, a motormouth. How long the show can run like this? This is just the 2nd episode of season 1.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hopefully we get rid of him in a day or 2.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Guys MMH are right. Hafeez will be our new captain. Mani is worse than Sethi. IK doesnt know anything about modern day cricket/administration. His appointment of Mani justify my statement.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    IK may surprise us by Mohsin next chairman, Abdul Qadir/Nawaz our chief selector, Miandad as director of PCB.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketInsight View Post
    Mani is going to ask Mohsin to shut up and keep his recommendations private otherwise he will be let go.
    Mr. Mani is a Yes Man himself. What Mohsin wants is to coach our team and put Yesman like Azhar/Shafiq as captain. If Micky fail to win some matches under Azhar/Shafiq he will demand for replacement and appoint himself as coach. If team continue to fail he will blame some players for lack of team work.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This guy is from the bottom rung

It wont be over the top to say that he will use his new role to do his utmost to sabotage the team so he can become coach again

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This joker needs to be removed from the committee ASAP. He will do more harm than good to our cricket sadly.

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought exactly as mentioned above - job of this partially useless committee was to give advice, not announce it out loud. Professional characters as in Pakistan are found in comics only.

Best of The Best : Tendulkar - Wasim - Gilchrist

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In between the lines, its Mickey-Sarfaraz combination what Mohsin Khan is talking about. It's not about "exclusively" Sarfaraz.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Seems Sarfaraz feeling the pressure

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-10-31 at 20.22.42.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  30.9 KB

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    News circling around that Mani said today that he will think about Sarfraz's captaincy future on cricket committee's recommendations and havent decided yet that he will captain us in the world cup.

Is this guy for real? Why does Mani and cricket committee are hell bent on creating unnecessary confusion? World cup is around the corner, why are these guys trying to disturb the team and giving unnecessary statements day after day?

Knowing that few seniors have performed well recently and one retired this may start a race for captaincy and we dont need such drama till the world cupo.

World cup k baad apnay choonchlay krna, abhi rehnay do.
    Last edited by SarfiBabarHaris; 4th November 2018 at 21:45.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Lol, Mani making us miss Sethi big time.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    ‘Displeased’ PCB bars Mohsin Khan from making ‘problematic statements’

LAHORE: Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chief Ehsan Mani is reportedly unhappy with Cricket Committee Chief, Mohsin Hasan Khan over his suggestion that “Sarfraz be relieved of Test captaincy.”

A PCB source said that “Mohsin Khan’s comments are creating difficulties for the cricket body.”

“PCB has asked Mohsin to stop giving out controversial statements and focus on the cricket committee that he has been appointed to lead,” the source further added.

According to reports, PCB is also discussing a possible replacement of Mohsin Khan; if he continues to stir trouble then the board may consider a new chairman for the committee.”

Mohsin Khan had, earlier, voiced his views about Sarfraz in an interview with a local news channel. “I have said it before and I will say it now too, with Sarfraz I was saying you got a new guy in and don’t put the burden of three formats on him.”

“It will take such a physical load on him, T20s, ODIs and then Tests; if he is captain he will not get any mental relaxation.”

“Sarfraz’s body language was so down. I felt sorry for him that he’s had so much pressure put on him, with T20s, ODIs and Tests. There’s no doubt he is so talented and it’s not as if he is 35-36.”

Khan’s statement drew much criticism from the cricketing world as it was considered “ill-timed” and “uncalled for” by his former colleagues and cricket fans, amid flabbergasting performances by Sarfraz-led green shirts including the 11th consecutive T20 series win when they whitewashed 3-0 against Kiwis.

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/201...ic-statements/

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    According to reports, PCB is also discussing a possible replacement of Mohsin Khan; if he continues to stir trouble then the board may consider a new chairman for the committee.”

Time to get rid of this joker if Mani is capable otherwise IK should shown him door too.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Show mani the door first.... the arch ** artist.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    On the other hand, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has reportedly asked the head of cricket committee Mohsin Khan to avoid giving controversial comments. The PCB formed a three-member cricket to assist and advise the board's chairman in relation to plans for promotion and conduct of game at all levels. The committee also included former Pakistan captains Wasim Akram, Misbahul Haq and former women's captain and selector Urooj Mumtaz.

The sources claimed that the PCB Chairman Ehsan Mani was unhappy with the series of statements made by Mohsin Khan who shared his views that Sarfraz Ahmed should not be the captain of the Test team. Both Sarfraz or Mickey Arthur complained to the PCB chairman about it, the sources added.

https://fp.brecorder.com/2018/11/20181107421900/

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    On the other hand, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has reportedly asked the head of cricket committee Mohsin Khan to avoid giving controversial comments. The PCB formed a three-member cricket to assist and advise the board's chairman in relation to plans for promotion and conduct of game at all levels. The committee also included former Pakistan captains Wasim Akram, Misbahul Haq and former women's captain and selector Urooj Mumtaz.

The sources claimed that the PCB Chairman Ehsan Mani was unhappy with the series of statements made by Mohsin Khan who shared his views that Sarfraz Ahmed should not be the captain of the Test team. Both Sarfraz or Mickey Arthur complained to the PCB chairman about it, the sources added.

https://fp.brecorder.com/2018/11/20181107421900/
    About time.... replace the person who is asking for replacements Can't get funnier than this

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mohsin Khan proven right again; the guy knows the game

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we are about to travel in this abyss of poor performances, then let’s back a fresh, new face for the long run and understand that he will take time to get results.

For me Babar Azam is the natural choice. He cannot be dropped simply because he is the finest batsman in Pakistan and he is young. I would take a massive call and back him

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    If we are about to travel in this abyss of poor performances, then let’s back a fresh, new face for the long run and understand that he will take time to get results.

For me Babar Azam is the natural choice. He cannot be dropped simply because he is the finest batsman in Pakistan and he is young. I would take a massive call and back him
    No I say we get a captain per season. So we appoint Babar and then when he inevitably fails we get shaheen afridi and then when he inevitably fails we can get Saud and so on..that way we can give every player in domestic cricket a chance at becoming captain..

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or... let's not have a captain at all! Tell PCB to contact Pakpassion geniuses for advice.

Best of The Best : Tendulkar - Wasim - Gilchrist

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    No I say we get a captain per season. So we appoint Babar and then when he inevitably fails we get shaheen afridi and then when he inevitably fails we can get Saud and so on..that way we can give every player in domestic cricket a chance at becoming captain..
    If you think that EA cricket 2019 tactics can work here in the real world by all means then yeah let’s go for it...

On a serious note, Sarfaraz needs to resign from Test captaincy. He doesn’t make it in the side on merit at the moment and he has struggled to get results at home. The point is, I would rather invest this time of failure in a person that will serve Pakistan for potentially 10-15 years instead of 2-3 years more

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    If you think that EA cricket 2019 tactics can work here in the real world by all means then yeah let’s go for it...

On a serious note, Sarfaraz needs to resign from Test captaincy. He doesn’t make it in the side on merit at the moment and he has struggled to get results at home. The point is, I would rather invest this time of failure in a person that will serve Pakistan for potentially 10-15 years instead of 2-3 years more
    No he should stay the course and we should have faith. The team has shown massive improvements this season so I think your suggestion is based on pure emotion and doesn't make sense even if it holds some merit. There is zero progression management at the moment because the captain is young and his successors or potential successors are young. We tried Azhar and he failed. The logical move would have been to appoint Younis khan after Misbah and help him guide sarfi or another player who would have taken over this year in test cricket. But they went for the other option which also had some merit in having one captain for all three formats.

He is the leader and has done a decent job. I can see visible improvements. May I remind you we lost to a poor SL side while here we should have beaten a good NZ side..yes they are a good side not push overs.

So chill and let sarfi get on with it.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No he should stay the course and we should have faith. The team has shown massive improvements this season so I think your suggestion is based on pure emotion and doesn't make sense even if it holds some merit. There is zero progression management at the moment because the captain is young and his successors or potential successors are young. We tried Azhar and he failed. The logical move would have been to appoint Younis khan after Misbah and help him guide sarfi or another player who would have taken over this year in test cricket. But they went for the other option which also had some merit in having one captain for all three formats.

He is the leader and has done a decent job. I can see visible improvements. May I remind you we lost to a poor SL side while here we should have beaten a good NZ side..yes they are a good side not push overs.

So chill and let sarfi get on with it.
    Dear oh dear....You are reduced to talking up a very average NZ to defend Captain muppet. This is NZ team full of rookies, without the likes of Southee, Guptil, BMac and vitori.

When will the penny drop for you, when we start losing to the likes of Ireland?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Dear oh dear....You are reduced to talking up a very average NZ to defend Captain muppet. This is NZ team full of rookies, without the likes of Southee, Guptil, BMac and vitori.

When will the penny drop for you, when we start losing to the likes of Ireland?
    Fine whats your strategy then sherlock? mnnh? bring in a new wet behind the ears captain? Who will take how long to adjust to the role? will you then cry when we get battered under his leadership. Your idea has zero merit and lacks real forward thinking. Like our tailenders its a brainless Idea..

I want you to articualte how you would turn things around instead of cheap sound bites. Cmon. If you were the chairman of everything pakistan cricket what would you do right now?

by the way we were four runs away from beating this NZ team that have some good players. We should have won thats the point. we were in control for the majority of this test match. But this can happen..now answer my question.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fine whats your strategy then sherlock? mnnh? bring in a new wet behind the ears captain? Who will take how long to adjust to the role? will you then cry when we get battered under his leadership. Your idea has zero merit and lacks real forward thinking. Like our tailenders its a brainless Idea..

I want you to articualte how you would turn things around instead of cheap sound bites. Cmon. If you were the chairman of everything pakistan cricket what would you do right now?

by the way we were four runs away from beating this NZ team that have some good players. We should have won thats the point. we were in control for the majority of this test match. But this can happen..now answer my question.
    First thing I would do is make everyone redundant and start again... the system is too broken to be fixed in its current state.

- lean structure, no committees or jobs for the boys. Every position is advertised and open to all from everywhere.

- Reduce teams in FC and thereby number of pros. I wouldn't encourage any 30+ player to be signed onto the newly formed FC teams.

- increase pay of players and support staff. And give them a new set of terms and conditions, breach them and you are gone. Give short contracts, no such thing as job for life.

- support staff education program. This includes coaches, fitness, groundsman, umpires

- focus on Improving grounds (including wickets) and training facilities at these grounds.

- play matches in park grounds (like NZ) if need be, where spectators especially kids can watch for free. There is no substitute to watching a game live. Ideally take FC matches all round the country. Ideally a FC must cover the weekly public holida, which I believe is Sunday now.

- All contracted players must play in FC games

- I would run club tournaments throughout the year for the semi-pros/amateurs.

As for current team, I would make fakhar captain for a year or so in all formats.

Drop hafeez, Shafiq, Azhar and Sarfraz and bilal immediately and encourage them to retire.

I would bring new blood in batting, give chances to the promising 22-25 year olds who exhibit any sign of character. Right now, Saud and Saad are the dish of the day on PP, I personally don't know much about them but give them a go. Experiment with couple of keepers in squad, go with rizwan at the start if you must, but there must be another two in or around the squad to see who takes the spot.

I would create a pool of 5 seamers and 5 spinners that you select from, ideally those who are in form get first pick.